Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animals

Ardross
    Have we had this recently oh never mind . PDJ will be able to tell you about his stick insect Neville and Krizon about her Python Widdecombe but I have a cat - I am about her fourth owner after some friends decamped to Spain three years ago.

She is an oldish (13 ) tortoiseshell called Mary and although I have never been all that keen on cats I think she is great . Very good natured , a bit daft and sometimes amusing

What pet do you have ?

Thanks
    My wife has a cat, I hate the *******, it plays havoc with the bark round my hedging trees and the little ****** seems determined to live forever (15 and going strong).

The Davies Accord, signed in 1993, states quite clearly that, once said cat meets its maker, I get the same number of pet-free years as I've endured (11 and bloody counting).

However, my son (aged three) insists he is now part of a three-way franchise so it looks like I've gonig to suffer a humiliating defeat and end up feeding a rabbit and walking a dog every night until I pop my clogs.
    Banned

Thanks
    C'mon shadow leader, im dying to know if you have a pet... or are they ALL vermin
    I can resist everything except temptation.

Ardross
    she has a parrot

Thanks
    I know, i was at the funeral... the big bad puddy cat got tweety ...
    I can resist everything except temptation.

Thanks
    not the parrot ???? I hope not - that sounded great!!

I've got 4 at the moment - Po, and a new forest pony called Jed, and two dogs - an extremely fat springer spaniel called Katy ( or Mortondawn Katydidwhat to give her her showing name ) and a Hovawart called Murphy who we think has Addisons Disease. ( body not producing enough steroids type of thing ) for all of you who are now saying " a HovaWHAT??!!! - have a look on www.hovawart.co.uk at the club pages - there is a gallery there - they are about 2'9" high, and very very hairy......... )

No more cats ( there were 2 ) and only the 2 horses now ( at one stage had 3 ) think I have enough to be going on with.....
    #YourStorm
    Mr Brightside

All posts are based on the following:
    I know what I'm talking about/ I'm having a stab in the dark
    I'm bored/ You're an idiot and I'm poking you with sticks

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    One 9-y-o mongrel called Toby(who thinks he's a cat) and 4 cats(Brockum,Bobble, Bean and Noodle) who were rescued from our garage where their feral mother had given birth to them but couldn't look after them, that was 10 years ago.

Colin
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Sadly I have no pets at the moment. Time does not allow me to have one. My last little friend was a hamster, who I lost a few months ago. Before that I have had three dogs and a cat. When time allows I will have more animals, maybe a collie. Although I nearly got ' collared ' into buying a beautiful persian kitten the other day............only £250!!!
    May the horse be with you.

Thanks
    I have me an African Grey parrot, Bonzy. She's grand,although a little noisy....& too damn clever for her own good!!!

All my little cockroach buddies should be dead now....had the gaff de-roached yesterday!!

I also have a border collie bitch at home in England with Mumsy.....I would NEVEr consider keeping a dog her size in a flat, and she hates heat so she's in the best place, Mum adores her & she has a big garden and a house all to herself!
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Thanks
    Are you sitting comfortably? Then I will begin....

12 1/2 yo Weimaraner - Sh Ch Gunalt Posh Enough for Gamepoint to give her full title - Connie or Ponk to her mates. She definitely reads The Telegraph....

Her 2 yo g-daughter Pipwell Persistance at Gamepoint (ex Sh Ch Gamepoint Foolin' Around at Pipwell) - Hattie to her mates - she's a Shooting Times fan..

5 month old Sivanus Bakewell Tart at Gamepoint - Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla - Molly to her mates (see www.wirevizslas.com).

Boop the cat

Blue the (already mentioned on here) suckler cow and her two calves. She, however, is not allowed in the house...

And next week, the menagerie increases by one more, a brindle/white Whippet bitch called Silkstone Eleuthera at Gamepoint.

Plus 6 broodmares, four foals, one 20 yo pony mare, two more suckler cows, three heifers and a partridge in a pear tree.............. B)
    Just Singin' the Blues ........

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Has the partridge a name?

Colin
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    One large, fat, black and white cat with attitude ... (he should be wearing shades and carrying a ghetto blaster)
    Man: Do you get wafers with it?

Salesman: Course you don't get bloody wafers with it, it's a bloody albatross isn't it ...

Thanks
    Poppy the hamster (bought as a feeble attempt to suppress girlfriend's broodiness).

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    All mine call me, B-O-B about 12 goldfish in pond out the rear garden with 20 babies but they can't talk yet, they are just learning ..................
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Thanks
    In our house we have 2 jack russells and a border collie, one of the JRs is mine shes called Rosie and is now around 8 months old. they have a great time together causing havoc. We've also got tropical fish who belong to the landlord and come with a list of instructions on how to look after them, and the threat of increased rent if any of them die! And Ive 4 other pets ("they're not pets their here to work" I can here the boss shout&#33 beautiful racehorses that will win me lots of races this year (then she wakes up&#33
    *~Ali~*

Thanks
    You have that conversation too LE ?? !!!! Which 4 have you got???

I forgot the fish - we've got 2 goldfish ( one orange and one orange and white ) and 2 gold ghost coi things and god knows how many sticklebacks - I had to give loads away to our friends cos my pond wasnt big enough for them all, but you rarely see them, so I dont know for sure how many I have left - about 5 I think ( 15 went away )
    #YourStorm
    Mr Brightside

All posts are based on the following:
    I know what I'm talking about/ I'm having a stab in the dark
    I'm bored/ You're an idiot and I'm poking you with sticks

Thanks
    Jules...my dog's called Molly too, she's cool! Seriously, I've never come across such an easy dog, everyone compliments me on how well I've trained her but like many border collies she's just highly intelligent so training is so easy it's laughable! I can take her down the pub (off her lead) and say 'Molly will you please lie down' without so much as raising my voice or even having to look at her!! She does tend to go a little deaf though when she spots a cat.......
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Thanks
    I've got a small, agile 11 year old tabby, with a lot of white about her, called Poppet. She'll retrieve certain objects, in particular small hairbands, if you throw them for her, but, like most tabbies, she doesn't care for a lot of stroking.

Ian, your wife seems very young.

Thanks
    It's his backwoods, white-trash upbringing, Ven... B)
    Just Singin' the Blues ........

Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 631 Posts
    3 Greyhounds - Boots, Khan & Mamba

4 chickens - Kenny, Corrie, Mary & Topsy (plus Topsy's 6 chicks)

Horses - obviously all are pets rather than racehorses - you only have to look at their race records to see that

1 blue mottled cat - Lairy Arsed Moggs

1 boyfriend - Brainless, sorry Brian, who has as we speak f**ked off down the pub :angy:

(And a barnful of rats - but we are having to purchase an airgun for them&#33
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito