Thread: The Day That Kilroy Went Mad...

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Take a look at this, but be quick before it's taken off the net - which it will be

http://www.ukindependence.org/

Thanks
    Scurrilous!

Ardross

Thanks
    How do we vote??

Kathy
    Brilliant Seeing a body double of Kilroy wrestling with a baby, weeing over a TV screen and then sleeping in a frozen food cabinet in a supermarket is bound to increase their votes!

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    From The Guardian:

Kilroy unamused by spoof site

Ros Taylor
    Tuesday October 19, 2004

Ukip MEP Robert Kilroy-Silk has threatened the owner of a website with legal action unless he removes a ripped piece of DVD footage by the TV satirist Chris Morris called "The Day Kilroy Went Mad".

In the clip, which appears on Chris Morris' Jam DVD, a white-haired actor resembling the former daytime TV host is pictured running amok in a supermarket, climbing into a freezer cabinet naked, and finally being led off by policemen.

The owner of the spoof web domain, Robbie Lesiuk, explained what had inspired him to rip and post the footage. "On a whim, I added a UK Independence party logo to the start and end of the video and a jaunty soundtrack. Then I found that [the domain name] was still available and I knew what I had to do."

Unfortunately, Tony Bennett, Mr Kilroy-Silk's research assistant, didn't appreciate the joke.

"I represent Mr Kilroy-Silk and the UK Independence party," Mr Bennett wrote. "You are advised that your site will be reported to the police and we are currently taking the advice of a libel barrister as to its contents. I am a solicitor as well as a research assistant. You may wish to consider removing the site forthwith.

"Also, we are willing to buy the domain name from you for the same price it cost you. You will need to indicate to whom any cheque should be paid and the amount required. If you decide to do that, we shall regard the matter as closed. It is therefore down to you."

Mr Lesuik said he had no intention of selling the domain name. "Whether or not I keep the website as is, I haven't decided yet, but I certainly won't be giving up the domain name. If need be I will just have to think up something else that Mr Bennett can't - legally - object to."

Mr Bennett told Guardian Unlimited today that he intends to lodge a complaint with the internet service provider hosting Mr Lesuik's site if the "really quite vile piece of material" is not removed. "I don't know who would find it funny at all," he added.

Chris Morris has not yet complained, although the footage was posted without his permission.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't know who would find it funny at all"
    We know, Mr Bennett

Ardross
    Very bad form pointing out that "i am a solicitor" - sounds like it seeks to intimidate .

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Solicitor Tony Bennett - did he learn his art in San Francisco?

Banned
    Thanks
    Loved it, cheers

Thanks
    Watched in work this afternoon and couldn't fathom out what was going on. Having just seen the piece on th Ukip's, I remembered to watch it again with sound...
    You should not confuse your career with your life.