Thread: Princess Latifah

Thanks

Princess Latifah

Has anyone else been watching tonight's Panorama programme detailing Sheik Mohammed's terrible treatment of his daughter? The unfortunate woman is shut up in a house where none of the windows open, she has no access to media or to a phone, no visits or contact with friends or family, and no indication of when or how her imprisonment might end,

I reckon it would be good to see dozens, scores, even hundreds of fillies running next season with Latifah as part of their name.
    Last edited by Grey; 17th February 2021 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,143 Times in 1,023 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Come on now ex Irish president Mary Robinson, head of U. N on human rights or whatever you are, It's not her illness of bi polar that's traumatising her, its the fact she's locked up in solitary confinement ffs.

Edited
    Last edited by Marb; 17th February 2021 at 12:14 AM.

Thanks
    Having seen some of the news reports I find it appalling that any father would treat his daughter that way. That said, there are so many instances, throughout the world, of men, women and children being detained in unacceptable conditions, the vast majority having committed no offence. One shouldn't/can't ignore such treatment but inability to do something positive really makes me despair and there is a limit to the number of times one can bang one's head against the wall.

On reflection why not show what we think!

Thanks
    I'd suggest he put Rab Havlin in her place.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Is this an existential issue fro Godolphin? I'm sure one of the attractions for UAE/Dubai/Sheikh Mo is that the investment levels smooths an easy path into a societal layer he craves and if backs were turned....
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Thanked 3,496 Times in 2,753 Posts
    It looks like the UN are getting involved so maybe something positive might happen.

I do hope the BBC are 100% sure of their investigation. I would hate to think the daughter and her 'friend' have some sort of agenda against the Sheikh.

The skydiving film was supposed to have been only a couple of years ago so things couldn't have been too bad between her and her father then. What could have happened in the interim?

My 'conspiracy theorist's' guess would be that the two women have fallen for each other and the Sheikh isn't happy about it. (Which would be a mistake, in my opinion. I would prefer it if my daughter fell for a good woman than a bad man.)

As for the princess herself, I would.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 883 Posts
    Didn't his estranged wife leave for similar reasons to his daughter?

Thanks
    I like that it's taken a Princess for the BBC to question how women are treated under Shaira Law. If she was a poor person Panorama wouldn't give a ****.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (17th February 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    Didn't his estranged wife leave for similar reasons to his daughter?
    I think Princess Haya fled for her life because he found out she was having an affair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to viking For This Useful Post:

reet hard (17th February 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I like that it's taken a Princess for the BBC to question how women are treated under Shaira Law. If she was a poor person Panorama wouldn't give a ****.
    Partly true. The fact she is a princess certainly generates extra attention, but there is already plenty said in western media about the treatment of women under Sharia law. The difficulty for racing though is the prominence of Sheikh Mohammed and the rest of his clan within it.

As suggested by An tUasal Capall, cold shoulders and turned backs would potentially have a powerful effect. A succession of horses winning races with names like Where's Latifah, Locked Up Princess, Please Release Me, etc might also get a message across.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Princess Latifah (m): by Polar out of Battery Charge.

I apologise for making mild fun out of a serious situation, but I'm a bit of an horrible cu*nt sometimes, and a slave to my own amusement.

PS. The Sheik won't give two flying fu*cks through a rolling doughnut what the proles think. The super-wealthy just aren't wired to care.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 17th February 2021 at 2:11 PM.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Grasshopper For This Useful Post:

Slim (17th February 2021)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

What disappoints me most is that her Mammy is nowhere to be seen when so badly needed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails latifah.jpg  
    Last edited by an capall; 17th February 2021 at 4:18 PM.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    I think Princess Haya fled for her life because he found out she was having an affair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes indeed. I can't believe Mary Robinson was that naive to be honest, and she didn't come across very well in the interview. Difficult over zoom or whatever I accept, but something didn't quite ring true about her explanation of the understanding of the meeting in the first place.
    The UN won't do anything, they never do. One of the most useless organisations on the planet.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Racing Post utterly silent on this I see.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,143 Times in 1,023 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure Forest Of Dean was a Princess Haya owned horse.

Seems like her horse racing ownership in the U. K is not the same now.
    Last edited by Marb; 27th February 2021 at 4:35 PM.

Thanks
    There has been a series of articles in the Guardian this week about Israeli security company NSO and its Pegasus spyware, which is capable of infiltrating mobile phones without any need to deceive their owners into inadvertently facilitating it. Once it has gained access to a phone it can see and record everything.

One of the clients has been Dubai, so it's no surprise that Princesses Haya and Latifah's UK phones are on a list of 50,000 numbers proposed/considered/subjected to this kind of surveillance, along with 400 other UK citizens, one of whom is John Gosden. Serious stuff.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,496 Times in 2,753 Posts
    I wouldn't mind hacking into Gosden's phone.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    I wouldn't have thought they would have to hack into Gosden's phone, yes sir no sir three bags full sir - how many times do you want to hear it?
    Vote Alfie!!!!