Thread: Four Candles?

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    I borrowed a DVD off my neighbour yesterday evening, it was the FREE comedy one that came with the SUN a few weeks? ago, I just love the two Ronnies sketch it never fails to bring a smile to my face (understatement) and I enjoyed seeing old clips of Hancock, Hello Hello, etc etc too.................................
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    I forgot to add that the two classics of DEL BOY'S are on this DVD too!! the bar scene where he falls through the open hatch with trigger, and the chandelier one with Rodney and grandad undoing the nut.... so all in all for a freebies it past away an hour when this site was down last night...................
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Thanks
    Agree with fork handles - probably my favourite sketch ever - but OFAH has been done to death IMO. best clip from that by MILES is the batman and robin bit where they run through the fog and save that councillor from muggers....
    #YourStorm
    Mr Brightside

All posts are based on the following:
    I know what I'm talking about/ I'm having a stab in the dark
    I'm bored/ You're an idiot and I'm poking you with sticks

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    My favourite clip from BBC comedy is from Fawlty Towers when Basil puts his hand round the doorway to flick on the light switch without realising he's flicking the nipple of an Australian lady guest who's doung stretching exercises against the wall.Then he realises Sybil's watching.
    "The owls are not what they seem"

Banned
    Thanks
    Fawlty Towers is still the best British comedy ever. Mrs. Richards may be my favourite.

"That is Torquay, Madam. What did you expect to see? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of Wilderbeests sweeping majestically across the plain?"

"I expect to be able to see the sea."

"You can see the sea, it's over there betwen the land and the sky."

Genius.

Thanks
    One of my all-time favourites, too - the one with the rat just creased me up, especially when it popped up in the cheese biscuit tin ...
    Man: Do you get wafers with it?

Salesman: Course you don't get bloody wafers with it, it's a bloody albatross isn't it ...

Ardross
    Does anyone remember that silent Two Ronnies film The Picnic when they all just made noises rather than spoke- they used to show it at Christmas I remember it being very funny

Thanks
    I'm afraid I always struggled to muster a laugh at Fawlty Towers. A bit too manic / OTT for me. (I worked in a hotel as a student so it always seemed too far removed from the truth - unlike The Office which was so true to life it was disturbing&#33

The 'Four Candles' sketch is a favourite.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    The Chinese meal (duck I think ) was good also.............

Thanks
    The four candles sketch is brilliant but the Morecambe and Wise one with Andrew Preview is the tops - must have seen it dozens of times but it still makes me laugh

Thanks
    Originally posted by Muttley@Sep 14 2004, 08:49 PM
    One of my all-time favourites, too - the one with the rat just creased me up, especially when it popped up in the cheese biscuit tin ...
    That'll be Basil the Rat.....I agree with you, it was one of the best episodes....."ee no rat, Mr Fawlty, ee siberian 'amster....." Class The other one I rate as highly is the infamous "don't mention the war" epsiode.....it still has me crying with laughter although I know exactly what is coming next!!
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Derek.Burgess
    YES MINISTER.

UNCLE ALFRED (German Version of till death do us part)