Thread: Fao Shadow Leader...

Thanks
    would you care to explain what this means

"Fight Prejudice - Fight The Ban!!"
    I can resist everything except temptation.

Thanks
    She is in the pub with Mrs Relkeel at the moment.

Don't panic though Dara. If you are waiting for one of her typically long-winded, bigoted rant sessions - I'm sure she won't disappoint!

Thanks
    Yes, Mrs Relkeel is fine thanks Relkeel!!!! :P And at least you can pass the hours while the wino is out on the **** by reading my rants!!! (yup....she claimed that she was the most sober I'd ever seen her....considering she was clutching a glass of vino, looked pissed & I worked with her for a year & a half - that's worrying!!&#33

Fight the hunting ban, Dara.......you know you wanna!!!!
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Thanks
    Hows about we set our wild dogs loose on all the gentry ? Sorry, but it is wrong in this day and age... And surely you can see that..And I hate the way they use this "weve been doing it for hundreds of years " stuff, in that case bring back slavery, same difference I am afraid.....

Ardross

and bear baiting , burning witches and the ducking stool

Thanks
    It's a fair cop.
    Banned

Thanks
    A glorious victory and not before time.

Now can we have volunteers forming an orderly queue ready to despatch the 20,000 unwanted hounds. Oh and we'll need others to poison or gas the fox population when it inevitably expands. Don't worry - they'll expire quite quickly - painfully but quite quickly.

Now lads - what's next? Fishing? Who'd want a nasty sharp hook lodged in their throat. Ban it! Confiscate all rods. What d'you mean Angling is the biggest participation sport in Britain? Several million? Working-class in the main? Oh **** - put that on the back-burner, Banksie.

Thanks
    When is the last time you enjoyed a Deep Fried Fox ?

Thanks
    Don't really like the idea of hunting myself (traditional British support for the underdog or should it be underfox) but some aspects of the arguments against bother me.
    This supposedly liberal tolerant society prides itself on sticking up for minorities eg religion,sexual orientation,culture ,etc. But it is extremely selective in what it decides to ban and what it seeks people to tolerate.

Examples;
    You can treat animals inhumanely if that is your religious requirement.Various
    ritual slaughter practices.
    You can be exempt from law if your religion dictates-crash hemet laws.
    ( both the above could be descibed as old fahioned (traditional) nonense).

You must not discriminate against people whose sexual orientation is abhorrent to you-and unfortunately there are many people who feel that way.
    It is not illegal to terminate the life of an unborn human but you should not enjoy killing cuddly foxes .
    You can enjoy maiming and/or killing fish.
    You must not have animals in a circus but you can put budgies in a tiny cage.
    It is acceptable to cut off dog's tails to make them look nicer.

I would describe myself as reasonably tolerant and would not consider banning eveything I find offensive were I in power.

One of the things I find really offensive is the 'If you don't agree wth me then you are ignorant' attitude that seems to flourish at the present time.To my mind you are against all forms of hunting ,fishing ,coursing,and even horse-racing with whips,or you ain't.How can one pick and choose which of the sports that harm animals you find acceptable?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Tout Seul@Sep 16 2004, 01:14 AM
    One of the things I find really offensive is the 'If you don't agree wth me then you are ignorant' attitude that seems to flourish at the present time.To my mind you are against all forms of hunting ,fishing ,coursing,and even horse-racing with whips,or you ain't.How can one pick and choose which of the sports that harm animals you find acceptable?
    God forbid that anyone should agree with me about anything!! However, it has to be said that a lot of people who are anti foxhunting cannot put up a convincing argument as they simply know nothing about the sport. I'm sorry...but when I get vehement and opinionated about something (which I often do ) I don't tend to sound off unless I know what I am talking about as otherwise you make yourself out to look damn stupid. I admire your views on the subject, I have come across a handful of people now who say that they don't particularly agree with hunting but they don't know enough about it to oppose it totally, or they disagree with the way the govt are going about it.
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Thanks
    "When is the last time you enjoyed a Deep Fried Fox ? "

Never unfortunately - the fur makes me gag.

But Rover loves it.