View Poll Results: Would you take the Vaccine?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

1 4.35%
  • Yes

22 95.65%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    By employment, I have to analyse Internet crimes and related matters.

There is a remarkable (relatively speaking) number of vaccines being sold which are naturally fake. Mostly scam artists but some people have received lord only knows what.

Also the Chinese vaccines, 2 approved, 3 awaiting clearance are from early indications not as successful as hoped.
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Mrs DG and I had our first (Oxford) jabs on Monday
    "The owls are not what they seem"

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

an capall (27th January 2021), Desert Orchid (27th January 2021), G-G (28th January 2021), moe (27th January 2021), Tout Seul (27th January 2021)

Thanks
    Pleased to hear that DG. My DIL (health worker) is having one today. Every vaccine is one step closer to normality and one less person to worry about.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    Pleased to hear that DG. My DIL (health worker) is having one today. Every vaccine is one step closer to normality and one less person to worry about.
    Both of us had slight reactions. Mrs DG felt extremely tired next day but soon up to speed again whilst I had a strange headache all night which kept me awake but which disappeared once I took a couple of Nurofen and then during the afternoon I felt really cold and by four pm was really shivering to the extent I was shaking and could barely hold a knife and fork so after adding layers of clothing failed to work had to lie in bed for a couple of hours fully dressed with the electric blanket turned up before feeling warm again.Symptoms didn't return and felt OK again in the evening. Since then learnt that one of Mrs DG's friends experienced exactly the same.
    "The owls are not what they seem"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Meanwhile the European Commission make Hancock and Johnson look thoughtful and competent and that takes some doing. Five years negotiating a NI prortocol and they undermine it in a month because Macron is sulking. Gobshites.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    Both of us had slight reactions. Mrs DG felt extremely tired next day but soon up to speed again whilst I had a strange headache all night which kept me awake but which disappeared once I took a couple of Nurofen and then during the afternoon I felt really cold and by four pm was really shivering to the extent I was shaking and could barely hold a knife and fork so after adding layers of clothing failed to work had to lie in bed for a couple of hours fully dressed with the electric blanket turned up before feeling warm again.Symptoms didn't return and felt OK again in the evening. Since then learnt that one of Mrs DG's friends experienced exactly the same.
    My partners parents had the headache thing too DG., they were also done on Monday.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by an capall View Post
    Meanwhile the European Commission make Hancock and Johnson look thoughtful and competent and that takes some doing. Five years negotiating a NI prortocol and they undermine it in a month because Macron is sulking. Gobshites.
    Are we surprised!
    All comers, all grounds, all beaten!

This perfect mix of poetry and destruction.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by an capall View Post
    Macron definitely not coming out of this well.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    I knew the Pfizer vaccine sometimes caused headaches but interesting to know the Oxford one did, too. At least it shows the body is reacting to the vaccine. I was extremely tired after my flu jab this year: I mentioned it to the pharmacist when I had a pneumonia jab and she said she hadn’t thought about it at the time but that she, too, had been tired afterwards. First time I’d had a reaction of any kind to a vaccine.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    I'll put up with a minor reaction for the sake of getting the jab.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 885 Posts
    We had ours (Pfizer) 10 days ago - no discernible reaction.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,564 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I’m in for Jab 1 next Wednesday.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Yep I was just reading Scotland were hopeful of commencing over 60's before March

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    I’m in for Jab 1 next Wednesday.
    How did you pass as 60?
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Presumably you were at the back of the queue for your ‘category’ Grassy. Surely you should’ve been getting your second jab now?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrunner View Post
    Yep I was just reading Scotland were hopeful of commencing over 60's before March
    Surely there can't be that many people in Scotland that make it to 60?
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to an capall For This Useful Post:

frontrunner (22nd February 2021), granger (20th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 632 Posts
    I had mine ten days ago and felt pretty rough (I’m 54). Mine was the Astra Zeneca. In case you’re wondering why I jumped the queue, a friend is our local triage nurse and was vaccinating the local adult care home. She had literally one spare dose and like many in her profession doesn’t want to waste any. As I live round the corner, she rang me to see if I wanted it. As my mother who I live with is deemed extremely vulnerable (she’s had her first jab too), friend thought it sensible to get me done early.
    FWIW, I felt rubbish! Really achy and flu like symptoms. I took paracetamol but I was in bed for a couple of days so it did knock me out. And I am pretty fit and healthy. But it’s a small price to pay IMO.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    You can't be 54! Spoofer.

Pure plot. Charles Byrnes would be proud of that one!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnyj View Post
    I had mine ten days ago and felt pretty rough (I’m 54). Mine was the Astra Zeneca. In case you’re wondering why I jumped the queue, a friend is our local triage nurse and was vaccinating the local adult care home. She had literally one spare dose and like many in her profession doesn’t want to waste any. As I live round the corner, she rang me to see if I wanted it. As my mother who I live with is deemed extremely vulnerable (she’s had her first jab too), friend thought it sensible to get me done early.
    FWIW, I felt rubbish! Really achy and flu like symptoms. I took paracetamol but I was in bed for a couple of days so it did knock me out. And I am pretty fit and healthy. But it’s a small price to pay IMO.
    FWIW, I had the first AZ jab a couple of weeks ago with no side effects whatsoever. It would be interesting if, at some stage, they were able to do some research into the side effects and see if anything connects people who suffer most. I know there are preliminary indications that people who have had covid already seem to react worse to the jab but our small sample on here shows that there must be more than that to it.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My mum has had the Astra Zeneca jab.

She had a tiny headache the day afterwards, and a sore arm to touch or sleep on for 2 days. Apart from that nothing. My mums sister reported exactly the same.

It's clearly affecting different people in different ways, but still better than the alternative of no prevention at all.

Ps, thats a nice thing that nurse did for you, Jinny. It makes sense with your mum being vulnerable.
    Last edited by Marb; 20th February 2021 at 11:42 AM.