Thread: More tech stuff…

Thanks

More tech stuff…

Recently let my iPad do an upgrade. Big mistake. Has taken me all day to reinstall emails etc but it now keeps switching itself off after a few minutes. How can I stop this happening? It says there’s a security problem. Will ask for a new hub ( haven’t had a new one for years). Totally dependent on my iPad these days so it’s a bit of a nightmare.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    "The owls are not what they seem"

Thanks
    Another problem: bought a new phone yesterday. Not an upgrade or anything. Phone says not registered on network. Car phone warehouse set it up for me. New phone number etc. Is there something I’m supposed to do? Don’t really want to go to the shop as we’re still recovering from Storm Arwen! (Sorted: took the SIM card out and put it back in again….)
    Last edited by moe; 1st December 2021 at 2:01 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    when in doubt, stick it in the other way
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    It was like an updated version of turn it off and turn it back on again! My main problem was working out how to get the phone out of it’s new case and then finding where the SIM card was. So much for all this modern technology stuff when the way to fix it is to take the card out, blow on it ( just in case) and stick it back in again! And find a paper clip to get the SIM card out.