Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829

Thread: Royal Ascot 2022

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Trueshan is now clear fav for the Goodwood Cup........surely that's a dodgy bet with the ground being an unknown?
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    Trueshan is now clear fav for the Goodwood Cup........surely that's a dodgy bet with the ground being an unknown?
    It's absolutely perfect.

Thanks
    I never buy into the 'would have won' arguments. Who's to say Kyprios wouldn't have pulled out more?

What I do believe is that Kyprios would benefit from a more strongly run race, and I'm not convinced Strad does or would now.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Your own eyes should tell you Kyprios was all out to win. Ryan Moore was flat to the boards from before the home turn and never let up until they crossed the winning line.

Strad won off a fast pace in 2018 on g/f and they went a good gallop at York so I doubt if he'd be inconvenienced.

They went a fair clip at leopardstown when Kyptios won over 1m6f so I doubt if a faster run race would bother him either
    Last edited by Tanlic; 26th June 2022 at 8:33 PM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    Your own eyes should tell you Kyprios was all out to win. Ryan Moore was flat to the boards from before the home turn and never let up until they crossed the winning line.

Strad won off a fast pace in 2018 on g/f and they went a good gallop at York so I doubt if he'd be inconvenienced.

They went a fair clip at leopardstown when Kyptios won over 1m6f so I doubt if a faster run race would bother him either
    At least the last line we agree on.

You've ridden enough horses to know what the good ones do when something comes to them.

You're right Strad did win off a fast pace in 2018, but you miss my point. Strad has been been beaten in 3 of his last 4 races. By better horses than he is now, and not the horse he was in 2018.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Agreed but the big question is does Srad retain enough ability to win the Goodwood Cup?

He got close enough ar Ascot to give him at least half a chance of reversing placings.

Aiden's best bet could be to allow Changingoftheguard to set a really strong pace
    which will be in the favour of dour stayers like Trushan and his own Kypros.

At the same time it could take the sting,or whats left of it, out of Strad's tail

Hand on my heart I don't know which of the 3 will come out on top.

Anyone who thinks they know for sure are fooling themselves and only guessing in what is a very complicated race to work out.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    I thought they had tests that detected 'stuff' for months after it had been taken?

If such a rumour can make it here, surely it will already have made it to the authorities' security department and a hair sample could be analysed. (Or they could send one off to France.)
    Think it would be highly unlikely the authorities could ask for a test because of rumours? Although he has proven track record so that might be enough, although after comments during a recent case of 'he always smelt of alcohol' and seemingly nothing done then, I'm not sure what the rules allow or don't allow?
    I would think it would only show in a urine test very recent to being taken, and jockeys have ways of flushing their systems anyway. Not sure what grounds would be needed for a hair follicle test?

I'm sure the 'split' won't be forever, JG bound to use him as some point in not too distant, even if not retained as it were. If I was Hollie, I'd steer well clear personally. Think she has enough going for her now to stay as she is.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    I thought tests were taken every day?
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 632 Posts
    No. I’m pretty sure they’re random tests. They don’t know when the “dope squad” will pitch up. Likewise not all horses are tested, not even all winners (although vast majority are), some are just picked randomly. Others will be picked if they were unplaced favourites.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jinnyj For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (27th June 2022)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    You are correct Jinny they don't tell when they are going to test.

If a jockey has been caught before they can do enhanced testing on him/her over and above the norm
    Last edited by Tanlic; 27th June 2022 at 5:48 PM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 632 Posts
    If the “dope squad” turn up to a point meeting and a jockey mysteriously decides not to ride despite being there, then I think they aren’t allowed to ride for a set time.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I wonder how much they charge for a soap bar?
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Wish I'd stuck with this interpretation...

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    Bay Bridge...

Attachment 2778
    Illegitimi non carborundum