Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Champions Day

Thanks
    Not my strongest code but a good day to get involved in what will hopefully be great racing so FWIW...

1:25 Baron Samedi e/w @ 8/1 (4 places). Fav would prefer softer ground and Stradivarius not getting any younger and Baron will be suited by step back up to 2 miles and is still improving.

2:00 Creative Force e/w @ 13/2 (6 places). Hard race to call but he has no questions regarding, course, trip or going. Trainer still in fine form.

2:35 Snowfall @ around Evens. Much better than these as long as not still feeling the effects of a tough race at Longchamp

3:10 One of the two favs win. Hard to say which but should be a cracking race so might just watch it rather than bet.

3:50 Addeybb e/w @ 8/1 (4 Places). Could do with more rain but still the each way value compared to the two favs. Has beaten Mishriff both times they’ve met, including in this last year. True, the ground tomorrow will suit Mishriff more but there shouldn’t be a 400% price differential. Addeybb rarely ever runs a bad race.

4:30 Sir Busker e/w @ 18/1 (7 places). Fav could be tough to beat but is very short price for a race like this and 7+ places available with 365's e/w extra and as long as he's on the right side Sir Busker has been running at the top level and "only" has to concede 10lb the fav who to date as won just a C3 handicap, though admittedly could be anything. But 7/2 is a short price to take on potential in a race like this.
    Last edited by wilsonl; 15th October 2021 at 10:24 AM.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 885 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankel View Post
    Hopefully Adayar sticks that up on Saturday! Always debatable when discussing ratings.

What is the best performance in Europe this season?
    'Best horse in the world' is parochial,middle distance, bollox, invariably trotted out by Europeans.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 927 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Best horse in the world is bollox - what’s it rated then?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    'Best horse in the world' is parochial,middle distance, bollox, invariably trotted out by Europeans.
    That's cleared that up then
    All comers, all grounds, all beaten!

This perfect mix of poetry and destruction.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankel For This Useful Post:

reet hard (15th October 2021)

Thanks
    Now i'm not steaming my balls off after Free Wind's absence and the lack of info spent more time on the old study.

Boat - Can't see a proper bet in this but there is a chance the front three might by feeling the Cadran in the legs so I'll back the Balding horse place only. He has Ascot form.

Sprint - Rohaan obv but I will cover on the Hamdan horse (re-watched his last race and one can upgrade it, he lost a length or so at the start)

Mares - Eshaada/Albaflora dutch. Gone with the fillies with Ascot form - have to have a go at getting Snowfall beat.

QE2 - Not sure Palace Pier likes the straight track. He was beat in this last year largely due to poor track position relative to the front two and he wasn't that great in the Queen Anne either - the form is rotten with the third actually in the handicap here later on in the card. Not keen on Alcohol Free either to be honest and so I might dutch the Hamdan again with The Revenant (depending on how the ground looks with the latter). The Hamdan is a monster hype horse but I don't think the Moulin suited him and I dunno, I just prefer him to the fav.

Champion - No bet here.

Balmoral - I like Nugget. Think a strongly run mile will really suit him.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 885 Posts
    Champion Stakes promises to be a proper tactical battle, but Wm Buick is one of the finest pace judges in the business, and lethal when allowed a soft lead.
    Moot point whether that occurs here, but I'd bet on him outhinking Mishriff's pilot.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Stayers - watching only. I did think about Berkshire Rocco ew for a while and haven't gone against the idea yet.

Sprint - happy to have Minzaal at 25/1 but will be surprised if he's good enough. Brando at about 20s here puts his earlier long odds ventures into perspective. Happy, too, with Happy Romance as per the longshot thread but it strikes me as a glorified handicap.

Mares - Snowfall

Mile - Palace Pier should be good enough but not my kind of betting material.

10f - I want Mishriff to win but I hadn't seen Dubai Honour's recent win until this morning and he was visually very impressive. 13/2 to 4 places appeals.

Balmoral - the good thing will probably win but I'm happy with the longshots I've already taken.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Lots of Twitter posts saying Betfair is down, good day for it.
    "The owls are not what they seem"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 632 Posts
    Yes it wasn’t working for me via the Internet so I downloaded the App both on my phone and iPad and it’s fine.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    Ouch Strad!
    All comers, all grounds, all beaten!

This perfect mix of poetry and destruction.

Thanks
    Backers of Strad have every right to be unhappy with Dettori there.

I didn't have a bet in the race so no axe to grind but wtf was Dettori thinking.

Thanks
    Yeah I’m not a jockey basher but not his finest ride. Think a hungrier jockey probably would have won on him even allowing for the fact that it was a rough race.
    Hollie on the other hand rode a tricky horse exceptionally well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 927 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Messy race. Not a lot Frankie could do about it, but he had his chance and Strad can’t follow through nowadays. He’s been a fantastic star, but I hope he bows out now.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 997 Posts
    Blog Entries
    350 SEALIWAY 12/1 given too much to do in the arc.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barjon View Post
    Messy race. Not a lot Frankie could do about it, but he had his chance and Strad can’t follow through nowadays. He’s been a fantastic star, but I hope he bows out now.
    He had more trouble in running on Kinross.

Kinross being a hold up horse in a race like that, well the writing was on the wall.

I should have known, my fault.
    Last edited by Marb; 16th October 2021 at 2:14 PM.

Thanks
    Maybe a wee rush of adrenaline in Hollie there, maybe just going on a tad too soon on Glen Shiel?

Can't say they should have won but it might have been closer.

Place return on Minzaal at 25s ante-post to edge me in front on the meeting.

Thanks
    Well done Eshaada backers. True-run race and Snowfall just a bit jaded maybe.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

prince regent (16th October 2021)

Thanks
    My nephew has gone there today and asked me for some tips. So far I’ve given him Creative Force and Minzaal both ew and now Eshaada ew. I am VERY popular

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    Now i'm not steaming my balls off after Free Wind's absence and the lack of info spent more time on the old study.

Boat - Can't see a proper bet in this but there is a chance the front three might by feeling the Cadran in the legs so I'll back the Balding horse place only. He has Ascot form.

Sprint - Rohaan obv but I will cover on the Hamdan horse (re-watched his last race and one can upgrade it, he lost a length or so at the start)

Mares - Eshaada/Albaflora dutch. Gone with the fillies with Ascot form - have to have a go at getting Snowfall beat.

QE2 - Not sure Palace Pier likes the straight track. He was beat in this last year largely due to poor track position relative to the front two and he wasn't that great in the Queen Anne either - the form is rotten with the third actually in the handicap here later on in the card. Not keen on Alcohol Free either to be honest and so I might dutch the Hamdan again with The Revenant (depending on how the ground looks with the latter). The Hamdan is a monster hype horse but I don't think the Moulin suited him and I dunno, I just prefer him to the fav.

Champion - No bet here.

Balmoral - I like Nugget. Think a strongly run mile will really suit him.
    Well done with Eshaada.

Needless to say I was on her when she finished a fast finishing second at Royal Ascot, but decided to back Albaflora today.

This pretty much sums up my flat season this year.
    Last edited by Marb; 16th October 2021 at 2:44 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    Well done Eshaada backers. True-run race and Snowfall just a bit jaded maybe.
    That was nice but afraid just got the money back I lost on Rohaan who was woeful