Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chepstow Musings

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Some Chaos entered in three races this weekend, including on Saturday in the Edinburgh Gin Chase at Kelso.

I've kept the faith with much worse horses than him. Given his poor performances last season, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the last day. He was a well held third, but it was probably his first proper race for some considerable time. He can improve on that, imho.
    Last edited by Marb; 21st October 2020 at 8:07 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post
    Some Chaos entered in three races this weekend, including on Saturday in the Edinburgh Gin Chase at Kelso.

I've kept the faith with much worse horses than him. Given his poor performances last season, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the last day. He was a well held third, but it was probably his first proper race for some considerable time. He can improve on that, imho.
    He went up 3lb for winning this, I see Some Chaos is entered in the Badger Ales at Wincanton on Saturday along with the second horse from the Chepstow race Potterman. I'll be sticking with Some Chaos if he's declared.
    Last edited by Marb; 2nd November 2020 at 5:00 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    A really good effort by Some Chaos yesterday. He finished 5th in the end beaten just over five lengths over the 3 miles + distance.

The horses that finished ahead of him were considerably younger horses with less chase starts, i.e the first two home were 7year olds, third home was a 4 year old, and fourth horse home a six year old. Some Chaos is a 9 year old going on 10.

The first two should go up in the handicap a bit too. Overall you'd think Some Chaos is still a horse who can win another race or two over 3 miles, or at least be in there with a live chance of doing so.

He's ran twice at Chelteham including once over fences but didn't run well, (although I don't think that was his true form). I wonder if they will find a race at Cheltenham for him in the next few months, with a view to eventually having a crack at the Kim Muir.
    Last edited by Marb; 8th November 2020 at 8:04 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Yes, looking over the result earlier today, it looked to me like Some Chaos might be a fair marker for the form.

It's one of the reasons I suggested the handicapper might raise Potterman 4 or 5lbs for yesterday.

The Badger Ales is always a strong race. My Way turned out to be the Nicholls 'job' and was three lengths clear at the last. I suspect the young jockey will have got his arse warmed for going too soon given how the horse folded on the run-in.

The front two are very progressive, as is the third who as Double J suggested would have gone close/won but for being badly hampered three out.

Other good horses ran well too.

As for Some Chaos, I suspect he'll need to take a little drop in class to win off yesterday's mark but he might actually be dropped a pound or two for it.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post

The Badger Ales is always a strong race. My Way turned out to be the Nicholls 'job' and was three lengths clear at the last. I suspect the young jockey will have got his arse warmed for going too soon given how the horse folded on the run-in.
    To be fair the Tizzard horse falling did him no favours

I’m annoyed by his failure to win on Sametegal yesterday when going clearly best coming to the last. He may not have got up the hill anyway though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thought the young lad did fine on My Way myself.

Every chance he was asked to act as the hare for Danny Whizzbang, and he couldn’t have known that one was tailing itself off with a half-mile to go. Horse was far from a guaranteed stayer too.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018