Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Mile Chasers 20/21

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Think these arguments for Poli are fair enough, but at rising 10yo, I’d have concerns on age grounds, and his ability to maintain his level of form.

Special Tiara apart, it usually takes an exceptional horse in double-digit years to win a QMCC (think Sacre, Moscow), and I’m not convinced (never have been really) that he’s a 2-miler - I reckon the race just fell his way last season, and would definitely have him in the vulnerable category.
    You are too young to remember Skymas winning 2 mile chase at 11 and 12 . not to mention Tingle Creek breaking his own course record in his final race at 12 with 12/7.
    Happy days.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    I havent given up on Notebook

He was so rank bad at Cheltenham last year, that it can't have been his true running
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edgt View Post
    You are too young to remember Skymas winning 2 mile chase at 11 and 12 . not to mention Tingle Creek breaking his own course record in his final race at 12 with 12/7.
    Happy days.
    Not young, but too young indeed, Eddie.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Rouge Vif doing the Arkle form no harm there.

Really impressive

Thanks
    It was very impressive and if he gets similar ground come March he will be a contender in a wide open class.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Managed to nick 70/1 for the QMCC off Powers as VR crossed the line. Impressive effort, considering I thought this might be a race to get him handicapped for the Mackeson. Shows what I know.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    off 156 not bad. Trainer seems to think he will improve on better ground too
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrunner View Post
    It was very impressive and if he gets similar ground come March he will be a contender in a wide open class.
    They didn't hang about in the handicap....Fusil Raffles ran the 2m over a second faster carrying the same weight.....

Thanks
    Slight slip of the tongue by Mullins or a genuine mistake?

‘Chacun Pour Soi was very unlucky not to make it to the Ryanair last year, all being well hopefully he’ll get there this year’
    Last edited by Double J; 11th November 2020 at 6:47 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    Slight slip of the tongue by Mullins or a genuine mistake?

‘Chacun Pour Soi was very unlucky not to make it to the Ryanair last year, all being well hopefully he’ll get there this year’
    CHACUN POUR SOI

"He's in great form." "He has some really good form, he was just a shade unlucky to get a foot injury on the morning of the race ahead of the Champion Chase at Cheltenham."

"The whole focus will be aiming to get him back there again this year." "He likes Leopardstown so will probably run at Christmas, then the Dublin Racing Festival, before the Festival." "He could go up in trip but he's able to do it at two miles and I'll be happy to keep him there." "It's nice to have a potential Champion Chaser in the yard."
    Last edited by Maxbet; 11th November 2020 at 7:17 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbet View Post
    CHACUN POUR SOI

"He's in great form." "He has some really good form, he was just a shade unlucky to get a foot injury on the morning of the race ahead of the Champion Chase at Cheltenham."

"The whole focus will be aiming to get him back there again this year." "He likes Leopardstown so will probably run at Christmas, then the Dublin Racing Festival, before the Festival." "He could go up in trip but he's able to do it at two miles and I'll be happy to keep him there." "It's nice to have a potential Champion Chaser in the yard."
    Mistake it was. Thanks, hopefully gets there in 1 piece this year.

Thanks
    The Shloer Chase at the weekend should be a cracker if they all hold their ground. I do wonder if the recent runs for Sceau Royal and Rouge Vif will put them a little bit ahead of last year's Arkle winner. Be interesting to see how Defi gets on too, they'll want to put that horror show from last March behind them!

Thanks
    I’ll be surprised if Alan King runs Sceau Royal again so quickly.

I jumped on the opening 5/1 for Put The Kettle On and I’ve had a max bet on her. She gets the allowances, she’s already put Rouge Vif firmly in his place twice, I remain unconvinced about Defi over two miles, and she’ll get perfect underfoot conditions for another power packed front running performance. Henry also reports her to be in rude health.

Also now is the time to back her each way antepost for their Champ Chase if you haven’t already. She’ll be 10/1 or less after the race.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Rouge Vif an NR. I’m guessing ground has gotten vet soft, which should suit Defi very nicely.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    I've dutched Riders Onthe Storm and Duc Des Genievres (just under 3/1 after the non-runners compared with about 7/2 beforehand). The Twister horse looked to me to be going as well as anything when coming down at the festival behind Min and St Calvados and is entitled to improve a fair bit into this season. Duc Des Genievres was impressive in his Arkle and the fact that Nicholls opts to introduce him here might be a tip in itself. I thought he’d be a strong Champion Chase candidate last season but he was the subject of a quiet campaign.

Quality little race, though.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 15th November 2020 at 10:45 AM.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Rouge Vif an NR. I’m guessing ground has gotten vet soft, which should suit Defi very nicely.

Time-based ground was hvy, when he was thrashed in the QMCC, current price is barmy, imo.
    Last edited by reet hard; 15th November 2020 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    Time-based ground was hvy, when he was thrashed in the QMCC, current price is barmy, imo.
    I’m not convinced the QMCC performance was anything to do with the ground, reet. He has plenty of form in deep ground, and won the Clarence House on Heavy last season.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    Time-based ground for that day has the ground as sft. IIRC, the only time he's raced on proper hvy was the same race as his 'inexplicably' poor run in the QMCC.

Thanks
    Nicky and Altior just lit up a Cuban after watching that

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruco View Post
    I’ll be surprised if Alan King runs Sceau Royal again so quickly.

I jumped on the opening 5/1 for Put The Kettle On and I’ve had a max bet on her. She gets the allowances, she’s already put Rouge Vif firmly in his place twice, I remain unconvinced about Defi over two miles, and she’ll get perfect underfoot conditions for another power packed front running performance. Henry also reports her to be in rude health.

Also now is the time to back her each way antepost for their Champ Chase if you haven’t already. She’ll be 10/1 or less after the race.
    Great shout Paul
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."