Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Re The New Place Thread (oh Racing)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    OH racing has been down now for two days which is presumably why those of you who had a signature made now have a blank space with a red cross in it.

What's happened, anyone know ?
    "The owls are not what they seem"

Thanks
    Don't know DG, but they had problems with the site having been trashed once before. Presumably something similar as Jamie hasn't been on to let us know.
    You should not confuse your career with your life.

Thanks
    My money is on the International Internet Super Criminal known as Swirly Chaser having done it, just before popping off to invade Poland.

Thanks
    From what I can gather it's server problems, Jamie's trying to get it sorted.
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    and you all thought we were bad

Thanks
    So I get an e-mail telling me this board is back on line

I click on the link and get an IE warning message asking me if I want to download a file called index.php, advising some files are "dangerous to your computer"

So I answer no and can't connect to that site

This is all a bit iffy isn't it ?

Thanks
    DG

The site is up & running again !

At least i didn't receive an email

Thanks
    Yes but have you unknowingly downloaded this file ?

Banned
    Thanks
    I am stopping visiting there. They have some strange posters there, talk about raping people and the like

Thanks
    I've only just checked the site since your post so i haven't downloaded anything.
    I notice the path on this site is http://talkinghorses.co.uk/forum/index.php

Who knows what they're up to over there

Thanks
    The site is down again :wacko:

Kathy
    I just don't get it.....a new person arrives on this site, and loads of you go over and join up to a relatively new site, that now is evidently full of weird posters and the site crashes all the time, and there is possibly a danger you may be downloading viruses! h34r: My mate Escorial once asked me what he would need to do to encourage people from this site, over to his, not as a replacement for here of course, but just to play in some of his free competitions, or even show an interest in his Fantasy Racing game.

I do not want a row about it, but can anyone explain, why so many of you leapt so quickly to join the Oh Racing site, and yet Escorial, who has been on the forum's for years and is a thoroughly nice chap and is working his socks off to try and get people interested in racing & raise money for racehorse related charities through his site can only get a limited response. Is there something he should be doing to make his site a little more attractive to some of you - apart from closing it down? :P

Not looking for a fallout with anyone, just intrigued that's all. :unsure:

Anyone got any answers for me? B)

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Kathy I really think its the monies issue? they all want free access and free everything with out contributing to charities etc etc that’s the reason I think? no outlay at all was it not recently the case???
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Thanks
    Originally posted by Kathy@Oct 9 2004, 09:58 PM
    Anyone got any answers for me? B)
    The site design !......otherwise

Thanks
    For goodness sake.

I have never once even looked at this new 'Jamie' site as it had all of the hallmarks of the anti-christ. That may or may not have been unfair but in my mind it was very very suspect and I wasn't interested.

As for Escorial's site, I've hardly looked in there either, for the simple reason that this place meets my racing forum needs. If I want to give money to charity then that's my business and I'll make whatever donations I want to, when I want to.

That doesn't mean that Escorial's site isn't worthwhile or that his causes aren't good ones.

Kathy
    Thanks LFTR! B)

Merlin, there are no charges for weekly Joker competition, and although there is a £10 fee for The Fantasy Racing Competition, £2 of this goes to a charity and the rest helps fund the prizes. I know Escorial has invested about £20k (plus) of his own money into his site, and he doesn't care if he never sees this money again, it was his dream to design and fund this game and although it has had it's initial problems, he has fine tuned it (with much help from Melendez) into something quite awesome.

If anyone else who has any comments (useful or otherwise) stick them on here, even if you never register on his site, at least Escorial can change a few things that people don't like if it would help boost the numbers for the competitions etc!

Thanks Terry. Your comments are, as always, extremely useful!

Thanks
    Kathy, it is not so easy for you as it is with a man but you are pi**ing into the wind.

Kathy
    I'm use to it B)

Thanks
    I find keeping up with this forum takes up enough of my time as it is - and as someone who only ever bets when actually going racing - and is crap at it there too - punting oriented sites don't hold a lot of attraction for me, so fantasy racing games aren't for me.

That's not a criticism of Escorial's site or anyone else's, come to that - just my views!
    Just Singin' the Blues ........

Thanks
    I've never been to the Escorial site - nor do I intend to for more than a quick shufti - I get all I want from here, and I am the kind of person who forgets what they've put where...... I went for a look on Jamies site, and have posted about twice I think - I'm not likely to visit them often though.

I came here via someone who used to mail me through the old channel 4 site, I give to charities as and when I want to - I dont really bet - usually only on our horses ( explains why I'm poor then!! ) so a mainly betting site ( which theirs is isnt it??) doesnt appeal - and I'm normally ( cheltenham and aintree comps on here an exception!! ) a really bad tipster, so I dont enter any ten to follow type competitions. whats the address for escorial? I dont know that I've ever seen it put on here - I fell into the oh racing one through PDJ ( who's sensiblness i trust when it comes to websites to view.... ) 's link, and that is the only way I get to most places.....
    #YourStorm
    Mr Brightside

All posts are based on the following:
    I know what I'm talking about/ I'm having a stab in the dark
    I'm bored/ You're an idiot and I'm poking you with sticks