Thread: Dana's

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    I wonder did the late ALAN know her from her place of birth?
    i.e.
    I sang through DANA'S TIGHTS!!!!

Biography for
    Dana (I)

Birth name
    Rosemary Brown
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mini biography
    Dana was born in London, UK on the 30th of August in 1951 into an Irish family and named Rosemary Brown. As an 18 year old schoolgirl, she won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1970 with the charming song "All Kinds of Everything" which went on to become a huge hit all over Europe. Other hits followed including "Who Put The Lights Out". Around this time she was cast as the oldest daughter in the film Flight of the Doves (1971). Other notable singles followed including "Crossword Puzzle" written by Lynsey De Paul and Barry Blue before switching record label. After notching up yet more hits like "Please Tell Him I Said Hello", "Fairytale" and the amusing "Something's Cookin' in the Kitchen", the hits eventually dried up though Dana continued to record and perform. After marrying and starting a family she turned to Christian music, writing the excellent "Totus Tuus.. Totally Yours". Dana Rosemary Scallon is now a Member of the European Parliament (MEP) for the constituency of Connacht, Ulster, Ireland. She was the first ever women elected as an MEP in the constituency.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMDb mini-biography by

Spouse
    Damian Scallon (? - present) 4 children

Trivia
    Sang the winning song for Ireland in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1970. In later years she had an operation on her vocal cords which affected her voice. She lives in Alabama. In recent times she has become involved in politics.

Ran for the presidency pf the "Republic of Ireland", but as a native of Northern Ireland was unable to vote for herself. She lost but did much better than expected, and is continuing to pursue a political career. She is a staunchly Catholic traditionalist who opposes birth control, divorce, abortion, etc. understandably, if unfortunately. She clearly falls into the nationalist camp, but has never expressed support for paramilitary or political violence. She was raised in Londonderry, Northern Ireland.

Currently holds the independent Irish seat on the European Union.

[B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Thanks
    Originally posted by Merlin the Magician@Oct 13 2004, 05:22 PM
    she won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1970
    Helpmagoad, I was 18 at the time of that vile act involving the ankle sock . Must've been a late developer.
    A curmudgeon barely alive

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    And I'm sure that she can look after her Connacht-Ulster constituents in the European parliament very well from her home in Alabama...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    She lost her seat in June, so is no longer an MEP. God told her to run for the presidency against an incumbent who enjoys a 90%+ approval rating. She was told to f*ck off by anybody who could nominate her. She then went on the longest whinging spree even a country known for whinging has ever seen.

She is off my socking list, that's for sure.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Her sister's kids go to the same school as two of mine.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That's niece.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    No, isn't that were Archie is looking for an hotel ?? I think these threads are fusing into one.
    You should not confuse your career with your life.

Thanks
    No they Aunt.

Ardross
    Please tell me her autobio is called " All Kinds of Everything " or " There's a Morgan in My Tights"

solerina
    She also went on an anti abortion ticket which would have even embarrassed the catholic church in it's right wing severity before having the arrogance to try and run for President (unbacked) offering to put her house up as collateral . Failed needless to say .God bless Mary McAleese :P

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    She'd have a fair chance of becoming Governor of Alabama...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    .....is she a member of the Bush family?

Colin
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    No, but she shares their fundamentalist beliefs, which go down well in Montgomery

solerina
    I agree, she'd do better if she campaigned for the Republicans in Alabalma . Not exactly a tough seat if you like beef jerky