Thread: Newton Abbot Sunday

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 927 Posts
    Blog Entries

Newton Abbot Sunday

A few interesting races tomorrow. Bit difficult to see past Paul Nicholls’ horses since he seems to be carrying all before him at the moment.

1:45 Nicholls’ Flic Ou Voyou had a facile win at Chepstow Friday and must be favoured to repeat the dose although Stormy Flight has achieved a similar level on previous form. The one that interests me is The Mick Preston who is well thought of by Nigel T-D. It’ll be a watching brief only unless there’s strong market support - 4/1 early price.

2:15 Glajou didn’t show much in his opening race for Nicholls (beaten 15 lengths by the aforementioned Stormy Flight) although he had a bit of French form before that. Nonetheless he heads the early betting and has the most experience for what that’s worth. Once again it’s a watching brief for me with Press Your Luck an Irish Point winner although I have no good reason other than a racing friend told me to watch out for him.

4:50 The main event for me with two horses very well thought of and gunning for the higher branches of the novice chaser tree. They are Highway One O Two - early price 7/2 - and Eldorado Allen - early price 4/1. Inevitably, there is also the Nicholls favourite Stormy Ireland well in the reckoning, but it’s one of the other two that will carry my money depending on the market, although my initial fancy is for Eldorado Allen

Thanks
    In the 2.45 Master Tommytucker is a short enough price given his jumping record and may be worth opposing with Al Dancer who put up his best performance first time up last season

De Rasher Counter is surely being given a run out before taking on loftier targets and Boyhood could be the value in the 3.15

I also want to take on Stormy Ireland and Highway One O Two will probably be the one having finished off last season on a high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    In the 2.45 Master Tommytucker is a short enough price given his jumping record and may be worth opposing with Al Dancer who put up his best performance first time up last season
    Master Tommytucker is in the right hands in terms of trusting PN to sort his jumping out but at the odds he does warrant taking on yes, however I prefer Tidal Flow at 4s. Was impressed with his jumping when top weight in a n/hcap chs at Newbury last December. Trip will suit today.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    1:45 The favourite again won as he liked. That’s two races in three days and yet to break sweat - some horse. The Mick Preston put up a spirited show into second and even though he couldn’t get near the winner he left the others trailing 22 lengths behind. A win at this level is within his compass and he goes in the notebook.

2:15 “I meant bloody back it, not just watch it” shouted my friend. It was a good win for Press Your Luck and he looks to have a promising future. In the book as well.

4:50 With Highway 102 a non-runner there was no contest about who I was going to take against the favourite and Eldorado Allen duly obliged despite a near calamity at the last. Already in the book and the first runner, so I’m 100% at the moment, lol.
    Last edited by barjon; 11th October 2020 at 5:21 PM.

Thanks

Newton Abbot Sunday

Well done with Eldorado Allen

After Highway 102 came out I rowed in with Zanza ew which never seemed to make any effort. Probably relying on fallers among the front three anyway.(which nearly happened at the last)

Still Al Dancer and Aforementioned at Limerick made it a good day for me

Last edited by viking; 11th October 2020 at 5:34 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Well done with Eldorado Allen

After Highway 102 came out I rowed in with Zanza ew which never seemed to make any effort. Probably relying on fallers among the front three anyway.(which nearly happened at the last)

Still Al Dancer and Aforementioned at Limerick made it a good day for me

Well done, too.