Thread: Doncaster Leger Meeting

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts

Doncaster Leger Meeting

Weds 2.10
    Acklam Express is not very big (which may explain his presence in a w.f.a. race) but he's as game as a pebble, as he showed when winning a York lstd event - in a time that compared very favourably with the class 2 h'cap over the same trip. Looks well worth an ew punt @ B365's 8/1, imo.

Thanks
    Mayaas 1.40 was slowly away in a better race than this off a strong pace at York, and the energy spent making up lost ground cost him at the finish. First time pieces should fix that today.
    9/2 B365

Thanks
    The Sceptre has a good ew betting shape with 4 places generally available together with a wide range of ability in the race. The Godolphin filly interests me. She didn't have the speed to cope with One Master at Goodwood on decent ground but stayed will enough over a mile at Deauville on soft. She's very consistent and worth an ew play.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Barbill, my early fancy for the Ayr Gold Cup, is entered in the Portland on Saturday.
    Last edited by Marb; 9th September 2020 at 1:52 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    Anyone else thinking the early decision made by Doncaster council was not exactly done for the right reasons? The rate currently in Doncaster is roughly 10% and far lower than other local areas. I just got the feeling the Mayor does not approve of racing. It was after all made well in advance of the government “six is safe” and seemed to be made after so much was put into place to make the racecourse far safer than any supermarket and almost smacks of spite against the place.
    Last edited by jinnyj; 9th September 2020 at 10:10 PM.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    Think Donny council still owns half the place, Jinny, which would be invidious of the Mayor were, that the case?
    Last edited by reet hard; 10th September 2020 at 4:31 AM.

Thanks
    Nothing tands out today, so a couple of ew plays.
    2.10 Dubai Fountain
    3.45 Black Caspian
    Both 14/1 B365

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post
    Barbill, my early fancy for the Ayr Gold Cup, is entered in the Portland on Saturday.
    Declared. Interesting.

Thanks
    The Prescott filly missing the Park Hill opens it up a wee bit. Not convinced by the Varian handicapper at 13/8 ish so I'm gonna have a small bet on Vivionn who is not bred to stay the Leger trip but acts as if she would appreciate it. A bit like Pyledriver basically. Difference though is the filly is trained by a legend and she's 6/1 not 5/2.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Euronymous For This Useful Post:

dvds2000 (11th September 2020)

Thanks
    Calculation 1.40 had just 1 race in the past year when lining up at Sandown,and ran remarkably well in the circumstances. Will strip fitter today and looks a good bet @ Hill's 6/1.
    Chief Of Chiefs 2.10 ought to win this, but it'll be a nailbiter from his draw.
    8/1 generally.
    Can't see Sacred beaten in the Childers, but the price is shot to bits.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    Can't see Sacred beaten in the Childers, but the price is shot to bits.
    Agreed but Steel Bull looks overs at 6/1. One for some ew weekend doubles.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Barbill offered at 20/1 in the Portland. What a price. He'll do for me for a little each way patent.

I won't be betting big the way recent results have been but I won't let the price put me off either.
    Last edited by Marb; 11th September 2020 at 3:26 PM.

Thanks
    Got this off whatsapp

Doncaster 3.35 BERKSHIRE ROCCO 2pts e/w 33/1
    We can’t believe this is 33/1 for tomorrows race, it has a dosage of…wait for it…….0.18.
    The dam has a dosage of 0.78, with a dosage like that ROCCO should be only getting going as they pass the line. Just checked Balding’s site and he says
    Berkshire Rocco has been going very well at home and I couldn’t be happier with him going into the St Leger. It’s a really deep renewal of the race but he has form that ties in with plenty of those at the head of the market. If he produces his best form – and what I know he is capable of – then he’s got a really good chance of making the frame……… Trainer Andrew Balding
    Another big plus is we have the top jockey (ANDREA ANTZENI) at Doncaster over the last five years riding him.
    Our thoughts are, he is not the flashy1m4f breed that normally succeed in these races however he has only 4L to make up on Pyledriver but over an extra 2 furlongs he may jus do it.
    Only raced once at 1m6f when beaten 2 and 3/4L by tomorrows fav SANTIGEO at Ascot on soft, with ROCCO having such a low dosage we can only imagine Balding has had this race in mind since the horses first race, we therefore wonder did he leave room for a little bit of Improvement for tomorrows race. He would not have to improve much to be in the frame, 1m6f really is an extreme distance for a 3yr old, win lose or draw we just can’t let this run unbacked with such a low dosage.

Good luck

Thanks
    Just another boat, in a boat race, for me Lucky. Might just go all in on Hukum (7/2)to retrieve what's been a desperate week's punting: even conspired with Tom Marquand to get Sacred beat, yesterday.
    Luck to all.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
    Got this off whatsapp

We can’t believe this is 33/1 for tomorrows race, it has a dosage of…wait for it…….0.18.
    The dam has a dosage of 0.78, with a dosage like that ROCCO should be only getting going as they pass the line. Just checked Balding’s site and he says
    Berkshire Rocco has been going very well at home and I couldn’t be happier with him going into the St Leger. It’s a really deep renewal of the race but he has form that ties in with plenty of those at the head of the market. If he produces his best form – and what I know he is capable of – then he’s got a really good chance of making the frame……… Trainer Andrew Balding
    Another big plus is we have the top jockey (ANDREA ANTZENI) at Doncaster over the last five years riding him.
    Our thoughts are, he is not the flashy1m4f breed that normally succeed in these races however he has only 4L to make up on Pyledriver but over an extra 2 furlongs he may jus do it.
    Only raced once at 1m6f when beaten 2 and 3/4L by tomorrows fav SANTIGEO at Ascot on soft, with ROCCO having such a low dosage we can only imagine Balding has had this race in mind since the horses first race, we therefore wonder did he leave room for a little bit of Improvement for tomorrows race. He would not have to improve much to be in the frame, 1m6f really is an extreme distance for a 3yr old, win lose or draw we just can’t let this run unbacked with such a low dosage.

Good luck
    I'm pretty sure Berkshire Rocco is the most stamina-laden of the runners on dosage but you do need to be at least 115 and maybe closer to 120 as well to win the St Leger. There's a good chance one of the runners around that mark already will stay the trip well but that's not to say BR won't improve for the trip.

I can't split the market leaders so was looking at Galileo Chrome as a big improver but he was a double-figure price when I looked, now something stupid like 4/1.

I might just leave the race alone.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Great for Tom Marquand, hands and heels finish too.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
    Got this off whatsapp

Good luck
    Great run, luckyme!!
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    Great run, luckyme!!
    Forecast between us, 4/1 and 16/1

20. The Following User Says Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (12th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    Great run, luckyme!!
    Painstaking, thorough and shrewd analysis doesn’t count as luck, Desert.