Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spider Frenzy - Please Help!

Thanks
    I have the worlds largest spider in my bedroom. Without exagerating any more thn that, it is about 6 inches (about the size of the round part of a rosette) toe to toe if it is flat. That is the problem - it's not flat - its very much alive, and having been pulled out from under my chest of drawers on Sunday (and disappearing when I went to get someone to rescue me from the dead (as I thought it was at the time) spider ) then being dropped when we saw it halfway up the wall and tried to catch it in a jug, she ( and boy I hope its a she - there cant possibly be a larger mrs spider knocking around in my room!! ) is still at large ( literally! )

So - the question is, HOW do I entice her out and catch her?? I am not wanting to kill her, but I really have a problem with sharing my bedroom with her now I know shes there...... I did consider putting Ethel ( a venus Flytrap) down and hoping she can diversify into spiders, but as Ethel has a big flower out at the moment ( didnt even know they could flower!! ) I think she may be stressed enough! I really dont think it will hoover up, and I dont like doing that anyway - it always seems really mean, and I cant even set the cat on it, cos the spider eating cat a) wouldnt have taken on something this size, and B) is the one that died last year!!

Someone out there must have some ideas........

Please???
    #YourStorm
    Mr Brightside

All posts are based on the following:
    I know what I'm talking about/ I'm having a stab in the dark
    I'm bored/ You're an idiot and I'm poking you with sticks

Thanks
    h34r: I hate them.

Sleep with your mouth open , and in the morning it will be gone!!!!
    May the horse be with you.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    charge her!!! bed and breakfast ? she'll soon get out if she knows she has to pay.........
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Hoover
    "The owls are not what they seem"

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    The thing is that when AUTUMN comes around(IT STARTS TO GET COLD) they make for indoors this is why obviously at this time of the year there's a mass invasion into peoples homes.............
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Thanks
    You would think Merlin, that they would knock on the door first like everyone else

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    JUST LOVE TO SEE YOUR FACE IF ONE DID THAT ................

Thanks

solerina
    We recently had an uninvited guest in our house . It seems a doormouse had decided it was a comfy option to partake of B+B . We did'n't want to set traps because it was only one mouse so I started to do a bit of research and found this great invention which emmits a signal which gets rid of all sorts of creepy crawlies .You plug it into an electrical socket and it works right through the house in each room thats wired for electrics . You get this in your local DIY store and it costs about £25 but it's worth it .

Thanks
    Solerina, you mean what DG said............. a hoover!

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    talking of mice a few yrs ago now my mother was alive I used to frequent the pub every night (after my divorce) to leave her have some peace it was her abode after all... I left about 8-30 got home at 11-30 just has I had gone through door my poor mother had seen a mouse in the room and jumped on the table and stayed there for the duration I was out ....3 hours stuck on top of the dining room table.........
    What fear a little thing creates ..................... but we all have phobias?? I suppose.........

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    trudij, you must have exceptional eyesight if you can tell that the spider is a female...

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    OR IT REALLY IS A MONSTER!!!!

Thanks
    Troods, it's probably just a regular house spider - they're completely harmless, and I think there are two knocking about my tiny flat even now (and a dancing daddy-longlegs tonight, too). When you see him/her again, plonk a large glass over him, then carefully slide a post card or slightly stiffish piece of paper under it. The spider will then be tidily imprisoned. Upturn the glass with the card still on top, and remove the offending arachnid to the garden, or even just the windowsill. He'll toddle off to nestle into some other brickwork. But you may find a compadre of his from time to time, as they're not called house spiders for nowt!

As for finding the spider yourself, you can peer under every piece of furniture, but they're adept at squeezing themselves behind fridges, washing machines, and into the tiniest of spaces, so don't expect it to be sitting under your sofa, leafing through a copy of Better Webs & Gardens. It'll come tootling out some night, so just have a spare glass and a card to hand until it does.

Happy hunting!
    Power is good. Control is better. (Lenin)

Thanks
    Trudi...you cannot beat spraying the little fecker with as much insect killer as you can lay your hands on!!! We get some great stuff out here.....even kills cockroaches!! God, I hate them with a passion....they make my skin crawl.....but, being a hot country they do happen to appear every now & then....they fly through the windows...uurrggghhhh....
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Thanks
    Leave the bloody wild life alone! Cockroaches, yes, spread disease, etc. But dear old Spikky-Spider? Shadow, stop it! The poor dear thing doesn't know that those enormous things the size of triple dinosaurs (humans) are frightened of a teeny, weeny little midget like itself. Have pity, woman. Just imagine yourself being reincarnated, when, to teach you a lesson, you're sent back to Earth as a wasp. There - see what I mean? OWWWWWW!
    Power is good. Control is better. (Lenin)

Thanks
    Not after I've stung every ******* in sight.......
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Banned
    Thanks
    About 6 months ago, one crawled out from under my TV cabinet like he owned the place. After seing the size of him, I didn't argue....

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Is he the one that nicked the telly from your other flat?

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    I had a hotel room in PALMA-NOVA once was a single letting!(full board) or it was supposed to be!!! I shared it with about 3 dozen different sources of wild life i.e. spiders cockroaches etc etc I was expecting Richard Attenborough to show up to film them but he never came .........he he

I remember my ex mother in law (the original dragon?) said she actually got bit by a spider here in the princepality!! but it never bit her hard enough................... and no venom either I bet the spider keeled over and dropped dead just after ........he he