Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Frost vs Dunne

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The sad thing is she's ridden 45 winners since April and not once has anytone played a dirty trick on her....she needs to concentrate on her job that she is very good at and learn to treat sh** like shi*t and ignore em.

EDIT I just read the article in the Racing Post for the first time and it seems some of the top jockeys are saying this is aload of garbage......she really needs to grow a pair
    Last edited by Tanlic; 8th December 2021 at 1:48 PM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Simple question.
    Why aren't there separate changing rooms?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkWing View Post
    The sad thing is that I suspect this all stems from Bryony being overly emotional in post race interviews. Seems to have got the back up of people.
    I'd suspect a sprinkling of jealousy too when those post race interviews come in showcase G1 events.
    Last edited by wilsonl; 8th December 2021 at 1:52 PM.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    What experiece do you have to call my post drivel....I was there and every time Ayr was on over the weekend more than a few top Jockeys stayed in my house in Strathaven and whatwent on in the weighing room went on all weekend

People like Ron Barry Jonjo Davy Goulding Tony Charlton Don Nolan Phil Tuck Sammy Stringer Alan Brown etc. I used to always have a go at Alan Bown when he came up to Perth when he had a winner saying he was useless and the horse had run away with him.......belive me all in good humour he'd give it back to me big time..these guys took as good as they gave and no one but no one went runningto the stewards.......say what you want she should stay the fukc out of the mens weighing room if she cant handle the banter....the more she gets her back up the more the jockey involved would fire back at her....To be honest I don't know what went on I only know it went way to far when she lodged a complaint that no one else in the weighing room would have,,,,,for all the **** taking in the past who else has complained to the stewards in the last 30 years?
    Pay attention.

I did not say your post was drivel; I said your opinion i.e. that Frost was a "cry-baby" and that it was " 99% just fun" was drivel.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    The sad thing is she's ridden 45 winners since April and not once has anytone played a dirty trick on her....she needs to concentrate on her job that she is very good at and learn to treat sh** like shi*t and ignore em.

EDIT I just read the article in the Racing Post for the first time and it seems some of the top jockeys are saying this is aload of garbage......she really needs to grow a pair
    Jockeys who have routinely ignored what's been going on decide it's a load of garbage. Stop the front page.

Can someone please re-programme Tanlic's time-machine to take him back to 1973 where his attitude belongs.

SlimChance, March 2018

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Grasshopper For This Useful Post:

trudij (9th December 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    While it's true that threats of physical damage can almost invariably be put down to empty threats, some do carry more than a hint of intention.

When I played football such threats were commonplace and usually empty but there's no doubt some were carried out*. But they were most certainly intended to intimidate, and that's what's wrong with Dunne's threats.

If Frost was genuinely concerned for her safety, based on how the threat was delivered to her, that should be enough for it to be considered to have gone too far.

(*I never made such a threat and never deliberately fouled anyone in my 'career' but I definitely used my 'low centre of gravity' to make sure I didn't come off second best in physical tussles. A wee legal shoulder charge correctly timed was often enough to ensure an opponent ended up in an uncomfortable situation at the side of the pitch**. That was part of the game.)

(**And I most certainly wouldn't have told them in advance that it was going to happen!)
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 8th December 2021 at 4:04 PM.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    While it's true that threats of physical damage can almost invariably be put down to empty threats, some do carry more than a hint of intention.

When I played football such threats were commonplace and usually empty but there's no doubt some were carried out*. But they were most certainly intended to intimidate, and that's what's wrong with Dunne's threats.

If Frost was genuinely concerned for her safety, based on how the threat was delivered to her, that should be enough for it to be considered to have gone too far.

(*I never made such a threat and never deliberately fouled anyone in my 'career' but I definitely used my 'low centre of gravity' to make sure I didn't come off second best in physical tussles. A wee legal shoulder charge correctly timed was often enough to ensure an opponent ended up in an uncomfortable situation at the side of the pitch**. That was part of the game.)

(**And I most certainly wouldn't have told them in advance that it was going to happen!)

Agree.

If any 40 year old bloke in our office spoke to a girl like Dunne did then he'd be dealt with the first time it happened by his colleagues. He'd get a crack in the car park if he did it again.

If the same happened when I used to work on the tools on a site then he wouldnt dare, but would be quickly educated on it if he did.

If it happened in my sports dressing room he'd get a crack straightaway.

I'm struggling to see how any man can be blasé about that kind of treatment of a woman.

Anyway not gonna argue anyone who disagrees as pointless and just means we've been brought up different.
    Last edited by Tincan; 8th December 2021 at 4:40 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tincan View Post
    Anyway not gonna argue anyone who disagrees as pointless and just means we've been brought up different.
    Slight tangent, I've just caught up with today's Ange Postecoglou presser in which he says:

I'm not going to get involved in arguments with ignorant people because you end up just becoming one of them.

(OWTTE)

Wise words.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 885 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    I find it difficult to see how objecting to bullying, threats of violence and exposing oneself, particularly to a young woman, can be considered to be regarded as "politically correct." In my years of working such behaviour would not be regarded as acceptable, except, perhaps, by the perpetrators. To describe such behaviour as "banter" borders on the nonsensical.
    But ii's not bullying for the heavies to make phone threats to Dunne?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    But ii's not bullying for the heavies to make phone threats to Dunne?

Reet, is there any evidence that this was initiated by Frost, or indeed that she had anything whatsoever to do with it? It's much more likely that this was a disgruntled punter/fan of Frost's making a crank call to give Dunne some of his own medicine.

Regardless, two wrong's don't make a right, and it's self-evident that threatening phone call to Dunne would never have been made, if he hadn't committed/been accused of committing the alleged offences.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 8th December 2021 at 6:25 PM.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    This 'crank'was informed enough to contact both the BHA and PJA, which suggests the phone numbers weren't found in the street.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Like I said earlier in the thread, if your focus is on Frost's involvement in this (or her potential proxies - regardless of any evidence of them being her proxies), you're focusing on the wrong thing.

For the record, it took me about 25 seconds to find both BHA and PJA contact numbers on Google.

SlimChance, March 2018

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Grasshopper For This Useful Post:

chroniclandlord (8th December 2021)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    In industrial relations law, and this is an industry, what matters is how words make the receiver feel rather than what the speaker thought they meant.

If this case was in the LRC (Labour Relations Commission) in Dublin, Dunne would have been advised to settle last wek.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to an capall For This Useful Post:

chroniclandlord (8th December 2021), Desert Orchid (8th December 2021), edgt (8th December 2021), G-G (9th December 2021), Grasshopper (8th December 2021)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Jockeys who have routinely ignored what's been going on decide it's a load of garbage. Stop the front page.

Can someone please re-programme Tanlic's time-machine to take him back to 1973 where his attitude belongs.
    Time machine my ass. I have read the reports on the case you should try it. It's a bad day in hell when Valet's refuse to work with you and Champion Jockey Richard Johnson has to point out to the panel that put you through the wing is nothing more than banter. Then you got one of the nicest guys in racing Nico defending Dunne along with Gavin Sheehan, Ben Poste and Lizzie Kelly giving evdence on behalf of Dunne. Plus many who have remained silent wanting nothing to do with her moans.

The most telling fact was Roderick Moore pointing out it's just the way the weighing room is and it would be unfair to judge Dunne in any other way.

Seems to me not much has changed over the years and she's broke the golden rule What happens in the weighing room stays in the weighing room.

If anyone else wrote the sh** you have written about me I would be angry but I find that impossible with you because between us we don't half fire up every other c***
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    In matters unrelated: Benny Hill, On the Buses and Mind Your Language are on channel 634 tonight.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to an capall For This Useful Post:

chroniclandlord (8th December 2021), Danny (8th December 2021), Desperate Dan (8th December 2021), edgt (8th December 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Like I said earlier in the thread, if your focus is on Frost's involvement in this (or her potential proxies - regardless of any evidence of them being her proxies), you're focusing on the wrong thing.

For the record, it took me about 25 seconds to find both BHA and PJA contact numbers on Google.
    I did say informed which would rule out cranks, and the average man in the street.

Thanks
    Dunne's barrister's summation today seemed to be about keeping the sentence as light as possible. He argued that Dunne is part of a general weighroom culture that might need to change, but that Dunne is not uniquely responsible for it. The number of witnesses appearing for Dunne, the actions of the valets, McCoy's offensive tweet yesterday, show that there is plenty of support for him.

The culture in racing certainly has to change, and it's a real shame that it is taking something close to civil war to confront it.

Whatever penalty Dunne gets, and he should not be scapegoated, the message should go out to everyone in racing that this marks the end of such behaviour.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Grey For This Useful Post:

trudij (9th December 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 927 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, Tanlic, I think your posts epitomise the outdated attitude that seems to be prevalent in the weighing room. As Paul Nicholls suggested the world has moved on and the weighing room has been left behind. In this day and age there is no way anyone should be expected to “grow a pair” and live with things they find offensive, overly aggressive, or hurtful. Nor should they be ostracised because they bring it to light.

The only independent witness in all this - the fence attendant - said he heard very clearly the foul mouthed diatribe directed at Bryony. He went on to say “There were other jockeys within what I would describe as earshot, and it is quite a significant point to me that they’ve not come forward as witnesses. In my mind, they would absolutely have heard the same as I heard, they would have been closer to him than I was.”

“What might be ordinary to him [Wedge] might be very different to what is out of the ordinary to a general member of the public.
    “That’s between him and his conscience, I know that my conscience is clear. That’s the very reason why I’ve submitted this witness statement, I know what was said, I know the manner in which it was delivered.”

I think his evidence was much the most compelling and the jockeys trying to wash it away should hang their heads in shame.

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

chroniclandlord (8th December 2021), Desert Orchid (8th December 2021), Desperate Dan (8th December 2021), dvds2000 (9th December 2021), G-G (9th December 2021), Grasshopper (8th December 2021), Grey (8th December 2021), jinnyj (8th December 2021), Outsider (8th December 2021)

Thanks
    The level of victim blaming on here by a few is shameful.

Didn't think anyone could come out of this worse than Dunne until I read the last page of sh*te on here.
    Last edited by Beef or Salmon; 8th December 2021 at 8:19 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Beef or Salmon For This Useful Post:

Bonjers (9th December 2021)