Thread: 8.40 Doncaster

Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 979 Posts
    Blog Entries

8.40 Doncaster

What a joke.alligator alley and spring bloom absolute joke.yes,I did back AA.
    Both at the back and AA managed to get hampered by the other and both finished on the bridle.
    Last edited by Outsider; 4th August 2022 at 7:52 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just watched it, mate and they both got wretched runs, didn't they.

Still, it did occur that the Portland might be a possibility for AA. He doesn't quite get home over 6f, does he? The 51/2 of the Portland might be ideal. His mark might drop a pound or two after that run.
    Last edited by yorick; 4th August 2022 at 9:13 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    On his old form he was a really well handicapped horse this season but he's been a real money spinner for the bookies attracting support a few times but not delivering.

I couldn't be wanting to back him in a Portland personally if I was David O Meara I'd send him back to Joseph O Brien to try and win a race at Dundalk with!

I just don't think he is the same horse he was and certainly hasn't trained on that well since his two year old days.

He was off the whole of 2021 it wouldn't surprise me if he picked up an injury or two along the way. A shame for connections.

As I say on paper he looked so full of potential if not well handicapped aswell but just hasn't turned out that way.

If you ever see him at 20/1 or bigger in a class three that might be the time to have a go.
    Last edited by Marb; 4th August 2022 at 9:37 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Last year's Portland had a bottom rating of 88, at any rate and I think he'd need to frame or win between now and then (Sept 12th approx) to get in.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 979 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I dont agree Marb.the ability Iooks as if it's still there and it's trained by the master of hcap planning.

And Stone of destiny got dropped 2lb after its unlucky run at goodwood. So he could struggle to get in the Portland as well.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just one of those days mate when the gaps never came..I thought spring bloom being ahead of AA was really unlucky as he was really motoring when the gap closed.

One for the note book

Tell you what though had Jamie Spencer been riding AA he'd have switched to the middle of the pack and given himself two options for a gap

Jason Watson is a good jockey but as he wanted to be out the back door and could have easily gone to centre back he's messed up big time
    Last edited by Tanlic; 9th August 2022 at 6:54 PM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanlic For This Useful Post:

Outsider (9th August 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    “ An enquiry was held to consider 2 incidents of interference involving SPRING BLOOM, unplaced, ridden by Kieran Shoemark, ALLIGATOR ALLEY, unplaced, ridden by Jason Watson, LIHOU, unplaced, ridden by Clifford Lee and NIGHT ON EARTH (IRE), unplaced, ridden by Paul Hanagan. In the first instance approximately 1 ½ furlongs out involving SPRING BLOOM and ALLIGATOR ALLEY, the interference was considered to be accidental as SPRING BLOOM was running freely and Shoemark had no option other than to switch right off the heels of LIHOU resulting in ALLIGATOR ALLEY being carried right and off its intended line. In the second incident, inside the final ½ furlong, the Stewards considered this to also be accidental in that NIGHT ON EARTH (IRE) was hanging persistently right-handed, despite the rider’s efforts to correct it from doing so, resulting in ALLIGATOR ALLEY and SPRING BLOOM being denied clear runs. Clifford Lee, the rider of LIHOU, was also interviewed but found not to be involved.”

9. The Following User Says Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    .......and NIGHT ON EARTH wins at Nottingham this afternoon.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Colin For This Useful Post: