Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1440

Thread: The 2022 Longshot Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 979 Posts
    Blog Entries
    GIOIA CIECA 225H 20/1 3places skybet.

Back in a smaller field might bring about some improvement on its last 3 races.was a good 4th earlier in the season.
    3 places with sky tempted me.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Outsider For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (6th August 2022), moehat (5th August 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    I have another longshot in a later race but it's on the drift and I'm hoping for longer still in the morning. I'll put it on here then and I'll back these longshots in each-way multiples. You never know.
    It's now drifted out to 25/1, 4 places, BOG so I'm on and so is the each-way yankee to sweetie money. Ascot 3.55 Imperial Sands. I have it miles clear on its AW form but there's no firm evidence [for me] that he needs an artificial surface. If he does, it's probably donald ducked.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Ascot 1.00 - Pistoletto 33/1 - I dived in at 18/1 last night but will be going in again at this price or close to it if the BOGs kick in tomorrow. He put up seemingly a career best (supported by the clock) in a valuable 10f G3 on the All-Weather at Lingfield back in February and backed it up in a 12f handicap back there two runs later. Since then he’s been beaten over trips varying from 7f to 12f and it’s been on my mind that they’re aiming him at the Cambridgeshire. There’s now the chance that he might not make the cut off his mark so they might want to win this as they’re unlikely to go up too much for it. It isn’t as competitive as the numbers or pot suggest.
    Fuckmegently. Pistoletto is out to 66/1 with Bet 365. I didn't take the BOG last night (although I do have it in the multiples) so I've gone in yet again but I do fear the bookie has info to the effect that this won is 'not expected' today.

Thanks
    That was a wee bit disappointing. I wonder if the horse is too strong for the jockey (Nicola Currie) but to my untrained eye it looked like she wasn't keen to ask it to go forward from about two furlongs out and happy just to plug on for fourth (which the bookie didn't pay).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That was a wee bit disappointing. I wonder if the horse is too strong for the jockey (Nicola Currie) but to my untrained eye it looked like she wasn't keen to ask it to go forward from about two furlongs out and happy just to plug on for fourth (which the bookie didn't pay).
    A good run by yours though a shame as Skybet paid four places.

Does my nut in when that happens!

Thanks
    Yes, I had the option of taking shorter odds with Sky but I'm a greedy bastert.

Thanks
    I know this is aftertiming but it was a last minute thing. Went onto WHill to back Pistoletto because I hadn’t backed it yesterday and remembering what I’d said about not reading TRP comments so did so and had a bet on Bright Diamond in the first. Went outside to water the plants and came in to find it had won. So, thanks for that! Interesting that Tom Morley has Blue de Vega and Arecibo in the next. He got a lot of stick about buying Arecibo who wasn’t cheap but he’s had a lot of fun with him. So it’ll be interesting to see how the two horses run. He became my favourite pundit on W Hill because he explained a lot about why he bought certain horses and taught me a bit about maiden races and what to look for.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to moehat For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (6th August 2022)

Thanks
    Saturday, Ascot 3.20 -Danehill Kodiac 40/1, 4 places - top on my ratings so, for me, shouldn't be anywhere near that kind of price and I can't see Christophe Lemaire being a negative.
    Wrong about Lemaire. Gave up as soon as the others came alongside him.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moehat View Post
    I know this is aftertiming but it was a last minute thing. Went onto WHill to back Pistoletto because I hadn’t backed it yesterday and remembering what I’d said about not reading TRP comments so did so and had a bet on Bright Diamond in the first. Went outside to water the plants and came in to find it had won. So, thanks for that! Interesting that Tom Morley has Blue de Vega and Arecibo in the next. He got a lot of stick about buying Arecibo who wasn’t cheap but he’s had a lot of fun with him. So it’ll be interesting to see how the two horses run. He became my favourite pundit on W Hill because he explained a lot about why he bought certain horses and taught me a bit about maiden races and what to look for.
    Shameful after-timing!!!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Haydock

3.45 Modular Magic could run well here. He has won twice first time out and has a good record after a break. He has had a good 5-6 weeks off the track since his last run and he was third in this race or one of these type of races at Haydock last year. A very similiar handicap mark here so 20/1 will do for me.

4.45 Another stab in the dark on Asadjumeriah. I just like his win strike rate and the recent gelding operation may have helped him. Fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Downpatrick 2.30 Neat Locality 20/1
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post
    Haydock

4.45 Another stab in the dark on Asadjumeriah. I just like his win strike rate and the recent gelding operation may have helped him. Fingers crossed.
    For your sake, hoping he wins, Marb. There's some evidence he's way better than an average Class 4 handicapper. But the yard looks out of form. I'm half hoping he gets hammered here and then we have yard form/not recovered from the op/needed a little drop in weights to blame, and then he'll p**s up at some point in a later race at a hopefully juicy price. All good plans and all that!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

Marb (7th August 2022)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yes I've a feeling he will either be beat after a furlong complaining his owner castrated him or run really well with not much in between.

Thanks
    Modular magic finished very well maybe they should step up in trip…or book a different jockey!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonannyimfine View Post
    Modular magic finished very well maybe they should step up in trip…or book a different jockey!
    Yeah lost about 4 to 5 lengths at the start only beaten about 3 lengths in the end.

In flat racing there's always another day for them.

As my old mate Tiny Clanger would say...'one for another day'.

I have changed channels to watch You Only Live Twice after that.

One of the best Bonds ever this one.
    Last edited by Marb; 7th August 2022 at 4:38 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yes,one for another day.lets just hope it's a big price.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    4.45 Another stab in the dark on Asadjumeriah. I just like his win strike rate and the recent gelding operation may have helped him. Fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

I followed you in marb how unlucky to be beat by a 50/1 ffs

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Outsider For This Useful Post:

Marb (7th August 2022)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If I could have selected two longshots funnily enough I would have put up Devils Angel. He was on my radar and has drifted from 16's to 50's.

I can't complain though happy mine placed. Asad probably one for another day aswell.
    Last edited by Marb; 7th August 2022 at 4:58 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Marb For This Useful Post:

Outsider (7th August 2022)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Reinvesting on Haizoom in the 6.45. I can't let him go unbacked at this price.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moehat View Post
    No racing for me today as I’m looking after the grandchildren but I’ve just had a quick look at the results and Tom Morley has had a 40/1 winner at Chelmsford. No idea if I would have backed it (probably not) but it’s always worth keeping an eye on his runners.