Thread: VAAL - SOUTH AFRICA - 22 October 2020

Thanks

VAAL - SOUTH AFRICA - 22 October 2020

Hi Guys,

12h45 Bitter Wind 5/2 Ran 3 good runs since lockdown and expect her to go one better and win. She is looking for a mile and with Lyle booked it looks positive. My selection beat Pin Up by 2.75L 2 starts back and will be difficult to peg back that unless big improvement is brought to the course

13h20 Secrets Of Maya 3/1 BEST BET. Now I am confident this will run a big race. He won a maiden by 2L with a rating of 86. He keeps that rating running in a weak handicap plus getting 2.5kg from a decent appie, so in theory he drops 5 pounds. Crazy!!!!!!!!!!! Another positive is the 2nd horse Quattro Passi came out to win next time out beating a rated 85 by a short head. The only worry is the draw but has a long straight to get into the race.

13h55 Lily Blue 5/2 Last run was very unlucky at around the 100m mark, had to ease at a crucial stage which cist her a place or 2. That was her first run in the country coming from up north zimbabwe. She will strip fitter today and this should be easy peasy in this weak field. She will enjoy the long straight after running on a tight tactical track last time. The 3yr olds again are out of weights with older horses and will have to do more.

15h05 Kokeshi 4/1 Should be too good here if running to her rating as i have her 90+. She ran behind Caralluma who is a group 1 winner and what she runs to here is weak. This is a apprentice race and they have booked champion appie luke ferraris. BIG BIG RUNNER

15h40 Perfect Light 6/1 Trainer cleverly entered her in as she gets sex allowance here and has booked champion jockey lyle hewitson and trainer/jockey are in great form 11 wins from 45 starts along with 11 places. Last run best ignored and with good draw I expect her to run well. She has dropped 5 pounds and with the extra 2.5kg sex allowance here she is well in.

Cheers
    Last edited by Top Tipster; 22nd October 2020 at 10:41 AM.