Page 120 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2070110115116117118119120121122123 LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 2445

Thread: What are you backing Today? Part 2

  1. #2381
    Senior Member PlaceBacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,290
    Thanks
    366
    Thanked 260 Times in 216 Posts
    6.20 Kempton

    Form horses do not excite me so will chance a newcomer

    Hadley Park @ 3-1 [Bet 365]
    "The wise man is one who knows what he does not know"

  2. #2382
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,897
    Thanks
    461
    Thanked 433 Times in 365 Posts

    What are you backing Today? Part 2

    1.35 Worcester
    Texard ran well for a long way in a better race at Aintree last time and can open his account in the UK here with the capable Philip Armson up

    7/2 generally

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by viking; 22nd June 2022 at 10:16 AM.

  3. #2383
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
    Celtic Art 16.50 Salisbury 12/1

  4. #2384
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    6.50 kempton New Definition 9/4

  5. #2385
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,897
    Thanks
    461
    Thanked 433 Times in 365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    1.35 Worcester
    Texard ran well for a long way in a better race at Aintree last time and can open his account in the UK here with the capable Philip Armson up

    7/2 generally

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That went well. Dining on value again


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #2386
    Senior Member barjon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,806
    Thanks
    578
    Thanked 638 Times in 491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by barjon View Post
    Itís a long way to Carlisle, especially with diesel the price it is. Armour Propre 1:20. Looked a professional amongst amateurs in her debut run at Salisbury where she led until well inside the final furlong before giving best and was not knocked about. 3/1 early price.
    ran on, just denied

  7. #2387
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6,096
    Thanks
    1,021
    Thanked 896 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries
    105
    I have been through the afternoon cards tomorrow. Here's a few I fancy.

    Newcastle

    2:45 La Tihaty is very appealing for a bet as he has some excellent all weather form going back to early 2021. Basically he put in two poor efforts in March and April, but he's been gelded since and I feel he can get back to winning ways now after a decent break off the track. The Godolphin favourite could well win although he's unproven on this surface and I think La Tihaty is good value at 9/1 whether he wins or loses, I feel he's the right bet in this race.

    3:20 Mega Marvel gets my vote as he's been dropped a few pounds in the handicap and although in his limited career thus far he has no good turf form to speak of, he did win here at Newcastle on only his second start, so he must like this place and this surface.

    Newmarket

    4:20 Recurrent Dream has come over from Ireland from Ger Lyons yard now trained by Alice Haynes. All we can really take out of his limited career in Ireland is that he knows how to win, having won twice, and now gelded hopefully he can build on that in what is his first start in the U.K. It seems to me a mark of 83 is a good fair mark for him to try and exploit here.

    4:55 Far Too Beautiful is a horse who is sliding down the handicap but warrants some respect as his last effort was actually decent as he was staying on quite well, looking like todays trip of two miles would suit him well. He wore the first time cheekpieces that day and wears them again here. I reckon he'll go close off this mark.

    Fingers crossed tomorrow.
    Last edited by Marb; 22nd June 2022 at 6:40 PM.

  8. #2388
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,589
    Thanks
    444
    Thanked 700 Times in 583 Posts
    Lord Rapscallion 3.45Nm
    5/1 B365
    When all else fails - apply logic.

  9. #2389
    Senior Member PlaceBacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,290
    Thanks
    366
    Thanked 260 Times in 216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PlaceBacker View Post
    6.20 Kempton

    Form horses do not excite me so will chance a newcomer

    Hadley Park @ 3-1 [Bet 365]
    Well backed...well beaten
    "The wise man is one who knows what he does not know"

  10. #2390
    Senior Member PlaceBacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,290
    Thanks
    366
    Thanked 260 Times in 216 Posts
    3.10 Newmarket-Next Chapter

    Each Way @ 12-1 [Bet 365]

    Could test the 4-9 "good thing"
    "The wise man is one who knows what he does not know"

  11. #2391
    Senior Member barjon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,806
    Thanks
    578
    Thanked 638 Times in 491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    52
    Thundering 1:00 Newcastle. Debut handicap after running pretty well in maiden and novices. Due to go up 2lb. 3/1 atm.
    Last edited by barjon; 23rd June 2022 at 10:22 AM.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

    Marb (23rd June 2022)

  13. #2392
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Two short price ones today.

    Lion Of War Newcastle

    I Am The Sea Leicester.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to king pele For This Useful Post:

    Marb (23rd June 2022)

  15. #2393
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6,096
    Thanks
    1,021
    Thanked 896 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post
    I have been through the afternoon cards tomorrow. Here's a few I fancy.

    Newcastle

    2:45 La Tihaty is very appealing for a bet as he has some excellent all weather form going back to early 2021. Basically he put in two poor efforts in March and April, but he's been gelded since and I feel he can get back to winning ways now after a decent break off the track. The Godolphin favourite could well win although he's unproven on this surface and I think La Tihaty is good value at 9/1 whether he wins or loses, I feel he's the right bet in this race.

    3:20 Mega Marvel gets my vote as he's been dropped a few pounds in the handicap and although in his limited career thus far he has no good turf form to speak of, he did win here at Newcastle on only his second start, so he must like this place and this surface.

    Newmarket

    4:20 Recurrent Dream has come over from Ireland from Ger Lyons yard now trained by Alice Haynes. All we can really take out of his limited career in Ireland is that he knows how to win, having won twice, and now gelded hopefully he can build on that in what is his first start in the U.K. It seems to me a mark of 83 is a good fair mark for him to try and exploit here.

    4:55 Far Too Beautiful is a horse who is sliding down the handicap but warrants some respect as his last effort was actually decent as he was staying on quite well, looking like todays trip of two miles would suit him well. He wore the first time cheekpieces that day and wears them again here. I reckon he'll go close off this mark.

    Fingers crossed tomorrow.
    All each prices so did them each way.

    Mega Marvel is the one I'm watching with interest the most as he's best backed in the market. I have double figure prices on him each way.

    Good luck all today.
    Last edited by Marb; 23rd June 2022 at 12:53 PM.

  16. #2394
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6,096
    Thanks
    1,021
    Thanked 896 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by barjon View Post
    Thundering 1:00 Newcastle. Debut handicap after running pretty well in maiden and novices. Due to go up 2lb. 3/1 atm.
    Fantastic shout, Barj.

    Posters are sometimes looked at a bit oddly if they put up relatively short priced horses up but a 3/1 winner is a good 3/1 winner.

    As Slim said before. There's an art to it.

    Keep posting and try to keep it going!
    Last edited by Marb; 23rd June 2022 at 1:25 PM.

  17. #2395
    Senior Member barjon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,806
    Thanks
    578
    Thanked 638 Times in 491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post
    Fantastic shout, Barj.

    Posters are sometimes looked at a bit oddly if they put up relatively short priced horses up but a 3/1 winner is a good 3/1 winner.

    As Slim said before. There's an art to it.

    Keep posting and try to keep it going!
    Thx. I did put up a 7/1 the other day - that’s a long shot for me
    Last edited by barjon; 23rd June 2022 at 2:46 PM.

  18. #2396
    Senior Member PlaceBacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,290
    Thanks
    366
    Thanked 260 Times in 216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PlaceBacker View Post
    3.10 Newmarket-Next Chapter

    Each Way @ 12-1 [Bet 365]

    Could test the 4-9 "good thing"
    ​2nd
    "The wise man is one who knows what he does not know"

  19. #2397
    Senior Member barjon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,806
    Thanks
    578
    Thanked 638 Times in 491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    52
    I’ve been waiting for Hannon’s Mugader 3:55 Doncaster to go over a longer trip and he is down from 13/2 early price to 4/1 atm. There’s a few others with unknown potential at this trip so it won’t be a full bet.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barjon For This Useful Post:

    del boy (24th June 2022), Marb (24th June 2022)

  21. #2398
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Pure Dignity Newmarket

  22. #2399
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6,096
    Thanks
    1,021
    Thanked 896 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries
    105
    Newcastle 6.35 - Illusionist really stepped up when winning after his winter break the last day at York. After another nice 44 day break I think he is a fascinating contender in this sprint and fancy him to score again if in the same sort of form. At 9/1 or thereabouts I am happy to pay to find out.
    Last edited by Marb; 24th June 2022 at 3:28 PM.

  23. #2400
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6,096
    Thanks
    1,021
    Thanked 896 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries
    105
    Newcastle 7.10 Pearl Beach has an awesome record on the all weather, winning six races from about a dozen starts, near enough a 50 percent win strike rate then, and although she has been contesting handicaps she has won plenty of those, is very consistent and looks to be an improving type.
    Last edited by Marb; 24th June 2022 at 3:57 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •