Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Noted in running - Flat 2022

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I had to back it today even at 10/3. I think he'll win again. He can't get more than 3lbs.
    I think he'll go up at least 5lbs. Despite the tight finish behind him, it was populated by likely improvers and it's always a good race.

It's highly likely he'll improve for a step up in trip, being out of Taghrooda, and I'd anticipate a big run in the KGV at Ascot.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by barjon View Post
    Silence Please 3:15 Goodwood. 2/1fav and going well when the door was slammed in her face just after she started her challenge just over a furlong out. Badly hampered and knocked all over the place she did well to finish third.
    She's in the Bronte Stakes at York this Saturday. I think 5/1 is acceptable given the quality of the field - Search for a Song heads the market but I'm not convinced she'll run as she's been busy so far this season including running last week. I do like the yard switch with Silence Please and Balding won this last year.
    Last edited by Euronymous; 17th May 2022 at 3:54 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    I think he'll go up at least 5lbs. Despite the tight finish behind him, it was populated by likely improvers and it's always a good race.

It's highly likely he'll improve for a step up in trip, being out of Taghrooda, and I'd anticipate a big run in the KGV at Ascot.
    Up 6lbs.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That was quite a performance from My Astra today - Ayr 3:20 - TM let her loose with a furlong and a half left and she just sprinted away from a pretty decent field. This was Class1 Listed and she looked right at home and ready for better.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

reet hard (18th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    Thought so, with a sole Haggas raider that far north.

Thanks
    Haydock 2.35 - Outgate - I didn't have a bet in the race so no axe to grind but if I had anything to do with the horse I would not be best pleased - to put it very mildly - with Tom Marquand. I'm not saying the horse would/should have won but he came there appearing to be going every bit as easily as the winner only for TM to go for a non-existent gap when there was plenty of room to his left. The horse had to check and the jockey gave up, safe in the knowledge he'd be third. I reckon this horse is some way better than its finishing position. I reckon he'd have been involved in the finish and will be rating him accordingly.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Inchicore is a flat horse trained by Alan King who I had an eye on last season and she won at Goodwood earlier in a decent class two over 1M6F looking like she might even get 2 miles.

It wouldn't surprise me now she's back in form if she kicked on again from today in another decent staying race.

The Northumberland Plate is coming up next month at my local track. Could it be...
    Last edited by Marb; 21st May 2022 at 4:56 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post
    Inchicore is a flat horse trained by Alan King who I had an eye on last season and she won at Goodwood earlier in a decent class two over 1M6F looking like she might even get 2 miles.

It wouldn't surprise me now she's back in form if she kicked on again from today in another decent staying race.

The Northumberland Plate is coming up next month at my local track. Could it be...
    Answer, no. As she's not entered.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post

The Copper Horse handicap over 1M6F at Royal Ascot would be perfect for her with a probable mark in the mid 90s after today.

I hope Alan King is reading in.

Go for another handicap Alan please not some 4 runner listed or group race.
    Last edited by Marb; 21st May 2022 at 5:14 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think Urban Artist suffered the most in the interference and was unlucky.

An enquiry was held to consider the placings in this race after interference inside the final furlong when the winner, BELIEVE IN LOVE (IRE), ridden by Ray Dawson, interfered with GLENARTNEY, placed third, ridden by Ross Coakley, who in turn interfered with MIGHTY BLUE (FR), placed fourth, ridden by Dylan Browne McMonagle, who in turn interfered with URBAN ARTIST, placed second, ridden by P. J. McDonald, who in turn interfered with SILENCE PLEASE (IRE), placed fifth, ridden by Rob Hornby. The Stewards considered that the interference had not improved BELIEVE IN LOVE (IRE)’s placing as the interference took place a sufficient distance from the winning line to allow the sufferers of the interference time to mount a challenge with BELIEVE IN LOVE (IRE) always appearing to hold the sufferers to win by 1 1/4 lengths. Dawson was suspended for 8 days for careless riding as he failed to take sufficient action to prevent his mount from drifting right-handed for a considerable distance carrying GLENARTNEY off its intended line firstly onto MIGHTY BLUE (FR) causing that horse to check and then secondly URBAN ARTIST whose rider had to take a significant check to avoid running onto heels and in the process carried SILENCE PLEASE (IRE) off its intended line.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 979 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2.00 haydock saturday

SKYCUTTER slow away and switched left.came wide and making progress Curtis gave him a backhander and dropped his whip so basically gave up.i see he has a entry in the Northumberland plate and at 40/1 I will have a go.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Outsider, have you read the analysis of the race in the RP, it was also discussed on ITV Racing, it seems that the jockey aggravated an old shoulder problem and was apparently in too much pain to ride the horse out. Doesn'y invalidate your thoughts but might affect the value you might get.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Phillips View Post
    Outsider, have you read the analysis of the race in the RP, it was also discussed on ITV Racing, it seems that the jockey aggravated an old shoulder problem and was apparently in too much pain to ride the horse out. Doesn'y invalidate your thoughts but might affect the value you might get.
    I didnt know that thanks Col.

Thanks
    Would he have been referred to the racecourse doctor to have the shoulder checked or the story verified?

Did he give up the rest of his rides?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Would he have been referred to the racecourse doctor to have the shoulder checked or the story verified?

Did he give up the rest of his rides?
    He didnt attend the S/I as he was having medical attention.

Thanks
    I see he doesn't have any booked rides before Wednesday.

If he didn't have a suspension coming up then I'll be giving him the benefit of the doubt over Skycutter.

Thanks
    Haydock 2.35 - Outgate - I didn't have a bet in the race so no axe to grind but if I had anything to do with the horse I would not be best pleased - to put it very mildly - with Tom Marquand. I'm not saying the horse would/should have won but he came there appearing to be going every bit as easily as the winner only for TM to go for a non-existent gap when there was plenty of room to his left. The horse had to check and the jockey gave up, safe in the knowledge he'd be third. I reckon this horse is some way better than its finishing position. I reckon he'd have been involved in the finish and will be rating him accordingly.
    Just got round to assessing the race, which reminded to watch it again.

he came there appearing to be going every bit as easily as the winner
    ... was probably not well worded. The front three [at that stage] were all being ridden but, having watched it again, I stand by my initial impression that Outgate would have been involved in the finish, probably a close third.

The race is usually strong form and this renewal seems to be no exception. The handicapper has raised the first two 10lbs and 9lbs respectively but has had to leave Outgate alone.

For me, this means the horse will be about 8lbs well-in in his next handicap, which I presume will be the Britannia. Entries haven't been published yet - the Hunt Cup and Wokingham are the only handicaps that have - and only two bookies, PP and Betfair (ergo effectively one bookie) have priced up a selection of possible entries. They have Outgate at 20/1 but I can probably afford to hold off until the weights are released and see how others price it up.

The "good news" for me is that none of the race comments note what I believe I saw so it might not be in too many people's notebooks.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (26th May 2022)

Thanks
    Romantic Rival..ran on strongly to beat Frankie on Kings Joy by the smallest margin, one for my tracker.
    Last edited by downsman; 1st June 2022 at 8:17 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by downsman View Post
    Romantic Rival..ran on strongly to beat Frankie on Kings Joy by the smallest margin, one for my tracker.
    Be careful, she was dropped into this Class4 handicap having been running in Class1 Listed and Group races. She may be put back up in Class and may struggle a bit.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

downsman (2nd June 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by barjon View Post
    Be careful, she was dropped into this Class4 handicap having been running in Class1 Listed and Group races. She may be put back up in Class and may struggle a bit.
    Thanks for the info.