View Poll Results: Would you take the Vaccine?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

1 4.35%
  • Yes

22 95.65%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine

Thanks
    'The Great Plague' on Channel 5 is worth watching. Only seen the first episode as yet which includes much interesting stuff such as London's attempt in 1665 to isolate itself by preventing international shipping from entering the Thames and the 'contact tracing' carried out during the 1900 outbreak in Glasgow

https://www.channel5.com/show/the-great-plague/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    It’s excellent. I watched it as my nephew was production secretary on it (and also starred in it - he’s the close up, spooky looking male face on to camera). The programme is a bit repetitive at times but the information was fascinating and completely relevant to today’s situation. It also explains how the Plague spread contrary to original thoughts.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 979 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I will definitely get the jab when available with my age and underlying problems.
    I dont go out much only when necessary.

I read a piece just about track and trace.the nurse who wrote it said she rang one woman who had tested positive to ask her some questions and she said,I cant now as I'm in Starbucks..this is what were up against.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 875 Posts
    A read through this should dispel many of the doubts:

https://vitals.lifehacker.com/how-th...ast-1845880519

Thanks
    Just watched The Night Manager on BBC4. Missed it first time round. Will probably rewatch it as was scared to watch the last episode properly.

Thanks
    Yes, I did mean to put it on the what are you watching thread: I got sidetracked at the last minute!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to moe For This Useful Post:

granger (19th December 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    A read through this should dispel many of the doubts:

https://vitals.lifehacker.com/how-th...ast-1845880519
    bump

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Bring it on, baby. I’ve been called for my jab next Tuesday. Can’t wait.

Thanks
    Lucky you barjon. Had a phone call today to say a dear friend of mine had died of COVID. Had a fall, went to hospital, discharged to a nursing home, caught it and died. Thought they’d got a handle on that but it appears not to be the case. 96 years old but bright as a button. Proper racing fan, too: we used to discuss the King George every year and she used to nip into the bookies to place her bets on the way back from the shops. Could honestly do serious damage to any anti vacc'er/COVID deniers that I might bump into. Not that I’m likely to bump into anyone for the foreseeable future. My daughter has several friends all in their early forties suffering from it: one with long COVID. It’s getting very close to home.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    I'm getting more and more annoyed watching the TV coverage of the new restrictions and the lack of penetrative questioning by the other media.

We're moving into Christmas week and it's obvious from the graphics they're putting up on TV that they have known about this new strain and its hugely increased virulence for a number of days yet they're only acting now.

Of course Christmas is important to families but surely no more important than keeping family members alive.

I'm already resigned to not seeing Orchidette over the Christmas period but that's because Mrs O and I and Orchidette can look at the evidence and come to the obvious conclusion.

And, of course, (in my opinion) this government continues to sacrifice the lives of teachers because they don't want them to have more 'holidays'.

Murderous basterts.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If there’s one thing we’ve learned about this virus it’s that you’ve got to nip it in the bud and that hanging about is disastrous. In the first wave we had a six week lead time as we saw things develop in Europe, but still we finished up behind the pace. Same, now, with this latest strain. Instead of hitting hard and fast we’ve pissed about again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    Except that Sweden and Germany who were sitting there all smug first time round are now suffering.

I think they desperately wanted Christmas to go ahead but unfortunately too many people take out notice of any rules. People spread the virus not the Government. Friends said going into Taunton over the last few weeks, the blatant disregard for social distancing in shops was incredible. I could see this happening ages ago so did all my necessary shopping in November and haven’t had to go back.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    FFS

All this talk of manufacturing a stockpile at risk that we heard from August onwards, precisely to put in a position to respond to the exact crisis situation we're now sailing into, and how many has the UK government actually managed to oversee? 500,000 five bloody hundred thousand. That's all

This is a national scandal. Tens of thousands of people are going to needlessly die now, as well as hundreds of thousands of others becoming infected because this useless government lacks the skills set to project/ crisis manage

This was foreseeable. The hindsight defence has no place here. It's a lame excuse to cover poor individual performances from useless ministers who just lack the basics

Oh, and next time Hancock says there's use by date on the vaccine just remember he hasn't told us what the half life is. Why? Because its inside what he could have done. India has just confirmed the production of 40m doses of AstraZeneca's vaccine produced in the last 2 months (for use in India). That alone immediately gives the lie to Hancock's explanation

I fear the virus won the race. We potentially had a chance to turn this round if he'd built up a stockpile since August, but he's failed us

Now do the maths

The government has indicated they can produce 1 million a week. It's no where near enough

We're currently seeing infection rates of 55,000 a day. The festive holiday period counts are yet to feed in, and the more virulent strain is still expand out of the South East into other regions. We're staring down the barrel of 100,000 a day by the second/ third week of January. We have a case fatality rate of 2.95% on the current data (very high)

David Cameron might be one of the very worst Prime Ministers in British history, but Boris Johnson's flying circus would certainly have collective claims to the worst cabinet
    Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. _ Harry Limes

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Warbler For This Useful Post:

Desperate Dan (31st December 2020), moe (31st December 2020)

Thanks
    Seems the problem isn't producing the vaccine, but the lack of phials to put it in; can't believe it's beyond the wit of science to ship it wholesale, and break it into usable doses later?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    There is now an online calculator for predicting when you will be called for a jab

https://www.omnicalculator.com/healt...e-queue-uk#app
    "The owls are not what they seem"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That's a nice tool DG. Kudos to MattHancockscousin.co.uk Solfware Solutions. Well worth the £17Bn.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    There is now an online calculator for predicting when you will be called for a jab

https://www.omnicalculator.com/healt...e-queue-uk#app
    According to this I have '11,005,865 and 17,691,925 people' in front of me and will have to wait until between 25th March and 11th May for first one. Oh well.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Does anyone know how they contact you? They say ‘you will be contacted’ but is it by letter, by phone, by text? Carrier pigeon? Smoke signals.....

Thanks
    They informed my brother-in-law by phone, jab local GP, on Monday.
    Last edited by reet hard; 7th January 2021 at 9:25 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

moe (8th January 2021)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    100K+ Dead.

BJ: "We have done everything we could to save lives."

Latest Opinion Poll: Tories +3%

Can somebody with a UK vote/citizenship square this circle for me?
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."