Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham 2020 / 2021

Thanks
    My jaw dropped, until I realised you meant persons, not pounds

Thanks
    I am not renewing my membership, nor my TBA ..no point if can't go for foreseeable.

A friend who has no computer/mobile has borrowed my email in case but I have had nothing so will need to check if they let her renew without!

Not sure how having to leave a pub by 10 is going to help though. In the bookies today to watch a race, signs on door saying must wear face mask...2 guys walked in during course of race I was watching without. Staff said nothing. I guarantee one had no exemption card.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G-G View Post
    I am not renewing my membership, nor my TBA ..no point if can't go for foreseeable.

A friend who has no computer/mobile has borrowed my email in case but I have had nothing so will need to check if they let her renew without!

Not sure how having to leave a pub by 10 is going to help though. In the bookies today to watch a race, signs on door saying must wear face mask...2 guys walked in during course of race I was watching without. Staff said nothing. I guarantee one had no exemption card.
    I feel sympathy for staff being expected to take people up on mask wearing. You've no idea the sort of person that you're going to approach - probably more so in a bookies. All sorts of nutters out there that look harmless to begin with.

Thanks
    Totally agree with you. In a shop when it had just been introduced, young guy at the door with clipboard , saying hello if had a mask etc...one guy came in without one, the young guy said 'excuse me sir, are you aware it is now mandatory to ….' , the guy launched at him, swearing his head off. The young guy didn't go to say you can't come in, was just trying to politely remind him. Supermarkets full of people not wearing them and I would bet a multi pack of curly wurlies that 90% at least have no exemption reason not to do so.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    The Novice Handicap Chase has been dropped for the new Mares Chase: https://www.britishhorseracing.com/p...-the-festival/

Little disappointed as enjoyed the novice race as both a spectacle & punting opportunity and cannot imagine there will be runners that would have otherwise missed the festival. Plus side is the RSA and Marsh should be stronger for it

Also, the “Mrs Paddy Power…” is an awful name!

Thanks
    I saw that, not impressed either. Could easily have binned the awful Mares Novice Race or the Boodles.

Thanks
    Does give us a more diverse festival. Surely they should think about having a black horses only race.

Thanks
    Fred Winter should have gone in my opinion but the biggest worry is that the supporting card on "Gold Cup day" is now utter pony.

We have the spud race, foxhunters, conditional jockey's and mares chase all on the same day. Why not just swap the cross country for the County and I can save a day's holiday from work
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simmo View Post
    Does give us a more diverse festival. Surely they should think about having a black horses only race.
    Only a matter of time!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Or one restricted to LGBT riders.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Nah

A Grey horse veterans chase for lady riders only would be better

Thanks
    Might be controversial but the race they really need at Cheltenham is an open Championship race over 2 1/2 miles.

Thanks
    Out of curiosity, how keen are racing fans generally on having the mares' races at the festival?

https://www.strawpoll.me/21068421

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Perpetual View Post
    The Novice Handicap Chase has been dropped for the new Mares Chase: https://www.britishhorseracing.com/p...-the-festival/

Little disappointed as enjoyed the novice race as both a spectacle & punting opportunity and cannot imagine there will be runners that would have otherwise missed the festival. Plus side is the RSA and Marsh should be stronger for it

Also, the “Mrs Paddy Power…” is an awful name!

Load of fu*cking wank this.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Load of shite.

I know a few people that made a tidy profit off the Imperial Aura and Simply The Betts double.

Guessing games again. Benie being one of them. How many Mares taken out could contest other significant races but will instead race in this shite.

Is it a handicap? Can’t be assed reading the article. Won’t be punting on it anyway

Thanks
    Why couldn’t they have put the mares race at Sandown and left the novice handicap alone. Doubt the Irish novices will come over the weekend before the festival

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    BHM.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Racing Post and RSA end sponsorship at the Festival

https://www.irishracing.com/news?hea...rs&prid=212737

Be strange not calling it the RSA or Sun Alliance

Thanks
    I suspect we will still be calling it that for a good few years whoever the new sponsor is. I still can't stop calling the whatever it's called now the Hennessy as one example above others!

After losing Hennessy I wonder if Sun Alliance were the next longest sponsor of a big race?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruco View Post
    I suspect we will still be calling it that for a good few years whoever the new sponsor is. I still can't stop calling the whatever it's called now the Hennessy as one example above others!

After losing Hennessy I wonder if Sun Alliance were the next longest sponsor of a big race?
    Same here.

I still go on about the Mackeson, Massey-Ferguson, Hennessy and Whitbread.

As much an age thing as anything, I suppose.
    Illegitimi non carborundum