Thread: Possibly the last Sir Harry Lewis runner...........

Thanks

Possibly the last Sir Harry Lewis runner...........

Watch the grey fight. Who needs a Derby!! :-) .........

https://www.racingpost.com/results/2...2-04-11/807257

Sentiment would love 14YO Purple Harry to have one last hurrah in the 4.50 at Cartmel today. It looked like he'd done it in that Hexham race. Logically, he can't do it against some of these today. I kinda hope he can just jump round, ideally from the front, till the legs tire.

Mr Pepperpot and Solid Strike are, I believe, the only others still going. And neither of those may be seen again over regulation fences.

Purple never made it to the heights of Unow, Restless, the Topper, Loose Chips, Harry the Viking, and others...but they all count. I'll probably need the tissues.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (1st June 2022), downsman (1st June 2022), edgt (1st June 2022), jinnyj (1st June 2022)

Thanks
    Sir Harry Lewis's are generally a bit bonkers, but he had some useful progeny over the years. He never cut it as a flat sire, but Unowhatimeanharry, Diamond Harry, and Mighty Man amongst others were all very useful.

I'm actually quite surprised any of his are still going, so it's great to see Purple Harry running today.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Maruco For This Useful Post:

chaumi (1st June 2022)

Thanks
    We were at Kelso when Purple Harry ridden by Adam Nicol won pillar to post at a great price. Someone was asking on Facebook for photos of him so he has a bit of a following, being a front running grey. He’s certainly got the ability to win if he’s in the right frame of mind.

Thanks
    Oh Harry you little monkey! Good job you’re beautiful and you’ve got a trainer who loves you. I don’t know how Adam managed to get that run out of you at Kelso.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moehat View Post
    Oh Harry you little monkey! Good job you’re beautiful and you’ve got a trainer who loves you. I don’t know how Adam managed to get that run out of you at Kelso.
    LOL. It was a case of 'spot the 2 year old' down at the start. Clue - the only white one! Prancing around like he owned the course. The commentators were saying how magnificent he looked.

I think he looked at Jessica Bedi when they went off and said ' sod this for a game, they won't let me lead, so I'm not playing'.

Shame...because a 50-1 shot 'won' it. Who knows, maybe there will be another day in the sun (with less runners and an easy lead!)

Thanks
    It was a painful half hour or so. Won by a 50/1 no hoper. Especially after an Ann Hamilton 33/1 outsider won the previous race and I usually back her runners.