Thread: Royston French..............

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    I don't now see him riding for M Johnstone has he split from him????
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Thanks
    Royston has had 3 winners for the stable in the last 2 weeks.
    Mark uses the best available and from time to time if the likes of Darley and Fanning are unavailable then he seems more than happy to use Royston.
    I'm presuming Royston is freelance and to me is riding with more confidence this season than he has for a long time.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Thanks Akers but the reason I posted it looking through tomorrows runners M/J has SEB SANDERS up on one @AYR while R/F is riding for HOWARD JOHNSTONE and other jockeys have been used in preference to him as well .................
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Thanks
    Royston has just been appointed first jockey to Graham Wylies flat string,therefore explaining why he has been riding his horses recently rather than Robert Winston.

Thanks
    Fantastic - recognition for Roysters at last! He seems a nice chap whose natural habitat is the North, although he's always ridden well when south of Potters Bar. He's come on in leaps and bounds the past year.
    Power is good. Control is better. (Lenin)

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Arkwright@Aug 9 2005, 09:50 AM
    Royston has just been appointed first jockey to Graham Wylies flat string,therefore explaining why he has been riding his horses recently rather than Robert Winston.
    answers my question... in its entirety... thanks ARKERS

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Lets just hope he don't drop a bollock like he did at Lingfield??( was it?) when he stopped riding and got caught on the line too............

Thanks
    That would be Donny on Happy Diamoind,done by Kim Tinkler on Mcgyillcuddy Reeks.

Thanks
    and at Brighton where he gave long odds on fav Splendid Isolation miles too much to do for Luca Cumani.
    I went swimming in the Caribbean. Animals were hiding behind rocks

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    5 yrs ago wow!! dont time fly???

A controversial and dramatic end to a modestly-run handicap with Happy Diamond being eased considerably inside the final furlong, when having the race at his mercy, and being caught in the last fifty yards by McGILLICUDDY REEKS. All credit to the winner, a game and consistent mare, for getting back in the winning groove, but this was a victory gained by default.
    Happy Diamond, trying this trip for the first time, was kicked clear from the 3f pole, and is, quite simply, a winner without a penalty.
    Had he merely been kept up to his work, he would probably have won by about five lengths. His jockey Royston Ffrench picked up a 14-day ban for this ghastly misjudgement.

Thanks
    He took too much flak for his misjudgements compared with certain other jockeys and I'm really glad for him that he's secured a decent job.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Dilysb, hi... I agree but its like most judgements its the stewards wanting to show other transgressers that they are not going to tolerate this sort of action, hence the 14 days etc............

p.s. as a visable detterent to others............

I was going to be whimsical and say the stewards were obviously on the horse with their monies too???

Thanks
    Amazing effort today from Ffrench at Doncaster.

Thanks
    It was like watching Tonto in the Lone Ranger. Well done Royston, certainly trying.

Thanks
    Getting back on the horse was an acheivement winning the race was unbelieveable-I wonder how big he went in running.

Thanks
    He was great in the post-race interview afterwards too! _ they showed it all on the Morning Line today so I expect it will be on Ch4 later for anyone who missed it. Great rodeo stuff from Royston - I hope it gets him a few more rides, he's one of those grafting talented guys who deserves success.

PS full marks to Sadeek too, who stayed in an almost straight line and kept running on for him, then stood nicely for him when he dismounted and was doubled up in pain ... A horse's withers in the chest at speed cant have been much fun!! OUCH

Thanks
    You can vote for Royston's ride on atr's 'Ride of the Week'

http://www.attheraces.com/article.aspx?hlid=486839

Thanks
    Originally posted by Headstrong@Jun 30 2008, 04:49 PM
    You can vote for Royston's ride on atr's 'Ride of the Week'

http://www.attheraces.com/article.aspx?hlid=486839
    :laughing: Could be a close call.

Thanks
    In fact he won at a canter with 86% of the vote - which was bigger than usual LOL