Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Neighbours

Thanks
    Got back from Tesco this afternoon walking up the driveway before my crazy Irish, drunk next door neighbour and his wife started talking to us, apparently i'm a fairy who's out cleaning the garden at 4am, my friend is Elvis Costello and the other one is a pixie, which shocked me a great deal.
    I feel rather uncomfortable now given it can't all be down to the fact he was drunk at 4pm.
    anyone else have similar tales?

Martin
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

Ardross
    Sheffield don't you just love it

Thanks
    It was never like that in Totley.
    Banned

Derek.Burgess
    Irish Stamp,
    being a leither,those remarks would be on the higher side of complimentary when talking in terms of St,Helens,Wigan or indeed the greater area of Liverpool.

Thanks
    Funny you should mention it Martin, but my current neighbour is a complete & utter loony tune. To cut a very long story short, he has been inside for a few short spells for attacking/threatening my flatmate (& her family before her, who were forced to move out as a consequence). Due to bail restrictions he is on a curfew from 8pm-6am and is not allowed within something like 20 yards of my flatmate or her family. However, they are allowing him to continue to live in the flat below us! What tends to happen, particularly at weekends, is that he gets smacked out on drugs (his bail also forbids him to enter any licenced premises) & gets shitty when he has to be back inside by 8pm so then he starts smashing up furniture & yelling up to us that he is going to burn down the building, or something similarly endearing. When I got back from the UK at 8-9pm Tues night my flatmate informed me that whilst I was away he had gone for her & threatened to kill her, thus she is giving up the flat so I was homeless again! After a great deal of panicking and desperate phonecalls I have now found a room in a flat in Spain, thank God! I'm just glad that I get on with the girl whose flat it is & that it is a lovely flat as it was the only option I had other than sleeping on the beach as there was literally nothing about! :what:
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Derek.Burgess
    SL,
    the latter would be a better option,for your new flatmates sake.

Thanks
    Derek's neighbours obviously have one! :P
    Just Singin' the Blues ........

Derek.Burgess
    me and my shadow.

Thanks
    Would someone care to translate Derek's first posting in this thread for me?
    You should not confuse your career with your life.

Derek.Burgess
    Oh,neighbours,what are those horrible things. It's like telling a Rolls Royce Salesman that the boot is a tad small.

The reply:

People who own a Rolls,send thier luggage on.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Dave G@Oct 2 2004, 09:00 AM
    Would someone care to translate Derek's first posting in this thread for me?
    Don't worry about it Dave, it's yet another thinly veiled insult directed towards me.

My mistake, that wasn't his first post on this thread.
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Thanks
    Crazy neighbours are good for the area. You're never short of someone to talk about. The difficulty is if they impact negatively on you or others.

Where we lived before, two of our neighbouring families were utter nutters. When the lovely girl next door had a much-sought-after baby, one of these cretins put a With Sympathy (black cross and all) card through the door.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    MO, I was going to send a few GET WELL CARDS to a few on here.......

Yes a week last Saturday I was awoken at 1-30 am having just dropped off, with screams and shouts, to look out of the bedroom window to see my neighbours (AGAIN) fighting in the middle of the street 4 guys (handbags at 4 paces) and 3 women doing the screaming!! but its now the norm so nothing untoward here in the Bronx..................
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Derek.Burgess
    Dave G,
    i was born in leigh (hence Leither) the instigator of this thread either comes from or lives (normally) in the Area of Wigan,St Helens or,to broaden it out,the greater Liverpool area.

He will know of the intense rivalry of the local Rugby Teams.

St Helens,Wigan,Leigh and the once not very good Liverpool Stanley.

For instance Alex Murphy Played for St Helens,at a future date he coached Leigh.

There were lots of player movements in both directions and both sets of supporters were always at it.

The Wigan and Leigh set to's were of a more Physical kind.I can remember the Wigan Empire days when members of both teams got into fights on a monthly basis.

People used to say that they knew the result of a local derby by the number of blinds drawn over the windows of the losing towns houses.

Apart from that St Helens pinched my mates Sonwho is/was one the best players that the Saints have had for donkey years.

As for SL,hey babe look behind you,QUICK!

Is there anybody there?

Thanks
    Would your mates son be a certain Mr. Higham Derek? - well he's the best Saints player at present and should be in the GB 17.
    I have in the past been led to believe that Leither is spelt Leyther, i'm probs wrong on that.
    Also Ellery Hanley played for Wigan, then coached St. Helens. Oh and Gary Connolly still gets the "Judas" chant (he left Saints in 1992 and played for us - Wigan for 10+ years before moving to Leeds and now back to Wigan again - he saw sense).

Martin

Thanks
    Thank you Derek. I have never heard of a "Leither", so didn't have the foggiest what you were on about in most of the posting.
    You should not confuse your career with your life.

Derek.Burgess
    martin,
    the spelling is ancient as is recollection of good Rugby League,although i would go along with you on E.Hanley and Gary Conelly.

The name of that friend of mine goes back to the 1950's and sixties,is one Mick Martyn. Mick,along with Dick Huddart in partnership in the second row and Peter Foster at loose forward (the best low tackler i have ever seen) distributing the ball to those two,on the burst was a sight to behold.

Tommy Martyn has played an integral part in the fortunes of St Helens over his time with them.

Wigan,With E.H and Joe Lydon et al stir up great memories of a bygone age.

Who can forget Chariots trotting the length of the pitch with the hounds baying at his heels,never in with a chance.

Thanks
    "The name of that friend of mine goes back to the 1950's and sixties,"

Conjures up pictures of an army clerk sitting it out waiting for a gross inflated pension paid for by the hardworking British taxpayer. Nothing at all like a nasty greedy farmer accepting subsidies to maintain his longstanding business.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Derek.Burgess@Oct 2 2004, 12:14 PM
    martin,
    the spelling is ancient as is recollection of good Rugby League,although i would go along with you on E.Hanley and Gary Conelly.

The name of that friend of mine goes back to the 1950's and sixties,is one Mick Martyn. Mick,along with Dick Huddart in partnership in the second row and Peter Foster at loose forward (the best low tackler i have ever seen) distributing the ball to those two,on the burst was a sight to behold.

Tommy Martyn has played an integral part in the fortunes of St Helens over his time with them.

Wigan,With E.H and Joe Lydon et al stir up great memories of a bygone age.

Who can forget Chariots trotting the length of the pitch with the hounds baying at his heels,never in with a chance.
    Heck, forgot about Tommy M, not sure how - maybe it was wishful thinking.
    Yeah Offiah's tries at Wembley are legendary, remember going down with there with my dad (for Cas, Widnes and the two games against Leeds) when i was much younger, rounded GB full back Allan Tait for one of them, absolute class then he was on his knees exhausted, 37C i think was the temperature that day.
    Brilliant - Jason Robinson played ok that day too.

Martin

Derek.Burgess
    Griff,
    You obviously are not very good at magic.

You are of course entitled to your opinion.

There is amall difference though.

Casing a pack of hounds across a number of fields with the objective being the death of a fox.

against

chasing round a bombed out area picking up injured,dying and dead,military and civilians.

In the case of Northern Irelend women and children 1970,1974, and 1976.

Twice at Albert St Mill Belfast and one tour at Fort George Londonderry.

Love to race you from the Divis Flats back to the mill,