Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NH Stable Tours 2021/2022

Thanks
    Nicky Henderson (Racing Post) - Apologies for the amount of scrolling which'll be required but I can't post a link to a member's club item.

No Altior, no Santini, no chance? No way.

Nicky Henderson, by his sky-high standards, might have endured a trying time last season, but the bit is firmly between his teeth, as witnessed by the 42 winners he has already saddled this term.

That is 20 more than his tally by November 1 last year, so there is reason to be optimistic, despite the retirement of Altior and departure of Santini.

However, as if by magic, another star two-miler is in the ranks in the shape of the mighty Shishkin, who could be one of the best the Lambourn icon has trained. There is also confidence Chantry House – another leading novice chaser last season – can step up as a Gold Cup candidate alongside Champ, who, along with dethroned Champion Hurdle heroine Epatante, should feel the benefits of back surgery.

Cesarewtich winner Buzz and Buveur D'Air may be two intriguing darts to fire at the staying hurdling division, while the returning Angels Breath promises plenty if finding full fitness.

The young brigade aren't bad either. In fact, they have Henderson drooling, and Jonbon, I Am Maximus and Firestep should be high on any horses-to-follow list.

"Last year we said the novice chasers were our strength, but this year the novice hurdlers are extremely exciting," he said. "And they'll all be chasers in a year. You can't help but hope there are a few top ones in there."

Stable profile
    Yard Seven Barrows
    Where Lambourn, Berkshire
    Started training 1978
    Horses in yard 148
    Members of staff 57
    Second in command Charlie Morlock
    Head lad David Fehily
    Assistant trainers Billy Aprahamian, George Daly, Katie Croft
    Travelling head lads/lasses Richard Nicholas, Sarah Shreeve, Jack Findlater
    Jockeys Nico de Boinville, Jerry McGrath, James Bowen, Daryl Jacob, Aidan Coleman
    Conditional Ben Ffrench Davis
    PA Carolyn Harty
    Accounts Marie McClure
    Stable sponsor Unibet
    Twitter @sevenbarrows

Winners in Britain

2020-21 103
    2019-20 118
    2018-19 141
    2017-18 141
    2016-17 154

Profit/loss to £1 stake

2020-21 -£134.62
    2019-20 -£45.87
    2018-19 -£14.75
    2017-18 -£76.49
    2016-17 -£113.50

Prize-money 2020-21

£1,490,241

Dark horse
    Ahorsewithnoname
    6m Cacique - Sea Of Galilee
    DJ Burke & P Alderson
    431/26-
    RPR 125h
    She's not the biggest but is sweet and kind with it. She was useful on the Flat before a respectable second on her debut over hurdles last year, but a few things went against her and she disappointed when last seen. The positive of that is she remains a novice.

Allart
    7g Shantou - The Adare Woman
    Ronnie Bartlett
    F115/1F-
    RPR 155c OR 152c
    He's a quality animal and impressed on his debut over fences at Ascot, but we never got him back after he fell at Haydock and he suffered a serious, horrible injury over the summer. Celia Marr, who helped Sprinter Sacre out of trouble, has been great and he's cantering now and is getting there. He was a bit uncoordinated but has improved a lot. His owner deserves a change of luck.

Amazing Presence
    5m Presenting - Tarla
    Sharon Kinsella & Jane Allison
    85-
    RPR 95b
    She has her quirks so we've had to go gently, but she ran a respectable race in her second bumper, jumps pleasingly and is stronger, so I'm confident her owners' patience will be rewarded over hurdles.

Angels Breath
    7g Shantou - Mystic Masie
    Walters Plant Hire & Ronnie Bartlett
    1273/11/
    RPR 158c OR 153c
    We're holding our breath. He was a top novice hurdler and was brilliant in his first two outings over fences, but he severed a tendon on the last of those and has been off since. It's a long build-up, but so far so good and he must have done a million miles on our deep sand gallop. I'm finding it hard to get the weight off him, but I'm not going anywhere apart from that sand until it rains and we can get on the grass – there'll be no trips up the all-weather for him and his delicate legs. It'll be a crime if he doesn't make it and prove he's as exceptional as we think.

Another Brown Bear
    5g Shirocco - Full Of Spirit
    GB Barlow
    RPR 60h
    I was a bit disappointed with him at Uttoxeter, where he finished behind The Bomber Liston, another of ours. I know he's better than that and I didn't actually think there'd be much between them, although the other horse had experience under rules and this fella had run only in points, so he'll come on for it.

Another Venture
    10g Stowaway - Hard Luck
    Louise Daly & partners
    263/1FP-
    RPR 139c; OR 138c
    Formerly with Kim Bailey, he's been bought with hunter chasing in mind and is quite a character. He's done plenty of roadwork with my assistant George Daly's family.

Balco Coastal
    5g Coastal Path - Fliugika
    Michael Blandford
    17-
    RPR 130b
    He looked special in a bumper at Kempton but disappointed at Aintree in the Grade 2 edition there, although that's an impossible race for us. He's an exciting novice hurdler with bags of speed and a huge future.

Balkeo
    4g Galiway - Hukba
    Marie Donnelly
    32-2
    RPR 116h
    He's gorgeous and reminds me of L'Ami Serge, an old favourite who also arrived here with solid Auteuil form. He looks a chaser but could be classy over hurdles first.

Ballycross
    10g King's Theatre - Ninna Nanna
    Oscar Singh & Priya Purewal
    2/5344-3
    RPR 140c OR 120c
    He loves soft ground and Sandown's military races, which didn't take place last season because of the pandemic, will be his aim for our assistant Billy Aprahamian, who's a capable rider.

Barbados Blue
    7m Getaway - Buck's Blue
    Crimbourne Bloodstock
    1/0424-3
    RPR 127h OR 121h
    She's a lovely, consistent mare. We schooled her over fences in the spring and she found them easier than hurdles, so we'll go chasing and she could take high rank in her division.

Barely Famous
    5m Fame And Glory - Cause Celebre
    Bridget Hanbury
    52-12
    RPR 116h OR 113h
    She's likeable and did nothing wrong over hurdles, but I think chasing will come sooner rather than later – that's something we can look forward to. Three miles should suit.

Baron Nelson
    5g Mount Nelson - Toolentidhaar
    Michael Blencowe
    602-34P
    RPR 111h OR 103h
    I thought he was a ready-made winner for his new owner, but he hasn't got the hang of things yet. However, his jumping has improved and stepping up in trip will help.

Blairgowrie
    5g Yeats - Gaye Preskina
    Highclere Thoroughbred Racing
    33-
    RPR 111b
    I've always liked this horse, who was third in competitive bumpers at Warwick and Newbury, and Nico feels the same. He's a gorgeous, strapping type, essentially a chaser, but has schooled in style over hurdles.

Blue Heaven
    4f Blue Bresil - Spring Flight
    The Queen
    RPR 94b
    That wasn't her true running at Ludlow in May, but she'd gone close at Fontwell before that and has always shown ability, so I'm looking forward to her over hurdles.

Blue Stello
    5g Spider Flight - Benina
    Owners Group 081
    2- (point-to-point)
    RPR 89p
    His work in the spring was encouraging and he's returned from his summer break in great nick. He's a budding chaser, so beginning over hurdles is perhaps more likely than a bumper.

Bond's Lover
    7m Flemensfirth - Courageuse
    Bridget Hanbury
    1/P3
    RPR 122h OR 120h
    We couldn't get her right, so last season was a fruitless one, but she's a strapping sort and has the makings of an up-to-scratch novice chaser. She loves soft ground.

Bothwell Bridge
    6g Stowaway - Raise The Issue
    Nick Mustoe & Vikki Dunn
    22/131P-
    RPR 134h OR 131h
    He showed decent form over hurdles, albeit not at Aintree's Grand National meeting. I'll be disappointed if he's not a leading novice chaser this term.

Brave Eagle
    9g Yeats - Sinful Pleasure
    Robert Kirkland
    180/5F-4
    RPR 159c OR 149c
    He's been great and is so consistent, winning five over hurdles and four over fences, but he injured his hock at Newcastle last year. I was thrilled with his run at Chepstow this month considering the time he'd been off. It was a splendid first run and I've thought about the Ladbrokes Trophy at Newbury.

Brilliant Present
    5m Presenting - Ouro Preto
    Mr & Mrs JD Cotton
    61-5
    RPR 97h
    She took time, like her brother Gold Present whom we had here, but she won a Lingfield bumper and should have a productive time as a novice hurdler.

Burrows Edge
    8g Martaline - La Vie De Boitron
    Michael Buckley
    6/23/F10/
    RPR 137h OR 137h
    He won the Lanzarote in 2020 but suffered a freak injury and missed last season when he should have been a high-class novice chaser. Hopefully he can make hay over fences with his problems behind him.

Broomfield Burg
    5g Sageburg - Somedaysomehow
    JP McManus
    7-11
    RPR 117h
    I thought he'd win his first start for us but he was too keen. We rode him conservatively next time and he was different gear, before another easy win over hurdles when he jumped beautifully. There's no doubt he's a massive talent and an exciting novice.

Buttsbury Lady
    6m Great Pretender - Ceilidh Royal
    Rita Brown
    54436-2
    RPR 111h OR 109h
    From a family we know inside out, she ran with credit over hurdles last season but didn't win, so we'll continue down that route as a novice, although she'd jump a fence if needed.

Buveur D'Air
    10g Crillon - History
    JP McManus
    F2/12/24
    RPR 171h OR 157h
    He needs little introduction after winning two Champion Hurdles for us and the intention is to return this season after he suffered a leg injury in the spring. We wanted to try three miles at Punchestown with him before that problem and hopefully still can.

Buzz
    7g Motivator - Tiysha
    Thurloe For Royal Marsden Cancer Charity
    4/31252-
    RPR 157h OR 155h
    The Cesarewitch was a plan hatched by the Stafford family, who founded Thurloe, while he was in the field, so we had to drag him in pretty quickly. He came in on July 12 and got to Newmarket on October 9 without time for a prep race, although he did have a single-horse gallop around Newbury. It was a remarkable performance as he couldn't afford to miss a beat the whole way through and I had to fire it at him, yet he won. We could start him at two and a half miles in the Coral Hurdle at Ascot next month, but there's also the West Yorkshire Hurdle at Wetherby this month and Newbury's Long Distance Hurdle – we'll wait for the rain as soft ground will make a huge difference to him.

Captain Morgs
    5g Milan - Gold Dunn
    The Albatross Club
    21220F-
    RPR 130h OR 125h
    I like him a lot and thought he had a terrific chance in Sandown's EBF Final, but it was run on bottomless ground and then he had a silly fall at Kempton, when I wanted to end the season on a positive note. He'll be a chaser one day but could have unfinished business over hurdles.

Caribean Boy
    7g Myboycharlie - Caribena
    Simon Munir & Isaac Souede
    1/1347P-
    RPR 156c OR 150c
    He can blow hot and cold but was fantastic when winning first time out at Newbury last year, although his subsequent handicap mark made life tougher. I don't think he wants bottomless ground and his trip is probably 2m4f, maybe 2m6f. He'll win a big one when it all clicks.

Casablanca Mix
    9m Shirocco - Latitude
    Evan-Robert Hanbury
    14/224-7
    RPR 154c; OR 143c
    She's a faultless jumper and consistent mare who has won twice at Listed level, but her reappearance at Market Rasen on Saturday suggests she probably wants three miles now. I'm optimistic she has more to offer over that trip, especially on a sound surface.

Cascova
    6g Casamento - Sina Cova
    Chelsea Thoroughbreds – Cascova
    0/P/2P21-
    RPR 132h OR 132h
    He can be keen but has settled down and impressed over hurdles on his last appearance. He's a sizeable, quality horse and I don't think he'll have trouble making his mark as a novice chaser.

Star quality
    Champ
    9g King's Theatre - China Sky
    JP McManus
    11F1/2P-
    RPR 170c OR 165c
    No-one will forget his extraordinary win in the RSA, but he started late last season. His jumping was spectacular over two miles in Newbury's Game Spirit, which looked an ideal prep for the Gold Cup, but he's had back issues and they needed attention again after Cheltenham, when he literally couldn't jump. I'm sure he's a Gold Cup horse and hope the surgery can help prove that. He has a preference for going left-handed and we're eyeing the Betfair Chase at Haydock next month.

Star quality
    Chantry House
    7g Yeats - The Last Bank
    JP McManus
    3/13111-
    RPR 167h OR 162c
    He starred on his chasing debut at Ascot but didn't sparkle at Cheltenham, so he had surgery for kissing spines. He then produced another polished display at Wetherby before a superb performance in the Marsh at the festival. We upped him to three miles for the Mildmay at Aintree and he excelled again. I think his future lies in the staying division, although he's got the speed for shorter, and I hope he reaches the top. He's set to start in a 3m intermediate chase at Sandown next month, which we've won with Might Bite, Santini and Pym.

Chasamax
    6g Jeremy - Peratus
    International Plywood (Importers) Ltd
    825-114
    RPR 118h OR 118h
    He's a consistent sort at his best when bowling along over two miles. He likes decent ground so will continue on that this autumn.

City Chief
    4g Soldier Of Fortune - Galant Ferns
    Marie Donnelly
    RPR 92p (point-to-point)
    He's a striking sort who looked impressive in his point and is a fine prospect. He could begin in a bumper but will be hurdling soon.

Chives
    7g Sulamani - Ceilidh Royal
    Rita Brown
    33-1131
    RPR 115h OR 116h
    He got off the mark at Bangor in May and has built on that, winning twice more over hurdles. He should stay well and is improving all the time.

Clean Getaway
    4g Getaway - Dee Two O Two
    Unique Financial Racing Partnership
    RPR 86b
    He's lively but is a great character. He didn't run as I anticipated in his bumper, but I'm confident he's considerably gifted and suspect we'll try to win a bumper before hurdling.

Colonial Dreams
    9g Westerner - Dochas Supreme
    CN Barnes
    1/86/032-
    RPR 138h OR 136h
    He hasn't taken to jumping fences, so we stayed hurdling, which can make life tough as the handicapper has him. However, he's consistent and capable, as he showed when nearly winning a valuable prize at Haydock in April, and I'm optimistic he has a decent pot in him.

Commodore Miller
    4g Blue Bresil - Milliegait
    HP Racing Commodore Miller
    RPR 60b
    He was going nicely at home but failed to perform on his debut. He's a lot better than that, though, and should have a bright future.

Constitution Hill
    4 Blue Bresil - Queen Of The Stage
    Michael Buckley
    2-
    RPR 91b
    He's a striking youngster who's come from the Barry Geraghty academy, which has produced the likes of Bobs Worth and Brain Power, so he's got a lot to live up to. He looks a nascent chaser, but Barry says he's not short of pace, so we can start him wherever.

Craignieche
    7g Flemensfirth - Itsalark
    Robert Kirkland
    131/12-
    RPR 143h OR 142h
    He won a competitive handicap hurdle at Ascot in style before a fine second in the Coral Cup. Chasing is the plan and he stays two and a half miles strongly, so should get further. He's exciting.

Crystal Gazing
    6m Sulamani - Crystal Princess
    Harper Girls
    8-414O14
    RPR 111 OR 111
    She's a fun summer horse who won at Bangor in July before following up at Warwick recently. She didn't run badly at Stratford on Saturday, but two miles on a track like that was just too sharp for her.

Dame De Compagnie
    8m Lucarno - Programmee
    JP McManus
    11/1U9-7
    RPR 147c OR 145c
    She began last season with a comfortable win over fences at Ayr but, trying to find a route to the Mares' Chase at Cheltenham, we forced her into the Scilly Isles and she was badly hampered. I'm confident she can get her chasing career back on track and she handles any ground.

Dickie Diver
    8g Gold Well - Merry Excuse
    JP McManus
    214/24-
    RPR 145c OR 142c
    He's undoubtedly talented but not the easiest to train. He was fourth to Monkfish at the festival and has serious potential as a novice chaser if we can keep him in one piece.

Docte Dina
    7m Doctor Dino - Artofmen
    Walters Plant Hire & Potter Group
    P129-26
    RPR 119c OR 117c
    She went over fences in the spring but we could bring her back to perhaps win a maiden hurdle and then go chasing again. She's a big, sturdy mare and that's where her future is.

Doddiethegreat
    5g Fame And Glory - Asturienne
    Kenny Alexander
    11-
    RPR 121b
    A dual bumper winner, he's one of our brightest lights for novice hurdling and has schooled smartly. He's going to be a chaser in time and is potentially top drawer.

Dusart
    6g Flemensfirth - Dusty Too
    Ronnie Bartlett
    13-
    RPR 146h; OR 141h
    He's a half-brother to Simonsig, who was a star for us, and was flawless on his debut at Newbury 11 months ago, but an unfortunate injury required significant surgery. Amazingly, he got back for Aintree and I should have run him over two and a half miles, but he was a creditable third in the 2m Grade 1. He's strengthened considerably and is a chaser, but having had only two races he might want some more experience before he jumps a fence. Therefore, we'll likely kick off over hurdles and it would be super to find a nice, easy race, but God knows where that will be! He's in that horrible position of being an inexperienced non-novice, but he could be destined for major things.

Elusive Belle
    7m Elusive Pimpernel - Soviet Belle
    Annabel Waley-Cohen & family
    25/5130-
    RPR 144c OR 142c
    She's gifted and won comfortably at Newbury after we switched her to fences last season. I'm sure she can progress again as a chaser before her second career as a broodmare.

Emir Sacree
    7g Network - Altesse Sacree
    GL Porter
    222F/16-
    RPR 131h OR 130h
    He surprised us when winning a handicap hurdle at Ascot in December. He wants deep ground, so we put him away when conditions dried in the spring. He ran over fences in France and should be a useful novice chaser this winter.

Star quality
    Epatante
    7m No Risk At All - Kadjara
    JP McManus
    11/123-3
    RPR 163h OR 154h
    Everything looked in place for a similar campaign to when she won the Champion Hurdle in 2020 after her excellent reappearance in the Fighting Fifth, but she was beaten in the Christmas Hurdle and then finished third to Honeysuckle in the Champion Hurdle and at Punchestown. She's had a full MOT, with particular attention to her back, and I'm hopeful she can return to her sparkling best, when she's such a quick and accurate jumper. She'll head to Newcastle for Fighting Fifth again, although Honeysuckle will be a tough nut to crack later in the campaign.

Fable
    6m Coastal Path - Toscane Des Fleurs
    Owners Group 078
    211-
    RPR 123h OR 128h
    She was a revelation last season as she didn't show much at home yet won twice over hurdles after finishing second on her debut. We have lots to look forward to and I'm tempted by a Listed race over hurdles to see if she's that level and to get some black type. Otherwise she's ready to go chasing, which I know Nico is keen on. She won't have any problem staying and relishes soft ground.

Fairy Rose
    5m Martaline - Valleyofthedolls
    Rose Tinted Glasses
    RPR 83b
    She's made the frame in two bumpers. She goes well at home and has ability, so it will be frustrating if she can't win a mares' novice hurdle, perhaps beyond two miles.

Falco Blitz
    7g Falco - Ignited
    Axom LXXVII
    52142-7
    RPR 147c OR 143h
    He's a reliable performer who had a decent first campaign over fences and I'm confident he can improve in that sphere, although it might be helpful to stick to left-handed tracks.

Fantastic Lady
    6m Network - Latitude
    Evan-Robert Hanbury
    4F1-5
    RPR 127h OR 127h
    She's an attractive mare who won over hurdles. It's no surprise jumping is her strength as she's closely related to Casablanca Mix, so we'll go chasing. The outlook is positive for her.

Farouk De Cheneau
    6g Day Flight - Kardamone
    Owners Group 049
    2717/
    RPR 128h OR 127h
    A leg injury has limited him to one run for us, but we like him a lot and he's fully repaired now so, touch wood, he retains potential.

Father John
    6g Secret Singer - Oudette
    Middleham Park Racing XI
    1/8-5P1
    RPR 112h OR 121h
    He's had a terrible time of things. He won his bumper and we held him in high regard, but then he had a couple of trying years. At least he got back on the winning trail at Worcester recently, although the handicapper has overrated the race by miles; it wasn't a strong contest and fell apart, but he's the option of novice hurdles.

Firestep
    5g Mahler - Springinherstep
    Charles Dingwall & The Infamous Five
    11-
    RPR 117b
    He's exciting and won bumpers at Southwell and Chepstow. He has the scope to make a classy chaser one day, but there's work to be done over hurdles first and I'll be gutted if he doesn't excel at that. He might go up to two and a half miles and has schooled brilliantly.

First Street
    4g Golden Horn - Ladys First
    Lady Bamford & Alice Bamford
    RPR 130h OR 132h
    He'd done everything right but was too free in the Persian War at Chepstow the other day, so we've cauterised his palate as we think that's what was causing him to run too keenly. He might want some cut in the ground anyway and will be back shortly.

Fix Sun
    6g Al Namix - Quelly Bruere
    2/07-1P5
    RPR 136h OR 137h
    He won his first two for us but has been lightly raced since. He remains capable and will run until the autumn, with fences a possibility.

Follow The Bear
    9g King's Theatre - Mrs Dempsey
    GB Barlow
    112P/44-
    RPR 132c OR 132c
    He's a four-time winner over hurdles who prefers a sound surface. He hasn't won over fences but jumps tidily and should be able to go on before a winter break.

Fred
    6g Cokoriko - Veribelle
    3311/40-
    RPR 137c OR 140c
    We had high hopes for him as a novice chaser last term but rather lost him. He had minor issues after running in the Betfair Hurdle, so he's had a long break. We could go back over fences and fingers crossed he can regain his 2019-20 form.

French Crusader
    8g Kapgarde - Largesse
    Robert Kirkland
    21/2/8P8
    RPR 141h OR 124h
    He's been plagued by niggling problems since his stellar second to Epatante in the 2019 Gerry Feilden. He still has time on his side but is struggling to recapture that form and we're investigating his breathing.

Fugitives Drift
    6g Yeats - Shebeganit
    HP Racing Fugitives Drift
    10653-1
    RPR 116c OR 129c
    A productive hurdler, he won over fences at Cartmel in May, although I was slightly nervous as that was two miles on a tight track. I think he wants two and a half miles and he should have a lucrative chasing career.

Full Of Light
    5g Leading Light - Scartara
    Deva Racing Full Of Light
    RPR 113b
    He's a good-looking grey who won a bumper in Ireland in May. He's likely to go hurdling and looks the type we can get on with.

Fusil Raffles
    6g Saint Des Saints - Tali Des Obeaux
    1P12P-2
    RPR 161c OR 156c
    He's one of the most likeable horses you could come across. He was a Grade 1-winning juvenile hurdler and went novice chasing last term, winning three before finishing second to Chantry House at Cheltenham. He ran a great race in impossible conditions giving 12lb to Bravemansgame at Newton Abbot this month – sometimes you've just got to get a race under their belts at this stage of the season. He might be hard to place but I'm convinced he has more to give.

Gallyhill
    6g Getaway - Tanit
    Claudio Michael Grech
    12P-
    RPR 138h OR 136h
    He's a handsome horse and an out-and-out three-mile chaser in the making. He goes over fences after showing the right signs as a hurdler last season, when he won a large-field Newbury novice.

Gipsy De Choisel
    5g Great Pretender - Beautiful Choice
    135F-
    RPR 132h OR 130h
    He ran with credit on his first start for us at Ascot last year but suffered a heavy fall when last seen at Ffos Las in April and might not be out until later in the campaign.

Glynn
    7g Winged Love - Barnish River
    Owners Group 039
    1/2PP-2
    RPR 137h OR 135h
    Things haven't been easy since his fabulous debut in January 2020 and we did every test under the sun before an encouraging second at Hexham in June. We've schooled him over fences and that's been excellent, so we can look forward to novice chasing.

Go Chique
    5m Crillon - Similaresisoldofa
    Middleham Park Racing CX
    152841-
    RPR 117h 113h
    She's a sweet mare who won a bumper first time out and stepped up to three miles to win at Southwell in April. I'm confident she can progress a long way as a stayer.

Go Sacre Go
    5g Network - Altesse Sacree
    GL Porter
    P/5-
    RPR 88h
    He's a big, beautiful gelding and the summer has been the making of him. He should show up in decent novice hurdles before chasing in a year's time.

Goodbye Stranger
    4g Kapgarde - Romaneda
    13-
    RPR 125h OR 126h
    He won cosily at Newbury and didn't do much wrong when third at Warwick, but he picked up an injury that day and won't be out for a while.

Gran Luna
    5f Spanish Moon - Coppena
    Surrey Racing (GL)
    1/131-
    RPR 122h OR 121h
    She's lovely. Things went wrong last season, but she ended it by winning at Chepstow and has considerable talent. She can still go a long way over hurdles but is big enough for fences if need be.

Grand Mogul
    7g Presenting - Oligarch Society
    Bridget Hanbury
    P6/152-1
    RPR 141c OR 132c
    He jumped magnificently on his chasing debut at Kelso in May, confirming what we knew – he's a chaser in the making and, with luck, a smart one over three miles.

Hamilton's Fantasy
    6m Mount Nelson - Romantic Dream
    The Queen
    205-
    RPR 98h
    She's not the luckiest but is big and strong and has ability. She showed that in a bumper first time out and, with a clear run, she can do the same over hurdles.

Haul Away
    8g Stowaway - Lisacul Queen
    Robert Kirkland
    RPR 128c OR 127c
    He's an admirable horse who has won four of his last six during quite a busy summer. We could take him to Cheltenham on Saturday and try to get him qualified for the Pertemps Final and then give him a holiday before coming back in the spring.

Heross Du Seuil
    4g Rail Link - Tulipe Du Seuil
    Marie Donnelly
    112-2
    RPR 121h OR 125h
    I was mindful to keep him out of the deep end last season as I think he's a horse with a ton of improvement in him. He's grown into an imposing individual, but he's only four so will probably stay over hurdles. The future's bright.

High Worth
    4g Universal - High Benefit
    Middleham Park Racing XCV
    27-
    RPR 104b
    He disappointed last time, but a few of ours did that day. He's a big, striking youngster who jumps fluently, so I'll be miffed if he doesn't shine over hurdles.

Hob House
    4g Walk In The Park - Tante Sissi
    JP McManus
    1-
    RPR 106b
    He's closely related to Epatante. He was a handful but has settled down and won a Southwell bumper in style. He'll be more than adequate over hurdles, but chasing is his game.

Hooper
    5g Rip Van Winkle - Earth Amber
    Pump & Plant Services Ltd
    116U20
    RPR 141h OR 137h
    He's already played a blinder in 2021 with five wins. He likes decent ground, so is due a holiday, but I'm glad to say his three-year-old half-sister Luccia, who is by The Gurkha, is on her way to appear in bumpers when the time is right.

Horn Cape
    4g Fame And Glory - Capstone
    JP McManus
    617-
    RPR 86b
    He showed plenty and we fancied him for a Newbury bumper last season, but he didn't fire. However, he has the size, scope and ability to put that right over hurdles.

I Am Maximus
    5g Authorized - Polysheba
    Claudio Michael Grech
    1-
    RPR 125b
    He's one of the most exciting prospects we've had for a long time. He won a Cheltenham bumper last year, beating the top-class My Drogo, but we couldn't run again after niggly problems, although that wasn't a big deal. He's bigger and stronger for hurdling now and is all schooled up. We don't know how good he could be, so just dream he can live up to expectations.

Ile De Jersey
    3f Night Wish - Zenita Des Brosses
    Owners Group 094
    She's sweet with lovely big ears and arrives here having won over hurdles in the provinces in France. She's likeable and I reckon we could have some fun with her in juvenile hurdles.

Impulsive One
    3g Union Rags - Hokey Okey
    RPR 116h OR 127h
    An ex-William Haggas inmate, he produced two slick displays to win at Plumpton and Huntingdon and lost little when second at Kempton on Sunday. He was conceding weight to the winner, who also had a claimer on board. Our guy loves fast ground, so might run again this side of the winter.

Indian Glory
    6m Fame And Glory - Real Papoose
    International Plywood (Importers) Ltd
    9/5-7
    RPR 45h
    She's a likeable mare but was disappointing at Bangor three weeks ago. As my old school master might have said to me on occasions, she's got to do better.

Italian Legend
    6g Fame And Glory - Alannico
    Robert Kirkland
    303-
    RPR 111h
    I've always thought highly of him and, despite some problems, he's shown promise, including when third at Warwick in April. Maturity can help him develop into a capable novice hurdler and then chaser.

Janika
    8g Saddler Maker - Majaka
    42/950-6
    RPR 167c OR 153c
    He's been a stalwart for us but took ages to sparkle last winter. However, he ran a blinder when fifth in the Coral Cup when we tried to exploit a lower hurdle mark. Not for the first time, we had to cauterise his palate following his run at Chepstow recently, when he went well for a long way but something was stopping him and Daryl said he'd gone back to making noises. That procedure won't take long to get over and he's a great jumper, so we've put him in the Grand Sefton over the National fences next month.

Jen's Boy
    7g Malinas - Friendly Craic
    Middleham Park Racing CV
    2P-3384
    RPR 115h OR 110h
    He isn't the biggest so we went back over hurdles at Hereford last week and he's another who needs to do better. He won't be seen in the depths of winter.

Jonbon
    5g Walk In The Park - Star Face
    JP McManus
    1-
    RPR 124b
    He's Douvan's brother and we'd like to think he's special. He demolished his rivals in his point before joining us and did everything right in his bumper at Newbury, quickening in style. He's done magnificently over the summer, jumps neatly and has a cracking attitude. He's one of our major arrows for novice hurdling.

Keen On
    7g Kayf Tara - Romantic Dream
    The Queen
    21140/
    RPR 133h OR 133h
    He missed last year with a problem, but he showed more than enough over hurdles and it's brilliant to have him back. He should make a smashing chaser.

Kimmins
    6m High Chaparral - Tinagoodnight
    JP McManus
    43-23
    RPR 103h
    She's a beautifully bred half-sister to Santini. She hasn't made headlines but has grown over the summer and can figure in mares' novice hurdles.

Kincardine
    4g Kayf Tara - Side Step
    The Queen
    RPR 101b
    Like Keen On, he's exciting for the Queen and created an enormous impression when winning his bumper at Southwell. He'd like cut in the ground and is a wonderful prospect for hurdling.

King Ottokar
    5g Motivator - Treasure
    Susan Roy
    56-0376 (Flat)
    He was a high-class horse on the Flat and adores soft ground. He's with Henrietta Knight learning to jump at the moment and enjoys it, so he could be exciting.

Lady D'Arbanville
    3f Authorized - Miracle Maid
    DJ Burke
    Unraced
    We liked what we saw of her in the spring and she has lots going for her, being related to plenty of winners including Katchit. She's likely to start in a bumper and is up to winning one.

Lecale's Article
    7g Malinas - Brookville
    Marie Donnelly
    123-
    RPR 123h
    He had some time out but recorded respectable form over hurdles last season. Chasing is undoubtedly the name of the game now and he has the size, shape and scope to distinguish himself.

Lelantos
    5g Presenting - Western Focus
    Middleham Park Racing XCI
    05-5258
    RPR 99h OR 95h
    He enjoys decent ground and three miles should suit him. He could go chasing as he jumps proficiently.

Lilly Pedlar
    6m Yeats - Mathine
    Hot To Trot Jumping
    2323P-1
    RPR 122h OR 123h
    She's a lean machine who carries no condition. She was third in Newbury's mares' final before winning comfortably at Ffos Las. She has the scope for fences, so I suspect that's what we'll do before she retires at the end of the season.

Lust For Glory
    8m Getaway - Maisie Presenting
    Annabel Waley-Cohen & family
    1413P6-
    RPR 136c OR 129c
    Her wins over fences came on soft and heavy last season, but I don't think she minds any ground and it would be marvellous if she could strike again before joining the Waley-Cohen family's broodmare band. She has a similar profile to their Elusive Belle but stays further.

Marie's Rock
    6m Milan - By The Hour
    Middleham Park Racing XLII
    111/73-
    RPR 136h OR 138h
    She's extremely talented and miles better than she showed last season. She's had a favourable summer, looks great and, with a bit of luck, she should get back to winning ways.

Marmalaid
    4f Martaline - Miracle Maid
    DJ Burke & P Alderson
    5-
    RPR 91b
    She didn't run as I expected on her debut, but the ground was probably quick enough and dried further before we could run again. She's done brilliantly over the summer, jumps well and is bigger and burlier for hurdles, possibly over two and a half miles.

Mengli Khan
    8g Lope De Vega - Danielli
    Michael Blencowe
    417220-
    RPR 155c OR 143c
    It's amazing given his size that he began as a juvenile on the Flat and he doesn't behave like an eight-year-old now, so I have faith he can give his enthusiastic owner some fun this term.

Mill Green
    9g Black Sam Bellamy - Ceilidh Royal
    Rita Brown
    6/547-1F
    RPR 143c OR 138c
    He was productive over hurdles, winning three, and did it nicely on his chasing debut at Ffos Las before falling at Worcester. The handicapper has him high enough, but he can still progress over fences.

Mind Sunday
    5m Never On Sunday - Mind Master
    Walters Plant Hire
    00/10-
    RPR 113b
    She was highly thought of but disappointed in Ireland. She corrected that for us when strolling home at Newbury, although she failed to act in Aintree's mares' bumper at the National meeting. She jumps well and we can't wait to see her over hurdles.

Mister Coffey
    6g Authorized - Mamitador
    Lady Bamford & Alice Bamford
    12/1374-
    RPR 142h OR 138h
    He's handsome, imposing and talented. He bolted up on his first appearance last season, but the handicapper took note and we were forced up in grade, although he didn't fare badly. His game has always been chasing and he could be Cheltenham material in the spring. He has the speed for two miles.

Mister Fisher
    7g Jeremy - That's Amazing
    James & Jean Potter
    4/P1PU2-
    RPR 168c OR 162c
    We've always adored him. He won the rearranged Peterborough Chase at Cheltenham but unseated when trying 3m1f in the Bowl at Aintree. I'm keen to try that trip again, especially as he was a neck second over 2m6f in the Oaksey Chase at Sandown. Wetherby's Charlie Hall could be an option, although it might come a bit soon.

Monte Cristo
    5g Montmartre - Rylara Des Brosses
    41/8109-
    RPR 148h OR 144h
    He's a grand type blessed with raw potential. He went up 12lb after storming home at Kempton on Boxing Day and it was a rush to get him to Cheltenham after a setback, but he would have run a cracker in the Coral Cup if he hadn't been hampered. I'm desperate to see him chasing.

Moonlight Flit
    5g Getaway - Dreaming On
    Thurloe 57
    79-2
    RPR 106h
    He showed his true colours when second over hurdles at Warwick in the spring. Two and a half miles on soft ground will be his thing. He has a bright future over hurdles and then fences.

Morning Vicar
    8g Beneficial - Mary's Little Vic
    The Parishioners
    2178U1-
    RPR 142c OR 140c
    He's a great character and one we're fond of. He's consistent but didn't stay in the Kim Muir and then unseated over the National fences in the Topham, although I'm keen to try those obstacles again. There are more fun days ahead.

Mot A Mot
    5g Martaline - Gaily Zest
    Walters Plant Hire & Potters Group
    410-
    RPR 113h
    It was remarkable how he won at Chepstow after the rein broke, but James Bowen did a fantastic job. Aintree's bumper didn't suit him, but he's grown into a magnificent horse. He'll get further than two miles and loves soft ground, so should be a leading prospect for hurdling and chasing down the line.

Mount Pleasant
    4g Mount Nelson - Polish Belle
    Michael Blencowe
    Unraced
    Drying ground prevented a run in the spring, but the time will benefit him and he's developed pleasingly since. He could start in a bumper before hurdling and has a fine future.

No Ordinary Joe
    5g Getaway - Shadow Dearg
    JP McManus
    14-11
    RPR 132h OR 133h
    A chaser in the making, he ran over hurdles last season and was an encouraging fourth behind My Drogo at Ascot, but we didn't run him until the new campaign and he won as he liked at Southwell and Worcester. We'll look at decent novice hurdles over two and a half miles and he should go a long way down that road.

On The Blind Side
    9g Stowaway - Such A Set Up
    Alan Spence
    221365-
    RPR 154c OR 152c
    You wouldn't find a nicer horse and he's part of the furniture. He's probably not Grade 1 level but is admirably consistent and won twice over hurdles last season. We could go back chasing or mix and match to keep him amused.

Overpriced Mixer
    4g Harbour Watch - Chincoteague
    Owners Group 051
    1U86-
    RPR 118h OR 122h
    A lameness issue meant he didn't run after March, but he won first time out over hurdles and I'm looking forward to his return. I believe he can progress for his passionate owners, although maybe not on deep winter ground.

Paris Dixie
    6m Champs Elysees - Last Of The Dixies
    Owners Group 037
    1/2577-0
    RPR 112h OR 110h
    She's a charming, not overly large mare, but she didn't reproduce her second on her first outing for us and I don't know why. She remains a maiden and we can rectify that.

Parisian Blue
    5m Getaway - Another Evening
    Crimbourne Bloodstock
    3-6
    RPR 96b
    She showed promise in her bumpers and is a lovely, scopey sort so will be going over hurdles for the Verdana Blue team. Hopefully she can be as much fun.

Paros
    4g Masterstroke - Soft Blue
    Middleham Park Racing CXXV
    14815-
    RPR 123h OR 135h
    He had a tendency to go right and pull quite hard, so taking him to Musselburgh and making all was the right decision and he showed how capable he was. There wasn't much left so we went for the Grade 1 juvenile at Aintree and I think we've sorted why he was hanging. He's done incredibly over the summer and is open to improvement over hurdles.

Patroclus
    5g Shirocco - King'sandqueen's
    Walters Plant Hire & Potter Group
    211P-
    RPR 129h OR 129h
    He's a gorgeous, big chasing type. He won nicely over hurdles at Exeter and Doncaster and ought to have many important days over fences ahead.

Pentland Hills
    6g Motivator - Elle Galante
    Owners Group 031
    111/529/
    RPR 157h OR 156h
    He was our Triumph winner in 2019 but had to have last season off. He's a spectacular jumper and I wonder whether he could go chasing one day. He might be back a little late for that, in which case we'd stay over hurdles and then go chasing in the new season in May; there'd be no point going over fences in February, for instance.

Pistol Whipped
    7g Beneficial - Holiday Time
    A & M Speelman
    0/2011-2
    RPR 160c OR 154c
    There's no doubt good ground is important for him and possibly smaller fields too. We thought about the American Grand National, which we won with Brain Power a few years ago, but the prize-money meant it wasn't viable. There are some options in Japan and he's due more success after improving last term.

Progressive
    4f Nathaniel - Graduation
    Alan Spence & John Connolly
    4429-51
    RPR 116h OR 121h
    I got a kick out of her winning at Chepstow recently because it was a plan that came off, and I always fancied a crack at that race, which used to carry some prestige. She was worth a shot at it and we gave her a Flat spin to get ready at Yarmouth, which paid off. I don't know how much better she can get, but it was a neat prize to win.

Queens River
    5m Kayf Tara - Follow My Leader
    JP McManus
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 83p
    She's a mouthwatering prospect. She has all the credentials and did everything we asked in the spring without making the track. The summer has done her the world of good and she's ideal for mares' novice hurdles.

Quickbuck
    4g Walk In The Park - Buck's Blue
    Michael Blencowe
    7-3
    RPR 93b
    He shaped with encouragement on his last bumper run. He's grown and filled out since and has the ability to go far over hurdles.

Rapid Flight
    5g Midnight Legend - Spring Flight
    The Queen
    53-F106
    RPR 104c OR 113c
    We'd been waiting an eternity for some cut in the ground and in the end I let him go to Huntingdon last week for his chasing debut. He jumped well but wants softer ground and probably further than two and a half miles.

Rather Be
    10g Oscar - Irish Wedding
    Eventmasters Racing
    12/B59P/
    RPR 153c OR 143c
    A super individual, he has bags of talent but needs some luck to go with it having been off for more than two years. His owners have been incredibly patient and I'd love to reward them by getting him back. He's getting there, albeit slowly.

Royal Ruby
    9g Yeats - Close Harmony
    Rita Brown
    3/557/13
    RPR 125c OR 116c
    Being off for more than 500 days didn't stop him jumping wonderfully and winning over fences at Stratford in the summer, although that caught the handicapper's attention. That said, I'm sure he can progress as a chaser.

Russian Ruler
    4g Sholokhov - Hot Choice
    Unique Financial Racing Partnership
    RPR 98b
    We like him a lot and he beat another of ours – Surrey Quest – on his debut, so I'm sure the form is solid. He's a fantastic individual set for a fruitful time over hurdles.

Scarpia
    7g Sans Frontieres - Bunglasha Lady
    Mrs T Brown
    24/74415-
    RPR 110h OR 116h
    He'd been consistent over hurdles before winning at Fontwell. He should still have improvement in him and could easily jump a fence, but he might have more to offer as a hurdler first.

Star quality
    Shishkin
    7g Sholokhov - Labarynth
    Marie Donnelly
    1/11111-
    RPR 174c OR 169c
    Switching to fences was the obvious thing to do after he won the Supreme and he never put a foot wrong – he was exemplary all the way through to winning the Arkle and a Grade 1 at Aintree. He's done phenomenally over the summer, growing and strengthening in every area. He looks completely different from last term, which suggests he can improve, which might be needed as the two-mile chase division is going to be strong. We'll go for the Tingle Creek and then down the Champion Chase route, and the hope is he's our next superstar. He has a long way to go fill the boots of Sprinter Sacre and Altior, but he has all the attributes and is the most spectacular horse.

Son Of Camas
    6g Creachadoir - Camas
    Ever Hopeful
    P/P304-4
    RPR 132c OR 127c
    He has ability and I seriously like him, but I'm just not sure what trip is ideal. He's a competent jumper and has made the frame over fences. He's still a novice and I hope he can give his new connections enormous fun.

Steal A March
    6g Mount Nelson - Side Step
    The Queen
    4/36P12-
    RPR 125h OR 124h
    He's always jumped well and was consistent as we stepped him up in trip over hurdles, but switching to fences could be something to savour.

Storm Of Intrigue
    9g Oscar - Storminoora
    Oscar Singh & Priya Purewal
    10/3/
    RPR 129h
    Things haven't gone his way, but he was a heartening third in a hot race at Newbury when last seen in March 2019. We've got to get him back, but I don't think that's far off and he could develop into a fine novice chaser as he's a fantastic, substantial horse.

Sunrise Ruby
    7m Sholokhov - Maryota
    Blunt, Breslin, Duffy, Slattery
    1083-67
    RPR 122h OR 119h
    She never lets us down. She could still go on over two and a half miles on a sound surface, but chasing is definitely an option if needed.

Surfman
    5g Kingman - Shimmering Surf
    Peter Winkworth
    31/138/ (Flat form)
    A beautiful, big horse, he ran in the Prix du Jockey Club for Roger Varian two years ago and is one to note, particularly if he can be as successful over hurdles as he was on the Flat. He's spent time with Henrietta Knight and is coming along, but won't go anywhere until the rain arrives.

Surrey Quest
    4g Milan - Roztoc
    Surrey Racing (sq)
    RPR 94b
    He was second at Warwick to Russian Ruler, a horse we think a huge amount of. He's grown and should mature into a terrific novice hurdler.

Swapped
    4g Sinndar - La Bezizais
    A & M Speelman
    Unraced
    He showed plenty in the spring and almost ran but pulled some muscles. We put him away and that won't have done any harm. He looks the part and will make his debut any second now.

The Carpenter
    5g Shantaram - Just Another Penny
    The Owners Group 086
    2-
    RPR 111b
    He was second in an Irish bumper and is every inch a class act. He'll likely start over hurdles but looks a cracking chaser in the making.

The Bomber Liston
    5g Yeats - True Britannia
    JP McManus
    32-31
    RPR 112h OR 122
    He was entitled to win at Uttoxeter this month, but I think the handicapper has overrated the race. Admittedly, he won easily and can carry on down the novice hurdle route.

Theatre Glory
    4f Fame And Glory - Native Beauty
    Canter Banter Racing 2
    RPR 93b
    She's an attractive filly who was a cosy winner of a Worcester bumper. She's come on over the summer and should go far in mares' novice hurdles.

Tweed Skirt
    4f Martaline - Theatre Girl
    Just Four Men With Rose Tinted Glasses
    136-
    RPR 106b
    She's stunning. She ran a creditable sixth in the mares' bumper at Aintree but is better than that. She schooled splendidly in the spring, so fingers crossed she can take high rank as a novice hurdler.

Valsheda
    6g Milan - Candy Creek
    Richard & Lizzie Kelvin-Hughes
    21-
    RPR 117h
    Patience has been the name of the game with this handsome chap, who's big and maybe even still growing. He had two runs over hurdles but screams chaser. There should be a vast amount to come.

Walking On Air
    4g Walk In The Park - Refinement
    Doreen Tabor
    2-
    RPR 111b
    He caught the eye at home before a second on his debut at Kempton behind what I think was a decent horse [Shallwehaveonemore]. A touch of colic meant he didn't run again, but that wasn't a problem and he'll appreciate a trip and soft ground. He should make an awesome staying novice hurdler and then chaser down the line. I love him.

Wave The Wand
    4g Gentlewave - Magic Score
    The Queen
    Unraced
    I have lots of time for him. He was big and on the leggy side but learned the ropes in the spring despite being unlikely to make the track. He's summered wonderfully.

Westwood Ryder
    4g Flemensfirth - Beeverstown Girl
    The Albatross Club
    RPR 93b
    He can only improve from his debut second at Huntingdon as he was on the weak side, but time is essential with Flemensfirths. He's grown and undoubtedly has it in him to make a smart novice hurdler.

Will Carver
    6g Califet - Rock Angel
    Owners Group 064
    932-11
    RPR 134h OR 132h
    He missed some time but showed what he was capable of last season and in the new campaign when he won twice over hurdles, leaving him a novice this term. That could be useful, but I'm convinced he'll be better as a chaser.

Wiseguy
    5g Fame And Glory - Sunset Queen
    Sue Magnier & Linda Shanahan
    1-
    RPR 113b
    He needed time but will be worth it. He won his bumper in smooth fashion so is all set for novice hurdling, and I'll be dismayed if that isn't lucrative for him.

For the future...
    We've done some constructive business in the summer transfer window and have assembled an exciting bunch I hope will become familiar names over the next few years.

Major Sting was here last year and his claim to fame is being related to Amtrak Express, our first ever winner from Seven Barrows, while of the four-year-olds Bridal Knot has a link to our past being a Walk In The Park half-sister to Might Bite and Beat That. She goes nicely, developed over the summer, is nearly ready and one to look forward to. So is Fishcake, Monkfish's racy half-sister by Mahler.

Rudy Caprice, a powerful Sholokhov, nearly ran in the spring and has grown considerably, so will probably go for a bumper before hurdling, which would also be the blueprint for Scarpered, a handsome son of Getaway with a lovely temperament.

Hyland, who is by Turgeon, has also improved over the summer so could follow that route too. I Am Rocco is an athletic Kayf Tara who spent time with Henrietta Knight and should be a smart novice hurdler, as should Hurricane Le Dun, a giant Doctor Dino gelding who has ability, a great attitude and may swerve a bumper.

Middleham Park Racing have a handful of promising youngsters including a well-related son of Blue Bresil called Kingsand Bay and the well-educated Propelled, who is also choicely bred and just missed running in the spring when the ground dried. He's by Kapgarde, the same sire of their Hana Collonges, a pretty filly who should win a bumper, which is also the case for Hello Baloo, a daughter of Flemensfirth related to Oscar Whisky, who was such a firm favourite here a few years ago.

The Waley-Cohen family will lease an exquisite unnamed Blue Bresil filly to the Turf Club, while Firestep's Leading Light half-sister is for sale and very forward, so should be ready before Christmas, and we think the world of her older brother.

Iolaos Du Mou is also for sale and is a Coastal Path who won't take long. He's strong, advanced and really nice – a smart prospect. The same goes for Royal Max, who was irresistible at the sales and appears an early, precocious son of Maxios.

Peace Of Rome, by Jukebox Jury, is smashing and another three-year-old in the mould of being early, while we've an unnamed Sixties Icon, who is also quite advanced.

Pat Pugh has a lovely gelding by Mahler, a sire we like, who is distantly related to Altior, although that's not the reason we bought him.

Other three-year-olds to note include a stunning grey by Sholokhov called Benefact, Boom Boom, a cracking Califet, Hands Off, a Getaway stamped with class, and Wind Of Fortune, who is by Shirocco and has the size and scope to shine.

Brave Jen is a beautiful Kayf Tara and touchingly named, and Meadowsuite – a robust daughter of Spanish Moon – is named in honour of Meadowsweet, a Ludlow bumper winner in December who suffered a fatal accident.

Two for the Tracker
    A couple of dark horses. I'm really excited about Kincardine for the Queen, and I love Walking On Air.

Expert view
    A lot was said about how Irish trainers dominated the big races last season and that was particularly true at Cheltenham. However, the one British trainer who is best equipped to compete with Willie Mullins, Gordon Elliott and Henry de Bromhead is Nicky Henderson.

There were seven odds-on favourites at last season’s Cheltenham Festival and six were trained in Ireland. Only three won, but they included the one British-trained odds-on chance, who was trained by Henderson. That proves that when Henderson has the horse, he delivers.

Shishkin is the star in question, of course. He never looked in any danger when slamming his rivals at 4-9 in the Arkle and, following the retirement of Altior, Shishkin is the key horse for the Henderson stable this season. He will bid to dominate the two-mile chase division.

Speed is often a big asset shared by Henderson-trained runners. Purely in terms of strike-rate, runners from Seven Barrows excel over trips short of 2m4f and, since the start of 2018, the yard is 28 per cent with all representatives in jump races over 2m3f or shorter. However, the market is on top of the angle and a £1 bet on them all would have yielded a loss of £101.58.

Moving on to jockeys and it goes without saying that Nico De Boinville gets the pick. He has a 26 per cent strike-rate on Henderson-trained runners in recent seasons, but it’s also worth taking note when Aidan Coleman rides. Coleman is 11-52 for the yard since 2018 started.

Henderson’s local track Newbury is always a happy hunting ground and a 24 per cent strike-rate there in the last three years is no surprise. But look out for when his runners go further afield. Six winners from eight runners at Wetherby in that short period is a remarkable strike-rate and six winners from just nine runners at Newcastle doesn’t look too shabby, either.

The final thing to look out for is horses returning from long absences. Most trainers excel with horses who have run recently, but Henderson’s string is an exception. They are better off a break and the longer the absence, the better they usually run. Fitness is rarely any issue.

If you’d backed all Henderson-trained runners who were returning from absence of at least 150 days since the start of 2018 you’d have had 83 winners from 353 runners (24 per cent).
    Graeme Rodway
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilsonl For This Useful Post:

granger (19th October 2021), tiggers1972 (19th October 2021)

Thanks
    Direction of wind permitting...............

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    "The owls are not what they seem"

Thanks
    HdB tour in tomorrow's RP -no mention of the horse that I was told is the one to follow.

Thanks
    HDB in RP

Abbey Magic

Ten-year-old mare
    Beneficial (sire) - Magical Theatre (dam)
    Owner: Mrs D Halley
    Form figures: 414239
    Racing Post Rating: 146c 126h; Official rating: 145c 115h
    She's had a really good season already and won a competitive handicap chase at Galway's summer festival. She wasn't herself at Cork last time, so we've decided to back off her now and bring her back for something nice in the spring.

A Plus Tard
    7g Kapgarde - Turboka
    Cheveley Park Stud
    213/212
    RPR 178c OR 172c
    He has summered particularly well and seems to be in mighty form. For whatever reason he has to go left-handed, so that's why we've been aiming him at the Betfair Chase next month. You would have to be delighted with the way he progressed when we stepped him up in trip last season and hopefully there is more to come. The plan is to go from Haydock on to Leopardstown at Christmas for the Savills Chase he won last year and then the Gold Cup. If himself and Minella Indo have to clash along the way, then so be it.

Annie G
    5m Getaway - Its Only Gossip
    Mr R Gallagher & Mrs H Gallagher
    53-2114
    RPR 131h OR 127h
    She disappointed the other day at Tipperary but we're still going to give her a go in the Graded mares' novice hurdle at Down Royal later this week in the hope she returns to the form she showed when winning at Galway in the summer.

Aspire Tower
    5g Born To Sea - Red Planet
    Robcour
    F2/124-8
    RPR 161h OR 159h
    He's going to stay over hurdles this season, and the Matheson Hurdle at Leopardstown over Christmas will again be on his agenda. He was second in it last year. He ran a cracker in the Champion Hurdle and Robbie [Power] thought he might even have been second had he not lost his momentum with a mistake at the second-last.

Atlantic Fairy
    7m Jeremy - Tylensy
    Mark E Phelan
    2/2116-
    RPR 135h OR 129h
    She's going straight over fences and seems to have summered really well. We'll find a mares' beginners' chase for her somewhere when there is a good ease in the ground.

Balko Des Flos
    10g Balko - Royale Marie
    RacehorseClub
    764U2-0
    RPR 138h 174c OR 136h 157c
    He had a nice spin around and got to blow away the cobwebs at Galway on Saturday. There were a lot of things against him in that race so I wouldn't read too much into it. It will bring him forward for the Cross Country Chase at Cheltenham next month. Rachael [Blackmore] said he was loving it last season when he came down in March. He still retains all of his old zip and enthusiasm at home anyway.

Ballyadam
    6g Fame And Glory - Grass Tips
    Cheveley Park Stud
    14224-F
    RPR 147h OR 148h
    It was so frustrating to see him get as far only as the first at Punchestown as he had schooled really nicely prior to that. I was tempted to run him in a beginners' chase at Wexford on Monday but it was just coming a bit too soon for him, so we'll give him a few more weeks to recover.

Bold Enough
    6g Jeremy - Shuil Milan
    Mustafa Elatrash
    3-11335
    RPR 134h 144c OR 126h 138c

I was disappointed with him at Punchestown, that wasn't his true form at all. We're going to give him a break now and bring him back in the spring.

Bob Olinger
    6g Sholokhov - Zenaide
    Robcour
    11/2111-
    RPR 163h OR 159h
    He worked really nicely the other day, he's in great nick. We've decided to send him over fences and his schooling has gone great. The plan is to find a beginners' chase for him over the next few weeks, probably over two and a half miles, and take it from there. I'd imagine we will stick to two and a half miles, but we'll play it by ear and see how he gets on. He didn't put a foot wrong last season and you'd have to say he's very exciting.

Brave Way
    6m Jeremy - Black Mariah
    Kenneth Alexander
    1368-44
    RPR 115c 126h OR 123h
    I was disappointed by her at Thurles. She didn't attack her fences at all there and she wasn't moving great after the race either. We'll see how she is in a couple of days and reassess things then.

Captain Guinness
    6g Arakan - Presenting D'Azy
    Declan Landy
    P12F3-U
    RPR 157c OR 152c
    There's a chase at Naas for second-season novices that he's going to start back in. He ran well for a long way in the Arkle, where he bumped into Shishkin, and he's come back in after the summer in great form.

Capuccimix
    8g Al Namix - Capuccina
    Robcour
    6776-91
    RPR 144c OR 137c
    He got his act together and was really good at Killarney in July. We eased off him after that but the plan is to get him back out in the next few weeks.

Cavalry Master
    7g Milan - Magie De Toulouse
    Gigginstown House Stud
    21-1119
    RPR 127h 152c OR 124h 139c
    He did very well on better ground through the summer, winning four in a row, but just struggled on a softer surface in the Munster National at Limerick last time. We'll try to find a novice chase for him somewhere on decent ground over the next few weeks.

Champagne Gold
    6g Presenting - Kon Tiky
    Barry Maloney
    21320-0
    RPR 144h OR 138h
    He's been schooling well over fences and the plan is to find a beginners' chase for him over the next few weeks. His form tailed off a bit at the end of last season but he ran a cracker at the Dublin Racing Festival in a hot handicap and I think you'll see him step up again now he switches to fences.

Chris's Dream
    9g Mahler - Janebailey
    Robcour
    10/25PU-
    RPR 167c OR 162c
    We know he goes well fresh, so the plan is to head to Newbury at the end of November for the Ladbrokes Trophy. He's done really well over the summer. He might end up back at Aintree come the spring; he seemed to take really well to the Grand National fences.

Commandingpresence
    6g Kalanisi - Cooksgrove Lady
    Mrs M J Wogan
    1F50-
    RPR 138h OR 132h
    He's been schooling nicely and we'll be getting him out in a beginners' chase over the next few weeks.

Dancing On My Own
    7g Milan - Morning Supreme
    Sean & Bernardine Mulryan
    4P/416/1
    RPR 138h 138c OR 136h
    He hadn't run for a long, long time, so it was great to see him winning his beginners' chase so well at Killarney. I was delighted with the way he jumped. The two-mile novice chase at Cheltenham's November meeting has been pencilled into his diary.

Decimation
    6g Milan - Babies Present
    Gigginstown House Stud
    22212-3
    RPR 142h OR 139h
    He's been working nicely and we'll look to get him out in a beginners' chase towards the end of November.

Defan
    5g Kayf Tara - Flushtown Vale
    Niall O'Leary
    010-031
    RPR 111h 121c OR 111h 119c
    He was very good at Listowel when he held off another one of ours, Zarkareva. That was a competitive race and I was delighted for his owner Niall O'Leary, who is from Kerry. That gave him a great thrill. We'll look for something similar for him now.

Eklat De Rire
    7g Saddex - Rochdale
    P Davies
    121/11U-
    RPR 158c OR 152c
    It's a shame he came down at Cheltenham as he was travelling well at the time. He's a smart staying chaser who will start off at Wexford on Monday in the same race Minella Indo won last year. He has to step up to mix it with the best staying chasers around but I do think there is more improvement in him this season.

Eleazar Des Neiges
    7g Buck's Boum - Ludiana Des Neiges
    Gigginstown House Stud
    4250P-2
    RPR 135c OR 132
    It was his first run in a while at Galway when he was just touched off earlier this month. We'll try to find a handicap for him now.

Envoi Allen
    7g Muhtathir - Reaction
    Cheveley Park Stud
    1111F-P
    RPR 165c OR 163c
    He schooled great the other morning and he runs at Down Royal on Saturday in the chase for second-season novices. The funny thing about the way he finished last season was that he was in mighty form going into Cheltenham before he fell in the Marsh, and I couldn't have been any happier with him going to Punchestown either, but he walloped the fence so hard there that he chipped a joint. That takes some doing. He's been back a while now and has been working great. He seems to be in really good order and, fingers crossed, he will have a bit more luck on his side this season.

Epson Du Houx
    7g Diamond Boy - Pruneyle Do
    Gigginstown House Stud
    110F3-6
    RPR 143c OR 140c
    He's in great form and working well. We'll look for a handicap chase for him in the next few weeks once there is a good ease in the ground.

Full Time Score
    7g Flemensfirth - Is It Here
    C Jones
    1/3/113-
    RPR 122c
    This guy looks great. We'll find a handicap chase for him towards the end of November or early December. He's lightly raced and should have more to offer this season.

Fully Charged
    7g Fair Mix - Alora Money
    Three Swallows Partnership
    4U25-21
    RPR 133h 135c OR 130h 128c
    He won his beginners' chase at Gowran earlier this month and the plan for him now is to go for the two-mile-six handicap chase at Punchestown on Morgiana weekend. He's progressing all the time and that looks the right sort of race for him.

Gabbys Cross
    6g Frammassone - Mille Et Une Nuits
    R S Brookhouse
    0/1165-8
    RPR 124h OR 120h
    You'd like to think he will be even better over fences than he was over hurdles. He's working well and his schooling has gone smoothly. We'll find a beginners' chase for him next month in or around two and a half miles.

Gaspard Du Seuil
    5g Fuisse - Violette Du Seuil
    1/34P-2
    RPR 108h
    I thought he ran well at Listowel on his first run since Christmas and we'll be on the lookout for a maiden hurdle for him over the next few weeks.

Gin On Lime
    5m Doctor Dino - Quiche Lorraine
    Robcour
    4-11121
    RPR 147c OR 143c
    She's been brilliant this season and couldn't have won any easier at Tipperary. She wears her heart on her sleeve and loves what she does.
    The plan now is to take her over to Cheltenham next month for the novice chase over two and a half miles and I'm looking forward to seeing how she gets on in that.

Given Wings
    6g Califet - Wyndham Bobbin
    Mrs Annette Kinsella
    20-1
    RPR 110h
    It was great to see him winning the way he did at Killarney and he runs in the rated novice hurdle at Wexford on Monday.

Grand Jury
    5g Tiger Groom - Saboum
    Robcour
    11-4
    RPR 121b
    He was impressive when he won his point and there was plenty to like about the way he got the job done in a Punchestown bumper for us in March when Patrick Mullins rode him. He went back there for a bumper at the festival and bumped into Dysart Dynamo. He's schooled well and we're hoping to get him into a maiden hurdle towards the end of November.

Gua Du Large
    5g Kapgarde - Kayagua
    Robcour
    2150-4
    RPR 128h OR 127h
    He didn't manage to add to his maiden hurdle win at Thurles but he's summered well and we'll find a suitable handicap hurdle for him over the next couple of weeks.

Holymacapony
    5g Libertarian - Heavenly Star
    Barry Maloney
    1/1P8-34
    RPR 137h OR 130h
    He ran fine the other day at Thurles but no more than that. He looked like he had a chance at one stage maybe before the home turn but was just ran out of it in the end. The plan is to head chasing with him now and he should do well at that game.

Last edited by Diamond Geezer; 25th October 2021 at 2:05 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

ep1987 (25th October 2021)

Thanks
    Honeysuckle
    7m Sulamani - First Royal
    Kenneth Alexander
    11/111-1
    RPR 166h OR 165h
    What can you say about her that hasn't been said already? She's just brilliant. I know there was speculation that she might be sent over fences but, when it came down to it, it was pretty much a unanimous decision between everyone that she would stay over hurdles. The plan is to follow the same path as last season so, all being well, she will start off in the Hatton's Grace at Fairyhouse, then on to the Irish Champion Hurdle before going back to defend her crown at Cheltenham. She's summered seriously well and is working very nicely.

Hurricane Cliff
    5g Canford Cliffs - Petit Moselle
    Molesworth Syndicate
    25210-
    RPR 127h OR 129h
    He has some nice bits and pieces of form, especially his maiden hurdle win at Naas in February. We'll find a handicap for him over two miles in the next few weeks.

Ingenious Stroke
    5g Jet Away - Just For Jean
    Johnny Hartnett & Patrick D Power
    61-4
    RPR 107h
    He ran much better than the distance he was beaten at Galway suggests. That experience will certainly stand to him and we'll look for another maiden hurdle for him in the next few weeks.

Irascible
    6g Jukebox Jury - Karuma
    Gigginstown House Stud
    5/1255-
    RPR 146h OR 143h
    He bumped into Appreciate It on his last three starts last season and was second to him in a Grade 1 at Leopardstown over Christmas. He's come back from his holidays looking great and he's schooling well. We'll be looking out for a beginners' chase for him in the next few weeks.

Itwasfate
    4g Passing Glance - Grandma Griffiths
    Roger Kissane
    6-
    RPR 85b
    A nice young horse. He stayed on well in a Punchestown bumper last spring and returns in a maiden hurdle at Wexford on Monday.

January Jets
    7g Presenting - Poetics Girl
    Robcour
    2316-P2
    RPR 140c OR 137c
    I have to admit I was a bit disappointed with him at Limerick. He was put in his place there. We'll find a good handicap chase for him in the next few weeks.

Jason The Militant
    7g Sans Frontieres - Rock Angel
    Peter Michael Racing
    331U-73
    RPR 160h OR 157h
    He was giving plenty of weight away to everything at Tipperary, so I didn't think that was a bad run at all behind Saldier. He gave a good blow afterwards as well, so he'll come on for it. The Fighting Fifth at Newcastle is the plan now and we'll get him ready for that.

Journey With Me
    5g Mahler - Kilbarry Demon
    Robcour
    11-
    RPR 131b
    A very exciting young horse who has been working well since he came back in. I suppose he couldn't have won his bumper at Gowran any easier than he did and the plan is to find a maiden hurdle for him in the second half of November, probably over two and a half miles.

Kalkas
    5g Kapgarde - Fortunateencounter
    3/510-6
    RPR 119h
    This fella jumps really well and I'm looking forward to seeing him over a fence. He won his maiden hurdle nicely at Limerick last Christmas and bumped into a few above-average sorts afterwards.

Kapard
    5m Kapgarde - Ardissone
    Alan Halsall
    1145-
    RPR 125h OR 125h
    She's a nice mare who won her first two hurdles at Roscommon and Wexford before being upped in grade. She's summered well and goes over fences now.

Kavanaghs Corner
    12g Coroner - Annacarney
    Mrs Bridget O'Flynn
    132U4-7
    RPR 129c OR 120c
    He did great last season, the highlight being his win in the Ladies National at Fairyhouse for Emma Twomey. Emma gets on great with him and we'll look for similar races for him this time around.

Kings Keeper
    6g Getaway - Fingal's Sister
    Gigginstown House Stud
    2240-
    RPR 110h
    He didn't run badly in a few maiden hurdles and we'll get him out in a maiden hurdle in the next few weeks.

Largy Debut
    6g Shirocco - Debut
    C Jones
    13/
    RPR 114b
    His work has been catching my eye and he seems very well. We'll find a maiden hurdle for him somewhere soon. I thought he travelled really well in a Navan bumper when you last saw him and we're looking forward to getting him out.

Magic Daze
    5m Doyen - Magic Maze
    Robcour
    312-43
    RPR 137h 127c OR 135h
    She ran fine at Galway but I was a bit disappointed with her if I'm being completely honest. For three-quarters of the race it was poetry in motion, so maybe she just didn't fully see out the extended two miles two furlongs. We'll drop her back to two miles next time and I still think she'll develop into a lovely chaser.

Malone Road
    7g Kalanisi - Zaffarella
    Cheveley Park Stud
    1/11/13-
    RPR 135h
    We obviously haven't seen him for a while, and he had an issue with his knee last season, but he's been working nicely lately. We're going over fences with him and his schooling has gone well. You'll see him out in a beginners' chase in the next few weeks. He's got some top-class form from a few years ago, so it would be great to get him back to that sort of level.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Minella Escape

6g Beat Hollow - Be My Leader
    Alan Halsall
    1/F21F-
    RPR 130h
    He's always given the impression he would be better over fences than he was over hurdles and his schooling has suggested as much. We had to take him out of a beginners' chase at Fairyhouse earlier this month with a stone bruise, but we'll try to find a similar sort of one for him very soon.

Minella Indo
    8g Beat Hollow - Carrigeen Lily
    Barry Maloney
    2/11F41-
    RPR 179c OR 175c
    He put the finishing touches to a surreal week for the team when he won the Gold Cup. It was a brilliant performance and it showed what he is capable of when he puts it all together. He never missed a beat and just jumped and galloped. He loves Cheltenham and comes alive when he gets to the place. I suppose it's not a bad place to save your best form for! He has summered extremely well and his work has been great. We've had the Ladbrokes Champion Chase at Down Royal on Saturday in our minds as his starting point for quite a while now, so that's where he will return. I'm not entirely sure what route he will take from there. There is obviously the Savills Chase at Leopardstown over Christmas and the King George could be an option too, but we'll see how Down Royal goes first and take it from there. If he and A Plus Tard have to clash before Cheltenham, then so be it.

Minella Melody
    7m Flemensfirth - Cottage Theatre
    Kenneth Alexander
    0/2227-2
    RPR 148h OR 142h
    She's a mare we've always liked and she signed off last season by finishing second in a Grade 1. Her schooling has gone great and I'm looking forward to seeing her over a fence. She was impressive when she won her point, so chasing will hopefully be her game.

Minella Times
    8g Oscar - Triptoshan
    John P McManus
    20/1221-
    RPR 158c OR 159c
    We haven't discussed anything yet, so nothing is firmed up about where he will return. I'd imagine he will be ready to start back mid- to late November, but I'm not sure where yet. He was brilliant in the Grand National and took to it like a duck to water. Rachael [Blackmore] was super on him. He looks great since he's come back after the summer.

Miss Tempo
    5m Milan - Butlers Storm
    Ferroandel Racing Syndicate
    12-21
    RPR 116h OR 103h
    She's a strong staying mare who has had a break since she won her maiden hurdle at Tramore in July. She'll be back in the next couple of weeks in a handicap hurdle.

Monalee
    10g Milan - Tempest Belle
    Barry Maloney
    4/p324/3-
    RPR 171c OR 165c
    He's top-class on his day and his run in the 2020 Gold Cup proves that. He was beaten less than two lengths by Al Boum Photo that day. He had a setback in January which ruled him out of the second half of last season and you won't see him out again until the second half of this season. The aim would be to get a run into him in January hopefully.

Mosala
    4g Kodiac - Glamorous
    C Acheson
    123136 (Flat)
    RPR 101f OR 92f
    He was quite a talented middle-distance performer on the Flat and won a premier handicap at Leopardstown in July. He's schooling well over hurdles and seems to have really taken to it. Given he's rated 92 on the Flat and has enjoyed his schooling so far, he could be very interesting over hurdles. He could run in a maiden hurdle at Cork next Sunday.

Mr Incredible
    5g Westerner - Bartlemy Bell
    Stephen E McCarthy
    21-
    RPR 139h
    I thought he was quite impressive when he won his maiden hurdle at Naas. Unfortunately, he had a setback afterwards but he's back to himself now and schooling well. You'll see him in a beginners' chase soon and I'm looking forward to that.

Notebook
    8g Samum - Nova
    Gigginstown House Stud
    6/12377-
    RPR 169c OR 162c
    He's in super form and will kick off his campaign in the Fortria Chase at Navan on Sunday week. I'd be keen to step him up in trip after that, so the John Durkan at Punchestown could be an option.

Percy Warner
    5g Ocovango - Fugal Maid
    Basil Holian
    11-
    RPR 138h
    He's a nice horse who has just come to us. His work has been good and he's done everything right since he's arrived here. He could be smart.

Plan Of Attack
    8g Court Cave - Loadsofability
    Alan Halsall
    PP8F7-0
    RPR 143c OR 136c
    It was a shame he came down in the Kim Muir as he seemed to be going nicely at the time. His main early season aim is the Cross Country Chase at Cheltenham next month.

Presented Well
    8g Oscar - Millstream Express
    Both Sides Of The Water Syndicate
    8/350/34
    RPR 132h 120c OR 126h
    He ran in the rated novice chase at Galway on Saturday and I thought he ran really well. He kept on nicely from the last and it was a nice step up from Listowel. He can continue to progress in novice chases.

Put The Kettle On
    7m Stowaway - Name For Fame
    One For Luck Racing Syndicate
    11/1314-
    RPR 162c OR 159c
    She goes straight to Cheltenham for the Shloer. That has always been her early season aim and it makes perfect sense to head straight there after she missed Gowran. We all know how much she loves the place and her record there is unbelievable. She won the race last year and it fits nicely into her schedule. She was due to return at Gowran earlier this month and it was a tough call to take her out on the day, but I just felt it was better being on the safe side. She's in super form and we've been thrilled with her over the last few weeks.

Quilixios
    4g Maxios - Quilita
    Cheveley Park Stud
    1111-7
    RPR 149h OR 150h
    He's going to stay over hurdles and will start back in the WKD Hurdle at Down Royal on Friday. He was really good the day he won the Triumph and I'd imagine the reason for his poor run at Punchestown was down to the fact it was the end of a long campaign. He's back working really well again now.

Schone Aussicht
    6m Pastorius - Suquia
    Pimlico Racing Ireland
    37-1125
    RPR 125h OR 117h
    She paid her way this summer, winning at Limerick and Downpatrick. The plan is to take her over to Cheltenham in November.

Serenity Grove
    5g Ocovango - Dakota Fire
    Brace Yourself Syndicate
    RPR 120h
    After winning by a wide margin at Downpatrick, he was very disappointing at Limerick in a better race and nothing came to light afterwards. We'll try him over shorter next time and see if that will work.

She Tops The Lot
    8m Yeats - Top Lot
    Foleys Bar Syndicate
    26221-P
    RPR 121c OR 118c
    She got tired at Wexford on Sunday. She's certainly well-named because the roars I heard when she passed the line in front at Tipperary when she won earlier this month topped the lot. I’d never heard the like of it!

Somptueux
    6g Spirit One - Best Day
    P Davies
    141-F20
    RPR 124h 143c OR 118h 139c
    I was very hopeful of a big run going into the Galway Plate but he was disappointing there. We decided to give him a break after that and aim him at the valuable handicap chase at the Cheltenham meeting in November, and that remains the plan.

Sovereign Gold
    7m Gold Well - Sovereign Lass
    Julian Taylor
    5526-21
    RPR 120h 125c OR 118c
    It took a while but she eventually won her maiden hurdle at Tipperary in May. She needs soft ground and she needs a trip. A three-mile handicap chase in deep winter ground is what we will be on the lookout for.

Spyglass Hill
    8g Morozov - Missmartinslane
    Niall O'Leary
    6323-85
    RPR 131h 150c OR 128h 140c
    I thought he ran really well in the Munster National at Limerick and I'd say the trip just found him out there. With that in mind, we're dropping him back down to two miles five furlongs and going for the Grand Sefton over the National fences at Aintree on Saturday week.

Telmesomethinggirl
    6m Stowaway - Wahiba Hall
    Kenneth Alexander
    31131-5
    RPR 143h OR 142h
    The Mares' Hurdle at Cheltenham is her ultimate aim this season and she will run in the mares' hurdle at Leopardstown's Christmas meeting too. We changed tactics with her at Cheltenham and she was brilliant in the mares' novice hurdle. She's summered well and looks great. She's about three or four weeks off a run.

Tiger Voice
    6g Poet's Voice - Tarsia
    Robcour
    F43-610
    RPR 134h 140c OR 126h 133c
    We've given him a good break since he disappointed behind Abbey Magic at Galway in the summer. He's a good horse on his day and we'll look for a handicap chase for him over two miles or two and a half miles in the next few weeks.

Tisadream
    6m Dubai Destination - Deepred
    John Patrick Byrne
    57-3101
    RPR 106h 106c OR 104h
    She got off the mark at the first time of asking at Tramore, where she jumped absolutely brilliantly. We'll look for something similar for her next, a nice rated novice chase somewhere over two miles.

Trebizond
    4g Golden Horn - Night Frolic
    Robcour
    47-221
    RPR 112h OR 111h
    He got there in the end at Roscommon. Dylan [Robinson] was very confident on him and he picked up really well for him after the last. He has a nice turn of foot and we'll keep an eye out for something suitable for him in the coming weeks.

Trendy Lady
    5m Kayf Tara - Redunderthebed
    Niall O'Leary
    5-44
    RPR 105h
    I think she's better than what you've seen so far. She ran well at Listowel in a decent maiden hurdle. I genuinely thought she would win next time at Fairyhouse on the back of that but I was a bit disappointed by her. We'll ease off her for a few weeks and bring her back for a mares' maiden hurdle.

Tune The Chello
    6m Ask - New Chello
    Robcour
    P2-212U
    RPR 127h 130c OR 120h 122c
    She was so unlucky at Listowel. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that happen on a racecourse before and you had to feel sorry for poor Jordan Gainford. She's been in good form since that and we'll look for something similar next time in the hope she can get some compensation.

Upping the Anti
    5g Valirann - Hollygrove Cezanne
    Alan Halsall
    6-53
    RPR 90h
    We dropped him down in trip at Wexford on Sunday and he ran better than he did at Gowran over 2m4f the previous time. Hopefully he can continue to progress now.

Zarkareva
    5m Authorized - Zarkiyna
    Robcour
    5-32U32
    RPR 108h 142c OR 117h 135c
    She's proved herself to be a much better chaser than hurdler and has put up some big performances in defeat the last two times. She was just touched off by Defan at Listowel and didn't do much wrong there. Hopefully, she'll go one better in something similar in the coming weeks.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    SL's Willie Mullins Tour, two or three noticable omissions, RP tour due Sunday night online and in Monday's paper.

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...-hollow/195699

Thanks
    I see in the RP Mullins' Stable Tour that The Big Getaway gets a mention. I had high hopes for him last season before his setback.

Thanks
    Is Cabert Queen still in training, no mention of her in the RP tour?

Thanks
    Willie Mullins second part of SL tour

https://jumpsm.attheraces.com/featur...-tour-(part-2)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

chroniclandlord (6th November 2021)

Thanks
    Good to see Deploy the Getaway mentioned in this one as there was no word of him in the RP one.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbet View Post
    Wouldnt surprise me to see Shiskin 1st time out in the celebration chase next April...
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    HdB tour in tomorrow's RP -no mention of the horse that I was told is the one to follow.
    Runs tomorrow in the First at Fairyhouse -Ballybough Native.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to LUKE For This Useful Post:

granger (15th April 2022)