Thread: Engagement in the Sport

Thanks

Engagement in the Sport

I'm at home this morning and my usual routine on a Monday is to listen to a couple of podcasts about either the NFL or NBA and during one on the latter one of the guys who presents it says during a segment about the Logan Paul/Mayweather fight that since watching the Netflix documentary on FI last year he's gone from having no interest in that sport to actually getting up three times this year at 5am (he lives in LA) to watch Grand Prix's. The key to this being his engagement with the characters involved with F1, his interest in the storylines.

So this got me thinking imagine if Netflix did the same for Racing. Let's say a crew was following Nicholls around all season and he's going on about how much he wants to stick it to the Irish at Cheltenham. Play that storyline up, have a few crews following the British trainers round showing them getting hot under the collar as the pressure mounts in Feb and March. Then the cameras catch Nicholls trashing the plants in the conservatory after Bravemansgame got twatted in the Ballymore. Get them to play to the cameras, encourage a bit of needle. The sport can't compete with football because that sport always has the ready made engagement of just supporting a team - but if we can get people engaging with the characters and storylines within the sport, the rivalries that obviously exist - surely it's an angle that could lead to a surge in interest.

Thanks
    Surely the Tom and Holly argument would be the way to go.

Thanks
    Angle not argument.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 805 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I imagine too many breathing ops and wife changes with PN.
    "Desperate Trainers " may be more Jilly Cooper than NBA .
    Do a fly on the wall prepping for a punt and I would definitely watch it.