Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ufo's.......your Thoughts.......

Thanks
    Took this pic a couple of nights ago....hmmm.
    Have any of you seen any UFO's or have you ever been abducted by an alien? I know a couple of you have, lol.

May the horse be with you.

Thanks
    Abducted by aliens? I thought they were aliens!!

(And what did I tell you about playing frisbee with that muffin dish lid??)
    Man: Do you get wafers with it?

Salesman: Course you don't get bloody wafers with it, it's a bloody albatross isn't it ...

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    I have..............seen one.... sober as well!! ex number of years ago in Cardiff centre.. actually the Echo photographer took a photo of it while I was there it appeared in the local rag next day front page headlines it was cylindrical not saucer shaped.................

But I have never!!! Had the pleasure to be abducted by anyone..... as yet????? Still waiting to be abducted by a few ladies though!! sounds good to me……………. I would not put up a fight either?
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Thanks
    How do you post pictures on here?

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    have you got your own home page/SITE Mo?????????? SEND IT TO ME VIA EMAIL I'LL PUT IT ON FOR YOU.......
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Thanks
    Maurice I use photo bucket, you can upload your photos there and rezize them, which doesn't seem to work for me. Then you can copy and post them onto here.

I saw something strange many years ago. It was during the winter and I was walking home from college. It was about 6.0pm and i saw something strange in the sky. It appeared from nowhere. It was cylindrical in shape and disappeared in no time.
    The next day Radio 2 was holding a chat phone in about UFO's and numerous people phoned in to talk about the same object that I had seen the previous night. So many people, from all over the U.K had seen the same thing.

Thanks
    No, it's just pictures I have in my 'My pictures' folder in my PC.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    http://photobucket.com/

MO read instructions log in register etc etc

Thanks
    OK, I'm registered.

I'm going back into the site to see if I can load up some pics.

Thanks
    I'm one step forward...

I can get to the stage where this board provides a link to the picture I want to put up, but I'm not managing to put the picture straight on to a post.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    One of the most famous unsolved cases in Britain was this one

Bob Taylor's encounter with the mysterious spheres in Dechmont wood near Livingston in Scotland, is probably one of the most written about cases of a close encounter in Britain. The case stands as one of the most intriging in British Ufology.

On the 9th of November 1979, at around 10.30 am, Robert Taylor, a forestry worker employed by the Livingstone Development Corporation parked his pick up off a track at the bottom of Dechmont Law, just off the busy M8 motorway. He walked up the lower slope of the forested hill with his dog, and as he emerged into a clearing an amazing sight greeted him.

Before him in the clearing was a large, circular, sphere like object about twenty feet across. It appeared to be made from a dark metallic material with a rough texture like sandpaper, parts of which were transparent. A narrow flange ran around the outside of the object.

As he approached, two spheres with protruding metal spikes in the manner of old navel mines dropped from the object. They were about three feet wide and made of the same dark metallic substance as the larger object.

The two spheres rolled towards him and flanked him, each rolling at the same time to his left and right foot. With his dog now barking furiously, the spikes attached to the Bob's trousers and pulled him towards the larger sphere. Bob heard a distinct hissing sound and smelled an acrid smell that caused him to choke.
    The next thing he knew he was coming round lying face down on the grass with his dog nearby. The strange objects had disappeared from the clearing, his legs were aching, his trousers were torn and he found he could not speak.

He crawled the rest of the way to his pick up and could not get it started, so had to walk the mile to his home in Livingston. His wife was at home when he arrived in his dishevelled state and she quickly phoned the doctor and eventually the Police. The Police treated the matter seriously and returned to the site with Bob. They found ladder shaped marks in the soil where the craft was said to have stood, and marks following the path of the mine like objects.

Although there may be several possible explanations, what has been agreed is that Bob Taylor was a man of character, not given to fanciful stories. He never changed his account, never actively sought publicity, and never gained from any of the publicity generated at the time of the event.

The main explanation given by Steuart Campbell, is that Bob witnessed a mirage of Venus, which brought on an epileptic fit and caused him to hallucinate the whole encounter. Although possible, Bob had never experienced epilepsy before or after the event, although some of his symptoms after the encounter are similar to those experienced by those with epilepsy.

The police case still remains open, and the ripped trousers are now in the possession of BUFORA

Other sightings listed here

UFO Sightings
    "The owls are not what they seem"

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    4th February 1977, Broad Haven, Dyfed
    Broad Haven was the scene of a UFO flap during the late 1970's. There were several reported sightings; the most widely publicised was the strange visitation to a field near to Broad Haven Primary School in February 1977.

14 primary children witnessed a silvery yellow cigar shaped UFO, and a few also witnessed a humanoid figure in a silver suit. Following this report there were adult witnesses to a dome shaped UFO in the same vicinity. There were several more sightings over the following months, which levelled off considerably after 1977.

Thanks
    14 primary children witnessed a silvery yellow cigar shaped UFO, and a few also witnessed a humanoid figure in a silver suit.

Merlin, that ties in with a visit Jimmy Saville made to the area when filming for his Jim'll Fix It show.

Kathy
    Maurice

You are having exactly the same problem as I had to start with. I will go back to the site and see which box you have to tick, as it is easier ( I think) to post the photo on here rather than linking it back to your folder, if you get my drift.

Kathy

Kathy
    Right, Maurice, I just had to practice sending one again to remember how to send it. Select the photo you want to post, reduce it if you want to, I normally reduce to 25% or 50% and then at the bottom of the page with your selected picture "ticked" go to the box at the bottom on the right hand side where you send it to a website. This will take you to a page where you have to select how you send it, and you need (I think) the box that says...

IMG images for message boards

Highlight and copy that, and then post that onto the thread on the forum. Feel free to mess about posting them as it took me about 10 attempts to get it right.

I am sure someone else can give you better instructions if these don't make any sense.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Diminuendo@Jul 24 2005, 04:06 PM
    14 primary children witnessed a silvery yellow cigar shaped UFO, and a few also witnessed a humanoid figure in a silver suit.

Merlin, that ties in with a visit Jimmy Saville made to the area when filming for his Jim'll Fix It show.
    :P DIM thats in all the Annals of U.F.O sightings ....... I after seeing what I actually seen... I went to the then local library and hired a book on UFO's or several books... actually one of the first reported sightings of worth... was seen by a police sargent who came from the Whitchurch constabulary (area), in Cardiff can't remember the date but he... while walking his dog seen an object, landed on Caerphilly mountain on trying to approach it it took off, leaving a scorched area he informed others of this and it was logged as the first actual sighting of a landed UFO.................

Please don't reply and say he did not approach it CAREFULLY (CAERPHILLY) enough will you! .......

get my coat......i'm off they get better tho....honest!

Thanks
    This is one story I remember regarding UFO's....I can't load the photos on here as they are copyrighted.

UFO Sightings at Airshow.

Very strange.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    DIM your in contravention of the copyright act/law fine 1K :P I am the collector of such fines.......

but yes there are a lot of actual photo's etc on the said subject... and its interesting I keep an open mind on the sightings but a lot are camera reflections through light etc can cause image distortion... but I remain sceptical to it.....

But there again... why should we be the only living people in the universe??????????????

Thanks
    Indeed - a very depressing thought that this is the best evolution can achieve. On the bright side, it'll be all over in less than 5 billion years, and, on the very bright side, the MONTJEU vs SINNDAR debate, hopefully, over in a little less than that.
    Power is good. Control is better. (Lenin)