Thread: Sam Thomas

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Sam Thomas

Always thought he got the short end of the stick from PN and now he hardly gets a mentioned by the media despite the fact he has a 27% strike rate this season.

128K in prize money from what he has to play with given the support he couldbe up there with the best....
    Formely Fist of Fury

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanlic For This Useful Post:

Beef or Salmon (12th March 2021)

Thanks
    Not 48hrs ago I put him in the tracker for all runners with Nailor on board!

Thanks
    Is there a jockey, apart from Ruby, that PN hasn’t treated badly, especially after they’ve suffered pretty bad injuries eg Christian Williams and Darryl Jacob? I’m always pleased to see them do well. I do have the utmost respect for PN as a trainer but the way he treats his jockeys leaves a lot to be desired (imo).( After timing alert: Just checking a few emails but realised I was backing Sams horses blind last November. Then the prices on them went)
    Last edited by moe; 12th March 2021 at 6:22 PM.

Thanks
    He is still well ahead of the market - since 1 December he has had 39 runners, 11 winners for a 28% strike rate and 45% ROI - if you blindly back his runners with J Nailor on board it is a very impressive 6 winners from 15 with a ROI of 92%

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Beef or Salmon For This Useful Post:

moe (12th March 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Delighted for him.
    I remember meeting him at 2012 Festival when he was doing a bit for The Morning Line.
    A true gent who took time out for me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to edgt For This Useful Post:

moe (12th March 2021)

Thanks
    I agree with nearly all that’s been said, though haven’t been lucky enough to meet him like Eddie

The very obvious one of his this year, that doesn’t seem to be getting much love or hype, is Good Risk At All. He won the Newbury bumper on Betfair Hurdle day which historically churns our very good prospects and did it very well giving nearly a stone to the 2nd and a 4lb penalty to the rest of the field. He’s going to be top drawer I reckon
    Last edited by Perpetual; 13th March 2021 at 6:45 AM.

Thanks
    Yeah, I met him once too, was a nice guy.
    Sure he lived really local to me at the time.

Thanks
    Just trawling the internet and found he's now just outside Cardiff, but looks lovely & rural: https://www.samthomasracing.com/facilities

Also came across this on ATR regarding Good Risk At All & hopefully he’s overlooked for next year as well…

“He is a classy individual and we have loved him since we broke him in as a two-year-old. He's an exciting prospect and is a dual listed bumper winner and Mr Walters and myself had the conversation before his last run in a listed bumper at Newbury that we would put him away afterwards win, lose or draw. He is a nice ride and quiet at home, but he is just a youngster and if you gave him too much racing early in his career. We were absolutely thrilled with him at Newbury, and he carried the penalty and did it impressively and there is plenty more to come from him. He has done loads of schooling and schooled away since he came back from Newbury and we are just winding him down quietly. We will look to get him back again in the autumn and find a nice little maiden hurdle for him and hopefully give him a nice introduction before hopefully end up at Cheltenham this time next year.”

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Solwara One
    W
    17th Mar CHELTENHAM 20:20 NOVICES' HURDLE 2m 5f 0y - Win
    2. Bob Olinger
    17th Mar CHELTENHAM 20:55 NOVICES' CHASE 3m 0f 80y - Win
    4. Monkfish
    17th Mar HUNTINGDON 21:20 HANDICAP HURDLE 1m 7f 171y - Win
    7. Powerstown Park
    1.57 waiting for Sam Thomas to complete a short priced accie...........fingers crossed
    Formely Fist of Fury