Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Noted in running - Flat 2022

Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 979 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    2 that caught my eye and I expect many other eyes were

GATECRASHER GIRL 300 notts Tuesday 1m fillies hcap off 66.
    You wont see an easier winner this year.

Won next time at 4/11 and today won again 5/2 off 14lb higher.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post
    Inchicore is a flat horse trained by Alan King who I had an eye on last season and she won at Goodwood earlier in a decent class two over 1M6F looking like she might even get 2 miles.

It wouldn't surprise me now she's back in form if she kicked on again from today in another decent staying race.

The Northumberland Plate is coming up next month at my local track. Could it be...
    Entered up in the Copper House Stakes on Tuesday at Royal Ascot.
    Last edited by Marb; 8th June 2022 at 2:53 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Captain Winters is one to keep on the right side of. Surefire future winner
    Formely Fist of Fury

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanlic For This Useful Post:

downsman (9th June 2022)

Thanks
    Moon Watch caught my eye in the 14.30 at Nottingham today.
    Last edited by downsman; 9th June 2022 at 3:35 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    He caught the judges eye too which was a bit of a shock to all concerned.

Agree he's worth noting could be anything
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    Haydock 2.35 - Outgate - I didn't have a bet in the race so no axe to grind but if I had anything to do with the horse I would not be best pleased - to put it very mildly - with Tom Marquand. I'm not saying the horse would/should have won but he came there appearing to be going every bit as easily as the winner only for TM to go for a non-existent gap when there was plenty of room to his left. The horse had to check and the jockey gave up, safe in the knowledge he'd be third. I reckon this horse is some way better than its finishing position. I reckon he'd have been involved in the finish and will be rating him accordingly.
    This is the post I mentioned on the other thread.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 875 Posts
    Sir Henry Cotton
    Won at Lingfield today, his sharp turn of foot getting the jockey out of trouble. Due a rise for his previous win, but can't see much more of a rise for today.
    Hat trick on the cards,probably on a sharp track.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Re-running the St James’s Palace to see how Mighty Ulysses ran (very well) I thought the really unlucky horse was Maljoom who wasn’t quickly away and was at the back. He tried to come up the rail, but couldn’t find a way through and couldn’t get a run until it was too late. He finished like a rocket, though, and may well have won what turned out be be a close finish.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by barjon View Post
    I thought the really unlucky horse was Maljoom who wasn’t quickly away and was at the back. He tried to come up the rail, but couldn’t find a way through and couldn’t get a run until it was too late. He finished like a rocket, though, and may well have won what turned out to be a close finish.
    Looked mightily impressive, traveling smoothly (not pulling) completely windshielded in the peloton. He did non of the work upfront. The winner pulled like the proverbial Trojan throughout and did very well to hang on in a virtual 6f sprint....

Thanks
    Bay Bridge - Eclipse (5/I currrently)
    Only beaten by the joke pace yesterday, and it's a miilion against it happening again at Sndown.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Britannia - Saga. Gosden's almost throwaway remark today the it should have won had me hunting down the replay and I have to say he is right. The replay I saw doesn't show how slowly into stride it was but Frankie had to stop riding for a few strides just as he was trying find a gap two out. After that the horse flew like Inspiral and was in front a couple of strides after the line.

The world and his dog will be aware of it next time but it definitely should have won. While I like to look for 'winners without a penalty' I have to say this one looks like a loser with a penalty. It will go up at least 5lbs for this but hasn't won. Might not stop it, mind.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Outsider (17th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 979 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Two that caught my eye today were

TENEBRISM nowhere near the winner but wasnt given an all out R.Moore finish.

TIPPY TOES 610. I backed this just before the off and it never got any sort of luck in running.once in the clear it started to fly and finished 12th.
    Off 98 it can win a hcap.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Outsider For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (17th June 2022)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hebrides Chester last Saturday - lost at the start when knocked off balance and out of the box seat, but finished very strongly.

An enquiry was held to consider interference shortly after the start involving the winner EVOCATIVE SPARK (IRE), ridden by Pat Cosgrave, HEBRIDES (IRE), placed second, ridden by Franny Norton and GIEWONT (IRE), placed fourth, ridden by John Egan. Egan was cautioned for careless riding as he had edged left-handed towards the rail without being fully clear of the two runners on his inside, before ultimately correcting his mount which resulted in EVOCATIVE SPARK (IRE) being hampered and making slight contact with HEBRIDES (IRE) which became unbalanced.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (29th June 2022), reet hard (27th June 2022)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Maruco put up a good winner in Soulcombe today who hosed up.

It looked to me like it will take something special to stop him following up so I'll be watching and waiting.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    HMS Seahorse.
    Former Ballydoyle inmate hosed up off 82 at The Curragh Sunday.
    Ratings up 19 to 101 for future handicaps so Ebor and Irish Cesarewitch on the agenda.
    More interesting is his 128 Hurdles rating which has to be a gift ; already Boodles Hurdle and Gr1 placed he just needs more luck getting a run in rather than winning a decent hurdle .

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edgt For This Useful Post:

Colin (1st July 2022), Desert Orchid (30th June 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by edgt View Post
    HMS Seahorse.
    Former Ballydoyle inmate hosed up off 82 at The Curragh Sunday.
    Ratings up 19 to 101 for future handicaps so Ebor and Irish Cesarewitch on the agenda.
    More interesting is his 128 Hurdles rating which has to be a gift ; already Boodles Hurdle and Gr1 placed he just needs more luck getting a run in rather than winning a decent hurdle .
    Galway Hurdle will surely be on the radar, but would be get in off 128?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef or Salmon View Post
    Galway Hurdle will surely be on the radar, but would be get in off 128?
    Unlikely ; Jazzaway might have squeezed in last year off 134 but was 9th in ballot at 5 day stage if memory recalls.
    He needs to win in Killarney for a 10 lb hike methinks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    Captain Winters is one to keep on the right side of. Surefire future winner
    Backed down to fav and ran 2nd yesterday, still a bit green and hung right throughout..more to come
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Despite going for a non-existent gap and bashing into the rail so losing all momentum well over a furlong out Free Wind then ran on strongly as the first two weakened to win the Lancashire Oaks at Haydock going away like a really top class mare (much to my chagrin). She’ll feature in some top races, I think.

An enquiry was held to consider interference approximately 2 furlongs out involving ESHAADA, placed third, ridden by Jim Crowley, the winner, FREE WIND (IRE), ridden by Robert Havlin and KAWIDA, unplaced, ridden by Neil Callan. Havlin was suspended for 5 days for careless riding as he persisted and committed for his run into an insufficient gap which was only briefly viable between the running rail and ESHAADA, causing considerable interference to ESHAADA and KAWIDA, and resulting in FREE WIND (IRE) turning ESHAADA's hind quarters, which in turn caused both fillies to become severely unbalanced.
    Last edited by barjon; 2nd July 2022 at 5:29 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by barjon View Post
    Despite going for a non-existent gap and bashing into the rail so losing all momentum well over a furlong out Free Wind then ran on strongly as the first two weakened to win the Lancashire Oaks at Haydock going away like a really top class mare (much to my chagrin). She’ll feature in some top races, I think.

An enquiry was held to consider interference approximately 2 furlongs out involving ESHAADA, placed third, ridden by Jim Crowley, the winner, FREE WIND (IRE), ridden by Robert Havlin and KAWIDA, unplaced, ridden by Neil Callan. Havlin was suspended for 5 days for careless riding as he persisted and committed for his run into an insufficient gap which was only briefly viable between the running rail and ESHAADA, causing considerable interference to ESHAADA and KAWIDA, and resulting in FREE WIND (IRE) turning ESHAADA's hind quarters, which in turn caused both fillies to become severely unbalanced.
    Surprised Havlin got the holiday - Crowley looked to deliberately veer left to block his path,imo.