Thread: Tech question...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts

Tech question...

(Oh fvck, not another Desert Orchid tech question, they grumbled...)

One of FB groups I visit has a member who is an absolute wiz at 'restoring' old photos.

I presume he has a software program/app on his computer that does this for him.

If that's the case, does anyone know of any such program/app, what it would be called and how easy it would for a troglodyte like me to use?

I'll see if I can upload an example of his work.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 17th September 2020 at 7:49 AM.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Mrs AC who knows sh!d uses something called AKVIS I think. I'm not sure if it is any good or expensive but she seems to swear less aften when using this than the alternatives.

(ps..your daughter looks very well in those photos.)
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Very possible Mo

Here is a free website

https://www.photofilters.com/

Upload your photo and press the button that says filters.
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

4. The Following User Says Thank You to granger For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (19th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Also depending on how modern your phone is or what apps are installed, most smart phones can do this instantly now also
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    My phone is quite an old iphone which was handed on to me when Mrs O got a new one about five years ago, so it's maybe about 10 years old and I don't know how to use apps. I've had discussions with her about stuff like this but she keeps saying I can't delete stuff (not that I would know how to in the first place) in case it also deletes from her phone and the memory isn't big enough to add any more.

I think Orchidette might be able to do stuff with photos. She visited on Friday to help me celebrate my birthday and took a photo which I told her she'd need to photoshop to make me presentable but she mumbled something to the effect that it's something she can do without thinking. But I only see her every three or four weeks.

Quite a few old photos resurfaced when going through my late mother-in-law's stuff and I think they are worth restoring as they capture a lost generation.

I've ordered a new laptop which should arrive during the week and thought I might try doing stuff myself but would need idiot-proof instructions.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 20th September 2020 at 2:02 PM.
    Illegitimi non carborundum