Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Noted in running - Flat 2022

Thanks
    I thought it was a well above average maiden -possibly some Group winners in the race.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LUKE For This Useful Post:

PlaceBacker (17th July 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Race Ref #5171

Chester, Saturday 16 July, 3.08

I backed Manaccan in this race and, as I said at the time, I was worried about the booking of Queally. It turned out he wasn't an issue after all and I have to say 2f out I was pretty sure I was going to collect, seeing he was obviously going to get a clear run through on the rail, which he did. However, down the wide outside, Look Out Louis fairly flew home and left him standing. I've now managed to check the form for the race and it's looking very positive. I'm certainly taking a very positive view of the race and the winner is going into my tracker as a big improver at the age of six. He has an excellent record now at Chester and it may be that connections will want to enhance it later in the summer. He doesn't have any immediate entries so the likes of the Stewards' Cup isn't on the agenda. I'll be slightly wary if he runs elsewhere next time but it might not stop me backing him but the next time he runs at Chester he'll be very hard to beat. He went up 6lbs for the win the other day but I reckon he can still be very competitive at the same level, and he wouldn't need to improve much to be a good thing.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Colin (20th July 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nostrum 1:50 Sandown. First time out 2yo winners for SirMS aren’t thick on the ground and I thought this was a pretty strong performance in a what looked like a strong field of maidens. I think he might have another hot one on his hands.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

Colin (21st July 2022), Desert Orchid (21st July 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post

Particularly unlucky, I thought, was Achelois. I know Maruco was on this one and I think maybe one or two others on here too, and it must have been a very frustrating watch for her backers, repeatedly denied space when mounting what would probably have been a winning challenge. A 3lbs hike is a bit of salt in the wounds but the winner went up 5lbs so Achelois will still be worth a very close look next time.
    I must have forgotten to put this one in my tracker because I have no recollection an alert coming through and I was surprised she got a mention on TV a moment ago. Apparently she came out and won at York at the weekend there. One that got away.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 26th July 2022 at 4:37 PM.

Thanks
    I presume everyone saw it for themselves but Stone Of Destiny is obviously a winner waiting to happen. I want to see that 1.40 race again just to count how many doors were closed on it.

Unfortunately, it won't be 20/1 next time. Whether it will be trying is another matter. They might want to put it under the radar again after that but it is clearly running into form and must be one of the best handicapped horses in training on its best form.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I would have been apoplectic if Gisburn had won the 3:55. I’ve been waiting for him to move up in distance as he’s been taken off his feet in six furlong races, but I didn’t think a fast seven at Goodwood sufficed (although he did run quite well in a seven ar Goodwood early on). It was a fine run today, staying on strongly and I’ll be all over him in his next seven (maybe a mile, even) although I doubt he’ll be 33/1 again.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

Outsider (30th July 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 979 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I presume everyone saw it for themselves but Stone Of Destiny is obviously a winner waiting to happen. I want to see that 1.40 race again just to count how many doors were closed on it.

Unfortunately, it won't be 20/1 next time. Whether it will be trying is another matter. They might want to put it under the radar again after that but it is clearly running into form and must be one of the best handicapped horses in training on its best form.
    Today was a really good chance to win and the price was unbelievable but he had no luck again.
    I dont know if he will get in,but the Portland,which he won last year,his last win,must be on the agenda.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Outsider For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (30th July 2022)

Thanks
    I must have forgotten to put this one in my tracker because I have no recollection an alert coming through and I was surprised she got a mention on TV a moment ago. Apparently she came out and won at York at the weekend there. One that got away.
    Here:
    https://www.racingpost.com/results/1...2-07-22/815884

Friday evening card I didn't even look at with a busy Saturday coming up. She was a monster bet for this in hindsight. Only caught it when I re-watched the week's racing the following Monday.
    Last edited by Euronymous; 30th July 2022 at 5:21 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Euronymous For This Useful Post:

reet hard (30th July 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    2nd has an entry at Cork on Thursday - also down for the Yorkshire Oaks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Have Secret 1:50 Chester today was second favourite and well drawn in 2. Slowly away and soon in last place being pushed to keep up. Still nearly last rounding the final bend and 20/1 in running. Somehow managed to murder the field in the straight and get within a head of catching the runaway winner with the rest 6 lengths behind. That was some performance at Chester, he should have been dead and gone.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (31st July 2022), Outsider (31st July 2022)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It's getting expensive to follow though and I really fancied it in this race.probably the Portland again if it gets in.
    Unbelievable that the hcapped dropped it 2lb after that unlucky run and is 8lb lower than that Portland win.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlaceBacker View Post
    Beat her comfortably ,but still only finished 3rd

Not beaten far but however looks a work in progress and probably now needs further
    Could be third time lucky for Unless tomorrow [Curragh,2.05]

3-1 with Bet 365
    "The wise man is one who knows what he does not know"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PlaceBacker For This Useful Post:

Outsider (5th August 2022)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barjon View Post
    Have Secret 1:50 Chester today was second favourite and well drawn in 2. Slowly away and soon in last place being pushed to keep up. Still nearly last rounding the final bend and 20/1 in running. Somehow managed to murder the field in the straight and get within a head of catching the runaway winner with the rest 6 lengths behind. That was some performance at Chester, he should have been dead and gone.
    That didn’t take long then. Couldn’t believe 6/1. Lucky I looked at my phone because racing has taken a back seat to Commonwealth Games athletics this weeks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlaceBacker View Post
    Could be third time lucky for Unless tomorrow [Curragh,2.05]

3-1 with Bet 365
    Never got involved, needs a mile now
    "The wise man is one who knows what he does not know"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barjon View Post
    That didn’t take long then. Couldn’t believe 6/1. Lucky I looked at my phone because racing has taken a back seat to Commonwealth Games athletics this weeks.
    Bloody aftertimers.

Nice one BJ

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Outsider For This Useful Post:

barjon (7th August 2022)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    Bloody aftertimers.

Nice one BJ

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Nothing from the tracker today, but was interested. in Balding’s Noble Run on his handicap debut in the 1:45 Wolverhampton. He has been running in Class 3 and this is a Class 5. Unfortunately, he’s drifted like a barge from 7/1 last night to 16/1 atm, so it’s a no go unless a flood of money comes for him.

33/1 in the end and ran accordingly
    Last edited by barjon; 8th August 2022 at 1:55 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Captain Winters is entered up at Thirsk this Friday after a 6 week break
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Kevin Stott has been booked to ride
    Formely Fist of Fury

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanlic For This Useful Post:

Outsider (11th August 2022)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The ride apprentice George Rooke gave Ed Dunlpo's Queens Eyot in the 1.45 at Ffos Las was nothing short of very amateurist.

Everything is fine until he looks all over the winner, picks up his whip and give the horse a smack which the horse immediately veers away from.

At that point he gets a rush of blood to the head and panics. Granted it happened very quickly but he should be skillful enough to either switch which hands or just stop using it.

He continues to smack the horse another 3 times and ends up, after being in the centre of the course, to almost being up against the farside rails.

The horse was beaten a short head and his jockeys antics cost him at least 1 1/2 lengths.

Was hard to miss so won't be a great price next time out but he's going to be like a winner without a penalty
    Last edited by Tanlic; 11th August 2022 at 5:40 PM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanlic For This Useful Post:

Outsider (11th August 2022)