Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tracking devices

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts

Tracking devices

Is there an online facility for tracking races as opposed to individual horses (which I already do)?

Just curious.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 927 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Won’t a calendar do?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

2017diary (22nd April 2021), littlelad (22nd April 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    Is there an online facility for tracking races as opposed to individual horses (which I already do)?

Just curious.
    Can you elaborate ?
    "The owls are not what they seem"

Thanks
    I came across a couple of races last week that might be a lot better than the race standard. If I'm right, they will throw up several winners in the coming weeks. Rather than track every horse individually, or even the first half-dozen in each race, I was wondering if there was a way of highlighting when any runner from those races reappears.

Hope that helps clarify, DG.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 927 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not come across such a thing. If you use a tracker such as Racing TV’s that links directly to a horses name (from the result, for example) then putting all the runners in is not too onerous?
    Last edited by barjon; 22nd April 2021 at 2:17 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (22nd April 2021)

Thanks
    Horseracebase does the job, but it is not free.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to chestnut For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (23rd April 2021)

Thanks
    Put the races on here and we'll all track them for you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Put the races on here and we'll all track them for you.
    I didn't want to put anyone to any bother.

The final two races on the Wednesday of Newmarket last week seem very fast. On the face of it, they're 'nothing' races to me. Normally I wouldn't pay much attention to them but my time ratings for them are piquing my interest.

The first was a mile 3yo fillies' maiden race, the second a modest 10f 3yo hcap, the types of races I'd normally shy away from like Rifleman.

Being the last two races on the card, I suppose it's possible the ground had dried out a lot through the afternoon or that maybe a strong tailwind had got up but both these races are working out very fast.

I don't know what the closing sectional pars are at Newmarket but not only did these races produce fast times, they produced fast closing splits. And the fields were chock a block with representatives of just about all the big trainers you could name.

I reckon the latter race, won by a Shadwell horse from a Godolphin, will be particularly important in lots of middle-distance hcaps in the coming weeks.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 24th April 2021 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks
    I know it's more work but when you put a horse in tracker there's a facility to "add note" & "include in email" which could be used for your purposes but I assume that it would be the time involved in entering so many horses individually that's the issue here DO?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2017diary View Post
    I know it's more work but when you put a horse in tracker there's a facility to "add note" & "include in email" which could be used for your purposes but I assume that it would be the time involved in entering so many horses individually that's the issue here DO?
    Yes. I get email alerts for my ATR trackees. I'll put in four or five a week and track them for their next three runs (Waldkonig finally paid me back yesterday but Highest Ground and Hukum were also flagged so I had a decision to make).

I didn't want to track the first six, say, from each of those races on the basis of sheer numbers. I just presumed there was a way of flagging up, for example, when a runner from the 2000G or Derby etc reappeared and that the means of doing that could be applied to other races.

The chances are the principals from the two races will turn out in Saturday handicaps so I might be able to spot them on the day but the others are likely to pop up in Class 3 or 4 races midweek when I wouldn't normally be interested in betting anything.

There was a Sandown race last August that Simon Rowlands highlighted on his ATR blog. He suggested the first four (at least) were above average for that class, and smart. I tracked all four and they have done okay:

1. One Ruler (won two runs later at 5/1 and now fav for the Guineas)
    2. Maximal (won next time out odds-on but overall slightly disappointing, probably being plotted up for something like the Britannia)
    3. Latest Generation (won next time out and also shaping up like a plot for something)
    4. Mithras (beaten next time at odds-on but has won both races since)

The fifth and sixth also won next time out.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 24th April 2021 at 9:37 AM.

Thanks
    And I remember from many, many years ago a Wood Ditton where something like the first 10 all won within their next couple of outings (including one at the Chester meeting @ 33's). Who was it who said nostalgia isn't what it used to be?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 2017diary For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (24th April 2021)

Thanks
    I've edited post #8 above. I'd had some kind of brain fart in saying it was a 5f hcap. (I think I hit the wrong tab on my taskbar.) It was a mile maiden and again most of the big noises were represented.

Thanks
    I didn't want to put anyone to any bother.

The final two races on the Wednesday of Newmarket last week seem very fast. On the face of it, they're 'nothing' races to me. Normally I wouldn't pay much attention to them but my time ratings for them are piquing my interest.

The first was a mile 3yo fillies' maiden race, the second a modest 10f 3yo hcap, the types of races I'd normally shy away from like Rifleman.

Being the last two races on the card, I suppose it's possible the ground had dried out a lot through the afternoon or that maybe a strong tailwind had got up but both these races are working out very fast.

I don't know what the closing sectional pars are at Newmarket but not only did these races produce fast times, they produced fast closing splits. And the fields were chock a block with representatives of just about all the big trainers you could name.

I reckon the latter race, won by a Shadwell horse from a Godolphin, will be particularly important in lots of middle-distance hcaps in the coming weeks.
    I'll stick the horses in a tracker and update as we go.

Thanks
    Thanks, Slim. I've tracked (next three runs only) the first six from the fillies' race and the first five (nearly three lengths back to the sixth) in the other race. I'll stick them up on this thread as and when they appear.

There's obviously no guarantee any of them will win but I'm keen to monitor them on account of the fast times.

Thanks
    Thanks, Slim. I've tracked (next three runs only) the first six from the fillies' race and the first five (nearly three lengths back to the sixth) in the other race. I'll stick them up on this thread as and when they appear.

There's obviously no guarantee any of them will win but I'm keen to monitor them on account of the fast times.
    I want to see how this goes. You'll know well that one good winner always leads to two or three winners,

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (25th April 2021)

Thanks
    On that Wednesday the draw bias was pretty obvious that you needed to be against the fair rail. The first 3 home were:

13.15: 6-11-10
    13:50: 5-6-1
    14:25: 3-2-1
    15:35: 3-1-8
    16:10: 5-11-3
    16:40: 4-5-1

Professional Widow would be the one that would interest me the most out of the two races.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thursday April 29th 2021
    Strawberri at Chelmsford (PT) 20:15

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Wednesday April 27th 2021
    Delta Bay at Ascot 14:10

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (27th April 2021)

Thanks
    Might just be a race to watch. Looks like a step up in class and some outfits that were beaten last time take her on with possibly better fillies.

I'll have a closer look later.

Thanks
    Put those two races in the bin and start again...