Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gordy Elliott Horror Picture Show

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggers1972 View Post
    I'm stunned that the public outrage over a man sitting on a dead horse seems to be worse than one of the games leading owners kidnapping his own daughter.
    Absolutely, and there has to be the chance the RP will welcome the opportunity to continue to deflect attention away from their own doorstep.

For all the utter absence of self- and situation-awareness of GE in the original photo, I would also want to know more about who is behind the release of the picture on social media and their motivation for it.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by redundant pal View Post
    The horses won’t run because he will have his licence suspended by the BHA under honesty and integrity grounds with particular reference to animal welfare.

To paraphrase Sir Alex Ferguson no one person is bigger than the sport.
    Please don't spout **** that might make people cash out bets etc. The horses will run. Once they are entered nothing can stop them running.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Please don't spout **** that might make people cash out bets etc. The horses will run. Once they are entered nothing can stop them running.
    Tbh this is all i need to know. Its so very selfish given the circumstances, but one must think of themselves and their own pocket sometimes.

Cheers

Thanks
    Betfair discontinues association with Gordon Elliott following a dead horse photo.

"While we recognise that Gordon deeply regrets and apologised unreservedly for his poor judgement his actions are completely at odds with the values of the Betfair brand and that of our employees.

"With that in mind, we have decided to discontinue our association with Gordon with immediate effect."

Sh1t flows downhill I'm afraid.

The BHA, which governs the sport in Britain, also urged the Irish authorities to act quickly as racing prepares for this month's Cheltenham Festival...It doesn't look good for his chances....He may stand down..
    Last edited by Maxbet; 1st March 2021 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbet View Post
    Betfair discontinues association with Gordon Elliott following a dead horse photo.

"While we recognise that Gordon deeply regrets and apologised unreservedly for his poor judgement his actions are completely at odds with the values of the Betfair brand and that of our employees.

"With that in mind, we have decided to discontinue our association with Gordon with immediate effect."

Sh1t flows downhill I'm afraid.

The BHA, which governs the sport in Britain, also urged the Irish authorities to act quickly as racing prepares for this month's Cheltenham Festival...It doesn't look good for his chances....He may stand down..
    Betfair aren’t going to be the only ones. There will likely be a rush to protect reputations and the corollary is that if you don’t follow the line you condone his actions. Thus, landslides start.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Suspending his license quickly before Cheltenham with immediate effect surely has to be an option for the powers that be though, Slim.

It's wishful thinking on your behalf if you think that's not possible.

If I was a backer of his horses, (without the NRNB concession) , I'd be considering cashing out my bets.

Unless as a punter you happen to think your bookie would be good enough to refund your stakes should your horses not run due to what's happend here.
    Last edited by Marb; 1st March 2021 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The BHA are using the spare time they spend not dealing with an owner allegedly imprisoning a human family member very wisely. A thick gobshite sitting on a dead animal is far more nefarious.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post
    Suspending his license quickly before Cheltenham with immediate effect surely has to be an option for the powers that be though, Slim.

If I was a backer of his horses, (without the NRNB concession) I'd be considering cashing out my bets.

Unless as a punter you happen to think your bookie would be good enough to refund your stakes should your horses not run due to what's happened.
    If the horses were suspended you would get them as a non-runner under ante-post rules...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    I am personally astounded that he should do something like this. When I first looked at the photo I convinced myself that it was photoshopped! Probably because I just couldn’t believe that someone I respected as a trainer could behave like this.
    That he did and has openly admitted it, makes me appalled. There is simply no defending him IMO. He has brought racing into disrepute and for that he should lose his licence. Were it a smaller trainer, that would have happened by now!

And as for the Sheikh Mo situation, well the “powers that be” are far too scared of blinking the wrong way in his direction for fear of him pulling out of racing. Of course it should be considered. But is highly unlikely to be. They’re too busy a*selicking him.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by an capall View Post
    The BHA are using the spare time they spend not dealing with an owner allegedly imprisoning a human family member very wisely. A thick gobshite sitting on a dead animal is far more nefarious.
    There is a huge difference between an owner and a trainer - granting a licence being the biggest and most obvious one. Secondly and you have said it yourself 'allegedly' against proven guilt and thirdly the BHA haven't done a thing yet. The case is being dealt with by the the Irish authorities. Complete apples and oranges comparison.

Do you still think that it isn't even a good photoshop??

Thanks
    Several trainers are already asking the public not to tar all trainers with the same brush. Tricky times for Gordon to save himself.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Does anyone object to separating the posts re the GE situation into a new thread from the Chris Cook posts on this (his!) thread.
    "The owls are not what they seem"

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

dvds2000 (1st March 2021), Len Madeiros (1st March 2021), Maxbet (1st March 2021), wilsonl (1st March 2021)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbet View Post
    If the horses were suspended you would get them as a non-runner under ante-post rules...
    Well that's good to know for anyone who's backed his horses.

Thanks

If I was a backer of his horses, (without the NRNB concession) , I'd be considering cashing out my bets.

Unless as a punter you happen to think your bookie would be good enough to refund your stakes should your horses not run due to what's happend here.
    My Twitter timeline is full of people doing Energumene (marsh) and Tritonic (triumph) doubles. Also makes the chance of Roual Paggaile going to the NH Chase more likely.
    A lot of knock on effects.

Id say 95% of my bets have a Gordon runner going through them. Some with Hills and Skybet with no cash outs available. My dummy will come massively out of the pram if his horses are not able to run.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    Does anyone object to separating the posts re the GE situation into a new thread from the Chris Cook posts on this (his!) thread.

Thought the same myself.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    Makes sense, Cook doesn't need to be tarred with this...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    My Twitter timeline is full of people doing Energumene (marsh) and Tritonic (triumph) doubles. Also makes the chance of Roual Paggaile going to the NH Chase more likely.
    A lot of knock on effects.

Id say 95% of my bets have a Gordon runner going through them. Some with Hills and Skybet with no cash outs available. My dummy will come massively out of the pram if his horses are not able to run.
    I feel for you. Fingers crossed. According to Maxbet there is a stipulation in the rules that if a horse is 'suspended' you'd get your stakes back, Double.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Gigginstown House Stud says it will continue to support Gordon Elliott despite the "deeply regrettable" photo of the trainer
    "The owls are not what they seem"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Don't see how they can suspend the horses. It's not as if there is a mass doping issue involved.

It probably doesn't serve any purpose to speculate what outcome the investigation might produce but has any other yard's horses ever been prevented from running for a breach of social etiquette by a trainer?

Would they be suspended if the trainer didn't bow/curtsy to Madge? (I wouldn't so it's maybe just as well I don't own horses.)
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks

Once the horses are entered they can run. I can't put it simpler than that.