Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham 2022 antepost

Thanks

Cheltenham 2022 antepost

anyone done anything yet?

did a perm for fun of bob olinger (marsh) appreciate it (arkle) and monkfish (gold cup) with envoi allen (klng george) lobbed in

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesRB For This Useful Post:

Outsider (20th March 2021)

Thanks
    Ill wait till summwr when you hear leaks of plans etc.

Ferny Hollow one to keep an eye on

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    I took 33/1 Zanahiyr for the Champion Hurle a couple of weeks ago.

I'm deeply suspicious of the ride he got yesterday. Although prominent, he was never really asked to go about his business until the race was over.

I suppose the first-time tongue-tie could have been interpreted as a warning. Obviously it did to some people but it's never been a secret that he's held in much higher regard than the winner. It remains to be seen if anything comes to light but I have my own suspicions about what was at play here.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post

I'm deeply suspicious of the ride he got yesterday. Although prominent, he was never really asked to go about his business until the race was over.

I suppose the first-time tongue-tie could have been interpreted as a warning. Obviously it did to some people but it's never been a secret that he's held in much higher regard than the winner. It remains to be seen if anything comes to light but I have my own suspicions about what was at play here.
    Almost certainly a breathing issue yesterday DO.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tiggers1972 For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (20th March 2021)

Thanks
    I did Ballyadam (50s) Champion Hurdle and Energumene (25s) Ryanair before the Festival.

Since added Bravemansgame (20s) Brown Advisory and Tellmesomethinggirl (14s) Mares

Thanks

You've got to be kidding me. Owned and trained by different people. The horse **** the bed and was too keen. He was beat after 5f.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    You've got to be kidding me. Owned and trained by different people. The horse **** the bed and was too keen. He was beat after 5f.
    Agree. Kennedy couldn’t get the horse settled and said to Mrs in running it would lose after 3 flights.

What dark arts do you think were at play DO? You’re very suspicious when a horse doesn’t win
    First time tongue tie was there for us all to see. When the money came for Quillixios I genuinely thought it was just the general public backing Blackmore, so i had more on Zanahiyr.
    Last edited by Double J; 20th March 2021 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks
    Owned by different people, yes. Trained by different people? Only in the last two weeks.

There was even talk earlier about avoiding Zanahiyr with Q.

I'll need to watch the race again to check on his keenness. I was watching it closely, obviously, and felt it was half-asleep early in the race. I was on the edge of my seat by the second hurdle muttering angrily 'WTF are you playing at?!'

I wanted to see Zan go hard and fast because of 'that' win earlier in the season. He showed next time he could win off a slow pace but I didn't think they would take any chances. When I saw the tongue tie I wondered if he had a problem or if they were just making sure.

Yes, I go into 'dark arts' mode when things don't pan out as I think they should. Here I thought by halfway Zan had a problem they were keeping quiet about knowing they could clean up at far better odds on Quilixios who would have been odds-on if Zan had been withdrawn.

Maybe they genuinely felt Zan would win anyway but that wasn't the same horse that smashed the clock to pieces earlier.

The brother was on the phone straight after the race expressing the same sentiments and he wasn't even on it.

But I'll watch it again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 927 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Owned by different people, yes. Trained by different people? Only in the last two weeks.

There was even talk earlier about avoiding Zanahiyr with Q.

I'll need to watch the race again to check on his keenness. I was watching it closely, obviously, and felt it was half-asleep early in the race. I was on the edge of my seat by the second hurdle muttering angrily 'WTF are you playing at?!'

I wanted to see Zan go hard and fast because of 'that' win earlier in the season. He showed next time he could win off a slow pace but I didn't think they would take any chances. When I saw the tongue tie I wondered if he had a problem or if they were just making sure.

Yes, I go into 'dark arts' mode when things don't pan out as I think they should. Here I thought by halfway Zan had a problem they were keeping quiet about knowing they could clean up at far better odds on Quilixios who would have been odds-on if Zan had been withdrawn.

Maybe they genuinely felt Zan would win anyway but that wasn't the same horse that smashed the clock to pieces earlier.

The brother was on the phone straight after the race expressing the same sentiments and he wasn't even on it.

But I'll watch it again.
    Yes, didn’t play to his strengths. I thought it was a clever ride from Rachel, she kept Zan boxed in behind the leader all the time so he had nowhere to go and when a gap opened at the second last - when the leader jinked left over it - she promptly closed it so the whole thing finished up as a run-in sprint. Throughout the race there was no chance for Zan to take the hard and fast route once Rachel had him tied up.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by barjon View Post
    Yes, didn’t play to his strengths. I thought it was a clever ride from Rachel, she kept Zan boxed in behind the leader all the time so he had nowhere to go and when a gap opened at the second last - when the leader jinked left over it - she promptly closed it so the whole thing finished up as a run-in sprint. Throughout the race there was no chance for Zan to take the hard and fast route once Rachel had him tied up.
    Was Zan not in behind by design from Kennedy? I thought the horse was way to keen and was deliberate to try and settle him.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 927 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    Was Zan not in behind by design from Kennedy? I thought the horse was way to keen and was deliberate to try and settle him.
    Yes, and that gave Rachel the opportunity to tie him up so he had no option but to continue in the same vein.

Thanks

Elliot said numerous times that based on their homework he couldnt split them and that there was very little between them. I lost me boll*x on Zanahyir but there was nothing more than an off day at play here, they are juveniles after all.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef or Salmon View Post
    Elliot said numerous times that based on their homework he couldnt split them and that there was very little between them. I lost me boll*x on Zanahyir but there was nothing more than an off day at play here, they are juveniles after all.
    He did, latterly, but I reckon that was for the public perception and to keep the heat off expectations. He'd earlier said there was no doubt about where they stood relative to each other.

There's a chance Zan has never really got over that huge time performance despite winning next time out.

Thanks
    The best 4yo hurdler didn't even run at Cheltenham this week

Monmiral

Using Nassalam as a yardstick Monmiral would have pissed in

Thanks
    Zanahyir ran a stone below what I expected. The form of the race is garbage. I hope they all go to Punchestown and Quixilios is fav.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    Is French Aseel out for season?
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Thanked 1,129 Times in 998 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I dont know if I will still be alive this time next year but I've done a ew treble
    Honeysuckle champion hurdle 3/1
    Allaho Ryanair's 5/1
    Flooring porter stayers 6/1

167/1 treble.

Thanks
    I’ve seen worse prices than the 25/1 about Champ in the stayers
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    I’ve seen worse prices than the 25/1 about Champ in the stayers
    Please stop. Just stop...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    Is French Aseel out for season?
    His form is RANCID.