Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Frost vs Dunne

Thanks
    "Telling tales out of school!!!!!!!" I despair....a young woman is the subject of foul, obscene and disgusting abuse in her place of work yet to make an official complaint about it is described as "telling tales out of school!!" You couldn`t make it up!! What a "rancid" view.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Desperate Dan For This Useful Post:

Len Madeiros (11th December 2021)

Thanks
    Thank you for sharing that horrible experience with us, Trud, and it’s great that you feel that you can share a story such as that with your supportive internet friends; well, most of them. What you describe is horrific, and no one should ever have to endure that. No proper person would ever commit such an atrocity to a fellow human being either. I am truly sorry for your experience. It’s women like you that point the way forward, thankfully: there is absolutely no way any person should “accept” that treatment at work, even though what you would have been doing in reporting it would have been unusual and probably labelled “telling tales out of school”. Bryony has advanced the cause of women in racing massively this week, and I’m sorry the likes of yourself had to suffer in silence all those years, before Bryony could step forward to tell her tales out of school.
    Last edited by Len Madeiros; 11th December 2021 at 3:28 PM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Len Madeiros For This Useful Post:

barjon (11th December 2021), Colin Phillips (12th December 2021), G-G (11th December 2021), Grey (11th December 2021), trudij (11th December 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-G View Post

Dunne will get a job with someone - old boys network - who you know, not what you know attitude of the racing fraternity. Notice he didn't ride Pretty Little Liar today as ban immediate so won't be able to ride whilst waiting an appeal, so if BHA take as long to sort that, the suspension period will be over.
    He was on course though, supposedly working for his brother.
    "The owls are not what they seem"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 924 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Bryony Frost is a professional jockey and she is represented by the PJA - well, that’s a laugh.

How the PJA can defend the Weighing Room is beyond me. It seems that nobody from top to bottom in there lifted even a finger to put a stop to it and if they thought it was harmless fun then there’s not a shred of common sense amongst them. I have no doubt that most of them are decent human beings, but there really is no defending them in this and if “rancid” is not an apt description I don’t know what is.
    Last edited by barjon; 11th December 2021 at 12:11 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

trudij (11th December 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    There is a huge difference in perception between the public displays of camaraderie and sportsmanship on course after a big race, where many losing jockeys make a point of congratulating a winning one - I've often remarked that racing stands out in that regard - and what is portrayed in this case.

The Frost-Dunne situation is totally at odds with my own perception.

I do find it hard to believe the weighing room atmosphere is 'rancid' but sexism, misogyny and bullying are rancid and anyone who exhibits those traits needs educating or psychological help or possibly both.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Len Madeiros (11th December 2021)

Thanks
    Watched the race. Not sure of the logic of how reflects badly on Bryony. But fair enough.

I don't see the horse jumping sharply left or violently left in the race above. Not at stratford either. It might have done in other races. I wouldn't want to get bogged down in terminology. (Note that all this is absolving Dunne of stupidity for going up it's inner. Had the horse a reputation for jumping violently left, going up it's inner would have been spectacularly stupid).

I think you are right, that the horse does corrects himself by edging left when jumping, and he did actually interfere with Agentleman at the third last in the above race doing just that. However I would class it as a racing accident - ten a penny -not as violent as Lee Edwards incident. And Agentleman was a length closer than Robbie Dunne's (cillians well) fatal fall meaning he was actually crossed. (Unlike Bryony in the Cillians Well incident). The point is the Bryony allowed the horse to edge left when jumping when it want interfering with others.

Did Kielan Woods deserve to be subjected to abuse, bullying by the jockeys following the race? I could see how that end up in a physical fight. Does this count as evidence of Kielan Woods being a dangerous jockey?

How far ahead of Robbie Dunne did Bryony need to be for it not to judged dangerous? It's clearly far greater distance for Bryony.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ep1987 View Post
    It's probably the water jump (end of the home straight, first circuit).
    Yeah. That's the only possible instance. I can't see how it would be classed as dangerous. Do you?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkWing View Post
    Watched the race. Not sure of the logic of how reflects badly on Bryony. But fair enough.

I don't see the horse jumping sharply left or violently left in the race above. Not at stratford either. It might have done in other races. I wouldn't want to get bogged down in terminology. (Note that all this is absolving Dunne of stupidity for going up it's inner. Had the horse a reputation for jumping violently left, going up it's inner would have been spectacularly stupid).

I think you are right, that the horse does corrects himself by edging left when jumping, and he did actually interfere with Agentleman at the third last in the above race doing just that. However I would class it as a racing accident - ten a penny -not as violent as Lee Edwards incident. And Agentleman was a length closer than Robbie Dunne's (cillians well) fatal fall meaning he was actually crossed. (Unlike Bryony in the Cillians Well incident). The point is the Bryony allowed the horse to edge left when jumping when it want interfering with others.

Did Kielan Woods deserve to be subjected to abuse, bullying by the jockeys following the race? I could see how that end up in a physical fight. Does this count as evidence of Kielan Woods being a dangerous jockey?

How far ahead of Robbie Dunne did Bryony need to be for it not to judged dangerous? It's clearly far greater distance for Bryony.
    The question should be how close did Dunne have to be to put his horse in jepordy? In his position a blind man running for a bus could easly see her mount was jumping left on several occacions.

He had ample time to switch right and avoid any chance of a collision.

However he's moved up within a length of Bryony and he looked like an accident waitng to happen had she made a serious error.

Watching it many time his mount fell without and interfeence apart from visual and he had no one to blame but his mount or possibly himself...End of story
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    One wonders why Dunne and his legal team did not submit copies of these instances if they thought they were examples of dangerous riding.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkWing View Post
    Yeah. That's the only possible instance. I can't see how it would be classed as dangerous. Do you?
    Only if deliberate.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    One wonders why Dunne and his legal team did not submit copies of these instances if they thought they were examples of dangerous riding.
    Reading through the transcript from his legal team, I felt they offered a very weak case compared to Bryonys team. They resorted to “that’s just how it is” type comments.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    I suspect he will appeal and have a few months reduction. If he had any sense, or common decency, he would issue a public apology.

Thanks
    Currently on page four of this topic on the Betfair Community (there are 44!) Some really, really interesting comments (some awful ones too) and there are articles from back mid October concerning the initial leak.

Thanks
    Luck On Sunday is free to air on RacingTV Sunday morning at 9am, interviews with Paul Struthers of the PJA , then with BHA’s Tim Naylor re Frost v Dunne.

Thanks
    The letters in the Racing Post (online) are all spot on IMO (apart from one).

Thanks
    Regardless of whose side you're on, this is worth a read

https://medium.com/@notnownancy/fros...h-176a6d182caa

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

archie (12th December 2021), Desert Orchid (12th December 2021), edgt (12th December 2021), G-G (12th December 2021), jinnyj (12th December 2021), Outsider (12th December 2021)

Thanks
    Top class DG. Beautifully written and extremely well put from both sides.

Thanks
    Nice Freudian slip early doors in an otherwise interesting article, though it’s easy to see where her bias lies - 38 isn’t “touching 40” and he can still work - just not ride in races - he’s hardly been left jobless and destitute.

Definitely agree those In charge have missed their chance to do a lot of good though - and yes, offering him the chance to do 18 months of rehab alongside a shorter riding ban and a fine might well have done more good in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #YourStorm
    Mr Brightside

All posts are based on the following:
    I know what I'm talking about/ I'm having a stab in the dark
    I'm bored/ You're an idiot and I'm poking you with sticks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The article seems a little too forgiving of the antics of someone who is - after all - supposed to be a grown man, and one who has shown no contrition whatsoever.

My lad knew when he was 14yo that it wasn't on to call girls slags, sluts or whores. Someone close to Robbie Dunne i.e. someone who cares about his well-being, should recommend he go to counselling to sort out himself out. If he did that independently of any directive from the BHA or PJA, it would possibly work in his favour in the long run. He clearly has issues, and should seek some help.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 12th December 2021 at 10:48 AM.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Grasshopper For This Useful Post:

trudij (12th December 2021)

Thanks
    Agreeing that Bryony "felt" bullied is the tell-tale unfortunately. Think people need to accept that what happened was bullying, even if it was the norm for the weighing room.

The sums on the 15 month suspension of a 36 year old is funny.