Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stable tours & Horses To Follow National Hunt season 2020 / 2021

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    KIm Bailey on Timeform

Kim Bailey has earmarked next month’s Colin Parker Memorial Intermediate Chase as the first potential target for Cheltenham Festival winner Imperial Aura.
    The Andoversford trainer may choose the two-and-a-half-mile prize on November 1 as his starting point for the lightly-raced seven-year-old’s season.
    In a productive first campaign over fences, the Kalanisi gelding rounded off with victory at the Festival in the Listed Northern Trust Company Novices’ Handicap Chase.
    Bailey said: “Imperial Aura has come back from Ireland and he looks very well.He will possibly go to Carlisle for the intermediate chase there next month. He will have an entry in the BetVictor (Gold Cup, at Cheltenham), and we will see where we go from there.It won’t be an easy season for him, but I certainly feel at home he is a stronger horse.He didn’t have any issues with his shins last season – which he has done before – but the owners were patient, and we backed off, allowing him to do what he has done.

Vinndication could be stepped back up in class on his return, with Bailey looking to the Grade Two bet365 Charlie Hall Chase at Wetherby.He said: “He will probably go for the race he didn’t go for last year, which was the Charlie Hall – because the race he won last year on the same day at Ascot (Sodexo Gold Cup), he will probably be a bit high in the weights for.I was disappointed he got beat at in the Ultima at Cheltenham. We were due to take him to Newbury two weeks before, but they cancelled it – which just tipped the scales away from us.I hope this is his year – he has to improve another 10lb to be a Grade One horse, but it would be nice to think he could be.”

Two For Gold claimed Grade Two honours on his penultimate start last season in the Hampton Novices’ Chase at Warwick. However, he could revert to handicap company on his return – with Bailey considering a number of options.He said: “He will either go to Chepstow next weekend or Market Rasen a few days later – where there is a new extended two-mile-five £36,000 handicap chase.He is a horse that, all being well, will be entered in the BetVictor Gold Cup as well. He has won over three miles, but he has got bags of speed.We were planning to go to Cheltenham, but he had a hard race at Ascot on bottomless ground in the Reynoldstown. So we left him alone – and that would have been one race too many.”

Newtide was another to strike at Grade Two level over fences last season, in the Towton Novices’ Chase at Wetherby, and Bailey believes he could be tailor-made for this year’s Coral Welsh Grand National at Chepstow.He added: “He has had a wind operation since the end of last season and showed he needed that when his wind cut out on him in the National Hunt Chase at Cheltenham.He likes soft ground and he could be a Welsh Grand National-type horse. It will be a hard season for him, because he is high in the handicap for what he won, two novice chases, and the second of them at Wetherby was a bit of a messy race.”

The Gold Cup-winning trainer expects First Flow to continue his progression over fences when getting his ground conditions, having rattled up a hat-trick at the end of the season.He said: “First Flow is a good horse, but he is so reliant on heavy ground. He ran some cracking races at Ascot and Sandown, where I never thought he was a good enough jumper to go round. His schooling was good towards the end of the season.If he gets his ground this season he will be a contender for the good races over two miles.He is a bit like (1995 Gold Cup winner) Master Oats. They were not bred to be speed machines – but they just try and jump.”
    "The owls are not what they seem"

Thanks
    I'm not sure if Robin will be back in time for Cheltenham but she's on an attractive mark.

Joey will hopefully be out in November. He schooled well enough before his summer break.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

archie (2nd October 2020)

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I wonder when the Paddy Power Gold Cup entries are out...

Minella Times scored at Gowran Park this evening for owner J P McManus, trainer Henry De Bromhead and jockey Rachel Blackmore. That's his second win over fences at distances not dissimilar to the Paddy Power GC.

He was rated 130 before today. This win means he'll more than likely make the cut for the Paddy Power when the English handicapper assesses him.
    Last edited by Marb; 3rd October 2020 at 6:22 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post

Minella Times scored at Gowran Park this evening for owner J P McManus, trainer Henry De Bromhead and jockey Rachel Blackmore. That's her second win over fences now at about 2M5F.

She was rated 130 before today race, the win will put her in with a chance of getting a run in November I'd have thought.
    Entered in the Munster National a week on Sunday but maybe that race comes too soon.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post
    Wed 28th October

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

Marb (3rd October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Two potentials out at Uttoxeter tomorrow. Emitom begins his chasing career in the 2:46pm. Early price is 4/5 so it’s a watching brief only to see how he jumps (he was never the cleanest hurdler). Shantou Express has his second hurdle experience following a pretty decent first shot. Early price is 5/4 which is not unreasonable so long as the ground remains decent.

I’ve got both pencilled in my tracker at the moment so really looking for confirmation.
    Last edited by barjon; 3rd October 2020 at 8:36 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barjon View Post
    Two potentials out at Uttoxeter tomorrow. Emitom begins his chasing career in the 2:46pm. Early price is 4/5 so it’s a watching brief only to see how he jumps (he was never the cleanest hurdler). Shantou Express has his second hurdle experience following a pretty decent first shot. Early price is 5/4 which is not unreasonable so long as the ground remains decent.

I’ve got both pencilled in my tracker at the moment so really looking for confirmation.
    Ok, they are both inked in. Emitom put in a nice round of jumping which was the main objective and was not knocked about trying to defend his lead at the death. Similarly, albeit slightly disappointing, Shantou Express ran well and hurdled nicely in the main. He, too, wasn’t knocked about as Midnight River (who must be pretty smart himself) went by towards the finish with the rest 30 odd lengths away.
    Last edited by barjon; 4th October 2020 at 4:37 PM.

Thanks
    Monsieur lecoq the one to take from that novice for me. Market signposted that the run would be needed and very much came through. Might be a chelt handicap type.

Thanks

Thanks
    Betfair's Gordon Elliott stable tour

https://betting.betfair.com/horse-ra...280920-14.html

Thanks
    Betfair's Paul Nicholls stable tour

https://betting.betfair.com/horse-ra...-011020-9.html

Thanks
    Last edited by Diamond Geezer; 7th October 2020 at 4:29 PM.

Thanks

Thanks
    ATR adding others too, Joseph O'Brien, Dan Skelton, Philip Hobbs as I post

http://jumps.attheraces.com/stable-tours

Thanks
    Vote Alfie!!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to G-G For This Useful Post:

Perpetual (9th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    La Richerbourg is back in training
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Henry de Bromhead now added here

http://jumps.attheraces.com/stable-tours

Thanks