Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Zanahiyr

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    Elliott has stated Duffle Coat is struggling to make it for Cheltenham
    As opposed to seeing him struggle at Cheltenham. Good result for his backers.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

Bonjers (17th February 2021)

Thanks
    Correct.
    All comers, all grounds, all beaten!

This perfect mix of poetry and destruction.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    As opposed to seeing him struggle at Cheltenham. Good result for his backers.
    If Duffle Coat would struggle then there wont be an english horse in the first 10! Duffle Coat gave the best english juvenile 5lbs and a beating. I still think he might turn up in the Boodles, unless Elliot has another plotted one for that

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    We don't have to agree on things.
    I disagree.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Maruco For This Useful Post:

Slim (18th February 2021)

Thanks
    Gordon needs to split up 8 or 9 jueveniles somehow. The Mares Novice is an option for Riviere D'etel, We know the two big guns go to the Triumph, which leaves several others as contenders for the Boodles. Surely he won't send more than three or four there, wihch leaves a couple that he could potentially fire at the handicaps withe the 4yo allowance. He might not and they could be saved, but I'll be looking to jump on any entries he makes.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruco View Post
    Gordon needs to split up 8 or 9 jueveniles somehow. The Mares Novice is an option for Riviere D'etel, We know the two big guns go to the Triumph, which leaves several others as contenders for the Boodles. Surely he won't send more than three or four there, wihch leaves a couple that he could potentially fire at the handicaps withe the 4yo allowance. He might not and they could be saved, but I'll be looking to jump on any entries he makes.
    Does he have to send 8 or 9? Outside of the big two most are exposed. I'm sure those who want to run in the Boodles, can, if they want. Gordon isn't going to deny them the opportunity. Unlikely to have the same number going over for the day out though.

Thanks
    He doensn't need to, but he'll be tempted if he can find the right races for them.

I guess we need to wait and see what marks some of his get, but the ones we know about all look pretty useful. Knock a juvenile allowance off and tjhey could potentially look very good for an open handicap HW.

I'm trying to rembember if anyone has run anything decent as a 4yo in an open handicap at the Festival? I've been racking my brains and I can't think of anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,497 Times in 2,754 Posts
    I think the juvenile allowance is overplayed when it comes to handicaps.

The allowance is there for a reason.

Why isn't the Supreme over-populated with juveniles?

Why aren't the big Saturday handicaps over-populated with juveniles?
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    There are very few juveniles that have been to the Supreme, but they have performed pretty well given there have been so few. Hors La Loi, Binoculor......... I reckon you'd have backed Our Connor if he'd turned up in the Supreme with a 7ln allowance Maurice?

And I reckon any of them would have pissed up in the County if they been given a mark in the high 140's and then had the juvenile allowance taken off.

All that said you've got to have one that's good enough in the first place.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,497 Times in 2,754 Posts
    There are very few juveniles that have been to the Supreme, but they have performed pretty well given there have been so few. Hors La Loi, Binoculor......... I reckon you'd have backed Our Connor if he'd turned up in the Supreme with a 7ln allowance Maurice?
    Probably not the best example to use, Maruco. By that, I mean that Our Conor was rated 150 (I had him on 148+p) but in the 2013 Supreme he would have been up against My Tent, rated 162, and Jezki, rated 154. He would still have won, in all probability, as my post-race mark for him was 168+ but the allowance wouldn't have played a part.

And I reckon any of them would have pissed up in the County if they been given a mark in the high 140's and then had the juvenile allowance taken off.
    They probably would, because their ORs under-rated them but, again, the allowance wouldn't have played a part. It might even have prevented them from making the cut!

The juvenile allowance isn't 'taken off' in handicaps. (I know you know that, Maruco, but some people might misinterpret what you're writing.)

If two horses are rated 140, one a 5yo and one a 4yo, they might be 8lbs apart in the weights but the adjustment for the younger horse is only made to 11-6 so it's swings and roundabouts. Carrying less weight might tilt it in favour of the younger horse but the older horse might be better built to carry the higher weight so, again, swings and roundabouts.

The only thing that really matters is whether the rating is correct in the first place. If 140 truly reflects the 4yo's ability but the older is really a 145 horse there's only one I would be interested in backing, and it wouldn't be the 4yo!

Binocular was rated a pound higher than Captain Cee Bee (143 v 142) but couldn't beat him getting the 8lbs.

All that said you've got to have one that's good enough in the first place.
    This is what matters.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (18th February 2021)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Zanahiyr for me looks a sure fire winner of the Triumph> Tritonic hit acouple of flat spots in the Adonis but eventually got going and won impressively.He hits one flat spot at Cheltenham race over for him.......you don't get away with it at Cheltenham
    Last edited by Tanlic; 3rd March 2021 at 8:28 AM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    Zanahiyr for me looks a sure fire winner of the Triumph> Tritonic hit acouple of flat spots in the Adonis but eventually got going and won impressively.He hits one flat spot at Cheltenham race over for him.......you don't get away with it at Cheltenham
    Big Bucks? Paisley Park? Inglis Drever? Envoi Allen....et seq
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Do we know the new arrangements for Zanahiyr? Ante-post pocket talking, here.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Madeiros View Post
    Do we know the new arrangements for Zanahiyr? Ante-post pocket talking, here.
    Still at the stable, and if the BHA don't lift their sanctions, he'll be staying in Ireland for the foreseeable future.

Thanks
    Thank you, Maxbet.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    unfair to you Len and thousans of others.........BHA are a bunch of dicks imo punishment could have been delays until after the Natinal the Elliot severley sanctioned and giving the yard time to replace him.....thousands of people are being affected because of 1 mans stupitity...that has got to be wrong
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by an capall View Post
    Big Bucks? Paisley Park? Inglis Drever? Envoi Allen....et seq
    i hear what you are saying but he's a long way to go to be as capable as any of them.......i just dont think he'll travel and the unduations will keep him on the back foot
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Tritonic had the speed to finish second over 10f at Royal Ascot. He did look to be bumped along a couple of times on Saturday but I don't think it was shortness of pace
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."