Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Ascot 2022

Thanks
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 997 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnyj View Post
    Cracking finish...I was on Maljoom.....and will be on next time.
    Unlucky

Thanks
    Royal Hunt Cup-​Magical Morning

Each Way @ 16-1 [Betfair] 7 places

To continue good form of crack apprentice Benoit
    "The wise man is one who knows what he does not know"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Can't make head nor tail of today's card, tbh. I am settling for an ew super yankee to keep interested.

Lady Tilbury
    Nahanni
    Sinjaari
    Chateau
    White Moonlight.

ps.. I phucking HATE Jamie Spencer on a horse I've backed. Pied Piper FFS!
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 885 Posts
    Dramatised 11/4 - 2.30
    Karl Burke reckons she's the quickest he's trained, and she stays.
    Danny Tudhope implied yesterday she's his best chance of another winner.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Y'all will be wishing you'd grabbed 6/1 about the best horse in the world Nature Strip for the Jubilee when I told you

Bet365 and Betfair SB both looked to have taken a hammering while Laddie and Corals cut him to 6/4 apparently without laying a coin.

Jamie Kah is already in the UK and will ride on Saturday if all goes to plan.

As mentioned before no more large bets for me at the monent but I did manage to get 50 ew at 6/1 but if he runs I'll be wishing it was 500ew
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    Dramatised 11/4 - 2.30
    Karl Burke reckons she's the quickest he's trained, and she stays.
    Danny Tudhope implied yesterday she's his best chance of another winner.
    Oh! a head to head Reet I am told some massive bets have been flying around for Karle Burke's filly or man tales from the ring will no doubt verify.

However having watched Wesley Ward's Love Reigns win I'm happy to take Dramatised on
    Love Reigns went further and further clear with every stride when she beat a good field at Keeneland
    She looks a bit special

I had myself a win single at 7/2 but I do expect she could drift later on.

May the best lady win
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by an capall View Post
    ps.. I phucking HATE Jamie Spencer on a horse I've backed. Pied Piper FFS!
    Always has me thinking twice about whether to bet.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    I backed Dramatised @ 6/1 5 Places Monday as hard to see her out the frame and I’ve beaten prices on others too but it was the same yesterday and they then have to actually win
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    In the POW I've taken 10/3 Lord North without the favourite. On my figures Bay Bridge didn't do a lot on overall time at Sandown but I see Simon Rowlands appears to have been wowed by the late splits. I still couldn't bring myself to back BB at odds on but I'm also wondering how slow the first half of the Sandown race must have been and if a strongly run race will blunt that speed. I'd make LN second-favourite in the open market but there are two ahead of him in the betting behind the favourite so that has to make him the value.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 927 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thought I was going to miss Ascot this year, but thanks to a ****-up in the booking back home more or less in time. Ill prepared, though.

Bay Bridge main bet 3:40
    Ffion 6:10 - second in this last year
    Primo Bacio ew 4:20 - how could I not got her ground at last

Wonder if Love Reigns is another Wesley 2yo that looks like a 4yo
    Last edited by barjon; 15th June 2022 at 9:12 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    In the POW I've taken 10/3 Lord North without the favourite. On my figures Bay Bridge didn't do a lot on overall time at Sandown but I see Simon Rowlands appears to have been wowed by the late splits. I still couldn't bring myself to back BB at odds on but I'm also wondering how slow the first half of the Sandown race must have been and if a strongly run race will blunt that speed. I'd make LN second-favourite in the open market but there are two ahead of him in the betting behind the favourite so that has to make him the value.
    They went no pace at Sandown which inconvenienced Bay Bridge the most yet he still murdered them. I can't see him beat today.

Thanks
    My summary of the card, written on Monday, and leaving out the juvenile races:

3.05 - I’m not sure the ratings amount to anything in races of this nature. They’re nearly all unexposed generally and especially at this kind of trip. The ones I’ve made red are those with encouraging dosage profiles for this kind of trip and the green is for those with G1 entries. Nahanni reportedly got quite upset by the fireworks before the Derby but he hasn’t had a lot of time to get the experience out of his system. I backed Hafit last summer for this year’s Derby so have some sickness insurance on him and he is most definitely bred for a trip but doesn’t hold a St Leger entry. I wonder if he could make up into a Gold Cup horse next season. He’s weakish in the market just now so I’ll hold off until Wednesday and decide then.

3.40 - Bay Bridge (11/8) was very impressive at Sandown but I’m not convinced he was beating fit rivals and the time was nothing special. He’s the most likely winner but I don’t like the price and Lord North (7/1) strikes me as being overpriced. I’m not sure he can beat the favourite but I fancy him to beat the rest so the market without Bay Bridge may be the way to go.

4.20 - I really don’t like these F&M races. The top three in my table have one win between them in their last 15 races collectively. Novemba (8/1) will probably find it a bit fast, as might Sibila Spain (8/1), and I’m not prepared to take 5/2 about Mother Earth or Saffron Beach. I reckon this is a race best sat out but on the ratings Kennella (25/1) probably shouldn’t be five times the price of Bashkirova (5/1) and if the dead eight run an each-way pop might be in order.

5.00 - I’ll be mob-handed – as per – in this race. I’ve already backed Etonian (45/1), What’s The Story (40/1) and Desert Peace (20/1) as back up to a decent win single on Legend Of Dubai (12/1). I’ll probably add Tempus (33/1) and Symbolize (16/1) because I’m looking for something that can get closer to 125 on the scale but I totally respect the favourites.

6.10 - I’ve backed Mobadra (10/1) (NR) and taken her in the double with Legend Of Dubai to give Varian a big race double (120/1). Improvised is officially 10lbs well in so I’ve backed her at 15/1 (5 pl, BOG) and will probably settle for those two.

Thanks
    Today's card looks impossible. I can't see a bet.
    Last edited by Slim; 15th June 2022 at 9:42 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

barjon (15th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Well I feel the opposite.

Here's a trainer quote about my main fancy of the week, Sibila Spain. It sounds a good update to me.

Christopher Head, trainer of Sibila Spain

"I think it’s going to be a nice race, we won’t have any excuse for being boxed in and we’ll be able to ride her for herself. I’m expecting a very good performance. I feel like I have her in better form than ever, maybe because she had an easier race last time when coming from behind. She's really well. This race has been the plan since the winter."
    Last edited by Marb; 15th June 2022 at 10:53 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I see there's a few quid for Star Of Lady M with Colin Keane on board in the Windsor Castle. I just think looking at her last win she has so much scope to improve as the season goes on. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Marb; 15th June 2022 at 11:00 AM.

Thanks
    Siblia Spain's pedigree is interesting. She's a full sister to Master of Reality who was a 2m4 boat. He went on fast ground though.
    Last edited by Euronymous; 15th June 2022 at 11:00 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Euronymous For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (15th June 2022), Marb (15th June 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post

Picky bastert...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    William Buick gets back on board Saffron Beach who carries a 5lb penalty but back among her own sex she can go very close here.

Siblia Spain may have had this for her target for some time and I'm sure the owners would love to see her win at Royal Ascot
    Under normal cicumstances at another course I doubt if she would be here.
    She took forever to get there and win a Group2 at St Cloud on Good to Soft I doubt very much she's appreciate this much faster surface against much better horses.

Hard to say how Bashkirova will handle the course but if she takes to it she could peg back Saffron Beach but I'll put my trust in William Buick to keep enough in reserve to win this.
    Formely Fist of Fury

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanlic For This Useful Post:

jinnyj (15th June 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    Y'all will be wishing you'd grabbed 6/1 about the best horse in the world Nature Strip for the Jubilee when I told you

Bet365 and Betfair SB both looked to have taken a hammering while Laddie and Corals cut him to 6/4 apparently without laying a coin.

Jamie Kah is already in the UK and will ride on Saturday if all goes to plan.

As mentioned before no more large bets for me at the monent but I did manage to get 50 ew at 6/1 but if he runs I'll be wishing it was 500ew
    Ruled out
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So I see..they know best....I backed Bay Bridge at even to cover my ass and if he wins I'll back Home affairs who's not that far behind Native Strip.
    Formely Fist of Fury