Thread: Question

Thanks
    What is the thing(similar to a rose) of red colour almost every presenter have wear in their jacket last 7 days?
    thanks

Banned
    Thanks
    suny, they are poppies as part of the annual British Poppy Appeal to raise money for war victims.

Thanks
    Thank you for the reply.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Its actually synonymous with the first world war but has now become a national emblem as a means of getting funds for those injured in conflicts/wars by any British soldier but I also think the yanks have something very similar with the same flower?
    Its based on the following suny.
    On the battlefields of Flanders during World War I, wild poppies grew among the bombed landscape and became a sign of hope for the soldiers who lived and a memorial to the bravery of those who didn’t..................
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Forgot to add its normally based/commemrated on the date 11th day of the 11th month @11am or the nearest Sunday to this.... but the poppies come on sale a few weeks prior to this date.....
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    conformation of my above statement................

American soldiers brought home the image of the red bloom and planted it with the American Legion Auxiliary, where it has bloomed every year since. For more than 70 years, the auxiliary has sponsored Poppy Days to remind Americans that millions have made sacrifices to defend the nation and keep it strong. Auxiliary members hand out poppies to the public and collect donations to help assist veterans and their families.

The Legion encourages citizens to wear their poppy proudly to show their support for American Veterans.

This forum ....is a font of knowledge??????...................