Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: TH Ten To Follow Competition 2021 / 2022

Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 632 Posts
    Oh that’s great. Is everyone in agreement with a perpetual trophy? It can be added to around the plinth year by year (not expensive to get a small metal plaque at Timpsons to stick on with username and year).
    Should we run a poll on which trophy? I can photograph a few that are listed on eBay with the plinth included as that’s the cheapest way.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    Awesome work Grey. I can assist with building a spreadsheet for future comps if there isn't a template available already.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ep1987 For This Useful Post:

Grey (9th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanks very much Art, much appreciated.

And congratulations Paul on an excellent score and thoroughly deserved win, especially with your generous sponsorship. Plus a lovely gesture with the prize money too.

Very well done to EP1987 too for coming a gallant second.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wilsonl For This Useful Post:

ep1987 (9th June 2022)

Thanks
    Congratulations, Maruco for a great score and a really nice gesture for the new trophy, and many thanks to Grey for completing the results.

I'd be happy to help with running the competition as well, but don't think I could commit the time to do it alone (I know Roger spent a lot of time researching the horses for the list and then I think he had them all in trackers too) as I currently have a few biggish projects at work (plus extra challenges the pandemic and remote learning gave us). Maybe if there are a few people who would help we could set up some Google Docs to share (or GitHub).

Thanks
    Thanks for doing this, Grey.

Well done, Maruco. A nice gesture for the trophy as well.

Good pick on the Dark Horse, Euro. Let me know where to send the £50.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks
    Cheers archie. Can you just give it to a charity? I'll let you choose.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Euronymous For This Useful Post:

Grey (9th June 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    Cheers archie. Can you just give it to a charity? I'll let you choose.
    Nice gesture. Would 'Retraining of Racehorses' be ok?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to archie For This Useful Post:

Euronymous (14th June 2022)

Thanks
    Powerful work Art. Well done Mauruco.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Nice gesture. Would 'Retraining of Racehorses' be ok?
    Done.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to archie For This Useful Post:

Euronymous (14th June 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In terms of running the next TTF, would it help alleviate some of the administration if we simply set-up a Private League on the Tote website?

I confess, I can't recall if it's free to do so, or if you have to have a paid-on line to get involved.

PS. Congratulations to my old pal Maruco. He really is one jammy ba*stard.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 14th June 2022 at 3:02 PM.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    I think we have done so in the past? So we would have to enter the Tote comp which means paying. Personally I wouldn't.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnyj View Post
    I think we have done so in the past? So we would have to enter the Tote comp which means paying. Personally I wouldn't.
    I wonder if we could maybe use their list of horses though? I think that would be one of the most time consuming parts of the competition - I think I remember Roger saying that he started mid summer to compile his list.

Thanks
    There is always a free tote competition which runs alongside the paid one.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Compo is underway from what I can tell.

Thanks
    You don't have to pay to enter the competition to be eligible for the free comp.
    you can form a league too...

Thanks
    From Jinnyj

TH Ten To Follow Competition 2021 / 2022

The TTF competition this season runs from Friday November 11th 2022 to Saturday April 30th 2023 inclusive.

We are indebted to Maruco (£100 to overall winner, £50 to runner up and a perpetual trophy). We are still in need of a sponsor for the Dark Horse Competition. The rules and conditions for the Ten To Follow competition are as follows:

Each forum member may select TWO TEAMS.

For each team select NINE horses from the list of 250 horses below and add ONE Dark Horse i.e one horse of your own choice which is not on the list, TEN IN TOTAL. In the event a team is submitted which contains more than nine list horses, only the first nine horses will count. If any of the first nine horses contain a horse not in the list of 200 horses, that horse will be omitted.

Teams must be submitted in alphabetical order with the Dark Horse as Horse Number 10.The Dark Horse ONLY must be followed by the name of its trainer.In any one team no more than three horses, including the Dark Horse, shall be from the same stable. Any team subsequently found to have breached that rule once the competition starts will be disqualified. Note teams not in alphabetical order will not be accepted.

Entries which have been "thanked" or “liked” indicate the entry has been accepted.

Closing date and time for entries is the start of the first race at Cheltenham which is 13.10 PM on Friday November 11th 2022. In the event the Forum is down or you prefer to keep your dark horse(s) to yourself until after entries close, entries can be PM’d or emailed to kirstin.boutflower@gmail.com

If there are any disputes during the TTF competition, my decision, after consulting with the relevant sponsors, will be final.

*** Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the list of 250 horses includes horses who will be running at some point during this season, this cannot be absolutely guaranteed. ***

Good luck everyone.

Points are awarded for National Hunt races in the UK and Ireland only and scoring is as follows, UK prize money in £ or Irish prize money in € as published in the RP.

In a race worth 100,000 or more to the winner, the winner scores 50 points.
    In a race worth between 75,000 and 99,999 to the winner, the winner scores 40 points.
    In a race worth between 50,000 and 74,999 to the winner, the winner scores 30 points.
    In a race worth between 30,000 and 49,999 to the winner, the winner scores 25 points.
    In a race worth between 25,000 and 29,999 to the winner, the winner scores 20 points.
    In a race worth between 15,000 and 24.999 to the winner, the winner scores 15 points.
    In a race worth between 10,000 and 14,999 to the winner, the winner scores 10 points.
    In a race worth up to 9,999 to the winner, the winner scores 5 points.
    In the event of a dead heat full points are still awarded but should any race be a walk over, no points are scored.

10 additional points will be awarded to the winner of any race at the Cheltenham Festival, the Irish Champion Hurdle, the Irish Gold Cup plus the Aintree Grand National.

A further 15 points will be awarded to the winner of the Champion Hurdle, Champion Chase, Ryanair Chase,Stayers Hurdle, Cheltenham Gold Cup and the Aintree Grand National. (i.e 75 points in total, 50+10+15)

Ten points will also be awarded to any horse finishing second at the Cheltenham Festival and five points to any horse finishing third.
    Last edited by EC21; 7th November 2022 at 3:36 PM.

Thanks
    Part two, sorry the bolding hasn't carried through, so everyone just read closely

BONUS POINTS
    Bonus points according to the official Tote Win Dividend in £ or € as printed in the RP for both Britain and Ireland, will also be awarded as follows. If no Tote Win Dividend is declared, the SP will determine any bonus points. Should neither a Tote Win Dividend nor a SP be returned, bonus points will not apply.

4 to 6...................4 points
    Over 6 to 10........6 points
    Over 10 to 14....10 points
    Over 14 to 20....15 points
    Over 20 to 33....20 points
    Over 33...............40 points

Dark Horses will score DOUBLE bonus points.

The official result on the day will be used for the calculation of points with any subsequent disqualification disregarded
    Points updates will be posted on Sunday evenings as of Sunday November 27th 2022 and each evening during the Cheltenham Festival as well as other occasions where there is a significant change to the leader board towards the end of the competition. During the Festival these may of convenience feature the top scoring entries only.

In the event of a tie at the close of the competition, the player whose Dark Horse has accumulated the most points shall be declared the winner. If there is still a tie, prize monies for the TTF will be divided equally amongst the players concerned.
    No substitutions will be allowed for the duration of this competition, although amendments may be made to your ten to follow teams prior to the start of the competition by making a new posting up to the closing date and time but please try and keep these to a minimum.

Thanks
    Thanks but can you post this on a completely new thread!

Thanks
    ok, just bolding them, should 22/23 too

Thanks
    Hi all,

Unsticking this thread. Let me know via PM when the new one is up and running and I'll stick that.