Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cheltenham - Non Festival Meets

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    Frodon did something fairly remarkable when winning a handicap from a mark of 164 last season - that doesn’t happen often - and he attempts it again today over what is unquestionably his less preferred trip.
    Race sort of fell apart but he/she causes that with the rhythm they set. Fantastic horse who’s a throwback to some of my favourites such as the Captain trained Dublin Flyer and Pegwell Bay

Wish I’d backed him.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Great to watch from Frodon.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by barjon View Post
    When I watch all those jockeys’ heads bobbing about and then see Byony’s stock still I think she adds an awful lot to a horse’s balance and rhythm just because she herself can sit so quiet and balance.
    See the concentration on her face, she presents her rides beautifully at the fences too.

Thanks

Cheltenham - Non Festival Meets

Quote Originally Posted by jinnyj View Post
    Bryony is an asset to any horse imo. And a truly delightful person.
    Always good to see her jocked up on a horse I want to back. Especially a front running chaser she always seems to get them into a great rhythm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by viking; 25th October 2020 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    She's a fantastic TV ambassador for the sport.

She can in one enthusiastic reply give the sport more appeal than the entire ITV team can in a three-hour programme.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Each to their own. I do find the mute button comes in handy.
    All comers, all grounds, all beaten!

This perfect mix of poetry and destruction.

Thanks
    Not sure what thread to put this in but was nice to see Don Poli seemingly enjoying himself until he ran out of gas.

Yorkhill is sadly gone at the game, needs retiring unfortunately. What a horse he could have been.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    Not sure what thread to put this in but was nice to see Don Poli seemingly enjoying himself until he ran out of gas.
    I'm not sure he enjoyed himself. He was driven to challenge a long way from home and quite hard ridden to go clear. No surprise to see him weaken later. I wonder how long it might take him to get over it.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    I said two years ago he was a Gold Cup contender (and backed him at 33/1 NRNB for it as well as 12/1 for the Ryanair) but Nicholls seemed to give up on the idea at the time and last year's campaign seemed to confirm that. He's young enough to still have a little bit of improvement in him but, again, last season suggested otherwise.

Would I back him for the Gold Cup now? No, but I wouldn't rule out a change of heart!
    Yes and me and my horse racing friends said I was mad. I was utterly convinced the GC was there for the taking 2 years ago and they should have gone for it but Nicholls thought it had what was a sure thing and bottled it. I really hope they both get there in one piece, and really hope we mere mortals are allowed to go and watch. I'd back them now and the last time I had ante post bet was when Amberleigh House won the National.
    Vote Alfie!!!!