Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stable tours & Horses To Follow National Hunt season 2020 / 2021

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Nicky's on ATR now

No mention of Angel's Breath which is a worry

http://jumps.attheraces.com/stable-t...icky-henderson
    Last edited by Diamond Geezer; 12th October 2020 at 11:56 AM.
    "The owls are not what they seem"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

Grasshopper (23rd October 2020), Maxbet (13th October 2020), tiggers1972 (12th October 2020)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to an capall For This Useful Post:

archie (13th October 2020), granger (13th October 2020), Grasshopper (23rd October 2020), Grey (12th October 2020), Maxbet (13th October 2020), Perpetual (20th October 2020)

Thanks
    Welcome to Gordon Elliott’s playground. Here we have toys other trainers could only ever dream about playing with. In one box, there is the unbeaten Envoi Allen, firmly on course to make his chasing debut at Down Royal next month.

Tiger Roll, the most popular horse in training, is another. Presenting Percy is a nice addition to the Gold Cup category that already features five-time Grade 1 winner Delta Work.

There is no place for boredom around here. Every corner of Cullentra House Stables is full of intrigue and we haven’t even mentioned the toys Elliott has yet to unwrap.

“We have an unbelievable amount of talented horses and we’re very lucky, but we also have a lot of unraced horses and I’m just very privileged to have some brilliant owners,” Elliott says.

More immediately, Elliott could take the wraps off Tiger Roll in a Flat maiden at Navan on Thursday, while Presenting Percy and Delta Work could return in the Ladbrokes Champion Chase at Down Royal next month.

That meeting has long been used as a springboard for Elliott to launch his season and Samcro, Envoi Allen, Abacadabras and some talented bumper horses are just a handful being prepared for take-off.

Elliott adds: “It’s no secret I like to start off some of my best horses at Down Royal in November and, touch wood, Envoi Allen, Abacadabras, Samcro, Presenting Percy and Delta Work will all start back there.

“I probably say this every year, but I’ve never had as nice a bunch of horses to look forward to and we look to be well represented in most divisions.”

Rival to watch

Anything trained by Willie Mullins.

Race in focus

I’ll say the WKD Hurdle at Down Royal with Abacadabras. I think this horse has what it takes to run very well in a Champion Hurdle and, all being well, he’ll start off at Down Royal. Hopefully he can get off to a winning start and then we could think about going to Leopardstown and places like that before hopefully having a good crack at the Champion Hurdle at Cheltenham. The WKD Hurdle isn’t the biggest race in the season, but it’s an important one for Abacadabras and one we’ve had our eye on for a while with him..

Stable profile
    Yard Cullentra House Stables
    Where Longwood, County Meath
    Started training 2006
    Horses in yard 205
    Members of staff 60
    Assistant trainers Ian Amond and Keith Donoghue
    Head lad Simon McGonagle
    Travelling head staff Camilla Sharples and Brian Flood
    Barn managers Joey Elliott, Eleri Apps, Seainin Mahon, Jack Madden, Katie Young, Cossie McGivern, Cat Bolger, Sinead O'Brien, Carly Scott, Darren Treacy, Ronan Galway and Kim Bridgett
    Head of veterinary care Mary Nugent
    Feed man Shane McCann
    Race planning Ryan McElligott
    Jockeys Davy Russell, Jack Kennedy, Denis O'Regan and Keith Donoghue
    Amateur jockeys Lisa O'Neill and Jamie Codd
    Secretaries Alex Hutter and Pip Proctor
    Accountant Conor McCafferty
    Stable sponsor eCOMM Merchant Solutions
    Website gordonelliottracing.co.uk
    Twitter @gelliott_racing

Winners in Ireland
    2019-20 156
    2018-19 177
    2017-18 210
    2016-17 193
    2015-16 123

Profit/loss to €1 stake
    2019-20 -312.94
    2018-19 -383.08
    2017-18 -287.03
    2016-17 -285.47
    2015-16 -285.93

Total prize-money 2019-20 €3,820,310

Abacadabras
    Six-year-old gelding Davidoff (sire) - Cadoubelle Des As (dam)
    Owner: Gigginstown House Stud
    Form figures: /211212-
    Racing Post Rating 160 (hurdles); Official rating 158h
    He'll start off at Down Royal in the Grade 3 WKD Hurdle and we'll go down the Champion Hurdle route with him. He's always shown us loads of pace and you could say he was a bit unlucky not to win the Supreme last season. He was left in front a bit too soon and it didn't suit. We're hoping he's up to the standard needed to win a Champion Hurdle.

Aforementioned
    7g Zanzibari - Parcelle De Sou
    Gigginstown House Stud
    RPR 139c OR 136c
    He won the Munster National off a light weight. He's a grand, big staying chaser and he'll be targeted at all of those good staying handicap chases.

Alpha Des Obeaux
    10g Saddler Maker - Omega Des Obeaux
    Gigginstown House Stud
    2/2333-5
    RPR 168c OR 158c
    His year will be geared towards the Aintree Grand National. I was delighted with how his prep was going for the race last year and it's just a pity it didn't go ahead. He ran well in the Becher and Bobbyjo last season and I'd imagine we'll aim him back at those races. I could see him running well in the Grand National as he has all the right attributes for the race.

Andy Dufresne
    6g Doyen - Daytona Lily
    JP McManus
    1/1/1213-
    RPR 150h OR 145h
    He's schooled very well over fences and will be ready to start in the next week or ten days. We've viewed him as a chaser from day one and we're really looking forward to seeing what he can do over a fence.

Aramax
    4g Maxios - Aramina
    JP McManus
    F311-08
    RPR 138h, 99c OR 142h
    He ran to a good level over hurdles last season but he got very tired on his first start over fences at Galway. There should be a lot of fun to be had with him this season.

Ard Abhainn
    6m Jeremy - Sheer Frustration
    Mrs Maura Gittins
    /141310-
    RPR 134h OR 132h
    She's a very nice mare who did well for us last season and I'm hoping there's a lot more fun to be had with her. I'm not sure if we're going to keep her to hurdles or go chasing, but she looks like she could be just as effective over fences.

Ballyadam
    5g Fame And Glory - Grass Tips
    Cheveley Park Stud
    131-
    RPR 122b OR -
    He's a smart horse. The plan will be to start him off in a maiden hurdle at Down Royal and I'd be disappointed if he's not a Graded horse over hurdles this season. When Jamie [Codd] got off him after winning at Downpatrick he said he was the best horse who would ever run up there – Jamie doesn't say things like that too often, so you have to respect what he says. Jamie wasn't wonderful on him when he got beaten in a bumper at Navan the time before that but the ground was very heavy and the horse ran keen. We couldn't see him being beaten that day as he was working that well, so we all had long faces on us that day, but it was great to see him do what we thought he was capable of doing at Downpatrick and we think he can take high rank over hurdles this year.

Battleoverdoyen
    7g Doyen - Battle Over
    Gigginstown House Stud
    P/111F4-
    RPR 158c OR 152c
    We could bring him back in trip and may even start him off in the Fortria Chase over two miles at Navan. He didn't do a whole pile wrong last year but maybe his form just tapered off a little bit.

Bel Ami De Sivola
    9g Network - Notting Hill
    Tom Howley and Aidan O’Ryan
    /36P55P/
    RPR 138c OR 133c
    He had a tendon injury and has missed a bit of time but he's back in and cantering away. We're thinking of stepping him up in trip and there are loads of valuable handicaps we could aim him at.

Bigbadandbeautiful
    6m Big Bad Bob - Playing Around
    Andrew Bedford
    32/1114-
    RPR 124b OR -
    She'll go novice hurdling and is one we're looking forward to. She was a classy bumper mare last season and we ran her on the Flat. We could go back to the Flat with her again. We like her.

Black Tears
    6m Jeremy - Our Girl Salley
    Mrs Caren Walsh & John Lightfoot
    P23122-
    RPR 147h OR 148h
    She's been a great mare, good and consistent, and always picks up a cheque. We'd be looking to get more black type with her this year but she's a valuable broodmare as it is. It's unlikely that she'll go chasing.

Braeside
    6g Presenting - The Kids Dante
    KTDA Racing
    3316F-4
    RPR 124h, 116c OR 122h
    I could see him winning a good staying handicap chase off a light weight. He's a big stayer who gallops and jumps.

Braid Blue
    7g Gold Well - Outo'Theblue
    PJ McBurney
    1112-4U
    RPR 145h OR 141h
    He's a talented horse. He probably doesn't want real heavy ground but on his day he's smart. He'll be out in a beginners' chase fairly soon and I'm hoping he's up to winning one.

Calagogo
    4g Doyen - Bluebell Line
    Camilla Sharples
    RPR 89b OR -
    He was a good third in a Fairyhouse bumper on his debut and he'll come on a lot for that. He'll pay his way over the winter.

Call Me Lyreen
    4g Court Cave - Mooneys Valley
    Lyreen Syndicate
    RPR 113h OR -
    He won well at Tramore last month. I'm not going to rush him as he's big and backward, but he should be up to winning plenty of races.

Cheb De Kerviniou
    10g Tiger Groom - Muhtatene
    Simon Munir & Isaac Souede
    42332P-
    RPR 136c OR 129c
    I think he's well enough handicapped to win a nice pot somewhere. The ground couldn't be soft enough for him.

Chemical Energy
    4g Well Chosen - Meadstown Miss
    Andrew Brown & Gemma Brown
    RPR 110b OR -
    He won his bumper impressively at Roscommon and we're really looking forward to him this season. He'll go to the winners' bumper at Down Royal all being well.

Chosen Mate
    7g Well Chosen - Norwich Star
    The Northern Four Racing Partnership
    3411-04
    RPR 158c, 145h OR 156c, 143h
    He won the Grand Annual at Cheltenham last season and will be competitive in all of those conditions chases over two miles this season. He gave himself a cut at Tipperary a couple of weeks ago but nothing too serious. He could pick up a lot of prize-money.

Clondaw Secret
    5g Court Cave - Secret Can't Say
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 89p OR -
    We're looking forward to starting him off in a bumper in the coming weeks. We're just waiting on a bit of softer ground for him.

Coach Carter
    4g Sholokhov - Catcherinscratcher
    Kenny Haughey
    RPR 97b OR -
    He ran a bit keen at Galway. He's a quick horse who jumps very well. He'll go for another bumper and will win plenty of races.

Coko Beach
    5g Cokoriko - Solana Beach
    Gigginstown House Stud
    512F09-
    RPR 147h OR 141h
    He'll go novice chasing. He never really got his ground last season but he was a highly rated juvenile hurdler and he could be all right over fences.

Column Of Fire
    6g Robin Des Champs - Ghillie's Bay
    Gigginstown House Stud
    32F13F-
    RPR 146h OR 145h
    He looked as though he was delivering a winning challenge when falling at the last in the Martin Pipe. He was very sore afterwards, but thankfully we have him for this season and we'll go over fences. He's cantering away and is about a month or six weeks away from running. He's a classy horse.

Commander Of Fleet
    6g Fame And Glory - Coonagh Cross
    Gigginstown House Stud
    1/1412/P-
    RPR 152h OR 149h
    He's a Grade 1 winner. He got a leg last year but he's back and looks great. He's an exciting horse to go chasing with.

Commentariolus
    6g Frankel - Apsara
    M Booth & Rachael Evans
    13/5/
    RPR 123h OR 120h
    He had a leg injury and missed a lot of time but had a nice run on the Flat at Thurles this month and I think he's well up to winning a few over hurdles.

Conflated
    6g Yeats - Saucy Present
    Gigginstown House Stud
    31344-3
    RPR 141h, 137c OR 138h
    He had a nice run over fences at Punchestown and he should come on a lot for the run. You'd be hoping he might develop into a black-type horse and there might be a handicap to be won with him along the way.

Coqolino
    5g French Fifteen - Classic Angel
    JP McManus
    12-
    RPR 120b OR -
    He was beaten by a good horse in a bumper at Gowran Park. We like him and we're looking forward to sending him over hurdles.

Corran Cross
    5g Doyen - Steel Lady
    KTDA Racing
    1-2
    RPR 115b OR -
    He bumped into a smart horse at Downpatrick and he's well up to winning his bumper in the coming weeks.

Cracking Smart
    8g Great Pretender - Maya Du Frene
    Gigginstown House Stud
    8P7514-
    RPR 155h OR 154h
    He won the Boyne Hurdle at Navan last season and he's back looking and moving great. He didn't enjoy chasing, so I'd say we'll keep him over hurdles this season. He can go for all of those conditions hurdle races and he's a smart horse on his day.

Cuneo
    8g Kapgarde - Mefertiti
    Pioneer Racing
    700-033
    RPR 141h, 120c OR 130h
    We ran him over a trip that's probably a bit short of his best at Gowran Park. He's a big staying horse and we'll try to win a staying handicap chase with him. He's a good fun horse to have.

Curlew Hill
    5g Carlotamix - Flags Flying
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    RPR 132h OR -
    He ran well at Punchestown and then got beaten by a smart horse at Downpatrick when the ground was a bit soft for him.

Daphne Moon
    5m Kalanisi - Massini Rose
    Mrs B McConnell
    3382-0
    RPR 104b OR -
    The ground wasn't soft enough for her last time at Punchestown but she's going to go over hurdles now. She's a big, honest staying mare.

Dark Spark
    4g Presenting - Voler La Vedette
    Nelius O'Keeffe
    RPR 116b OR -
    He’s got a really good pedigree and I liked the way he won his bumper at Kilbeggan. He's a nice horse who we'll probably keep to bumpers this season.

Darling Daughter
    6m Presenting - Premier Victory
    Gigginstown House Stud
    110-
    RPR 123b OR -
    She had to have an operation on her knees after the Champion Bumper at Cheltenham but she's back cantering away. She probably won't be ready until Christmas but she's a Grade 2 bumper winner and should be well capable of getting black type over hurdles.

Daylight Katie
    7m Bonbon Rose - Sirani
    Coldunell Limited
    313/211-
    RPR 139h OR -
    She'll go jumping fences. She injured herself at Down Royal last year – she just put her foot through the third-last and cut her leg – and that's why she didn't run again. I've always liked her and I'm looking forward to seeing her over a fence.

Death Duty
    9g Shantou - Midnight Gift
    Gigginstown House Stud
    1F/4402-
    RPR 162c 150h OR 147c 142h
    He's working well. I'm not sure what route I'm going to go with him but he's very well and isn't far off running. He's a classy horse but he's had a few injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if we kept him over hurdles.

Defi Bleu
    7g Saddler Maker - Glycine Bleue
    Gigginstown House Stud
    13203/P-
    RPR 145h OR 140h
    He missed a year through injury. We haven't fully decided if he'll go chasing but he could mix and match. He could win a lot of prize-money if he stays sound.

Delta Work
    7g Network - Robbe
    Gigginstown House Stud
    3-14115
    RPR 173c OR 170c
    We've learned a bit more about him every year and we know he always comes on from his first run, so we'd be expecting him to take a good step forward from whatever he does in the Ladbrokes Champion Chase at Down Royal. He's still a young horse and we think there could be more improvement with another summer under his belt. He was only beaten six or seven lengths in the Gold Cup despite the fact he didn't jump well on the day – he just never got into a rhythm for whatever reason at Cheltenham – so I wouldn't be writing him off at all. Jack [Kennedy] seems to get a tune out him that nobody else can, so hopefully he'll be back in time to ride him at Down Royal. He'll take the exact same path to the Gold Cup this season and I still believe in him.

Don Diablo
    5g Flemensfirth - Tonaphuca Girl
    KTDA Racing
    2-3
    RPR 110b OR -
    He was too keen when third in a bumper at Clonmel but he came out of the race well and will run again soon.

Duffle Coat
    3g Alhebayeb - Humilis
    Little Emperor Syndicate
    RPR 124h OR -
    He's done nothing wrong in winning his two hurdle races this season and we'll either go to Down Royal or Wetherby with him. He's not the biggest but he has an engine.

Easywork
    6g Network - Rivabella De Saisy
    Gigginstown House Stud
    3/11122-
    RPR 155h OR 153h
    He's a good horse. He chased home Envoi Allen in the Ballymore last season and that's good form. We're looking forward to seeing what he can do over fences and he stays well.

Eclair De Beaufeu
    6g Monitor Closely - Tenebreuse Gemm
    Gigginstown House Stud
    214312-
    RPR 158c, 138h OR 153c, 135h
    He'll run in all of those good two-mile chases. He was second at Cheltenham last season and won a valuable handicap chase in Ireland as well. Hopefully there'll be more to come from him and he might even come back over hurdles at some stage in the season.

Envious Editor
    6g Aizavoski - Moll The Rol
    Robcour
    20/49P-3
    RPR 118h OR 118h
    He ran well at Listowel on his first run for us and he should come on a lot for that. He should be winning his maiden hurdle in the next few weeks.

Envoi Allen
    6g Muhtathir - Reaction
    Cheveley Park Stud
    11/1111-
    RPR 161h OR 160h
    We can't wait to send him over a fence as this is what he was bought to do. It's no secret that I like to start off my best horses at Down Royal and the beginners' chase that Samcro won last year looks the right place for him to go. He can come up and down in trip in Ireland, like he did last season in his novice hurdles, but if I was to put my hand on my heart about what race he'll run in at Cheltenham I'd have to say it would be the JLT. He'll have two more strong pieces of work between now and Down Royal and we're very happy with him.

Escaria Ten
    6g Maresca Sorrento - Spartes Eria
    McNeill Family
    23110-
    RPR 138h OR 132h
    He won a couple of times over hurdles and could be a real good staying chaser for us this season. He's an exciting horse and one we're really looking forward to.

Eskylane
    6g Flemensfirth - Maple Lady
    K Haughey & Laura Haughey & Kieran T Byrne
    215-1
    RPR 135h OR -
    Like a lot of ours, he'll come on a lot for his first start of the season, when he won nicely at Punchestown. He's a classy horse, as he showed when finishing fifth in the Champion Bumper last season, and I'd say it'll be the For Auction Novice Hurdle at Navan next.

Fakiera
    5g Cokoriko - Stella D'Engilbert
    Tim O'Driscoll
    4/4222-
    RPR 130h OR -
    He's a big staying horse who has a few good runs under his belt and he'll be ready to start back in a few weeks. He's up to winning his maiden hurdle and we'll take it from there.

Fakir D'Alene
    5g Cokoriko - Serbanne
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    7-2
    RPR 114h OR -
    He was disappointing in a bumper at Navan last season but he had a good run back over hurdles at Kilbeggan and I'd expect him to get off the mark sooner rather than later.

Fancy Foundations
    6g Kayf Tara - Miss Rocco
    4/4P-1
    RPR 119h OR -
    He's a nice horse and whatever he does over hurdles will only be a bonus before he goes jumping fences.

Fantasio D'Alene
    5g Saddler Maker - Passion D'Alene
    Gigginstown House Stud
    3/12247-
    RPR 113h OR -
    He should develop into a good staying novice this year and is one we're really looking forward to. He could end up being an Albert Bartlett horse.

Farouk D'Alene
    5g Racinger - Mascotte D'Alene
    Gigginstown House Stud
    11-
    RPR 126b OR -
    He won two bumpers for us and is a tough horse who jumps and gallops well. He could be a real good staying novice hurdler. The Ballymore could be the race for him. He's laid-back at home but he's a fair galloper and you'd have to love what he did both days for us.

Feel My Pulse
    6g Stowaway - Zenaide
    Gigginstown House Stud
    1/ (point-to-point)
    RPR 94p OR -
    He's a very talented horse but also very hard to train. We couldn't get him to the track at all last year but he's back working nicely and hopefully we'll get a clear run with him. We're just waiting on some soft ground for him.

Felicidad
    5m Racinger - Sacade
    Kenneth Alexander
    3/8-F216
    RPR 126h OR -
    She won her maiden hurdle well at Listowel but it was very heavy ground at Limerick last time and she choked up, so we're going to get her wind done now.

Felix Desjy
    7g Maresca Sorrento - Lamadoun
    Gigginstown House Stud
    151/2-F1
    RPR 135c OR -
    He'll go for the Craddockstown Novice Chase at Punchestown after winning his beginners' chase nicely at Killarney. He'll come on a lot for Killarney and he's a nice horse to have for the two-mile novice chasing sphere. The Arkle will be on his agenda but you'd have to say he's more effective on a flat track, where he can put other horses under pressure, and he could be hard to beat at Aintree. He won a Grade 1 over hurdles there as a novice a couple of seasons back, so we know he likes it there.

Fields Of Dreams
    4g Champs Elysees - Dylanesque
    Frank McAleavy
    4781-23 (Flat)
    RPR 83f OR 78f
    He was rated in the high 70s on the Flat for Roger Charlton and he's jumping well at home. He should be ready to start off over hurdles in the next few weeks.

Fierami
    5g Network - Une Brik
    Jim Power
    7-5759
    RPR 101h OR 102h
    He has solid form without being exceptional and could be well enough handicapped to pay his way.

Fiston Des Issards
    5g Buck's Boum - Saboum
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 92p OR -
    He came highly recommended out of Colin Bowe's after he won his point and he's one we're looking forward to starting off in a bumper. He's a big staying chaser for the future.

Floueur
    5g Legolas - Saraska D'Airy
    Claudio Michael Grech
    31113-
    RPR 141h OR 141h
    He won a nice race at Navan and ran well at Punchestown. He's another big chaser and one we're looking forward to.

Folcano
    Falco - Floriana
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    FF1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 88p OR -
    He won his point and is a nice bumper horse to have this year.

Frontal Assault
    5g Presenting - The Folkes Choice
    Gigginstown House Stud
    235-2
    RPR 118b 111h OR -
    He didn't do a lot wrong apart from being beaten at Limerick and he'll come on a lot for that.

Fury Road
    6g Stowaway - Molly Duffy
    Gigginstown House Stud
    311143-
    RPR 152h OR 151h
    He's going to stay over hurdles this season and there's a nice second-season novice race over 2m6f at Navan for him to start off in. You'd be hoping he can develop into a horse who would be competitive in the Stayers' Hurdle. That division looks quite open and that's why we kept him to hurdles this year.

Galvin
    6g Gold Well - Burren Moonshine
    RA Bartlett
    422-111
    RPR 155c OR 148c
    The National Hunt Chase at Cheltenham is made for this lad. It's hard to believe it, but he didn't win over fences until July of this year, when he won over 2m5f at Killarney. He's won two soft races since. The plan was the Galway Plate but we had to rule him out on the morning of the race, which was unfortunate. I'd say there's a nice pot in him and the National Hunt Chase is the plan. He was second at Cheltenham last season and ran well there as a hurdler, so it seems the logical aim. There's a Grade 3 chase at Cork next month and we could run him in that before putting him away for Cheltenham.

Gars De Sceaux
    4g Saddler Marker - Replique
    JP McManus
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 96p OR -
    He won his point-to-point nicely and we like him. He's one to look forward to and will start off in a bumper.

Gerri Colombe
    4g Saddler Maker - Ruse De Guerre
    Robcour
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 90p OR -
    Another who won his point nicely, he's one of many nice horses we have to run in bumpers this season.

Getabay
    6g Getaway - Curragheen
    6223-33
    RPR 112h OR -
    A big staying chaser and I’d say you couldn't go far enough with him. I probably ran him back a bit soon last month.

Get Rich Die Plyin
    5g Beat Hollow - Shivermetimber
    Apollo Horse Racing Syndicate & Gary Hassall
    2-13
    RPR 127h OR -
    He's a big galloper and the only little worry I'd have with him is heavy ground. He was a small bit disappointing in a novice hurdle at Cork on Sunday but that was just his second run over hurdles and hopefully there should be more to come from him.

Ginto
    4g Walk In The Park - Tina Rederie
    Crocodile Pockets Syndicate
    Unraced
    Jamie Codd holds him in very high regard. We'll start him off in a point soon and, if Jamie is right about him, he could be exciting.

Give Him Time
    9g Kalanisi - Delayed
    Jolly Racing Syndicate
    013P1P
    RPR 106h, 105c OR 98h, 98c
    He made a bad mistake at Punchestown early and Denis [O'Regan] wisely pulled him up. There should be lots more fun to be had with him.

Glan
    5m Getaway - Fleur
    Mrs Ann Marie McManus
    7-11
    RPR 113b OR -
    Her bumper form is good. She stepped up on her Kilbeggan win when doing it nicely at Punchestown, the form of which has been boosted. We've given her a little break and the plan is to bring her back for some of those nice Listed mares' bumpers in the spring.

Glenglass
    4g Ocovango - Funny Times
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 91p OR -
    He's a very big horse and did exceptionally well to win a point at four. He's a lovely horse but he won't be busy this year. He's one for the future.

Glenloe
    9g Kayf Tara - Mandys Native
    JP McManus
    5/54/534-
    RPR 142c OR 135c
    He's a grand horse. It was disappointing that he missed Cheltenham last season as he would have had a decent chance there but hopefully we'll get a clear run with him this year.

Glens Finale
    6g Sholokhov - Glens Music
    Ms Fiona McStay
    1897-
    RPR 102h OR -
    He's been a hard horse to train but he has an engine.

Glorious Zoff
    3g Zoffany - Ardbrae Lady
    Deva Racing Syndicate
    74-5366 (Flat)
    RPR 74f OR 70f
    He's schooling well and will start off in a juvenile hurdle in the coming weeks.

Gold Des Bois
    6g Full Of Gold - Equatoriale
    Robcour
    06432-1
    RPR 123h OR -
    He got off the mark for us at Clonmel and the plan is to run him in a handicap hurdle at Down Royal. We'll keep him to hurdles for the season and hopefully there'll be a nice pot in him.

Golden Nomad
    6g Gold Well - Roaming
    Sideways Syndicate
    3-44202
    RPR 112h, 112c OR 108h
    He's been a bit disappointing but he's had a wind operation and, on the way he works at home, he should be up to winning races.

Gordon's Jet
    4g Jet Away - Rose Brook
    Douglas Taylor
    RPR 113b OR -
    He's a nice horse but real heavy ground would be a bit of a worry for him.

Grand Roi
    4g Spanish Moon - Ultra D'Anjou
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    6/31411-
    RPR 131h OR 140h
    He's done a couple of nice bits at home and he's one we're looking forward to this year. There's a Grade 3 hurdle at Galway that we'll start him off in and, all being well, it'll be the Fishery Lane after that. He'll come on for his first run.

Grangeclare Native
    5g Shantou - Navaro
    Gigginstown House Stud
    1/18-F
    RPR 120h OR -
    He fell at Gowran Park when a short-priced favourite and we'd be hoping he can put that behind him wherever he goes next. He's a nice horse.

Hamundarson
    5g Stowaway - Hats And Heels
    Gigginstown House Stud
    25-2
    RPR 113b OR -
    I thought he was one of my better bumper horses last season but he's been a bit disappointing to say the least. We might go over hurdles with him now and maybe even fit him with some headgear.

Hereditary Rule
    5g Imperial Monarch - Miss Ogan
    CF Syndicate
    528-
    RPR 114h OR -
    He got a leg last year but he's back and is close to running again. He's owned by a great bunch of lads and we're looking forward to getting him back out.

Hollow Games
    4g Beat Hollow - I'm Grand
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 93p OR -
    Another point winner, he wants soft ground and is a horse I'm looking forward to running. He's going to make a real good staying chaser and I've made no secret about the fact I think he's nice.

Homme D'Un Soir
    4g Hurricane Cat - Country Girl
    13-
    RPR 115b OR -
    He won his bumper at Gowran Park but got beaten next time in a messy six-runner bumper at Leopardstown. He's jumping very well and we're looking forward to getting him out soon.

I A Connect
    5g Jeremy - Kings Orchid
    McNeill Family
    3-23
    RPR 112b OR -
    He works very well at home. For whatever reason, he just hasn't won yet. I'm not sure if we'll keep him to bumpers or go jumping hurdles, but he works like a machine and hopefully he can show that on track before too long.

Imperial Sachin's
    4g Fame And Glory - Queen Of Tribes
    Imperial Racing Syndicate
    RPR 100b OR -
    He had a nice first run at Downpatrick and he'll come on a lot for that. He should be up to winning a bumper.

Indigo Breeze
    4g Martaline - Miss Poutine
    G Costello
    1 (point-to-point)
    He worked well on grass last week and is ready to start off in a bumper fairly soon. He won an English point.

Insane Bolt
    4g Slade Power - Rahaala
    McDonnell's Bar Racing Syndicate
    7-81323
    RPR 113h OR 111h
    He's a good fun horse who always runs his race. We'll give him a few runs at Dundalk as well as over hurdles over the winter and he'll pay his way.

Jimmy Jimmy
    5g Robin Des Champs - Asturienne
    Brendan Scully
    622-121
    RPR 127h OR -
    He won his maiden hurdle at Punchestown. He's a good fun horse who'll end up jumping a fence but will pay his way over hurdles.

Kayf Thou
    9g Kayf Tara - Labelthou
    D Charlesworth
    6/34383-
    RPR 110c, 100h OR 105c, 94h
    He's a low-grade staying handicap chaser but there should be plenty of fun to be had with him over the winter.

Larquebuse
    6m Saddler Maker - Sirene Du Rheu
    Cheveley Park Stud
    141416-
    RPR 137h OR -
    The ground can't be soft enough for her. She was unlucky not to get black type over hurdles last season and I'd be hoping she can get it over fences this year.

Last Minute Man
    8g Yeats - Ella Watson
    SP O'Connor
    00/3337-
    RPR 125h OR 123h
    He was unlucky not to win over hurdles last season but hopefully that'll change this season. He's not far off a run.

Longacre Square
    5g Jeremy - Missed Trip
    We Are Going To Do It Syndicate
    RPR 105h OR -
    He ran well at Tramore last month and should be up to winning a few races for the syndicate. He's a fun horse.

Longclaw
    3g Kitten's Joy - Secret Union
    NHJ Racing Syndicate
    RPR 120h OR -
    He's won three juvenile hurdles and will probably go to Wetherby for a Listed hurdle.

Magic Tricks
    4g Davidoff - Cadoubelle Des As
    JP McManus
    2- (point-to-point)
    RPR 90p OR -
    He's a brother to Abacadabras and, like him, he shows plenty of pace. He was second to Gars De Sceaux in a point and we're looking forward to running him soon. He's speedy.

Malone Road
    6g Kalanisi - Zaffarella
    Cheveley Park Stud
    1/11/13
    RPR 135h OR -
    He came home from Listowel very sore and he's on the easy list, so we probably won't see him until Christmas. He was disappointing at Listowel, where his jumping let him down, but he was clearly feeling something given he came back sore. He looks like he'll need stepping up in trip but you'd have to say it's unlikely he'll ever be the horse he promised to be as a bumper horse, which is unfortunate. He just doesn't seem to be the same since he came back from his injury.

Mars Harper
    4g Sulamani - Kizzy May
    Pioneer Racing
    RPR 114b OR -
    He surprised us a little when he won at Ballinrobe but the form of that race has worked out well and he showed it wasn't a fluke when he ran well at Punchestown. He's still quite immature and there should be more to come.

Milan Native
    7g Milan - That's The Goose
    Gigginstown House Stud
    24221-1
    RPR 152c OR 149c
    He won well at Galway on his return and there's a race at Navan in a few weeks for second-season novices which he might go to. There's also a race at Wexford. Long term, I'm hoping he'd be a horse for the Nationals, either Aintree or Fairyhouse.

Minellafordollars
    8g King's Theatre - Another Dollar
    JP McManus
    31/84/6-6
    RPR 136h, 124c OR 121c
    He came back in from his summer holidays looking great and he'll be up to paying his way. He showed plenty of promise as a young horse and hopefully he's up to winning a few.

Mount Ida
    6m Yeats - Jolivia
    KTDA Racing
    21/1230-
    RPR 128h OR 137h
    She has black type over hurdles but she's been a bit slow to come to hand this season. We're going to go chasing with her and we think she's up to getting black type over fences.

Mr Caplan
    5g Fame And Glory - Clockwise
    Allan Snow
    2-
    RPR 100b OR -
    He works very well. We've had a few problems with him at home but he's working well now again. I'd be surprised if he doesn't win his bumper.

Mr Jackman
    4g Flemensfirth - Leith Walk
    NHJ Racing Syndicate
    RPR 102h OR -
    I was very disappointed when he got beaten over hurdles at Punchestown a couple of weeks ago but the form of that race is turning out to be good. We're looking forward to getting him out again soon and he's up to paying his way.

O Connell Street
    6g Fame And Glory - Victorine
    Vincent Caldwell & Mrs Kathleen Caldwell
    24/2-6
    RPR 112h OR -
    He got a bit tired on his first run for us at Limerick but he qualifies for a mark now and should be able to pay his way in handicaps.

Off Your Rocco
    4g Shirocco - Takeyourcapoff
    Pioneer Racing
    RPR 103b OR -
    He won his bumper nicely and we've given him a little break. He's one to look forward to when he goes jumping.

One Down
    5g Arcadio - Gilt Ridden
    Gigginstown House Stud
    413-1
    RPR 114h OR -
    He won well at Gowran Park but I think he'll need to improve a lot to be competitive in Graded races. He was just very weak last year but I'm much happier with him now. He's a brother to The Game Changer but he's not as quick as he was.

Out Sam
    11g Multiplex - Tintera
    D Charlesworth
    3063P-F
    RPR 151c OR 126c
    He was in the process of running a nice race at Kilbeggan when he fell three out. He was fine afterwards and we were going to go for the Velká Pardubická but the prize-money was cut, so we decided against it. He could go back to the Cork National, which he won a couple of seasons ago, and also has the option of going down the cross-country route again.

Papal Lodge
    4g Papal Bull - Ladyofthelodge
    Justanidea Syndicate
    RPR 106h OR -
    I ran him back too soon last time but he's back working nicely and will run in a maiden hurdle soon.

Paranoid
    6g Mahler - Kilbarry Medoc
    Philip Reynolds
    3402P-1
    RPR 120h, 109c OR 110h, 112c
    He got the job done at Galway and you'd be hoping he could win again somewhere. He has the option of going over fences as well.

Pencilfulloflead
    6g Shantou - Quaspia
    Robcour
    14214-
    RPR 139h OR -
    He's schooling very well at home. He was bought to be a chaser and we're looking forward to sending him over a fence.

Petit Mouchoir
    9g Al Namix - Arnette
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    2235-23
    RPR 165h, 161c OR 157h
    He's a great horse for Noel and Valerie Moran as he can run in all of the big hurdle races in Ireland and hopefully pick up a cheque each time provided he stays sound. How many horses can you buy for £70,000 and know that, if he stays sound, he will win at least half of that if he stays sound? Not many. He's a classy horse and we thought he was worth taking a chance on. We'll keep him over hurdles for the time being but I wouldn't rule out going back over fences with him. The Morgiana Hurdle might be a nice starting point for him.

Presenting Percy
    9g Sir Percy - Hunca Munca
    Philip Reynolds
    18/353F-
    RPR 172c OR 165c
    I've always liked this horse. He has to improve 6lb or 7lb to be in with a chance of winning a Gold Cup but we're hopeful he can and we're very happy with what he's showing us at home. I can't wait to start him off at Down Royal and hopefully he has a big season ahead of him. If you look back at last season's Gold Cup, there's no reason to say he wouldn't have been in the money if he hadn't fallen. They went no gallop and he was coming from off the pace, which wouldn't have suited, but he was coming with a good run when he came down two out. We're very glad to have him. The plan is very much the Gold Cup but we'll also give ourselves the option of the Grand National. I think he could run very well in that.

Queens Brook
    5m Shirocco - Awesome Miracle
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    13-1
    RPR 122h OR -
    She was only three-quarters fit when she won at Fairyhouse recently and she had a good blow afterwards. Once she gets softer ground and steps out in trip she'll be a better mare altogether and the mares' novice hurdle at Cheltenham will be the plan for her. She'll go to Down Royal next for the Grade 3 mares' novice that Daylight Katie won last year and, depending on how that goes, I wouldn't be afraid of taking on the boys at some stage with her before Cheltenham. A better gallop will suit her and she wants to please you. They went no gallop at Fairyhouse and we knew she wasn’t fit, but she put her head down and galloped all the way to the line. Watch her from the last to the line – she wants to win. I love that about her.

Quilixios
    3g Maxios - Quilita
    Cheveley Park Stud
    1-1
    RPR 133h OR -
    It's very early to be starting to talk about the Triumph Hurdle but he's a nice horse and he showed that at Punchestown last week. We’ll step him up in grade now.

Ragnar Lodbrok
    5g Fame And Glory - Justamemory
    Gigginstown House Stud
    34-1
    RPR 121h OR -
    He ran in a couple of good bumpers last year before getting off the mark for us over hurdles at Galway. He should come on a lot from that.

Ravenhill
    10g Winged Love - Rhythm Hill
    Try Ravenhill Syndicate
    52F1-U6
    RPR 157c OR 153c
    He won the National Hunt Chase last season but disappointed us a little at Punchestown last week. I had been thinking of running him in the big race [Ladbrokes Champion Chase] at Down Royal but we'll see closer to the time. The Grand National looks the race for him and that'll be his long-term target.

Recent Revelations
    4g Moohaajim - Shirley Blake
    Half Married Syndicate
    24-22P5
    RPR 128h OR 130h
    He was disappointing at Punchestown last week and we'll be trying to get him back to some of his better form as a juvenile and hopefully get his head in front over hurdles somewhere this season. He had a wind operation before Punchestown.

Road To Dubai
    6g Aqlaam - Fragrancy
    Brendan Scully
    12331-1
    RPR 136h OR -
    We'll mix and match with him. The race he won at Navan wasn't strong but he did it well and hopefully he'll be up to winning again.

Run Wild Fred
    6g Shantou - Talkin Madam
    Gigginstown House Stud
    1/31F1-3
    RPR 145c, 149h OR 144h
    He was a bit disappointing on his return at Limerick when it looked as though he had the race won before weakening at the back of the last. He should come on from that and hopefully he's up to winning his beginners' chase. I wouldn't be writing him off at all and, if he's not a Graded horse, hopefully he can pay his way in handicaps.

Saint D'Oroux
    4g Saint Des Saints - Benghasi
    513-933
    RPR 131h OR 130h
    He's had a wind operation since his last run. He just wasn't finishing his races out. If he comes back to his Cheltenham form he'll be okay.

Samcro
    8g Germany - Dun Dun
    Gigginstown House Stud
    25-1F21
    RPR 165c OR 159c
    The second-season novice chase at Down Royal is the plan for him and then you'd love to aim him back at something like the Ryanair at Cheltenham. We could go for the John Durkan at Punchestown and maybe something like the Kinloch Brae at Thurles before Cheltenham. I'm not going to do what I did last season in running him on bottomless ground during the winter. Everyone was saying how good a training performance it was getting him back to win the Marsh but I'd argue it was one of the worst training decisions I have ever made when I ran him on heavy ground at Limerick last winter. I won't make that mistake again with him and he could get a little break during the winter as he's just not the same horse on deep ground.

Sam's Choice
    4g Kalanisi - Impressive Choice
    Lyreen Syndicate
    RPR 108b OR -
    He was second first time up at Punchestown and then we probably ran him back a bit quick when he disappointed us on softer ground there on his second start. We'll freshen him up and have him for the spring and he's a nice horse.

Santana Plessis
    6g Saint Des Saints - La Passeroie
    D Charlesworth
    RPR 123h OR 115h
    He won well the other day at Kilbeggan when Denis [O'Regan] gave him a good ride. I thought the handicapper was harsh enough putting him up 7lb but hopefully he'll be up to winning a little novice hurdle in England.

Sharp Focus
    5g Rock Of Gibraltar - Strawberrymystique
    Magnified Partnership
    951602 (Flat)
    RPR 79f OR 71f
    He ran well in Killarney last time and he has been schooling well over hurdles. We might give him one more run on the Flat before we go jumping with him.

Shattered Love
    9m Yeats - Tracker
    Gigginstown House Stud
    17326-3
    RPR 159c OR 150c
    It's not going to be easy to place her this season but she ran well at Punchestown and should come on from that.

Sheer Liss
    5m Shirocco - Liss Na Tintri
    Kenneth Alexander
    RPR 116b OR -
    She ran very well in a good mares' bumper at Gowran Park first time up for us. If we'd known her better we might have made more use of her that day. Maybe we ran her back a bit soon at Ballinrobe the other day but we'll freshen her up now and there should be more to come from her over hurdles.

Sire Du Berlais
    8g Poliglote - Royale Athenia
    JP McManus
    18/4941-
    RPR 164h OR 158h
    He has won the last two runnings of the Pertemps at Cheltenham. He's going to have to improve if he's to step up into open company but hopefully he can. The Stayers' Hurdle division looks open and we don't really have any other option but to go down that route, so hopefully he's up to it.

Sir Gerhard
    5g Jeremy - Faanan Aldaar
    Cheveley Park Stud
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 93p OR -
    He's a nice young horse who won his point very impressively and, everything he's done at home, he's done it well. We think he'll take high rank in the bumper sphere.

Sister Eliza
    3f Footstepsinthesand - Gift Dancer
    Jolly Racing Syndicate
    4B0
    RPR 98h OR -
    She has a couple of nice runs over hurdles under her belt and goes for a fillies' three-year-old hurdle next week. She's a nice fun horse.

Star Maker
    6g Mastercraftsmasn - Snoqualmie Star
    Thomond Racing Syndicate
    1P400-0
    RPR 130h OR 128h
    He was disappointing at Tipperary but he won a nice pot for us at Killarney last summer and if we could get him back to that sort of form he'd pay his way. He'll run at Down Royal if the ground isn't too soft for him.

Take A Turn
    6g Henrythenavigator - Satwa Pearl
    MJ Wasylocha
    71/1P4-0
    RPR 124h OR 122h
    He ran a bit flat last time but on his best form he's up to winning races and we're looking forward to getting him out soon.

Thatsy
    6g Martaline - Rainallday
    K Haughey & Laura Haughey & Kieran T Byrne
    21497-2
    RPR 130c
    I don't know what his trip is. I run him over two miles and it looks like he wants two and a half, then we run him over two and a half and it looks like he needs two. He got tired at Galway but he should come on from it. We'll try and win our beginners' chase and take things from there.

The Abbey
    7g Yeats - Sapphire Spray
    When In Rome Partnership
    276-222
    RPR 115c OR 109c
    We might bring him back to 2m and he'll run his race in handicaps. He's unfortunate not to have won over fences before now.

The Bosses Oscar
    5g Oscar - Cuteasafox
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    12125-
    RPR 140h OR 137h
    He's the one horse you'd take out of Cheltenham last season as he was very unlucky in the Martin Pipe. Nothing went right for him in the race and he got knocked down everywhere but still managed to finish his race off well. He goes to Thurles for a winners' race and there'll be a lot of fun to be had with him this season.

The Sliding Rock
    5m Shantou - Karello Bay
    Mrs Caren Walsh & EG Tunstall & John F Doyle & John Mulholl
    6-261261
    RPR 120h OR 116h
    She should be up to getting black type. She just didn't handle Downpatrick last month and she showed what she's made of at Ballinrobe. She's nice.

The Storyteller
    9g Shantou - Bally Bolshoi
    Mrs P Sloan
    2-P1121
    RPR 163c, 159h OR 156c, 153h
    He may have earned himself a crack at the big one at Down Royal next month after winning so well at Punchestown last week. He’s been a great horse for us, winning ten races altogether, and he has the option of going back over hurdles. It wouldn't shock me if he were to run well in a Stayers' Hurdle.

The Very Man
    6g Jeremy - Mill Meadow
    Gigginstown House Stud
    211-114
    RPR 138h OR 138h
    He did well for us over hurdles during the summer and I'd imagine he'll go chasing sooner rather than later.

Tiger Roll
    10g Authorized - Swiss Roll
    Gigginstown House Stud
    4111/52-
    RPR 174c OR 168c
    We have the option of running him in a Flat maiden at Navan this week or going to Down Royal for the Ladbrokes Champion Chase but I'd only run him there if the ground wasn't soft and I wouldn't do the two – if we run him on the Flat, I'd say we'd look for a little hurdle race for him somewhere. I'll tell you one thing, though, he's absolutely bouncing at home. The plan is to go back for the cross-country at Cheltenham and then all the talk will be about Aintree, but we'll be training him for Cheltenham first and foremost. He's in serious form at home and I couldn't be happier with him. We made no secret of the fact he had a less than ideal prep for Cheltenham and then the ground turned up soft on the day when he was second to a very good horse. It was going to be a bit of a rush to build him back up for a Grand National and, in hindsight, what happened with the race may have been a blessing in disguise as far as he was concerned. He's a different horse now compared to this time last year and we can't wait to start him back.

Timoteo
    7g Diamond Green - Goldnella
    Middleham Park Racing Ireland
    7511/8P-
    RPR 142c OR 129c
    We could aim him at all of those good two-mile handicap chases. Something like the Dan Moore at Fairyhouse could suit him.

Tullybeg
    5g Sholokhov - Verney Roe
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    4-12U1
    RPR 134h OR -
    I think stepping up in trip was the key to him at Downpatrick, where he won well. I might not run him on real heavy ground but he's in good form and we're looking forward to him.

Uncle Henry
    6g Henrythenavigator - Shebelia
    Kieron Gammell
    32F/140
    RPR 117h OR 115h
    He pulled a muscle and we missed a few days with him after Navan but he's back working well now and we'll get him out as soon as we can.

Weseekhimhere
    4g Elusive Pimpernel - Rhythm Nation
    John F Doyle & Mrs Caren Walsh
    RPR 126b OR -
    He was very impressive in winning his two bumpers. We might keep him to bumpers this season and head to Down Royal or Navan next.

Wide Receiver
    5g Sholokhov - Sagarich
    Gigginstown House Stud
    1/126-2
    RPR 122h OR -
    He probably should have won at Punchestown last week but should come on from that. We like him a lot and there should be more to come.

Zanahiyr
    3g Nathaniel - Zariyna
    Noel and Valerie Moran
    RPR 129h
    He won over a mile and a half on the Flat and looks a nice type for juvenile hurdling. He had been working well before his Ballinrobe win and should improve from that.

Two for the tracker

There's a lot of fun to be had with The Bosses Oscar, who was the horse to take out of Cheltenham last year, and I wouldn't be writing off Run Wild Fred at all. Hopefully he's up to winning a nice staying handicap chase.

Expert View
    Gordon Elliott was just hours away from winning his first trainers' title back in late April of 2018 before being collared in the final few strides by Willie Mullins, but this looks his best chance yet.

He appears to have both quality and quantity in every department. Mick Jazz finished third in a Champion Hurdle, but he was something of a wild card, so Abacadabras is the first real speedy two-mile hurdler Elliott has had. He's no bigger than 6-1 for the Champion Hurdle so races like the Morgiana, Ryanair Hurdle and Irish Champion Hurdle will be on his radar. The prize-money available in those will provide new entries to his piggy bank.

New signing Presenting Percy strengthens his staying chase team. We did not see the best of Delta Work in last season's Cheltenham Gold Cup, so it would be foolish to write him off, so Samcro could stay over two and a half miles and have a crack at the Ryanair.

Fury Road being kept over hurdles could be a shrewd move. He is surely a Stayers' Hurdle contender, along with two-time Pertemps Final winner Sire Du Berlais.

No horse has ever been sprinkled with more stardust than Envoi Allen. He appears to have everything you want in a racehorse and captains a terrific team of novice chasers. Easywork, second to him in the Ballymore, is another high-class recruit to fences.

Queens Brook is better than she showed at Fairyhouse. Slower ground, a more generous gallop and a longer trip will bring out the best in her.

And do not dare give up on Wide Receiver. He was a beaten odds-on favourite at Punchestown last week but jumped superbly in the main and just made a mess of the last. He's nice.

Fantasio D'Alene strikes me as the ideal Albert Bartlett type, while Elliott has won just about every juvenile hurdle going so far. Zanahiyr, a winner at Ballinrobe on Saturday, might just be the best of that bunch.

And, you had to wait until the final line for Tiger Roll to be mentioned. That tells you all you need to know.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wilsonl For This Useful Post:

Diamond Geezer (19th October 2020), Euronymous (19th October 2020), granger (19th October 2020), Perpetual (20th October 2020), Tout Seul (19th October 2020)

Thanks
    Nicky Henderson Sporting Life / Unibet update https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...le-tour/185664

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perpetual For This Useful Post:

Grasshopper (23rd October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    Who is Willie doing his stable tour with?
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Joseph O'Brien may be transitioning to the Flat – he is coming off his best year so far in that code – but he still has a team for the winter that most trainers would be envious of.

Arkle runner-up Fakir D'Oudairies spearheads O'Brien's team of jumpers and will be joined in top chases by fellow Grade 1-winning novice chaser Le Richebourg, who has been absent since blowing his Irish Arkle rivals away in February 2019 but is set to make his long-awaited return next month.

Cheltenham Festival winners Band Of Outlaws and Early Doors may be sidelined for the season but there are any number of potential stars of the future waiting in the wings at Owning Hill.

Eric Bloodaxe is a horse O'Brien has always spoken highly of and is one such youngster the trainer is looking forward to sending over hurdles, while Forged In Fire and Fire Attack are other smart bumper horses ready to embark on novice hurdle campaigns.

Stable profile
    Yard Owning Hill
    Where Piltown, County Kilkenny
    Started training 2016
    Horses in yard 60 (National Hunt)
    Members of staff 40
    Head lad Faisal Hayat
    Assistant trainers Mark Power and Brendan Powell
    Secretaries Mark Hackett, Emma Dunning and Tara Armstrong
    Travelling Head Girls/Lads Jim O'Brien, Tina Evans and Paddy Doody
    Jockeys Mark Walsh, JJ Slevin, Ryan Treacy, Jody McGarvey and Eamonn Corbett
    Amateurs Tom Hamilton and Neil Bashford
    Conditionals Oakley Brown and Daire Davis
    Stable sponsor Betfair
    Website/email joseph@carriganogracing.com
    Twitter @JosephOBrien2

Winners in Ireland

2019-20 68
    2018-19 88
    2017-18 67
    2016-17 38

Profit/loss to €1 stake

2019-20 -151.36
    2018-19 -128.5
    2017-18 -48.46
    2016-17 -109.02

Anything Will Do
    Five-year-old gelding
    Westerner (sire) - Aylesbury Park (dam)
    Owner: Annus Mirabilis Syndicate
    Form figures: 330-123
    Racing Post Rating: 142 (chase); Official rating: None
    He's taken to chasing well. He won his beginners' chase very well down in Killarney but maybe we shouldn't have run him when the ground was a bit quick at Listowel. He ran better when third at Fairyhouse but I was actually a bit disappointed with him. A step up in trip could suit him well. We'll look for a handicap and I think there could be a decent pot in him.

Dark horse

Assemble
    6g Getaway - Annaghbrack
    Gigginstown House Stud
    44/1163-
    RPR 144h OR 141h
    He goes novice chasing. He wasn't a bad novice hurdler but I'd be hoping that he'll be better over a fence. Hopefully he can make up into a graded performer.

A Wave Of The Sea
    4g Born To Sea - Je T'Adore
    JP McManus
    17-0413
    RPR 130c OR -
    A good juvenile hurdler for us last year, he won his beginners' chase well at Kilbeggan and has since run well in a novice chase at Punchestown. He jumped a bit to his left at the last that day but galloped home well. I'd say we'll step him up in trip now.

Busselton
    3g Mastercraftsman - Blessed Luck
    Chanelle Pharma Ltd
    1-
    RPR 119h OR -
    He won in France and he looks a nice horse to go three-year-old hurdling with.

Castra Vetera
    5m Jeremy - Mystic Cherry
    Gigginstown House Stud
    181-
    RPR 114b
    We really like her. She showed good form in bumpers last season and we're hoping that she can make a Graded novice hurdler. She should be ready to start soon enough and long-term you'd be hoping that she would develop into a mare who would have a chance in the mares' novice at Cheltenham.

Cerberus
    4g Iffraaj - Miss You Too
    JP McManus
    11236-4
    RPR 140h OR 138h
    He's been a small bit disappointing. He has the option of stepping into handicap hurdles and we might go up in trip with him.

Choungaya
    7g Walk In The Park - Autorite
    Gigginstown House Stud
    7/244U6-
    RPR 140c OR 137c
    He's still a novice over fences but he should be well up to winning his beginners' chase and then hopefully go on to all of those staying handicaps. He ended up being a little bit disappointing last season but hopefully with another year under his belt he'll be okay.

Collins
    4g Martaline - Fantastic Cuix
    Martin O'Sullivan
    He's a nice horse who goes well and will be ready to start soon.

Darasso
    7g Konig Turf - Nassora
    JP McManus
    511/420-
    RPR 161c OR 155c
    He could start off in the Clonmel Oil Chase. He's a very versatile horse who will be campaigned in all of those Graded races and he loves heavy ground. There should be lots of fun to be had with him.

Deilginis
    6m Flemensfirth - Square Sphere
    Martin O'Sullivan
    4/10511-
    RPR 122c OR 122c
    She's a nice staying chaser who won her last two over fences last season. She's not a bad mare at all and I think she's one to follow as there are plenty more races to be won with her.

Dlauro
    7g Lauro - Gergovie De Bussy
    JP McManus
    1/10-
    RPR 126b
    He goes novice chasing and starts off next month. He's been a very difficult horse to train, very frustrating, but he's training well at the moment. He burst blood vessels when last seen at Punchestown but, touch wood, everything seems to be good with him now.

Druid's Altar
    3g Mastercraftsman - Shell Garland
    Annus Mirabilis Syndicate
    35621 (Flat)
    RPR 79 (Flat)
    He won his maiden over a mile and a half at Listowel and looks a nice type to go juvenile hurdling with.

Embittered
    6g Fame And Glory - Kilbarry Classic
    Gigginstown House Stud
    415363-
    RPR 152h OR 148h
    He's an exciting horse to go novice chasing with. He did well as a novice hurdler and had a good end to his campaign. He'll run in a beginners' chase in the next few weeks. His schooling has gone well and we hope he is a Graded horse at least over fences.

Entoucas
    6g Network - Mousse Des Bois
    JP McManus
    32213-2
    RPR 134c OR -
    He ran a lovely race first time up over fences at Tipperary and the plan will be to try to win a beginners' chase and go from there.

Eric Bloodaxe
    5g Saint Des Saints - Diorissima
    Gigginstown House Stud
    117-
    RPR 131b OR -
    A very good bumper horse, he missed a little bit of time last season but he's back looking and working great again. He'll start off in a maiden hurdle next month and we'll take things from there. His bumper form is working out well and he had a genuine excuse for when he was beaten in Leopardstown as he pulled muscles that day. We have high hopes for him this season.

Fakir
    5g Day Flight - Lazary
    Gigginstown House Stud
    5761U1-
    RPR 144h OR 131h
    He'll go novice chasing. He could make up into a decent handicapper and might even be a Graded horse. He'll go down the staying route.

Star quality

Fakir D'Oudairies
    5g Kapgarde - Niagaria Du Bois
    JP McManus
    2/21122-
    RPR 165c OR 159c
    He'll probably go to Naas for the Grade 2 Poplar Square Chase next month and then we'll look at stepping him up in trip as the season progresses. I think he'd have won the Arkle had he not galloped through the second-last and he did well to get back as close as he did to Put The Kettle On at the line. He could be a Ryanair horse but he's still only a five-year-old so he's very young. Hopefully there will be a lot more to come.

Fils D'Oudairies
    5g Saint Des Saint - Pythie D'Oudairies
    C.M Grech
    481-
    RPR 121h
    He's a nice horse who came to us from France after winning over hurdles at Auteuil. He'll go novice chasing.

Flying Scotsman
    3g Galileo - Iveagh Gardens
    JP McManus, Mrs John Magnier & Michael Tabor
    099-011 (Flat)
    RPR 86 OR 87 (Flat)
    He won twice in as many days on the Flat at Galway. We've gelded him and are looking forward to sending him over hurdles, when I hope there will be some fun to be had with him.

Fire Attack
    5g Westerner - Seesea
    Gigginstown House Stud
    12-
    RPR 126b
    A good bumper horse who likes soft ground, he'll go for a maiden hurdle in the coming weeks and we'll go from there. We have Graded aspirations for him.

Forged In Fire
    5g Presenting - Green Star
    Gigginstown House Stud
    1-
    RPR 129b
    He was a nice bumper horse and he's probably going to be more of a staying novice. He's almost ready to start and we think he's very nice, one of our better novice hurdlers.

Front View
    5g Konig Turf - Tumavue
    JP McManus
    B/12120-
    RPR 139h OR 135h
    He was progressing nicely last season until the Martin Pipe at Cheltenham, when he didn't like the very slow pace and didn't jump great. The plan at the moment is to go chasing, although I wouldn't rule out coming back for a handicap hurdle.

Global Equity
    5g Shirocco - Geek Chic
    Annus Mirabilis Syndicate
    3133P-
    RPR 130h
    She has black type over hurdles but is still a novice, which is good. We'll go down the staying route.

High Sparrow
    7g Shantou - Belladventure
    Best Of The Rest Syndicate
    556-120
    RPR 133c OR 130c
    He's done well since switching back to fences this summer and he might sneak a staying handicap chase off a light weight. He's entered in the Cork National this Sunday and the Troytown the following Sunday.

Home By The Lee
    5g Fame And Glory - Going For Home
    Sean O'Driscoll
    1218U-1
    RPR 148c OR -
    He looked beaten first time out at Limerick this season but stayed on well to the line to win. That was his first start over fences so you'd have to be delighted. He'll have a staying novice chase campaign now. He's done very little wrong and is still a very young horse.

Keskonrisk
    5g No Risk At All - La Courtille
    C.M.Grech
    1-
    RPR 119
    He made quite a lot of money after winning a Fairyhouse bumper for Timmy Hyde and the plan is to go novice hurdling. He shows a fair bit of speed.

King's Vow
    4g Frankel - Seven Magicians
    Blackrock Racing Syndicate/Rugby And Racing Syndicate
    070645 (Flat)
    RPR 99 OR 91 (Flat)
    He has a high mark on the Flat and now goes novice hurdling. He jumps well.

Le Richebourg
    7g Network - Fee Magic
    JP McManus
    511211/
    RPR 165c OR 160c
    He missed last season through injury but is in great shape now. It won't be long until he's back out again and the Fortria Chase at Navan is a possible starting point. It's probably not going to be easy for him this season but hopefully we can get a clear run with him.

Midnight Run
    6g Well Chosen - Knockamullen Girl
    Gigginstown House Stud
    121/196-
    RPR 146h OR 142h
    He goes novice chasing and has taken to fences well at home. He could be a decent novice chaser.

Mortal
    8g King's Theatre - Pomme Tiepy
    Gigginstown House Stud
    43-U18F
    RPR 155c OR 153c
    He'll be aimed at all of those good staying handicap chases, but he probably doesn't jump as well out of deep winter ground.

New Ross
    4g Doyen - Hayley Cometh
    P McGee
    4-
    RPR 104h OR -
    He could go for a bumper or a maiden hurdle. There should be plenty of races to be won with him.

San Salvador
    El Salvador - Angel Chorus
    Sarah O'Brien
    6-
    RPR 96b
    He ran well at Naas in a very slowly run race and we gave him a break after that. He's working well and will go for a bumper soon.

Scarlet And Dove
    6m Jeremy - Dark Mimosa
    Gigginstown House Stud
    1/514-
    RPR 124h
    The plan will be to try to get black type over hurdles and she'll probably jump a fence too.

Sempo
    6g Oscar - Miss Cozzene
    Martin O'Sullivan
    16/3216-
    RPR 145h OR 142h
    A nice horse who was a good staying novice hurdler last season, he'll probably go chasing. He's had a little hold-up and won't be back as early as some of the others but he's nice.

Slige Dala
    5g Sholokhov - Lady's Gesture
    Rectory Road Holdings Limited
    23-1114
    RPR 122h
    We probably backed up too soon after Listowel when he got beaten at Limerick. We'll freshen him up and aim him at Leopardstown over Christmas. He doesn't want heavy ground.

Speak Easy
    7g Beneficial - For Bill
    JP McManus
    32/3F3-4
    RPR 148c OR 142c
    He's a second-season novice over fences and should come on from his return at Galway last weekend. Hopefully there will be a nice pot in him somewhere.

The Moyglass Flyer
    6g Galileo - Luas Line
    JP McManus
    1/31-
    RPR 133h OR 129h
    He's done very little wrong and won for the second time in three runs over hurdles at Leopardstown last Christmas. He'll be aimed at all of those good handicap hurdles.

Uhtred
    5g Fame And Glory - Ingred Hans
    Gigginstown House Stud
    1/21-
    RPR 131h
    He was a good bumper horse and has already had a run over hurdles, when he was second to another one of ours [Front View]. The plan is to go novice hurdling and we'll take it step by step.

Two for the tracker

Forged In Fire is a nice horse and looks as though he could be one of the better horses we have in the novice hurdling division. Deilginis is a nice staying mare and I think there will be lots of races won with her this season.

Thanks
    One of racing's biggest success stories of the past decade is the emergence of the Colin Tizzard stable. Since a Cheltenham Festival first with Cue Card in 2010, the Dorset yard has progressed to become a powerhouse in the jumping game – pocketing a Gold Cup, Stayers' Hurdle and two King Georges to name just a few – and the class of 2020 looks full of future stars.

Plenty of the talking horses at the big sales in the last few years are under Tizzard's care and the latest recruits include expensive point-to-point standouts Rose Of Arcadia, Killer Kane and Shirocco's Dream.

In the last ten years, the Tizzard team have notably excelled with staying chasers both at the top level and in big handicaps. Native River and Thistlecrack return once again, while there is plenty of faith in Lostintranslation after his Cheltenham Gold Cup third.

Many eyes this year are on The Big Breakaway, who looks the most likely to be the next three-mile chasing sensation from Venn Farm. He begins his novice chasing campaign next week.

Although the yard has a leading hand in almost every division, Tizzard believes they just lack the numbers to give Nicky Henderson and Paul Nicholls a trainers' title challenge. The ambition is certainly there but Tizzard would be happy finishing third and hitting the million-pound mark in prize-money for a sixth successive season.

The depth of this year's team and the stable's rise to fame is credit to all members of the Tizzard family, and none more so than Colin's daughter Kim Gingell, who sadly died in May. Kim was known for her relentless work ethic, huge passion and unwavering devotion to maintaining exceptional standards in all areas at the stable. She was not just a huge part of the team, but a mum, sister, daughter and much-loved member of the racing community. Kim will always be remembered in all the successes to come.

Behind the scenes, Colin's son Joe is continuing to shine as the pair share the job of training more than 120 high-quality racehorses at Venn Farm. Dual licences were introduced earlier this year and that option is under consideration.

Colin reflects: "Losing my daughter through cancer and in Covid times was tragic. She was diagnosed with cancer and died three weeks later. It prompts you to say life is so precious and I feel as if I need to be letting Joe take on more and more rein. He's a young mind and is confident. I think there's a very good chance Joe's name will be on the licence sooner rather than later. It's a slow transition for him taking over."

Cue Card's Cheltenham win started an incredible ten years of prolonged success at jump racing's top table. But the dedication of Kim – and all of the Tizzard racing – will remain an enduring hallmark of the stable's rise to become one of the biggest and most successful in Britain.

Rival to watch I think the most impressive horse I've seen this year is McFabulous. He was very good in the Persian War.

Race in focus The Ladbrokes Trophy is always a big race for us and we're targeting it with Copperhead. He looks our main one, but Mister Malarky could go well too.

Stable profile
    Yard Venn Farm Stables
    Where Milborne Port, near Sherborne, Dorset
    Trainers Colin Tizzard, Joe Tizzard
    Assistant Chris Wald, Amanda Hibbs
    Travelling head lad Ritchie Young
    Jockeys Robbie Power, Jonjo O'Neill Jr, Harry Cobden, Richard Johnson
    Conditionals Harry Kimber
    Started training 1995
    Horses in yard 125
    Members of staff 40
    Secretaries Pauline Tizzard, Debbie White
    Website colintizzard.co.uk
    Twitter @colintizzard
    Stable sponsor Coral

Winners in Britain

2019-20 61
    2018-19 77
    2017-18 79
    2016-17 57

Profit/loss to £1 stake

2019-20 -£131.00
    2018-19 -£127.89
    2017-18 -£159.35
    2016-17 +£8.75

Total prize-money 2019-20
    £1,216,570

Ainchea
    Seven-year-old gelding
    Flemensfirth (sire) - Lady Petit (dam)
    Owner: Ann & Alan Potts Ltd
    Form figures: 12F/977-
    Racing Post Rating: 136 (hurdles) Official rating: 128 (hurdles)
    He'll go novice chasing. He had a big injury two years ago and we ran him a few times last season. He was making a bit of a noise, so we've done his wind and hopefully that will help. He's got a bit to prove if he's going to be anywhere near as good as he was as a young horse.

Amarillo Sky
    4g Westerner – Bag Of Tricks
    JP Romans & Taylor, O'Dwyer
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 93p
    We've got some nice point-to-pointers in this year and they've all worked well but we know we'll find out a lot more about them when they run. This one was impressive in his maiden with Colin Bowe and we bought him from the Cheltenham Festival sale. He's a nice one to look forward to.

Ambion Hill
    5g Getaway – Vertality
    OCR Wynne & Mrs SJ Wynne
    66374-0
    RPR 106h OR 108h
    He was slightly disappointing last season but hopefully he can take a step forward. I think he's an out-and-out two-miler and we'll drop him back in trip after his run over 2m5½f the other day. He's a big, strong horse and we'll look to go chasing with him soon, when I think we'll see the best of him.

Autonomous Cloud
    4g Flemensfirth - August Hill
    Terry Warner & The McNeill Family
    Unraced
    He's a lovely young horse but is still a baby and probably won't be out before Christmas. He's a gorgeous, big horse and will make a fine chaser in time. He looks great and is well bred too, as his dam was placed in a Grade 3 novice chase. I think we'll stick to bumpers with him this season and look forward to him in the future.

Beaufort West
    6g Getaway – Blessingindisguise
    Taylor & O'Dwyer
    2P/011-8
    RPR 130h OR 128h
    We were happy with his first run this season in the Silver Trophy at Chepstow, which looked a competitive race. He shaped as if he had half a chance two out but then he just stopped a bit. We tried him in that same race last season and it didn't work, but then we did his wind, which helped him as he went on to win two novice hurdles on heavy ground. I imagine we'll go chasing with him now and hopefully he’ll be a bit better over fences.

Dark horse

Bold Conduct
    6g Stowaway – Vics Miller
    JP Romans & Terry Warner
    1/ (point-to-point)
    RPR 94p
    He won his only point-to-point but hasn't raced for us yet as he had a bit of leg trouble when he came here, so we were careful with him. I don't imagine he'll be out until we get proper winter soft ground. He's a gorgeous, big horse and he's exciting – he could be the dark horse of our lot really. He seems to be training right and his homework is exciting, so we'll look for a good novice hurdle and we'll try to get a few runs in. He'll make a nice chaser in the future.

Born In Borris
    6m Arcadio – Honour Own
    RM Harvey-Bailey
    1-3
    RPR 112h OR 128h
    She ran well at Chepstow at the start of the month and we'll try to get her out again before we lose our novice status, even though she'll carry a penalty. I think after one more hurdle run we might go chasing. She jumps ever so well and is a big mare. She's rated 128 but we'd like to think she can improve another 10lb or more when we switch to fences.

Bourbali
    3g Sinndar – Saintheze
    Pope, E Legg, M Green & T Swaffield
    RPR 91h OR 104h
    He's run twice in juvenile hurdles and has got a rating of 104 now so we'll look at exploiting his handicap mark with the three-year-old allowance. Although his runs at Plumpton and Chepstow were on quicker ground, he'll go on softer. We thought he was staying on the last day so we'll probably try him over two and a half miles somewhere. We'll start off in a 0-90 and he's got to win a few races at that sort of level.

Buckhorn George
    5g Geordieland – Waimea Bay
    The Buckhorn Racing Team
    052P1-
    RPR 124h OR 124h
    He's a big horse and a real galloper. He comes from a nice family we've had success with in the past and for the same owners. He had some good runs last season and he won on his last start at Wincanton. He looked set to win convincingly when hitting the front two out that day but had to battle in the end. It won't be too long before he's going over fences as he looks like a chaser for the future, but we may keep him over hurdles to start with.

Carrick Roads
    6g Robin Des Champs – Jay Lo
    Brocade Racing
    421/65-2
    RPR 114c OR 115c
    He's good on his day and has a track record at Bangor on good ground. We've had quite a few little troubles with him but he ran well at Fontwell at the start of the month. I hope we'll have him back out in the next fortnight before the rain comes.

Captured My Heart
    4g Geordieland – Woodland Retreat
    Ian and Claire Gosden
    Unraced
    He's got a lovely pedigree and we like him. He'll be starting out soon but he's still a big baby, one for the future and less of a sharp horse.

Champagne Mesdames
    3g Diamond Boy – Olerone
    The Wychwood Partnership
    Unraced
    A nice three-year-old whose dam is a half-sister to Sizing John. He's only just been broken in and is cantering gently. We may look to run at the end of the season but he's miles off at the moment.

Christmas In April
    8g Crillon – Similaresisoldofa
    Swallowfield Racing
    21131P-
    RPR 143c OR 137c
    He's a lovely prospect for big staying handicaps but he won't be ready for about a month. He looks an ideal Welsh National horse as the trip, track and ground are perfect for him. We think we'll try to start him off in a little race over three miles as a pipe-opener before going to Chepstow. He progressed all through last season and it was a case of the further he went the better he was. You can forgive him his last run in the Midlands National as some of ours weren't right at the time. He's a big, strong horse and he could be a Grand National horse for us later in the season – one more win and he'd get in.

Copperhead
    6g Sulamani – How’s Business
    Mrs GC Pritchard
    1/5111F-
    RPR 158c OR 153c
    His first big target is the Ladbrokes Trophy and he certainly fits the profile for it. We think we'll need a run before that, so we might go to Carlisle for the Colin Parker Memorial, which we won with Lostintranslation last year. That's back at two and a half miles but he's not slow and the four-week gap between Carlisle and Newbury is ideal for him. He's a big, smart horse who improved loads last season, going from moderate form in bumpers and over hurdles to become an impressive Grade 2 novice chase winner, and he seems a bit stronger again. He's 20lb away from becoming a Gold Cup horse – and every horse has their ceiling – but he's still only a six-year-old and he did look very good last season. We'll see how far he can go.

Darlac
    7g Lucarno – Pail Mel
    Mrs GC Pritchard
    34F5-F2
    RPR 135c OR 127c
    He ran well the other day when he was second at Hereford and we'll have some fun with him this season at those small tracks. He's nicely handicapped and I think he's best over three miles to something up to 3m5f. He could stay a bit further and we may have a look at some of those West Country regional nationals.

Earl Of Wisdom
    5g Flemensfirth – Golden Sunbird
    The Wychwood Partnership
    9-
    RPR 78b
    He's had one start for us back in April 2019 at Fontwell and he missed all of last season. He won't run until the ground is soft.

Star quality

Eldorado Allen
    6g Khalkevi – Hesmeralda
    JP Romans & Terry Warner
    1U/230-1
    RPR 147c OR 146c
    He looked really impressive when he won at Newton Abbot this month. He jumped like a stag and was foot-perfect all the way apart from missing the last. He had us very excited two years ago after he bolted up at Sandown but then he got an injury in a freak accident at Aintree. Last season he started off very well again but then didn't quite go on real heavy ground and was behind at Cheltenham. When he came back this year I hardly recognised him as he's developed into a huge, strong horse, and he was working on one of our gallops and beating everything without breaking sweat. He's a class animal and I'm sure he'll be going to the Grade 1 tracks. I think we'll look at the November meeting at Cheltenham, then the Henry VIII going back to Sandown. He's our best two-mile novice chaser by a long streak and you'd like to think he'll end up in the Arkle.

Elegant Escape
    8g Dubai Destination – Graineuaile
    JP Romans
    6-236P0
    RPR 167c OR 160c
    The Grand National is his big target this season. We might look at running him over hurdles first but it's difficult to place him without giving him a hard race. We're looking at getting him ready for the Becher Chase in the first week of December as we want to give him a good spin over the big fences and hopefully then have a real good crack at the Grand National – John Romans is keen too. He'd then have one run before Aintree.

Elixir De Nutz
    6g Al Namix – Nutz
    Terry Warner
    2111/77-
    RPR 148h OR 146h
    He disappointed last year and we're not really sure why. He tanked in his races and the season before he'd won three novice hurdles including the Grade 1 Tolworth. He had an injury and we think he just struggled a bit after that. He's back now and we'll go novice chasing with him. He came back in early to make sure we gave him a proper preparation. He's a strong horse and has clearly got ability, so he could still be anything over fences. He'll likely begin the season at two miles as he seems to be quite a powerful horse.

Faustinovick
    6g Black Sam Bellamy – Cormorant Cove
    Taylor & O'Dwyer
    /2/236-4
    RPR 122h OR 122h
    We've always thought a lot of him and his form is pretty solid. He was second to McFabulous in a good bumper at Newbury. He'd struggled to see out his first two races when he travelled strongly, so we did his wind. On his next start at Ascot he did the same but he came back with a dirty nose so, while he was really disappointing, there was a reason. He's a decent horse and he's at the right end of the handicap. He ran over 2m7½f at Lingfield the other day but I think we'll have to go back in trip next time, he travelled into the race well.

Fiddlerontheroof
    6g Stowaway – Inquisitive Look
    Taylor, Burley & O'Dwyer
    22110-2
    RPR 149c OR 152c
    We were really pleased with his run at Ffos Las behind If The Cap Fits. He jumped beautifully, travelled well and it was a good performance behind a horse who was once rated 166. We're not sure what direction we're going to go with him in terms of trip but we think he's a two-and-a-half-miler. He's strong and is a Tolworth winner on heavy ground, which he seems to handle really well. He could stay three miles in time. I think he'd be out again in a month, which gives us the option of going to Cheltenham for the November meeting or to Newbury a fortnight later for the Berkshire Novices' Chase or the John Francome.

Floy Joy
    4g Arcadio – The Scorpion Queen
    Nigel Hanger & Eric Jones
    RPR 98b
    He's a big, strong horse and ran a lovely race first time out at Ffos Las last week. Robbie Power said he was good enough to win a bumper after that. I’m sure he'll make into a nice horse this year.

Fly To Mars
    6g Schiaparelli – Patsie Magern
    Brocade Racing
    62624F/
    RPR 125h OR 127h
    He missed last season but should be back within a month. The season before that we looked after him thinking he'd be a lovely novice in the future. He probably would have won on his last start at Exeter when he fell. I imagine he'll go chasing but we might give him a hurdles run just to get him race-fit and have him back on the track first. He's shown some decent form and if we keep him in one piece he'll make into a nice chaser.

Fox Norton
    10g Lando – Natt Musik
    Ann & Alan Potts Ltd
    1/12P/23/
    RPR 174c OR 166c
    He's just cantering at the moment but he's about to have his work stepped up a bit this week. He's been in all of the best races and, despite the fact he's not getting any younger, he's had some real decent form. He's been fragile since his brilliant season in 2016-17 when he won at Aintree and Punchestown and was second in the Champion Chase. I'd imagine we'll look to start him off in the Tingle Creek or the Grade 2 Chanelle Pharma Chase at Ascot in November. We haven't got a lot of options, but he's flexible in terms of trip and he hasn't got too many miles under his belt in the last couple of years. We want to get him racing again, although we expect him to improve for his first run. On his day he's a very talented horse.

Fulgurix
    5g Maresca Sorrento – Union De Sevres
    Simon Munir and Isaac Souede
    2-
    RPR - OR -
    He's a big type who joined the yard in February, never with the intention of running that season. He's quite a heavy horse with a high knee action, so he'll definitely want some cut in the ground. He'll be ready to run as soon as the rain comes. His form works out quite well in France and Daryl Jacob has been in to school him a couple of times and is happy with him. He looks every bit a chaser in the making but he's an exciting prospect over hurdles in his first campaign.

Furkash
    5g Al Namix – Meralda
    Swallowfield Racing
    RPR 101h OR -
    It was a nice first run for us the other day in a maiden hurdle at Fontwell. He looked to be staying on well and we were quite pleased with him. We'd like to think he can win next time off the back of that promising effort. A lot of ours are needing their first run, which is no bad thing as there's a long season ahead of us.

Getaway Fred
    6g Getaway – Cloch Anna
    Victor and Celia Goaman
    2132P-
    RPR 130h OR 133h
    He's quite a nice horse and he's schooled well over fences, so I'd imagine he'll go novice chasing. He's a bit of a difficult horse to place at the moment because the 0-135 novice handicap chases are so competitive, while if you go for a straight novice you'd probably have to take on a horse rated 150. Hopefully we can find a race for him as it will get easier and he should progress with another summer on his back. He's a decent novice prospect this season and you'd like to think he'll take a step forward from his rating.

Harry Senior
    6g Oscar – Surf Like A Lady
    Brocade Racing
    42211P-
    RPR 144h OR 143h
    We’ve been really happy with his jumping at home, so he’ll be going novice chasing. His jumping has got better the more work he’s done, which is the good thing about schooling as he’s had a few sessions to really get his eye in. Looking back, we were quite impressed by his win in the Grade 2 on Trials day at Cheltenham. We’ll go at trips over two and a half miles and we may run him in a beginners’ chase at Stratford this week if the ground is right. He’ll be out as soon as he gets his ground.

Highest Sun
    6g Sunday Break – Highest Price
    Ashley Head
    321457-
    RPR 144c OR 138c
    He was seventh in the novice handicap chase at the Cheltenham Festival on his last start. He's got plenty of ability when it all clicks and he's a much bigger and stronger horse this season. He won only once last season, so graduation chases are pretty much designed for him. We'll go back to handicapping after that, but we're not sure if his optimum trip is two and a half or three miles.

Honest Exchange
    6g Gold Well – Final Instalment
    Victor and Celia Goaman and Jenny Perry
    3-93
    RPR 109h
    He didn’t run too well at Newton Abbot and was much the same at Wincanton on Sunday. He’s much better than those runs and you know that by his third at Exeter in a novice hurdle in February. You’ll see a different horse later in the season. He’s a nice prospect and a half-brother to Last Instalment.

Investment Manager
    4g Nathaniel – Two Days In Paris
    Brocade Racing
    RPR 96b
    He was very green on his first run for us in a bumper at Ffos Las the other day. We use bumpers to help teach our horses and he's a typical one of ours who can improve a lot. He was showing us a fair bit on the gallops last season but he then threw a splint and we never got to run him. When he ran the other day it was the first time he'd been away from here for a while, so I'd expect the run will bring him on massively. He's a smart horse and Robbie Power said after his run that he's good enough to win a bumper. We'll run him in another bumper next but we could go novice hurdling later this season if he goes well. He's a gorgeous horse and we haven't lost any faith in him.

Kilbricken Storm
    9g Oscar – Kilbricken Leader
    A Selway & P Wavish
    0/83630-
    RPR 154h 140c OR 137h 150c
    He'll go chasing again this season and he's looking particularly well. We're still to make a plan with him but everyone has been impressed by how he looks going into the season. Last season he ran in some nice races and he could do well over fences – they go half a gear slower, which is exactly what will help him. He's not a Cheltenham Festival winner for nothing, he's got a big engine, and he looks big and strong. As soon as we enter him he'll be running off his hurdles mark, so hopefully we can get him back to his best.

Killer Kane
    5g Oscar – Native Idea
    JP Romans & Taylor, O'Dwyer
    He’s a nice horse and one we’re excited about. He’s a bit of a standout horse with a nice pedigree – he went for £300,000 at the Cheltenham Festival sale earlier this year. He made a positive start when second in a maiden hurdle at Aintree yesterday. He wants two and a half miles at this point.

Lanspark
    5g Milan – Sparky May
    Ruxley Holdings
    Unraced
    His dam was a very good horse down in the West Country and she won a Grade 2 and finished second to Quevega in the Mares' Hurdle. He looks a nice type.

L'Air Du Vent
    6g Coastal Path - Bleu Perle
    Brocade Racing
    1/375-
    RPR 131h OR 130h
    We like him and hope he can develop into a good novice chaser this season. He's rated 133, so we have the options of novice handicaps, but he's declared to run at Chepstow on Tuesday. He jumps very well and as soon as the ground is right he’ll be ready to go. He was a bit weak last season but he's filled out now, is a strong horse and has really grown into his frame. We hold him in high regard and he's got a good rating despite not really showing his full potential. He's able to climb the ranks and should stay three miles.

Lamanver Pippin
    7g Apple Tree – Lamanver Homerun
    Dr Donna Christensen
    840-413
    RPR 143c OR 132c
    He won only once over fences in his novice season, so he qualifies for the Future Stars at Sandown a week on Sunday, which will give us three weeks until the Ladbrokes Trophy. That said, we think he could be more of a Welsh National horse as he's a real stayer and ran very well when third in the National Hunt Chase. He looked quite impressive the time before at Chepstow and when he's right and gets his ground he'll be a good staying handicapper. He's best on soft and heavy ground, so there's loads of nice options for him throughout the season.

Lillington
    8g Westerner – Kind Word
    The Colin Tizzard Racing Club
    -56132P
    RPR 135c 117h OR 123c 112h
    He's fine after his race at Cheltenham but it was a very moderate effort. He's been a perfect horse for the racing club. He's won six times for them and has been placed on his last two starts. He handles really quick ground and we'll try to make the most of that when we can. He's a solid handicapper who has given a lot of people a lot of pleasure.

Star quality

Lostintranslation
    8g Flemensfirth – Falika
    Taylor & O'Dwyer
    21/11P3-
    RPR 175c OR 171c
    He had a huge chance jumping the last in the Gold Cup and travelled as well as anything coming down the hill. Our horses were a bit quiet at the festival but the way he ran compared to everything else was massive. We're aiming him at the Betfair Chase – which he won last season – for his first run but we'll try to have a gallop somewhere to get him ready. After Haydock we'll give him another crack at the King George and then his third run will be the Gold Cup, all being well. We're beginning to ramp up his work with Haydock in our minds. With any sort of natural progression, a bit of luck and having him in peak form, there's no reason why he won't be jumping the last in the Gold Cup upsides again. Further ahead, he's a Grade 1 winner at Aintree, so we'll look to save a bit of petrol for the Bowl and hopefully Punchestown after that. His owners are keen to go for all of those big-race targets and it's no surprise that they're loving life with him.

Dark horse

Master Debonair
    6g Yeats – Swincombe Flame
    The Gosden Mob & SprayClad UK
    05/2113-
    RPR 145h OR 149h
    We're going to have a crack at the Champion Hurdle with him. He was a Grade 2 winner at Ascot last season and he'll probably start in the Elite Hurdle a week on Saturday. We toyed with the idea of a prep race on the Flat at Ascot but the meeting got called off and I'd imagine he'll go straight to Wincanton. His bumper form was decent and he's had four good runs over hurdles but we still think he's totally unexposed. He's a fast, slick hurdler and we're looking forward to seeing if he can take that next step now. He'll need to find a bit on ratings but he's just coming out of his novice hurdling season, he's in good nick at home and there's no reason why he can't improve again.

Mister Malarky
    7g Malinas – Priscilla
    Wendy & Malcolm Hezel
    2/06P1P-
    RPR 156c OR 151c
    We'll aim for the Ladbrokes Trophy again as he didn't run too badly in it last year. There's also the Sodexo Gold Cup which we could look at first. He deserves to be in all those good staying handicap chases. He was a better horse after Christmas and looked really impressive when he won a big race at Kempton. There's no doubt he'll have his day again and he could turn into a Grand National type.

Mocacreme Has
    5g Saint Des Saints – Monika
    JP McManus
    36-
    RPR 103b
    He's a nicely bred type who ran in two bumpers at Exeter last season. He's a big, scopey horse who is still learning the trade. We haven't made a plan for him yet but he'll be a nice one to go novice hurdling with. He should show plenty of improvement when he goes over hurdles.

Molineaux
    9g King's Theatre – Steel Grey Lady
    John and Heather Snook
    9/70142-
    RPR 137c OR 129c
    He loves it around Wincanton, with three wins and two seconds, so I'm sure we'll have to find something back there for him. He's a solid handicapper and he'll win a race or two this season.

My Lady Grey
    6m Presenting – Wassailing Queen
    John Reed
    82-1142
    RPR 106h OR 106h
    Her owner, John Reed, was up here wanting a share in a horse and we offered her to him before the summer to be the first horse he owned outright. She's since won her first two races for him at Newton Abbot. I think she'll handle softer ground, so I'm hopeful she can continue the great story.

Native River
    10g Indian River – Native Mo
    Brocade Racing
    1/234/11-
    RPR 177c OR 168c
    We had one of the wettest winters and the wettest February on record but when Native River ran at Newbury in the Denman Chase the ground was quick. We thought about pulling him out of the race but felt we had to run – and he won – but he picked up a small injury that eventually forced him out of the Gold Cup. It was a big shame because he was in brilliant form. He's not finished at all and he's in great form again at the moment. We want to give him two runs before the Gold Cup, and if it's soft ground there it will help him. There aren't too many races before then for him anyway as he'd be carrying a stone more if we went back to something like the Welsh National, so we'll look to go back to the Many Clouds at Aintree, which he won last year. The Grand National isn't on the owners' agenda, everything is geared up to getting him to the Gold Cup. He's forgotten about a bit but he's a brilliant stayer – not many horses have finished first, third and fourth in a Gold Cup.

Nelsons Rock
    5g Mount Nelson – Neardown Beauty
    Middleham Park Racing
    P311- (point-to-point)
    RPR 92p
    He's the first horse we've trained for Middleham Park and it was nice to have a few of the syndicate members down at the yard last week. He's got some decent point-to-point form – although it's not the very best – but he could be anything. He's a good-looking horse and we're looking forward to running him. He'll begin the season in a bumper soon.

No Hubs No Hoobs
    4g Flemensfirth – Miss Brandywell
    Taylor and O'Dwyer
    Unraced
    He's a really nice-looking horse. We didn't run him last season, with this season in mind. He's a big type who will develop into a three-mile chaser in time and is a brother to a 137-rated chaser called Killer Miller. We're excited about running him and he'll probably start off in a bumper.

Numbers Man
    4g Arctic Cosmos – Duchessofthehall
    The Reserve Tankers
    RPR 101h
    We thought he ran all right in a decent two-mile novice hurdle at Chepstow last time. He came there with a bit of a chance, which was promising on the first run of his career. He came highly recommended by Ross Doyle, so we'll see how he progresses. He's made a lovely start and looks like he could develop into a nice handicapper.

Ofalltheginjoints
    6g Stowaway – Dinos Luso
    The Reserve Tankers
    12444-3
    RPR 133h OR 132h
    He was one of a few we took out at Chepstow as he’s a big, heavy horse who doesn’t want quick ground. We rate him as quite a nice novice chaser for the season and he ran a cracker at Aintree on Sunday when travelling well until the lack of a recent run took its toll going to the last. He was still a bit of a big baby last year but he won at Chepstow and went on to run at Graded level, although his last run at Kempton in February was a bit disappointing. He did have a penalty to carry that day and we thought he was slightly out of form.

Oscar Elite
    5g Oscar – Lady Elite
    Mrs Mary-Ann Middleton
    581- (point-to-point)
    RPR 90p
    He was a point-to-point winner on his last start and he looks fine. We're not quite sure how good he'll be, so we'll learn a bit more about him when he runs in a couple of weeks.

Padleyourowncanoe
    6g Nayef – Pooka's Daughter
    Kevin Corcoran, Aaron Pierce, Chris Weare
    8/14-443
    RPR 144c OR 137c
    He's been a good boy to have as he can do a bit of everything – he's won over hurdles, a chase and three times on the all-weather. He ran a nice race at Warwick last time but just jarred himself a bit, so we're going to give him a big break. He won't be out this winter.

Pingshou
    10g Definite Article – Quest Of Passion
    Ann & Alan Potts Ltd
    22FF-55
    RPR 144c OR 137c
    He was a Grade 1 winner as a novice hurdler and we're considering looking at the hunter chase programme with him, although he ran really well in a veterans' race at Chepstow a few weeks ago. For now we'll continue in the veterans' races and take a view about where to go next at Christmas. He had wind surgery in the summer and we'll see if he benefits from that. He's approaching the end of his career, so we may look at finding a nice home for him, but if he can find some of his old form then maybe he could win a race somewhere.

Premiumaccess
    5g Milan – De Loose Mongoose
    Taylor & O'Dwyer
    85-0
    RPR 110h
    He won a point-to-point in Ireland before we bought him in the Cheltenham November sale. He's run well on three starts for us and he'll get a handicap mark after his run at Lingfield on Thursday. He's probably a decent handicapper. He's strengthened up a bit this season and hopefully he can progress from his opening mark.

Rectory Oak
    5g Oscar – Betty Roe
    Mrs GC Pritchard
    2-4
    RPR 104b
    He missed most of last season through injury but we thought he finished a good fourth in a bumper at Newton Abbot last month. He'll improve from that and we think he can develop into quite a nice prospect. He'll be ready to run again soon. He seems pretty sharp at home, so he'll probably be a two-miler for now and we'll start him over that trip in a novice. We'll learn as we go along and get some feedback from the jockeys but he seems a nice one.

Reserve Tank
    6g Jeremy – Lady Bellamy
    The Reserve Tankers
    1/1212P-
    RPR 152c OR 146c
    He picked up an injury when he ran in the Marsh at Cheltenham and he'll probably be out until the spring – we thought he was running quite well before he just tweaked himself. He's just back cantering now. He's potentially quite well handicapped off 146 – he's a classy horse who won two Grade 1s over hurdles and a Grade 2 over fences. We'll try to find something for him at the Cheltenham Festival – probably the Plate or maybe the Ultima – and hopefully we can get a prep run into him before then. He'll be fine over two and a half miles to three miles and he seems to be at his best later in the season.

Road Senam
    4g Saint Des Saints – Madison Road
    Simon Munir and Isaac Souede
    422342-
    RPR 134c 109h
    He's got some cracking form in France, including a second in a Grade 2 chase behind a horse who then won at the top level. He's only just come over to us and we've taken our time with him, but we're really looking forward to seeing what he can do. We schooled him for the first time last week with Daryl Jacob on and he went well. He's a nice, athletic horse and he'll be ready in about a month. I'm not quite sure where we'll start him off but it will be over hurdles.

Rockpoint
    7g Shirocco – Tinagoodnight
    John and Heather Snook
    607/42R-
    RPR 136c OR 132c
    He hurt his hock when he refused at Cheltenham, so he'll probably be out until Christmas. He's only just come back and started doing a little bit of work. We thought he ran well in two novice chases before that. He's a good horse on his day – he won a Grade 2 round Cheltenham over hurdles – and we'll look forward to him coming back.

Rose Of Arcadia
    5m Arcadio – Rosie Lea
    Cheveley Park Stud
    1-4
    RPR 106h
    She ran with her choke out for the first mile at Ffos Las last time and was a bit guessy with her hurdling – eventually she paid the price for it. She'll improve no end for that run but she needs to settle a bit better. We may try to drop her in next time and teach her a bit more but we'll give her a little bit of time off before we look for another mares' novice hurdle. I'm sure she'll take a lot of beating wherever that is. We definitely think she's better than that Ffos Las run as she works very well at home and looked pretty good in her point-to-point and bumper, so hopefully she can translate that to novice hurdles. The mares' novice hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival is her big target but we've got to get her there first – she needs to learn to race and step up on that first run.

Dark horse

Royal Crown
    5g Creachadoir – Royal Army
    The Wychwood Partnership
    424-
    RPR 104h OR 108h
    He cost £110,000 when he was bought at the Aintree sales and we like him. We thought he was promising in three runs over hurdles last season and we think he's got a real nice mark. He'll go novice handicap chasing this season as he jumps a fence really well at home. He should be ideal for those handicaps and two and a half miles will be fine for him. We hope he can climb the ladder.

Royal Vacation
    10g King's Theatre – Summer Break
    Jean R Bishop
    P/53V4P-
    RPR 156c OR 142c
    He's still going for us and has been a good horse for us throughout the years. He's a ten-year-old now and we'll be targeting all those veterans' races for him, but they're very competitive. He's a good chap but he's a little bit hard to place. Hopefully we can find him a winnable opportunity at some point this season.

Seymour Promise
    4g Flemensfirth – Loadsapromise
    Mrs Mary-Ann Middleton
    4-0
    RPR 93b
    He's worked quite well in the last week and we ran him at Cheltenham at the weekend. We were disappointed with the run and he'll go over hurdles now. He's fine after the race but he was a 33-1 shot, the bookies work out the form much better than us. He's surprised us a bit as he nearly won first time out at Kempton in February. He led a furlong out but just couldn't quite hold on.

Sherborne
    4g Getaway – Luck Of The Deise
    Sharp, Nicholas & Kennington
    Unraced
    He's a beautiful horse and was a standout from last season's store sales. He's nicely bred too, being a half-brother to Joe Farrell, who won the Scottish National. He's only four, so I think we'll start him off in a bumper and go from there. He's shown lots of potential in his work including in a racecourse gallop.

Shirocco's Dream
    5m Shirocco – Dream Function
    JP Romans, Taylor, O'Dwyer
    21- (point-to-point)
    RPR 81p
    She was second in a point-to-point and then she went one better at that level next time. She cost £260,000 when she was bought from the Cheltenham Festival sales earlier this year. We weren't the only ones at the sale who thought she was potentially quite good – that's always a positive. She's a nice horse and we're looking at starting her off in a mares' novice hurdle at Newbury on November 5. She was a bit big when she came in but has really tightened up now and looks the part.

Shoal Bay
    7g Gold Well – Ring Hill
    Mrs RJ Skan
    27-1351
    RPR 141c OR 137c
    He won quite well first time out at Southwell to give us a first winner of the season but struggled a bit on his next two starts, so we treated him for ulcers. That seemed to help as he bounced back to win pretty easily at Ludlow at the start of October. It was good to see him back to winning ways and he handles the quicker ground very well.

Sizing At Midnight
    8g Midnight Legend – Issaquah
    Ann & Alan Potts Ltd
    945-112
    RPR 134c OR 130c
    He seems to have turned a bit of a corner this season. I'm not sure how good the race was that he won at Ffos Las at the start of October but he did it well. He ran well again at Exeter on Tuesday, when he was second. Hopefully he'll continue improving as he's got a fair bit of experience now.

Sizing Cusimano
    7g Midnight Legend – Combe Florey
    Ann & Alan Potts Ltd
    PP/3632-
    RPR 124c OR 118c
    He's a big boy who we'll probably go hunter chasing with. That would suit him, especially if we can get him going in that grade early next year. Hopefully we can end up at Cheltenham with him in the Foxhunter. He's not won over fences yet but he's got some decent form over hurdles. Hunter chasing could be just right for him.

Sizing Platinum
    12g Definite Article – Quest Of Passion
    Ann & Alan Potts Ltd
    01/F31-4
    RPR 156c OR 147c
    He ran well on his first start back from a break at Fontwell, where we thought he may want a step up in trip next. He travelled well and looked as if he'd stay a bit further. He's won a race every season he's been with us – apart from his first – and we think he can do so again. He's a bit older now and he might need to drop in the handicap first but we'll see. He's got the option of running against the veterans too.

Slate House
    8g Presenting – Bay Pearl
    Eric Jones, Geoff Nicholas, John Romans
    1F11P6
    RPR 159c OR 152c
    He had a good campaign last season and won the Grade 1 Kauto Star at Kempton. We're not totally sure which way we'll go this season – we could go to the Paddy Power Gold Cup, which he fell in last year, but we're also considering the Ladbrokes Trophy, although he's not guaranteed to get three and a quarter miles. I think he'll start at Wetherby on Saturday for the Grade 2 bet365 hurdle, which Native River was second in before he won at Newbury.

Striking A Pose
    4g Getaway – Clonsingle Native
    I & C Gosden, M Sharp & G Kennington
    RPR 102h
    He was third at Newton Abbot, where I thought he ran a bit green, but he's a lovely horse. He'll win a race like that for sure and we can hopefully run him again soon.

Theatre Guide
    13g King’s Theatre – Erintante
    Jean R Bishop
    2/6353-76
    RPR 160c OR 137c
    He’s been a lovely boy for us for quite a few years – he’s finished placed in the Ladbrokes Trophy twice and won some nice handicaps. This is his swansong season as I don’t think we’ll run him when he turns 14. He ran okay in the veterans’ chase at Aintree on Sunday, so he’ll have one or two more races until we find a new home for him. It’d be nice if we could win with him. It’s difficult to find horses like him at the sales now.

Star quality

The Big Breakaway
    5g Getaway – Princess Mairead
    Eric Jones, Geoff Nicholas, John Romans
    114-
    RPR 145h OR 144h
    He's class. He was the best English-trained runner in the Ballymore and the three horses who finished ahead of him were a year older. We consider him a very nice prospect over fences and we'll start off at Newbury on November 5 in a 2m6½f novice chase, which Lostintranslation started in two years ago. The track and trip look as if they would be perfect for him. After that I'd hope we'd go back to Newbury for the Grade 2 John Francome [November 28] and target the Grade 1 Kauto Star Novices' Chase a month later on Boxing Day. He's been taught how to jump before, as he won a point-to-point, so schooling him was basically just a reminder and he does everything lovely. We hope he'll be a Gold Cup horse one day, which is why we're going chasing now. His novice form is rock-solid and, while he's got to go and improve, potentially he's as good as any chaser we've had.

The Changing Man
    3g Walk In The Park – Bitofapuzzle
    Susan and John Waterworth
    Unraced
    A lovely, big horse who traded for £135,000 at Doncaster in July. We thought he was the standout of the sale and he's bred very well, being by Walk In The Park out of a mare who won a Grade 1. He's only cantering at the minute and he's a horse for next year, although we might try him in a bumper at some point later in the season. He's a beautiful looker and an exciting future prospect. It's nice to have horses like him in the yard.

The Russian Doyen
    7g Doyen – Namloc
    The Gosden Mob
    1514/P-3
    RPR 139c OR 138c
    He's a decent horse who finished third over hurdles at Fontwell the other day. That was a nice prep race and he'll go to the Paddy Power at Cheltenham next. He's got form round there as he was fourth in the novice handicap chase at the festival in 2019. We think he's nicely handicapped.

Thistlecrack
    12g Kayf Tara – Ardstown
    John and Heather Snook
    54/32P/2-
    RPR 178h OR 160h
    We don't think he's ready to retire yet – remember he'd only run three times before he was seven – so we'll have one more season with him. He looked so well in the field and we've tweaked the back of his knee, which we've done with a few horses in the past, including Native River. If we could get a clear run with him – have about three or four starts – he could still be as good as anything. If it turns out that he isn't then we'll stop as he doesn't owe us anything. It's not impossible for him to win and we still think he's a Grade 1 horse. The Long Distance Hurdle at Newbury – which he was second in to Paisley Park last year – would be on his radar.

Vision Des Flos
    7g Balko – Marie Royale
    Ann & Alan Potts Ltd
    35160-U
    RPR 154h 146c OR 155h 145c
    He’s been a bit disappointing and we didn’t find out anything at Aintree yesterday as he unseated at just the second fence. We’ve done his wind a couple of times as it messes him about a bit. On his day he can be quite good and if we get a nice run with him he could be all right over fences, but he’s not easy to win with. We might look at a graduation chase as he’s won only once over fences – in a two-runner race at Chepstow. There’s also the option of going back over hurdles with him – he looked very good when he won the National Spirit in February 2019 and ran a hell of a race at Punchestown.

War Lord
    5g Jukebox Jury – Westalin
    The Wychwood Partnership
    5/13418-
    RPR 126h OR 126h
    He won twice over hurdles for us last season at Plumpton and then in a handicap at Taunton. His first run this season could come over hurdles but he'll soon be chasing as he jumps well at home. We'll make a decision as to whether we go for novice handicap chases or just novice chases but I'd say he's more likely to do the latter against a smaller field.

West Approach
    10g Westerner – Ardstown
    John and Heather Snook
    U3P4P-2
    RPR 156c OR 147c
    He's getting older but he's a good handicapper to have. We were delighted with his run at Cheltenham on Saturday, he was second in the same handicap last season. He ran well and if it wasn't for Frodon he would've won. It should bring him on and we'll go to the November meeting next with him and have another go.

White Moon
    8g Sholokhov – Westalin
    Brocade Racing
    44/FP07-
    RPR 145c OR 133c
    He's won only once over fences for us but he was unlucky not to win first time last season as he fell at Wincanton when looking like the winner. He was keeping his back straight when he jumped after that, both over fences and over hurdles, so we had him x-rayed and we've spent a bit of money treating his kissing spine. He's back cantering now and looks magnificent. If he can jump better and bend his back properly he could be a smart chaser. He'll be ready in early December and we'll go from there.

Whydah Gally
    4g Black Sam Bellamy – Reserve Swing
    Sam's Crew
    Unraced
    A nice bumper horse for the season who seems to be going well at home. We took him to Larkhill for a gallop last year and were ready to go with him but then everything stopped. His dam won four races and has produced some decent types. He's as good as any on our gallops, so we're hoping he'll win a few races. He's only four and we'll start him in a bumper, hopefully before Christmas.

Two for the tracker

Killer Kane has been very good on our gallops and made a decent debut at Aintree yesterday, and *Copperhead, who is more *established, but one we haven’t seen the best of yet..

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wilsonl For This Useful Post:

barjon (29th October 2020), G-G (29th October 2020), Tout Seul (29th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanks Wilson
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Jumps trainers might not want to read on.

That is due to the awesome depth of talent Nicky Henderson – crowned champion trainer for the sixth time last term – has at his disposal.

What Henderson, who recently celebrated the 42nd anniversary of his first winner yet remains as driven as ever, details could frighten the hell out of his rivals, especially if Altior and Buveur D'Air can bounce back – and there is confidence they can – Champion Hurdle heroine Epatante continues to shine, Santini and Champ remain authentic Cheltenham Gold Cup contenders and Shishkin lives up to his billing as Seven Barrows' latest superstar.

There is strength in most areas, so optimism is high the yard can enjoy another productive campaign.

Don't say you weren't told.

Race in focus

We want to win the Grand National because we've never won it, we've won eight Champion Hurdles, so want nine, but you're never not going to want the Gold Cup – that's not too greedy is it?

Rival to watch

If Shishkin goes two miles, I'd expect Chantry House to go two and a half and I'm then hoping Envoi Allen goes three miles, in which case that's the three novice chases at the festival sorted out.

Stable profile
    Yard Seven Barrows
    Where Lambourn, Berkshire
    Started training 1978
    Horses in yard 148
    Members of staff 56
    Second in command Charlie Morlock
    Head lad David Fehily
    Assistant trainers Katie Croft, Billy Aprahamian, George Daly, Hannah Ryan
    Travelling head lads/lasses Richard Nicholas, Sarah Shreeve, Jack Findlater
    Jockeys Nico de Boinville, Jerry McGrath, James Bowen, Daryl Jacob, Aidan Coleman
    Conditionals Joe Anderson, Alfie Jordan
    PA Carolyn Harty
    Accounts Marie McClure
    Stable sponsor Unibet
    Twitter @sevenbarrows

Winners in Britain

2019-20 118
    2018-19 141
    2017-18 141
    2016-17 154
    2015-16 81

Profit/loss to £1 stake

2019-20 -£45.87
    2018-19 -£14.75
    2017-18 -£76.49
    2016-17 -£113.50
    2015-16 -£101.03

Prize-money 2019-20

£2,539,198

Adjali
    Five-year-old gelding
    Kamsin (sire) - Anabasis (dam)
    Owner: Simon Munir & Isaac Souede
    Form figures: 374/60-P
    Racing Post Rating - Official rating 137c
    A decent juvenile hurdler two seasons ago, he'd had a wind operation, but a problem with his breathing reared its ugly head on soft ground on his debut over fences at Hexham last month, so we've got to get that corrected.

Ahorsewithnoname
    5m Cacique - Sea Of Galilee
    D J Burke & P Alderson
    431/
    RPR 103b
    She's a sweet mare who recently joined us for hurdling having won a bumper and two Flat races. She's schooled beautifully after a fortnight with Henrietta Knight, is working nicely and is all but ready.

Allart
    6g Shantou - The Adare Woman
    R A Bartlett
    3/F115-
    RPR 143h OR 145h
    He was an honourable fifth to Shishkin in the Supreme and it was a shame he couldn't run again because of lockdown, although he'd excelled to earn his Cheltenham ticket beforehand. He goes chasing and jumps brilliantly. He has plenty of speed so two miles appears ne, although he'd get further.

Star quality

Altior
    10g High Chaparral - Monte Solaro
    Mrs Patricia Pugh
    1111/21-
    RPR 183c OR 172c
    The ground at Ascot was desperate for his head-to-head with Cyrname, but it was an unavoidable clash. It wasn't being beaten that hurt, just that Altior was exhausted and took time to get over it, but I'm glad he bounced back for Newbury's Game Spirit, which he won in style. It put him spot on for the Champion Chase. His work had been brilliant, his schooling frightening, but he developed a splint on his near-fore. There was nothing we could do except watch as Politologue, whom Altior had beaten three times out of three, won. Anyway, everything is fine and he's looking tremendous, so hopefully can pick up where he left off back down the normal two-mile route, starting in the Tingle Creek.

Apple's Shakira
    6m Saddler Maker - Apple's For Ever
    John P McManus
    1143/P6/
    RPR 142h OR 141h
    It's lovely to have her back as she missed last term but had been productive when she first arrived. She then disappointed, but she's grown and strengthened and she's a sister to Apple's Jade, so I'm hopeful she can follow her act.

Arcadian Pearl
    5g Arcadio - Grangeclare Pearl
    Biddestone Racing XVII
    7-
    RPR 88b
    He's taken time but is all quality and we're getting there. He ran respectably in his bumper and will go hurdling. He's a slick jumper.

Arturus
    5g Camelot - Scandisk
    J Turner
    He's a beautiful horse and he's beautifully bred, being a half-brother to Hurricane Fly, but he found that testing ground at Ascot on Saturday hard work. He's lovely and will find his feet. I don't know if we'll go hurdling yet, but he jumps very well.

Ballingers Corner
    5m Jeremy - Dances With Wolves
    M Roberts
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 76p
    A pretty point winner, she was with us in the spring and we liked her, but she's done well for a summer at Henrietta Knight's and is one to look forward to when she goes hurdling.

Ballycross
    9g King's Theatre - Ninna Nanna
    Oscar Singh & Miss Priya Purewal
    PPP/272-
    RPR 140c OR 126c
    He was bought for the Grand Military Gold Cup, which was abandoned at Sandown and moved to Wincanton only for racing to shut down. We thought he had a cracking chance and that race will again be the objective, although he'll pay his way through the season with cut in the ground.

Balmuick
    4g So You Think - Full Of Love
    Thomas Barr
    RPR 89h
    He won in style on very good ground at Hexham in September and softer conditions at Chepstow last week just found him out.

Barbados Blue
    6m Getaway - Buck's Blue
    Crimbourne Bloodstock
    122/1-
    RPR 125h OR 119h
    A first-time-out bumper winner, she scored comfortably at Kempton in May last year but came back with a leg problem. She was going nicely in the spring, has size and scope and jumps pleasingly. With no miles on the clock, she's exciting.

Baron Nelson
    4g Mount Nelson - Toolentidhaar
    M A R Blencowe
    RPR 79b
    I was a bit disappointed with him at Market Rasen, but mine maybe weren't quite on fire then and it would be hard to judge him on that. He jumps well, goes hurdling and I like him a lot.

Beware The Bear
    10g Shantou - Native Bid
    G B Barlow
    411P/48-
    RPR 165c OR 158c
    We campaigned him last season for the Grand National, which obviously never took place, but he'd shown what a grand Aintree prospect he was when winning the Ultima at Cheltenham last year. We'll again aim for Aintree, which we always felt would suit and it was desperately disappointing we couldn't go there in April.

Birchdale
    6g Jeremy - Onewayortheother
    John P McManus
    11P/38-
    RPR 128c OR 145c
    He didn't enjoy his debut over fences behind Angels Breath, who is sadly out for the season, but ran creditably behind Dame De Compagnie in the Coral Cup. We'll go chasing again – he needs confidence but is schooling beautifully.

Bond's Lover
    6m Flemensfirth - Courageuse
    Mrs Christopher Hanbury
    1-
    RPR 121h
    She took time last year but won pleasingly on her hurdling debut at Newbury on heavy ground, which she loved. A nice chaser in the making, she should benefit from experience and is more the nished article, so she should have a fruitful season.

Bothwell Bridge
    5g Stowaway - Raise The Issue
    Thomas Barr
    22-
    RPR 121b
    He has all the credentials and ran admirably in two up-to-scratch bumpers. He's schooled splendidly and goes hurdling. I hope he'll take high rank at that and make a smashing chaser in time.

Brain Power
    9g Kalanisi - Blonde Ambition
    Michael Buckley
    41PP/1-6
    RPR 162h OR 147h
    He got a nasty overreach at Kempton the other day, which needed two general anaesthetics. That run was a prep for the International Hurdle at Cheltenham, but we might struggle to get there now.

Brave Eagle
    8g Yeats - Sinful Pleasure
    Robert Kirkland
    3/1180-5
    RPR 162c OR 153c
    He's not the biggest but he's talented and has given us and Robert enormous fun. He doesn't really handle soft ground, especially in the top staying handicap chases, and is too consistent for his own good, so the handicapper has him absolutely hammered.

Brilliant Present
    4f Presenting - Ouro Preto
    Mr And Mrs J D Cotton
    RPR 86b
    Gold Present's little sister, she nearly unseated Jerry [McGrath] at Lingfield in an all-weather bumper recently but ran on encouragingly. I'm sweet on her.

Burrows Edge
    7g Martaline - La Vie De Boitron
    Michael Buckley
    6/23/F10-
    RPR 139h OR 137h
    He's a smart hurdler who won the notoriously competitive Lanzarote last term, although he faded a bit in the Coral Cup. He wants good ground and is a prime contender for chasing.

Buttsbury Lady
    5m Great Pretender - Ceilidh Royal
    Mrs Rita Brown
    RPR 104b
    We know this family inside out and she caught the eye on her debut in July. She's schooled well and goes hurdling. She has a bright future.

Star quality

Buveur D'Air
    9g Crillon - History
    John P McManus
    21F2/12-
    RPR 171h; OR 167h
    Sadly he was beaten a short head in a muddling Fighting Fifth and came back with a wedge of hurdle stuck in his hoof, which resulted in a complicated procedure to remove it, and a large part of his hoof. He went back to JP's Martinstown Stud, where his rehab continued. All is going well and we're thrilled. He's cantering on the grass – a strip of watered ground that he hacks and trots on three times a day – slowly and it's a long road back. I'm not going to guess when he'll be ready, but the only objective is the Champion Hurdle, which he's won twice already. Even if we do have Epatante, you might as well have two arrows. Hannah Ryan looks after Buveur and if she's happy, I'm happy.

Buzz
    6g Motivator - Tiysha
    Thurloe For Royal Marsden Cancer Charity
    114-3
    RPR 141h OR 137h
    He ran a great race in the Welsh Champion Hurdle last month and we'll continue in those competitive handicap hurdles.

Call Me Lord
    7g Slickly - Sosa
    73/2120-
    RPR 164h OR 155h
    He was as good as ever when bagging the International Hurdle at Cheltenham last season. I had queries about the trip and going left-handed, but he won decisively. We couldn't get him in the same form in the spring though. He's never enjoyed fences at home so will remain hurdling and I think there are smart races to win from two miles to three.

Captain Morgs
    4g Milan - Gold Donn
    The Albatross Club
    RPR 105b
    Unlucky not to win a bumper at Warwick first time, he put that right over hurdles at Ascot on Saturday. There's no need to do anything fancy just yet, but hopefully he'll hit some sixes like his namesake [England cricket star Eoin Morgan], who was watching from Dubai over the weekend.

Captain Woodie
    8g Presenting - Lasado
    Middleham Park Racing LXXX
    1/7/722-3
    RPR 116c OR 117c
    I can't get him right, but one day he'll hit the headlines and get it right himself and win a decent contest. He's capable and his patient syndicate deserves a change of luck.

Caribean Boy
    6g Myboycharlie - Caribena
    5692/31-
    RPR 143c OR 144c
    He's managed only two races for us, but I like him and Kevin Mooney, who rides him at home, has always been positive. I see him staying three miles if he relaxes and he's a novice for a bit, so I ought to be able to get a novice chase into him this month.

Casablanca Mix
    8m Shirocco - Latitude
    Evan-Robert Hanbury
    0/1114-2
    RPR 154c OR 150c
    She's a grand, fun mare who loves life and jumping, and our aim was the Topham, which we're keen on again. She ran a super race at Chepstow on her comeback and I'm sure she has more to offer, especially if conditions are quick.

Cascova
    5g Casamento - Sina Cova
    Chelsea Thoroughbreds - Cascova
    120/P-
    RPR 110b
    He'd done everything really well at home, but his hurdling debut at Ascot was disappointing and we gave him time. The season ended before we could restart, but he's had a good summer, is hopefully over his issues and ready for a lucrative novice hurdle campaign.

Star quality

Champ
    8g King's Theatre - China Sky
    John P McManus
    21/11F1-
    RPR 167c OR 161c
    It's fantastic he's living up to his exalted name and his extraordinary win in the RSA will be remembered for years. Jumping the last, he looked destined for third, but the hill and an inspired Barry [Geraghty] galvanised him and he made up a ridiculous amount of ground in the last 100 yards to win. We were doing some jumping after his summer break and he made a slight whistle, which only Nico [de Boinville] detected, but [vet] Geoff Lane confirmed it, so he's had a wind operation. It makes me wonder in that patch in the RSA when he dropped back, was he just looking for a pitstop? Barry doesn't disagree and, having got that second wind, he flew home. We'll also tidy up his jumping as to win the Gold Cup you've got to be immaculate, so there are two reasons he can improve – his wind and jumping. The chances are he'll go to Ireland for the Savills Chase, then have another run in Britain before we hope he can be a true champ at Cheltenham.

Champagne Mystery
    6g Shantou - Spanker
    Trevor Hemmings
    22/122P-
    RPR 146c OR 139c
    A capable horse who makes the pace, he was impressive at Aintree last season but the handicapper took a dim view. His jumping let him down at the festival, but he was hampered.

Champagne Platinum
    6g Stowaway - Saffron Holly
    John P McManus
    1/55437-
    RPR 141c OR 137c
    He looked set for the top over hurdles but lost confidence chasing, although ran respectably in the Kim Muir when he probably didn't stay. You wouldn't want to come too far back in trip though, and his novice chase status is a bonus, while his schooling has been superb.

Chantecler
    9g Authorized - Snow Goose
    David White & Dean Gibbs
    55/3117
    RPR 122h OR 121h
    He came to us wonderfully well handicapped and managed to win two. With a bit of luck, he can win another.

Chantry House
    6g Yeats - The Last Bank
    John P McManus
    1/113-
    RPR 148h OR 147h
    A handsome horse, he won twice over hurdles before his excellent third in the Supreme. He goes chasing, probably over two and a half miles, and he's extremely exciting. I'm hoping he's a star of the future.

Chasamax
    5g Jeremy - Peratus
    International Plywood (Importers) Ltd
    323-P2
    RPR 116h OR 115h
    I was pleased with his performance when he finished second at Ludlow two weeks ago and he's obviously on the upgrade.

Chives
    6g Sulamani - Ceilidh Royal
    Mrs Rita Brown
    Unraced
    We know this family closely and he was well educated in the spring, so hopefully he won't take long to come to hand.

Claimantakinforgan
    8g Great Pretender - Taquine D'Estrees
    Lady Dulverton
    1352/13/
    RPR 150c OR 148c
    One of our leading novice chasers the year before last, he had to take a season out. However, he was close to the best as a novice hurdler and retains that potential over fences.

Clarendon Street
    7g Court Cave - Carrigeen Kalmia
    Owners Group 028
    4/215/
    RPR 127h OR 129h
    He was promising over hurdles but endured some niggly – not serious – problems. He's returned in excellent shape and could go chasing, although he lacks experience and another run or two over hurdles might help. If all holds together he has a fine future.

Colonial Dreams
    8g Westerner - Dochas Supreme
    C N Barnes
    6251/86-
    RPR 138h OR 136h
    He hasn't found fences easy at home and we've stayed over hurdles. He's high enough in the weights but can continue to be competitive in decent handicaps and hopefully win one.

Corrany
    6g Court Cave - Time For An Audit
    Trevor Hemmings
    7/39222-
    RPR 129h OR 126h
    I've always rated him. He needs good ground and I'd like to win over hurdles before we go chasing.

Countister
    8m Smadoun - Tistairly
    John P McManus
    5/30/78-9
    RPR 138h OR 135h
    Has some classy form, but didn't sparkle last season and it was the same at Ascot on Saturday. She'd been working well and giving us better vibes, but disappointed and I'm not sure why.

Craigneiche
    6g Flemensfirth - Itsalark
    Robert Kirkland
    131-
    RPR 126h OR 127h
    He did well last season, winning a bumper and over hurdles, but little hiccups held him up and racing was halted when he was ready. The summer has done him the world of good and he appears a smart chaser in the making.

Crystal Gazing
    5m Sulamani - Crystal Princess
    Seven Barrows Limited
    147-542
    RPR 112h OR 115h
    A nice mare who wants a sound surface and probably ran her best race at Ludlow recently. She's available to lease and have some fun with before returning to her owner's stud.

Dame De Compagnie
    7m Lucarno - Programmee
    John P McManus
    521/511-
    RPR 147h OR 148h
    She's smashing and won at Cheltenham last December before stepping up – very professionally – in the Coral Cup. The plan is to go chasing but we haven't schooled her over fences as she came in a little later. We'll see how we go, but either way she's quality.

Diamond River
    5g Imperial Monarch - River Clyde
    Jockey Club Ownership (SW 2020) Limited
    32-15
    RPR 105h
    I hope he can give his patient owners some fun and he's had some good schooling with Henrietta Knight, so should progress over hurdles.

Dickie Diver
    7g Gold Well - Merry Excuse
    John P McManus
    214/
    RPR 145h OR 141h
    He was a good novice hurdler and was fourth in the Albert Bartlett in 2019, but niggly issues kept him off last season. I'm dying to see him over fences and he desperately wants soft ground.

Docte Dina
    6m Doctor Dino - Artofmen
    Walters Plant Hire & Potter Group
    5/14-
    RPR 101h
    She has lots of potential and I hope she'll take top rank in mares' novice hurdles after an encouraging hurdling debut at Ludlow before Christmas.

Downtown Getaway
    7g Getaway - Shang A Lang
    T F P
    217/P10-
    RPR 138h OR 136h
    He's a grand, big horse who has shown plenty. He's had problems and isn't the easiest to train, but there's no doubting his ability and it's time for chasing.

Duke Of Chalfont
    4g Alianthus - Bonne Mere
    A Speelman & M Speelman
    RPR 95b
    I thought he ran all right at Lingfield in an all-weather bumper and Sean Bowen, who rode him, was pleased too.

El Kaldoun
    6g Special Kaldoun - Kermesse d'Esutruval
    Middleham Park Racing CIV
    6/5260-1
    RPR 121c OR 120c
    It was marvellous to see him win over fences at Hexham last month and he did it well. He jumped great and Jerry [McGrath] was positive. He should be able to do that again.

Elusive Belle
    6m Elusive Pimpernel - Soviet Belle
    Robert Waley-Cohen
    201/325-
    RPR 139h OR 136h
    She ran respectably last season in quality company. The plan is to go chasing and I think she could be extremely proficient as she schooled neatly in the spring. She's ready to go.

Emir Sacree
    6g Network - Altesse Sacree
    G L Porter
    222F/
    RPR 121c
    Closely related to Sprinter Sacre, he was second three times in France and is quite forward and likeable. We might wait for some cut in the ground.

Star quality

Epatante
    6m No Risk At All - Kadjara
    John P McManus
    119/111-
    RPR 163h OR 162h
    She stepped up after the Gerry Feilden to win the Christmas Hurdle impressively and did the same in the Champion Hurdle, which was a joy to watch. She was ridden at home by Sophie Candy, who got to know her closely and the trust they had in each other was instrumental. The Fighting Fifth is the obvious starting point for her followed by the Christmas Hurdle again. She's probably not a chaser, but she doesn't need to be when there's every chance of winning another Champion.

Falco Blitz
    6g Falco - Ignited
    Axom LXXVII
    12415-5
    RPR 131c OR 132c
    I like him a lot, but he made a couple of mistakes and jumped to the left on his debut over fences at Ascot on Saturday. He'll come on for that and could develop into a decent novice chaser.

Father John
    5g Secret Singer - Oudette
    Middleham Park Racing Xi
    1-
    RPR 102b
    He's had niggly problems and his novice hurdle campaign never materialised last season, but he's stronger and more mature for that now. He's done loads of schooling and will get there.

Fix Sun
    5g Al Namix - Quelly Bruere
    21/112-0
    RPR 131h OR 136h
    Won twice last season and nearly made it three, but we never felt we had him spot on and he should improve a lot from his recent outing at Cheltenham.

Flinteur Sacre
    5g Network - Fatima III
    John P McManus
    21-
    RPR 128b
    He's Sprinter Sacre's brother and has looked the part from day one. He won with ridiculous ease at Kempton in February, did plenty of schooling in the spring and is ready for hurdling. He has a bit to live up to but is exciting. His lad Sarwar Mohammed tells me he's just like riding Sprinter, but that might be heart ruling head!

Floressa
    5m Poliglote - Dona Rez
    Just Four Men
    2/12129-
    RPR 141h OR 141h
    Gorgeous and classy, she was a Listed winner last season and is better than her performance at the festival. She pulled some muscles in her back and missed a race at Wetherby on Saturday, which was frustrating, but she'll soon be okay and we're condent she's a leading lady in waiting.

Follow The Bear
    8g King's Theatre - Mrs Dempsey
    G B Barlow
    1112P-4
    RPR 132c OR 135c
    He's a delightful character and I'll be disappointed if he can't go far as a chaser. He's an accurate jumper and strong stayer who prefers good ground.

Fox's Socks
    5g Crillon - Queva De Sarti
    J Palmer-Brown
    42-
    RPR 101b
    I like him and he should have won a jumpers' bumper at Wolverhampton. He's coming along and loves his jumping.

Fraser Island
    4g Australia - Ponty Acclaim
    A D Spence
    1320-0
    RPR 120h OR 126h
    A neat horse who did well last term, he's more robust now and can continue to progress. I was disappointed with him at Chepstow last month, but some of mine were needing it more than I thought.

Fred
    5g Cokoriko - Veribelle
    22/3311-
    RPR 139h OR 144h
    He had a fruitful campaign and is a bonny, bouncy sort who I don't think wants testing conditions. The plan is to go chasing.

French Crusader
    7g Kapgarde - Largesse
    Robert Kirkland
    52/121/2-
    RPR 141h OR 139h
    He's talented, as his second to Epatante last season demonstrates, but not easy to train. He could stay hurdling or go chasing and, if everything is right, could be very good.

Fugitives Drift
    5g Yeats - Shebeganit
    HP Racing Fugitives Drift
    3/312-11
    RPR 137h OR 137h
    He's two from two this autumn and it was possibly to his advantage he didn't run again in the spring as he had an enjoyable early summer on some lovely grass at Fiona Marner's.

Fusil Raffles
    5g Saint Des Saints - Tali Des Obeaux
    11P0-11
    RPR 158h OR 152c
    Chasing has helped him regain what he showed as a four-year-old, when he won a Grade 1 at the Punchestown festival, and he's unbeaten in two over fences, including a polished display at Cheltenham last time. He could go into graded company, possibly at the next Cheltenham meeting, and I'm keen to go two and a half miles, but it doesn't appear essential at the moment.

Galan Des Planches
    4g Crillon - Quaty Des Planches
    The Ten From Seven
    RPR 91h
    He'll get there. He was sixth at Stratford last week and is just taking time to get the hang of things, but he'll be all right and I like him.

Gallyhill
    5g Getaway - Tanit
    Claudio Michael Grech
    1- (point-to-point)
    RPR 90p
    We loved what we saw in the spring from this handsome big point winner, and he's had a good summer with Henrietta Knight. You won't see him until the ground is properly soft.

Galurin
    4g Sunday Break - Rirta
    Million in Mind Partnership
    5-62
    RPR - OR -
    He's our new horse for Million in Mind, who have been such loyal and enthusiastic owners. He shaped favourably in French bumpers and the biggest thing will be keeping a lid on him as he's quite buzzy, but he looks like he'll go well. Hurdling is almost certain.

Giants Table
    5g Great Pretender - Bold Fire
    Lady Bamford & Alice Bamford
    1/ (point-to-point)
    RPR 92p
    He's a grand sort and time won't have done him any harm. He'll start in novice hurdles but is a staying chaser of the future – hopefully a magnificent one.

Gipsy De Choisel
    4g Great Pretender - Beautiful Choisel
    RPR - OR -
    He won his only start in France and is a grand looker. I'm relishing seeing him in novice hurdles as he's very nice.

Global Society
    5g Shirocco - Oligarch Society
    Johnnie Lightfoot
    2221P4-
    RPR 122h OR 128h
    He looked to be going places when he won at Doncaster but ran away with Nico on the way to the start at Kempton and was out of control in the race too. I'm hopeful what was ailing him is in the past after a good summer at home.

Glynn
    6g Winged Love - Barnish River
    Owners Group 039
    1/1-
    RPR 131h
    He was brilliant at Doncaster on his hurdling debut but didn't sparkle afterwards and then racing was curtailed when we were ready again. He's had an excellent summer and has enormous potential. I'm not in a rush to go chasing.

Go Chique
    4f Crillon - Similaresisoldofa
    Middleham Park Racing CX
    RPR 98h
    A lovely looker, she won a Southwell bumper in style and I'm optimistic she can build on her hurdling debut.

Go Sacre Go
    4g Network - Altesse Sacree
    G L Porter
    P-
    RPR - OR -
    From the family of Sprinter Sacre and immature like him, he's a stunning youngster who may need time, but he's grown and developed outstandingly over the summer.

Goodbye Stranger
    3g Kapgarde - Romaneda
    Unraced
    He came via the same French connections as We Have A Dream and could start in a bumper or juvenile hurdle. He ticks the boxes, but we don't know much about him.

Gold Present
    10g Presenting - Ouro Preto
    Mr And Mrs J D Cotton
    P/39F2/9-
    RPR 158c OR 150c
    He's an old favourite who is consistent and classy and takes in all the big meetings. He's had a wind operation, so I'm looking forward to seeing him back, particularly on good ground.

Dark horse

Gran Luna
    4f Spanish Moon - Coppena
    Surrey Racing (GL)
    1-
    RPR 93b
    We saw plenty right from the start with this filly and she landed what I think was a strong bumper at Newbury before the sales bumper at the track, which we'd been eyeing, was cancelled due to the coronavirus. My hopes are high she can reach the top in mares' novice hurdles and show how talented she is.

Grand Mogul
    6g Presenting - Oligarch Society
    Mrs Christopher Hanbury
    4/1/P6-1
    RPR 130h
    I thought his win at Chepstow last week was great and sometimes when horses arrive from Ireland they can just take a year to acclimatise and that performance was completely different to anything we saw last season. He was very professional and jumped beautifully.

Gunnery
    7g Le Havre - Loup The Loup
    Mrs Fitri Hay
    21016-6
    RPR 122h OR 128h
    Likeable and capable, he's rated quite highly over hurdles. We couldn't run at Chepstow last month because of the quick ground but goes to Plumpton on Monday.

Haul Away
    7g Stowaway - Lisacul Queen
    Robert Kirkland
    147/4-42
    RPR 125c OR 123c
    A four-time hurdle winner, he has the credentials for chasing and we've just done a wind operation, which will hopefully help.

Heross Du Seuil
    3g Rail Link - Tulipe Du Seuil
    Mrs J Donnelly
    A recent arrival who won a bumper in France, he's a gorgeous horse from Defi Du Seuil's family. He could start in a juvenile hurdle before Christmas and his schooling has been a pleasure to watch, but bumpers are an option. He's one to note.

Hijack
    5g Fame And Glory - Etoile Margot
    Highclere Thoroughbred Racing - Fame
    5113-20
    RPR 129h OR 130h
    He was productive last season, winning two novice hurdles, but his jumping got caught out a little on lively ground at Cheltenham last month. He likes softer conditions, which he'll get now.

Hooper
    4g Rip Van Winkle - Earth Amber
    Pump & Plant Services Ltd
    6-12
    RPR 116h
    He won at Stratford but was second at Market Rasen last time, which was annoying as he probably shouldn't have been beaten. He'll put that right soon.

Hurling Magic
    6g Doyen - Distelle
    Owners Group 035
    2/ (point-to-point)
    RPR 89p
    He was going pleasingly a year ago but had a problem and we put him away, which won't hurt him. He's a fine prospect and I'm looking forward to him.

I Am Maximus
    4g Authorized - Polysheba
    Claudio Michael Grech
    RPR 125b
    It's great to have Mike Grech back in the yard and this is a lovely horse who was impressive at Cheltenham on his debut recently, but we'll go quietly as he's all about the future. I doubt we'll go hurdling this season as he's only a baby and we want to mind him, but he'll be very good.

Igor
    7g Presenting - Stravinsky Dance
    Mhankin Cnoell Menholding Rwaley-Cohen
    216640-
    RPR 131h OR 130h
    He produced some solid displays over hurdles but is an out-and-out chaser and could be good over fences. He stays and copes with soft ground.

Indian Glory
    5m Fame And Glory - Real Papoose
    International Plywood (Importers) Ltd
    9-
    RPR 85b
    She's better than her Huntingdon run and is going well now.

It Sure Is
    5g Shirocco - Stay At Home Mum
    Mrs J Donnelly
    248-
    RPR 125h OR 125h
    He's a gorgeous horse who is better than he's shown as things didn't work out last term. He's done well over the summer and goes chasing.

Janika
    7g Saddler Maker - Majaka
    4/14442-
    RPR 167c OR 162c
    His Haldon Gold Cup victory last year was sweet as it's not easy to find opportunities for him. He's had his soft palate cauterised and we'll try to stick to two and a half miles, maybe mixing hurdles and fences if he continues to come up short in Grade 1s.

Jen's Boy
    6g Malinas - Friendly Craic
    Middleham Park Racing CV
    42-222P
    RPR 123c OR 115c
    We switched him to fences in the summer and he barely put a foot wrong, finishing second three times, but he pulled some muscles at Cheltenham last time, which was his final run for a while anyway as he's a top-of-the-ground. He'll be fine and we'll see him in the spring.

Known
    6g Fame And Glory - Aasleagh Lady
    The Rose And Thistle Partnership
    4453-3
    RPR 120h OR 119h
    The handicapper responded accordingly to his third in a typically hot Newbury novice hurdle and he'll take a step forward from his outing at Ascot on Saturday. Wants two and a half miles and fences in time.

L'Ami Serge
    10g King's Theatre - La Zingarella
    81/7/27P-
    RPR 162h OR 152h
    It was great to have him back last season. He's been a smashing horse and showed he retained his ability when going close in Ascot's Long Walk Hurdle. We probably need to think about two and a half miles when it's testing. I'd love to see him shine again this term.

Laughing Luis
    6g Authorized - Leitzu
    John Sillett
    71519/3-
    RPR 125h OR 125h
    He was progressive over hurdles two seasons ago but got a leg and is slowly coming back. I'm hopeful he'll pick up where he left off.

Lecale's Article
    6g Malinas - Brookville
    Mrs J Donnelly
    1/ (point-to-point)
    RPR 93p
    He's a big, strong horse, a prepossessing future chaser. He'd delighted us at home but suffered a tendon injury so he's been off. I suppose we'll start over hurdles on some genuine winter ground.

Lelantos
    4g Presenting - Western Focus
    Middleham Park Racing Xci
    RPR 95b
    He ran a promising race in his bumper at Hexham and will have learned a lot.

Lilly Pedlar
    5m Yeats - Mathine
    Hot To Trot Jumping
    7/5-
    RPR 92b
    She's big but lean and might always be. She schooled plenty at the backend of last season and is ready for hurdling.

Lust For Glory
    7m Getaway - Maisie Presenting
    Annabel Waley-Cohen And Family
    05/2042-
    RPR 119c OR 134c
    We've always had a high opinion of this attractive mare. Her future is over fences, but the one caveat is that good ground is terribly important.

Marie's Rock
    5m Milan - By The Hour
    Middleham Park Racing XLII
    111-
    RPR 136h OR 144h
    She missed her big day in the mares' novice at Cheltenham after a stress fracture, which wasn't serious. She's summered well, has an enormous engine and is exciting. We've tinkered with her soft palate and hopefully she's top class.

Mengli Khan
    7g Lope De Vega - Danielli
    M A R Blencowe
    33-1641
    RPR 155c OR 148c
    He's got some first-rate form in Ireland and looked as good as ever last time. We bought him for Michael Blencowe, who has some youngsters with us but wanted a ready-made runner to have some fun with while we wait for those babies. Buying off Gordon Elliott may seem slightly strange, but the change of scenery might help.

Might Bite
    11g Scorpion - Knotted Midge
    The Knot Again Partnership
    P/UP37-5
    RPR 173c OR 152c
    We've had some magical days with him, including his crazy RSA success, King George triumph and heroic Gold Cup second, although the wheels came off last season. Saturday at Ascot, however, was miles better - terrific - and we were thrilled with him. It was the old Might BIte enjoying himself. He got tired on that ground, but was entitled to. The plan was one run and then head down the cross-country route because he loved that last term.

Mill Green
    8g Black Sam Bellamy - Ceilidh Royal
    Mrs Rita Brown
    343/1P6-
    RPR 140h OR 141h
    He was progressive over hurdles but has the make and shape of a chaser. He stays two and a half miles, so he could get three and be a useful sort.

Mind Sunday
    4f Never On Sunday - Mind Master
    Walters Plant Hire Ltd
    00-
    RPR 64b
    I don't know a lot about this big, scopey filly. She didn't excel in two runs in Ireland but her connections there thought a lot of her.

Miss Farage
    5m Sans Frontieres - Maid Of Might
    Turf Club 2018
    3-112
    RPR 113 OR 116h
    She's been doing well and won a bumper and maiden hurdle. I'm optimistic she can progress further.

Mister Coffey
    5g Authorized - Mamitador
    Lady Bamford & Alice Bamford
    1/12-
    RPR 127h OR 128h
    He was impressive at Newbury, but his next start at Huntingdon was a catastrophe and he took off with Nico. I've no idea why and he didn't have a chance to redeem himself. He wants another run over hurdles – over two miles – and then he could go chasing.

Mister Fisher
    6g Jeremy - That's Amazing
    James and Jean Potter
    8/72114-
    RPR 160c OR 155c
    We've always held him in the highest regard and he won twice over fences before coming fourth in the Marsh at Cheltenham on soft ground, which was a fine run as he's better on good. He looks fantastic and can progress again. I think he'll start at two and a half miles, although three miles could be on the agenda soon. He's in fabulous form and was electric schooling two weeks ago.

Monte Cristo
    4g Montmartre - Rylara Des Brosses
    62141-8
    RPR 124h OR 136h
    Another who needed his first run, having a big blow at Aintree after getting to the third-last on the bridle. We've not seen the best of him.

Morning Vicar
    7g Beneficial - Mary's Little Vic
    The Parishioners
    317/2F-2
    RPR 132c OR 129c
    I was delighted with his run at Uttoxeter as he'd had a bad fall at Newbury over Christmas. He did everything right at Uttoxeter but was just caught and beaten, which happens.

My Whirlwind
    5m Stowaway - Garranlea Maree
    John P McManus
    1/ (point-to-point)
    RPR 86p
    She's beautiful but things didn't go her way last season, so we left her. She's back looking absolutely fabulous. She starts hurdling but is a chaser in time.

Nanabelle
    4f Archange D'Or - Lias City
    115-0
    RPR 121h OR 125h
    Won twice in France and running her at Market Rasen in February after she'd only just arrived was a mistake. She needed her run at Cheltenham two weeks ago, but we had to get her started.

No Ordinary Joe
    4g Getaway - Shadow Dearg
    John P McManus
    Unraced
    He excited us in the spring as he prepared for the sales bumper at Newbury. He's a cracking prospect and could start in a bumper, but he jumps for fun. He has a fantastic future.

Ok Corral
    10g Mahler - Acoola
    John P McManus
    11P/091-
    RPR 157c OR 153c
    He wasn't easy to train as a youngster but has improved with age and won January's Sky Bet Chase at Doncaster, which was his prep for the National. I hope we can have a really good go at Aintree this time. I looked forward to watching the virtual Grand National in the spring, which I thought he was sure to win having starred in one of the most renowned trials. But, would you believe it, he refused, and that to me was about the biggest insult in the whole of last season!

On The Blind Side
    8g Stowaway - Such A Set Up
    A D Spence
    2/4P231-
    RPR 152c OR 145c
    He's hard to place and is high enough in the handicap but he probably prefers small fields. He won an all-weather bumper at Newcastle in February, but racing ended before we could see if it got his confidence back.

One Handsome Dude
    5g Canford Cliffs - Allegrina
    Steve & Jolene De'Lemos
    340/0-
    RPR 99b
    He had a few bumper runs and has thrived over the summer, so I hope he can make a name for himself over hurdles.

Overpriced Mixer
    3g Harbour Watch - Chincoteague
    Owners Group 051
    RPR 110h
    That was an amazing performance at Kempton two weeks ago when he jinked going to the last and the saddle slipped. Nico did well to stay on top before the horse picked up again and won well.

Palladium
    4g Champs Elysees - Galicuix
    A Meade, G Van Geest, E Kelvin-Hughes
    211P-7
    RPR 135h OR 135h
    He did well as a juvenile last winter but I was disappointed with him at Market Rasen. I thought two and a half miles would suit him down to the ground.

Paris Dixie
    5m Champs Elysees - Last Of The Dixies
    Owners Group 037
    0331/2
    RPR 110h
    She ran a bold race at Chepstow last month having been off for a long time. It was a very good comeback performance and we'll have some fun with her.

Paros
    3g Masterstroke - Soft Blue
    Middleham Park Racing CXXV
    1-
    He impressed at Dieppe in May. He seems an ideal juvenile and exciting type for the Middleham Park team. I imagine he'll want some cut.

Patroclus
    4g Shirocco - King'sandqueen's
    Walters Plant Hire and James & Jean Potter
    2- (point-to-point)
    RPR 90p
    A powerful, striking future chaser, he'll be hurdling first and has pace, so I hope he'll enjoy a constructive season. I absolutely love him.

Pipesmoker
    5g Authorized - Pisa
    Lady Dulverton
    232-
    RPR 135h OR 137h
    Mindful of his novice status, we ran him in grown-up races last season, but he was eyecatching and his maiden tag is a huge bonus. He's had a fabulous summer and it will be disappointing if he isn't among my leading novice hurdlers.

Pistol Whipped
    6g Beneficial - Holiday Time
    A Speelman & M Speelman
    1P/1F50-
    RPR 141c OR 134c
    He shaped with promise over fences last term and can improve as he's developed considerably during the off-season. We've removed a sarcoid [skin tumour] off his wither and it's taken six weeks to clear up, which is frustrating as he should be out now.

Post War
    9g Nayef - Antebellum
    The Duke Of Bedford & Dr Jerome Poupel
    36/13/6-
    RPR 114c OR 123c
    He's big and had time off before his debut over fences at Newbury, which was encouraging. I've no doubt he'll make a useful staying chaser on soft ground if he remains in one piece.

Precious Cargo
    7g Yeats - Kilbarry Classic
    Thomas Barr
    16/123F-
    RPR 151c OR 145c
    He's huge. He did well over fences last term and has enjoyed an excellent summer in the field. I'd like to think he'll improve. I think he wants soft ground and possibly three miles even though he's won over two. I adore him.

Pym
    7g Stowaway - Liss Rua
    Mrs Patricia Pugh
    0/211PP-
    RPR 151c OR 150c
    Honest and uncomplicated, he shone when switched to fences but didn't fire on bad ground in the Reynoldstown and the RSA was probably a bit tough. He came out of all that in fine fettle and can step up again.

Rather Be
    9g Oscar - Irish Wedding
    Eventmasters Racing
    12/B59P/
    RPR 153c OR 143c
    A talented novice chaser in 2017-18, he bumped into a problem which forced us to draw stumps, but he's in full work and remains a smart prospect. It would be great to get him back to his best.

Rathhill
    7g Getaway - Bella Venezia
    John P McManus
    14/00-
    RPR 138h OR 133h
    He made a wonderful start for us but then disappointed in the Tolworth and it's been the same story since with issues and interruptions. However, he has potential as a chaser and has been schooling and schooling and schooling, and it's gone magnificently. He could be a top-class horse and I believe in him big time, even if other people don't.

Star quality

Santini
    8g Milan - Tinagoodnight
    Mr & Mrs R Kelvin-Hughes
    132/112-
    RPR 175c OR 172c
    He's never put a foot wrong. It wasn't an earth-shattering start to last season at Sandown, but the plan had been to get to the Gold Cup via the Cotswold Chase, which he was great in. I'm proud of what he did for an inexperienced horse in the Gold Cup when he jumped beautifully but probably lacked a gear. He looks tremendous, bigger than ever, and I hope there's improvement en route to the Gold Cup, although I don't think that will involve lots of races. We'll try to start in Haydock's Betfair Chase and then I suspect it'll be the Cotswold Chase, but there's only one day that matters and it's in March.

Scarpia
    6g Sans Frontieres - Bunglasha Lady
    Mrs T Brown
    24-
    RPR 107b
    He ran with credit in bumpers, although his Fakenham run was trainer error as that's not a great track for a scopey individual. He's schooled nicely so we're looking forward to hurdling.

Settie Hill
    7g Cape Blanco - Claire Soleil
    Michael Buckley & Lord Vestey
    92/1U1/3-
    RPR 139h OR 140h
    He's fragile but talented. He could be a smart hurdler if we get a clean run, but he has the build for fences when the time comes.

Star quality

Shishkin
    6g Sholokhov - Labarynth
    Mrs J Donnelly
    1/F111-
    RPR 162h OR 159h
    He made considerable physical progress last summer and was impressive at Newbury after falling there. He was then even better in the Sidney Banks and showed tremendous pace, so we plumped for the Supreme, which he was lucky not to be carried out in. Nico managed to get him back in the race and it was a phenomenal performance considering that. He's got the lot and you could see him as a Champion Hurdle horse, but the Arkle's his objective. He schooled over fences for the first time two Thursdays ago and I've only seen two other horses do what he did. They were both big, both ran in the Supreme, won the Arkle and won the Champion Chase, but I'm not going to say any more! What Shishkin did was unreal.

Son Of Camas
    5g Creachadoir - Camas
    Sullivan Bloodstock Limited
    0113P-
    RPR 131h OR 133h
    We're fond of him and he's a big future over fences – he could be top class. He's had a wind operation over the summer and could improve for time and going two and a half miles.

Steal A March
    5g Mount Nelson - Side Step
    The Queen
    4414-
    RPR 117h OR 115h
    He's potentially very nice. He jumps accurately and should stay well. Chasing is likely to be on the menu, but there might be unfinished business over hurdles first.

Storm Of Intrigue
    8g Oscar - Storminoora
    Oscar Singh & Miss Priya Purewal
    10/3/
    RPR 129h
    Last seen in a hot novice hurdle at Newbury, he's had niggles but everything is going the right way now. He's a gorgeous big type and seems all over a chaser. I love him.

Style De Garde
    6g Kapgarde - Anowe De Jelois
    Highclere Thoroughbred Racing - Style
    R2203/3
    RPR 138h OR 132h
    He's had a slightly chequered career, but there's no doubt he's got ability and he'll do well if everything stays in place.

Sunrise Ruby
    6m Sholokhov - Maryota
    Blunt, Breslin, Duffy, Slattery
    3/225-11
    RPR 127h OR 128h
    She should have won last season but has made up for lost time by winning twice this autumn. She's undoubtedly going the right way.

Terrefort
    7g Martaline - Vie De Reine
    21/432P/
    RPR 164c OR 157c
    He was a revelation for us as a novice chaser with Grade 1 wins in the Scilly Isles and Mildmay, but things have not panned out since and last season was a write-off when he shook up a leg and contracted a disease that resulted in him losing his nearside [left] eye. Many horses deal with that and he's got a marvellous temperament, so I think he'll cope and we know he's got the ability.

The Bomber Liston
    4g Yeats - True Britannia
    John P McManus
    RPR 103b
    He ran at Ffos Las the other day and everything went wrong, but he's a lovely horse for hurdling.

The Cashel Man
    8g High Chaparral - Hadarama
    Mrs Fitri Hay
    11210-4
    RPR 121c OR 142c
    The most amazingly consistent horse on the Flat and over hurdles, he made his chasing debut last month and probably didn't need three miles first time out, but it was somewhere to go and he jumped well. He did nothing wrong and just tired.

Theinval
    10g Smadoun - Kineeves
    Mr & Mrs Sandy Orr
    936/FP5-
    RPR 154c OR 140c
    He's a tremendous performer and one of the most consistent horses we've had, although he doesn't want to be in front too early. He loves fast ground so we hope to have this lovable character out for the better races.

Timberman
    5g Califet - Millrock Lady
    J Turner
    25-
    RPR 119h
    He ran well on his debut but then disappointed over hurdles last season and racing ended before we could restart. Putting him in the field has been to his benefit and he jumps terrifically, so the outlook is bright.

Time Flies By
    5g Getaway - What A Mewsment
    John P McManus
    1235-
    RPR 131h
    Being a maiden over hurdles will stand him in good stead and I hope he's an exciting youngster for the top novices. He does everything right and could go far.

Top Notch
    9g Poliglote - Topira
    10P/113-
    RPR 169c OR 159c
    He's just a star. He's won every season he's been here and is a delight to have around. His first target will be to win the Peterborough Chase for the third time and we could give him a prep over fences or hurdles.

Valtor
    11g Nidor - Jossca
    0/1532-0
    RPR 159c OR 150c
    A grand servant who went with zest for a long way at Ascot on Saturday, but he's a lazy horse at home so might take more getting ready than some, especially at his age, although that means he's eligible for veterans' races, which might open some good doors.

Vegas Blue
    5m Getaway - Bella Venezia
    Crimbourne Bloodstock
    115-1
    RPR 123h
    She bolted up at Huntingdon last month, which she probably should have done last season. She's another exciting Getaway mare for her team.

Verdana Blue
    8m Getaway - Blue Gallery
    Mrs Doreen Tabor
    151/4-22
    RPR 163h OR 155h
    Wetherby on Saturday was frustrating, but she ran a good race and travelled strongly. She just doesn't find her gear change on that soft ground, but stayed on and jumped well. Conditions were also against her at Royal Ascot and in the Ebor, but she still ran fantastically. She's back safe and sound so we'll crack on and discuss plans with Michael and Doreen Tabor.

Versatility
    6g Yeats - Stravinksy Dance
    Barrow Boys 2
    1349-U5
    RPR 124c OR 121c
    He's had two runs over fences this autumn and is getting there. He's a good, solid soldier who keeps improving. He'll run again soon.

Voyage De Retour
    8g Craigsteel - Taipers
    Mrs Robert Bingley
    6/3-8
    RPR 118h
    He's had all sorts of problems but the Bingleys are the most lovely people so I'm desperate for him to do well. He should improve for his recent run at Lingfield and can win a novice hurdle soon.

Welsh Saint
    6g Saint Des Saints - Minirose
    Walters Plant Hire & Potter Group
    F21310-
    RPR 139h OR 138h
    His run in the Pertemps Final was disappointing but he'd been encouraging otherwise. He switches to fences as he's always been a sound jumper. He's back bigger and stronger.

Whatswrongwithyou
    9g Bienamado - Greenfield Noora
    Seven Barrows Limited
    178/P57-
    RPR 146c OR 137c
    He's a consistent sort who runs at the major festivals. He relishes soft ground but wants further than two miles now.

Whitlock
    5g Dutch Art - Barynya
    Lady Lloyd-Webber
    RPR 84h
    He disappointed at Ludlow recently when I thought he'd go close. He dropped out horribly quickly, but I like him a lot.

Will Carver
    5g Califet - Rock Angel
    Owners Group 064
    F41- (point-to-point)
    RPR 87p
    He's a wonderful prospect from the point sphere. He looks the part and could be exciting for his big team of supporters.

Unraced horses
    As usual we have a host of mouthwatering youngsters at Seven Barrows and they include Dusart, a big, athletic half-brother to our dear friend Simonsig who has a superb temperament and a great way of going. Like Simonsig, he's owned by Ronnie Bartlett.

Robert Kirkland has Italian Legend, who gives us the right vibes and hopefully it won't be long before he runs. He's got pace and jumps well.

Percussion, an attractive gelding for the Casablanca Mix team who is straightforward to deal with, and Valsheda, a spectacular, big boy with a delightful temperament who'll carry the Santini silks of Richard and Lizzie Kelvin-Hughes, are other five-year-olds to note.

Doddiethegreat was weak in the spring but has matured and strengthened into a horse of immense upside. I don't know much about him but hope he's as talented as Honeysuckle for owner Kenny Alexander.

I love Firestep so much I recently bought his three-year-old half-sister. He's owned by Charlie Dingwall and some pals and does everything right.

The Queen's Rapid Flight jumps beautifully and would have run in a backend bumper if there'd been a backend, although lockdown was probably in Mot A Mot's favour as he was a big, weak baby. He's bigger and stronger now and has loads of potential for Dai Walters and James and Jean Potter.

Thomas Barr's Blairgowrie is probably in the same camp. He looks magnicent so we'll push on when the ground is suitable.

I couldn't resist buying Major Sting, who is stunning, as I'm still a fan of Scorpion – Might Bite's sire – and his granddam Will I Or Wont I is a sister to Amtrak Express, who was our first winner after we moved to Seven Barrows in 1992 under a certain Charlie Vigors.

Moonlight Flit, a Getaway, will be in the Thurloe Thoroughbreds colours and looks a bit special, while At Poets Cross is related to the talented At Fishers Cross and is a promising youngster who was going nicely in the spring. He'll represent the Henry Ponsonby brigade, which also has Commodore Miller, a three-year-old who could come to hand earlier than some and appears the part, and a fabulous unnamed Blue Bresil to dream about.

Surrey Racing's sharp Surrey Quest might be an ideal candidate for the sales bumper at Newbury in March, for which they would have had Gran Luna last season but for Covid-19.

Unique Financial Partnership can look forward to the handsome Russian Ruler, who is by Shishkin's sire Sholokhov from Special Tiara's family, and Clean Getaway, an exceptional model who might not take long, which could be the same for Hyland, a striking Turgeon for the Speelmans.

Altior's unnamed Milan half-brother is imposing and talented and appears the finished article for Sue Magnier, who has a knockout Fame And Glory four-year-old with Pat Shanahan, while Jared Sullivan and Chris Giles own a Yeats four-year-old with no end of potential.

The Middleham Park team have a trio of exciting three-year-olds, including a cracking Kapgarde gelding, an outstanding Universal and a Blue Bresil with wonderful presence.

I was over the moon to get a Walk In The Park three-year-old for Michael Blencowe, who also has an athletic Mount Nelson to make a note of.

The programme for mares seems to get better and better and we have some gorgeous types, including Santini's High Chaparral half-sister for JP McManus and the Queen's Hamilton's Fantasy, who was ready in the spring and can hopefully make up for lost time, while I imagine we'll start Amazing Presence, who is owned by Sharon Kinsella and Jane Allison, in a bumper. She's lovely.

Barely Famous is from the family of Bond's Lover and our old ally Captain Conan and I know she did some nice work in Ireland in the spring. We can't wait to run her, probably in a bumper for the Hanburys.

Parisian Blue is the latest Getaway filly for the Crimbourne Bloodstock axis that had such fun with Verdana Blue. She could go hurdling but has shown enough to suggest she'd win a bumper, and I hope that's the case with Miss Fisher, the Potter family's Libertarian half-sister to Mister Fisher. She'd have run in a spring bumper and run very well.

Rosemary Tennant has had horses with us for many years and hopefully we can have some fun with Meadowsweet, who has shown a considerable amount.

Fantastic Lady is an attractive and professional half-sister to Casablanca Mix for the same connections and jumps so well we might not bother with a bumper.

Marmalaid is an adorable new three-year-old and I can't wait to see what she's capable of for Dominic Burke and Peter Alderson, while Tweed Skirt is beautiful and if she's as good as she looks we could be in business.

We also have some three-year-old geldings who could be anything for sale, starting with Rudy Caprice, a fantastic-moving son of Sholokhov.

There's a fine Flemensfirth, a Doctor Dino who has been a pleasure to deal with and a grand Getaway, who could come to hand quickly, which may also apply to a quality Sinndar.

Two for the tracker

Son Of Camas should be a high-class novice chaser and Pipesmoker is a novice hurdler to follow.

Expert view
    The problem with trying to pick horses to follow out of Nicky Henderson's yard is trying not to be too obvious.

The likes of Shishkin, Epatante, Champ and Santini all pick themselves, while the pre-season talk about Sprinter Sacre's half-brother Flinteur Sacre has almost conferred upon him superstar status without him ever jumping in public.

My three from the yard will hopefully slide a little bit further under the radar, starting with Glynn, who is probably going to have to go handicapping having won his sole start in a maiden hurdle at Doncaster in January by a ridiculously easy 11 lengths.

The fifth, sixth and seventh, all beaten in excess of 30 lengths, all finished second next time and there's little doubt Glynn has the potential to turn into a very useful hurdler this season.

That success was over just shy of two and a half miles so it will be interesting to see where he goes in terms of trip, but he certainly didn't look short of speed.

Marie's Rock feels like the one who got away last season as I had some fancy prices about her for the mares' novice hurdle, but she suffered a minor stress fracture and missed the race – although she might have been in trouble anyway considering how well Concertista won.

It's good to hear that Henderson is still excited by her though, and her change of gear, so evident when she ran clean away from her rivals in a Listed novice at Taunton when last seen, is going to be a potent weapon.

She has a long way to go if she is to give Henderson a first win in the Mares' Hurdle at Cheltenham (and Britain only a third), but don't be surprised if she lines up with a chance come March.

Precious Cargo made a promising start to his chase career last term and may well have a good handicap prize in him. Although arguably beaten when he came down two out in the novice handicap chase won by Imperial Aura at the festival, it would be foolish to think the trip got to him given his pedigree.

He had jumped beautifully from the front until then in a really competitive race full of well-handicapped novices, so I wouldn't worry about that fall.

That was also his first attempt in a handicap and in a big field over obstacles and, given his size and the fact he has run only four times over fences, you would expect him to really come into his own this season.
    Paul Kealy
    Last edited by wilsonl; 2nd November 2020 at 2:35 PM.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wilsonl For This Useful Post:

G-G (2nd November 2020), granger (2nd November 2020), Grey (2nd November 2020), Maruco (3rd November 2020)

Thanks
    He has a lot of mares in

Thanks
    As per usual, I can't find it now but thought I saw a comment on twitter about a stable tour in the RP for Warren Greatrex? Would anyone be able to put the link up, or did I imagine it? Thank you.
    Last edited by G-G; 29th December 2020 at 7:23 PM.
    Vote Alfie!!!!