Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zanahiyr

Thanks

Zanahiyr

Anyone see this lad ending up in the Supreme ?

Thanks
    Was clipped a week or so ago, but no sure if thats cause of NRNB.

Exchange will tell you, but i would not at all be suprised.

Thanks
    I think Elliot will want to win a chelt race for the Morans and will go for the easiest target. RTE panel, including Geraghty, who rides both him and Quilixios, very straightforward in saying the yard know the pecking order.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,497 Times in 2,754 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrunner View Post
    Anyone see this lad ending up in the Supreme ?
    I hope not. I'm in up to my cojones at 4/1 for the Triumph.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Elliott, when interviewed, said after Quilixios won that Zanahiyr was going straight to the Triumph and Quilixios probably would but nearly offered an alternative before catching himself
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    Elliott, when interviewed, said after Quilixios won that Zanahiyr was going straight to the Triumph and Quilixios probably would but nearly offered an alternative before catching himself
    Interesting , I am convinced Quilixios was a marker for him today for future plans. Like DO it could cost me if he is switched.

Thanks
    I took 14/1 with Virgin the second he crossed the line on 29th Nov so I fecking hope so anyway

Thanks
    Elliot seemed adamant that he's going Triumph.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggers1972 View Post
    Elliot seemed adamant that he's going Triumph.
    He was fairly blunt over who was the better as well.

Thanks
    Chance of him running in the Supreme 0%

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

tiggers1972 (9th February 2021)

Thanks
    I disagree it's 0%.

They have a line on Appreciate It from Sunday's course and distance runs now, and if Zanahiyr is better than Quilixios, then there's a reasonable case to be made that Zanahiyr can finish ahead of Appreciate It with the 7lb allowance.

Following the logic through, Elliott beieves he has the best two juveniles in training and they'd finish 1-2 in the Triumph. There's no doubt the alternative of the Supreme will be discussed. They just have to. When discussing it, they'll also discuss Ballyadam chasing home Appreciate It's backside again. Ballyadam could also swtich to the Ballymore don't forget.

With what is assumed targets currently Elliott has a 1-2 in the Triumph, and a place at best in the Supreme. However by switching Zanahiyr to the Supreme, and Ballyadam to the Ballymore, he has 3 potential winners and not 1.

Whilst I agree it probably won't happen, I would certainly not rate it as 0%.

As a precaution I did the Quilixios Triumph and Zanahiyr Supreme 47/1ew double before the weekend, and added a Ballyadam Ballymore 624/1ew treble after the weekend. All no runner no bet, so nothing to lose and bets to nothing just in case.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruco View Post
    I disagree it's 0%.

They have a line on Appreciate It from Sunday's course and distance runs now, and if Zanahiyr is better than Quilixios, then there's a reasonable case to be made that Zanahiyr can finish ahead of Appreciate It with the 7lb allowance.
    Please God, NO!!!!!

Thanks
    I can see the logic but I presume you mean “if Zanahiyr is better than Ballyadam” rather than Quixilios, as there are no form lines to go on to even interpret that as meaning a 7lb allowance would allow Zanahiyr to master Appreciate It.

And the bet isn’t quite a nothing to lose just because it’s NRNB as, if Quixilios goes Triumph and is beaten by Zanahiyr then it’s a loser despite the Zanahiyr part being a NR.

Beaten by your own non runner would be hard to take

Thanks
    I did actually mean both Lee.

They already have a line at home between Ballyadam and Zanahiyr, but they now have the comparative times and performances between Quilixios and Appreciate It from Sunday, and can make assumptions based on Appreciate It having to give Zanahiyr 7lbs based on both of those things. You'd think they can get a pretty reliable guide on where they are against Appreciate It and whether Zanahiyr could justify a Supreme entry.

You're right about the nrnb part of course, but that wouldn't matter if I didn't believe Quilixios beats Zanahiyr on the stiff new course on the Friday. I already think Zanahiyr would be better suited by the old course on Tuesday whether he switches targets or not. Gordon has also said what 'type' each is, and based on his assessment of one being all speed and the other more a staying type he may draw the same conclusion as me.
    Last edited by Maruco; 9th February 2021 at 4:13 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Maruco For This Useful Post:

wilsonl (9th February 2021)

Thanks
    I disagree it's 0%.

Following the logic through, Elliott beieves he has the best two juveniles in training and they'd finish 1-2 in the Triumph. There's no doubt the alternative of the Supreme will be discussed. They just have to. When discussing it, they'll also discuss Ballyadam chasing home Appreciate It's backside again. Ballyadam could also swtich to the Ballymore don't forget.

With what is assumed targets currently Elliott has a 1-2 in the Triumph, and a place at best in the Supreme. However by switching Zanahiyr to the Supreme, and Ballyadam to the Ballymore, he has 3 potential winners and not 1.

Whilst I agree it probably won't happen, I would certainly not rate it as 0%.

As a precaution I did the Quilixios Triumph and Zanahiyr Supreme 47/1ew double before the weekend, and added a Ballyadam Ballymore 624/1ew treble after the weekend. All no runner no bet, so nothing to lose and bets to nothing just in case.
    It's 0%. I don't get these things wrong.

Thanks
    You do, but you might not get this one wrong!

Thanks
    You do, but you might not get this one wrong!
    Sometimes punters try to be too clever. See Escaria Ten Kim Muir. This theory reminds me of the Samcro 10/1 Supreme NRNB lads.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

littlelad (9th February 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Chance of him running in the Supreme 0%
    You can give me an example when I've been wrong too. I took some **** on here for the UDS (Arkle) - Vatour (Jewson) doube at 20/1. That was a proper related bet.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

littlelad (9th February 2021)

Thanks
    Interviewed the other day, Jack Kennedy seemed to be saying it had already been decided that he was riding Zanahiyr in the Triumph regardless.

I got the impression Gordon Elliot sees Zanahiyr as a future Champion Hurdler. He did say he was more of 'speed horse' than Ballyadam ("more of a staying type in the future" or words to that effect).

I wouldn't worry about the course. His Fairyhouse time was top class and he went easily all through the race, while he cruised clear off a modest pace last time. I think he just outclasses everything.

He would probably win the Supreme but I wouldn't say it was because of the weight. It's just wfa, after all. He's just better than anything else.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 9th February 2021 at 5:12 PM.

Thanks
    A timely piece from Simon Rowlands over at ATR:

https://www.attheraces.com/blogs/sec...triumph-hurdle

For what it's worth, I reckon Zanahiyr is some way better than he rates it.