Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten to follow competition

Thanks

Ten to follow competition

To make things simpler and so those of us that want to keep this going, I've set up a Private League in the Tote Ten To Follow website. One entry is free, so anyone that doesn't want to pay for additional entries just needs to register and enter their free stable. To keep things fair let's keep it to one entry per person for this competition. Clearly anyone is free to pay for as many entries as they want, but please don't enter them in the private league. Just your free one.

The details to register and to enter your team in the private league are below:

https://tote.co.uk/ten-to-follow/play/
    League Name: Talkinghorses
    Pin: 000105

Hopefully one of us will win the big one, but as we probably won't, and assuming there are 10 of us or more, I will sponsor again this year and put up a prize for 1st £100, 2nd £50, and 3rd £25.

Entries need to be in by the 14th November, and the rules are the standard Tote Ten to Follow rules rather than the rules we've previously run on here. So no wildcards I'm afraid, and also no limit on the number of horses form any given trainer. The rules are straightforward, and for anyone who hasn't entered before it's worth having a quick read through to check the scoring system and the bonus races.

You can change your entry as many times as you want up to the deadline, so can I encourage those of you that want to get involved to do so early so I can get an indication of numbers.

The free entry that you've entered in to the TTF also needs to be posted on here by the 14th to qualify. And can I also ask that you call your free entry the same name as you use on here, so you're easily identified. In my case I've made several entries, but my free entry is called Maruco1.

Although you'll be able to see the league table for yourselves on the TTF site, I'll post regular updates on here, usually after a big weekend of racing, but pretty much whenever any significant scoring happens.

Hopefully someone will step in and run and sponsor the overall Winter Prize that incorporates New Approach's Antepost Competition, and Most Valuable Portfolio, and the Tote Ten to Follow, so we can keep our best competitions running and the annual trophy can continue?

I'd really like to thank Roger (Diamond Geezer) for running this for so many years. It has been a real labour of love with many many hours of work involved. And with doubts about how many entries there might be I fully understand why he doesn't want to keep doing what he's been doing for all of us. Hopefully though Roger will keep his hand in and join us with an entry, and using the Tote Ten To Follow website will keep us going for the next few years.

And finally I'd also urge everyone to join in to show how many of us are still interested and to prove there's still plenty of life in Talkinghorses yet. It's also a great opportunity for any new members to get involved, and for any lurkers to join up and join us.
    Last edited by Maruco; 3rd November 2020 at 12:16 PM.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Maruco For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

barjon (4th November 2020), Beef or Salmon (3rd November 2020), Double J (3rd November 2020), Euronymous (3rd November 2020), granger (3rd November 2020), Grasshopper (3rd November 2020), Grey (3rd November 2020), jinnyj (3rd November 2020), Len Madeiros (8th November 2020), Marb (3rd November 2020), Maxbet (3rd November 2020), NewApproach (3rd November 2020), Perpetual (3rd November 2020), PlaceBacker (13th November 2020), viking (3rd November 2020), wilsonl (3rd November 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Thank you Paul
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Decent effort, Paul.

Tell you what. I’ll sponsor the Winter Prize to the tune of £100.

I also echo your thanks to Roger, for running the TH version for so long, plus additional thanks to all the others who give their own time to govern the various competitions.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 3rd November 2020 at 1:18 PM.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Grasshopper For This Useful Post:

granger (3rd November 2020), Grey (3rd November 2020), NewApproach (3rd November 2020), trudij (8th November 2020), viking (3rd November 2020), wilsonl (3rd November 2020)

Thanks
    Thanks Paul, that’s very kind and generous of you.

And thanks for that too Grass. Good to see you out of your annual hibernation by the way.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wilsonl For This Useful Post:

Grasshopper (3rd November 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah i echo this. I've posted my ten to follow list, the league has four lists in it as I type, hopefully more will join in.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I’m in

Thanks
    I’ll do one over the weekend. Cheers, and thanks to the sponsor.

Top post as well. I hope this forum keeps going. The only place I can talk racing. I don’t have many followers on Twitter, and I don’t want to start commenting on random peoples tweets, so discussion isn’t really aplenty on there for me.

Thanks
    A quick bump for this thread as there's only a week to go for entries to be in. With the weekend coming up it's a good time to get entries sorted.
    Last edited by Maruco; 6th November 2020 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    I clicked on the 'Find out more' about the free entry and got a pageload of gibberish.

Any solutions?
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    I clicked on the 'Find out more' about the free entry and got a pageload of gibberish.

Any solutions?
    Sites down at the moment

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxbet For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (6th November 2020)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I've done my free entry and entered it in our league. I am trying to substitute one horse out to bring in a different horse, but having trouble doing this via their website.

In any event its no big deal. I'll hopefully get there in the end.
    Last edited by Marb; 6th November 2020 at 12:31 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post
    I've done my free entry and entered it in our league. I am trying to substitute one horse out to bring in a different horse, but having trouble doing this via their website.
    Open up your stable, click the pencil to the right of the selection you want to replace, then an icon appears saying...Replace horse name...then click and confirm your new selection in the same manner that you chose the original ones.
    Last edited by Maxbet; 6th November 2020 at 1:14 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxbet For This Useful Post:

Marb (6th November 2020)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I've been clicking on the pencil icon, clicking 'replace horse' but then nothing is happening mate.

I have been trying from a laptop, might try off the mobile phone, it might work on my mobile.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Oh I've done it, great.

It was my mistake not a website problem.
    Last edited by Marb; 6th November 2020 at 1:28 PM.

Thanks
    The first 8 entries are in already, but I see plenty of forum stalwarts are yet to enter yet. Don't be shy guys and gals!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruco View Post
    The first 8 entries are in already, but I see plenty of forum stalwarts are yet to enter yet. Don't be shy guys and gals!
    Still CLIMBING

Thanks
    I keep getting error message telling me to verify and I have

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by granger; 6th November 2020 at 5:48 PM.
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    I keep getting error message telling me to verify and I have
    When you enter the name, you then have to click select, or it gives you an error message when you try to purchase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbet View Post
    When you enter the name, you then have to click select, or it gives you an error message when you try to purchase
    so i click sleect and try enter free stable but get no further

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    so i click sleect and try enter free stable but get no further
    click to enter the free ten, give it a name..."Granger" click select for the name....pick your 10 then confirm.

I am assuming you have an account and are logged in?

The error is coming up because you have an obscenity to the name
    Last edited by Maxbet; 6th November 2020 at 7:30 PM.