Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Glorious Goodwood 2020

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    https://promos.paddypower.com/promot...=fbgwood010820

fiver free bet with paddypower in the 2.25 tomorrow

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    I've done 5 in the stewards cup for different reasons and probably still wont get the winner.
    KIMIFIVE got 25/1 I have always backed this but needs a lot of luck.young fallen claiming 3lb is a bonus.
    OPEN WIDE 33/1 is another one I've followed and will need the gaps.last year it opened up just right and he flew into 2nd.
    HEY JONESY you would think this course would be ideal and after the wokingham I have to back it again.
    SUMMERGHAND just lost out in the wokingham but O'meara went and won a £6000 race with him so hes worse off now.didnt make sense to me but you still cant rule it out.
    STONES OF DESTINY is well in with a lot of these but the drift is worrying.

In the consolation race I've done CALL ME GINGER 9/1 needs the ground to keep drying.
    I'll probably do the same but I've only backed Tinto thus far the rest I've just doubled with Primo's from the consolation race at 25's. I liked Kimi five but completely missed the boat with the prices.

I think I've gone with Tinto 40/1, Open Wide 33/1 Barbill 20/1 Silent Echo 28/1 and The Swindler 12's. So if Primo can run a big race I should have a fair bit of interest in the big one. Out Of them I probably like Tinto best but that may just be because his price is jucier. He is 3lb better off with Summerghand when beating him earlier in the season and this easier track should only help him uphold that form. He ran a shocker last time out that would be my only worry but I have my suspicions the ground was softer at Newbury than was declared back on proper fast ground tomorrow he should go well.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 875 Posts
    Steward's Sprint 1.05
    For a big field sprint, looks fairly cut and dried to me. Rewayaat is progressive, handles fast ground well and, though untried on the track,has proven himself at Lingfield. Neutral draw, but that's no detriment.
    7/2 with B365.

Steward's Cup 3.35
    Usual cavalry charge with comensurate prices. Gelding Barbill appears to have made a man of him and at 20/1 (7 places - Hills) looks worth a small interest.

Qatar Handicap 4.10
    Mr Snowdon appears from my tracker, which also informs me he needs 7f and delivering late.Every chance of fulfilling that role, and I make him a decent bet.
    Took 7/2 B365- My bet of the day.

Luck to all.
    Last edited by reet hard; 1st August 2020 at 6:55 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (1st August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    Really run out of steam as the weeks gone on which is inevitable. Yesterday was my first blank day since day one of Royal Ascot. But I had a meeting yesterday morning which ran late so I had about 15 minutes.
    Ive felt a bit underwhelmed by some of the racing this week. Yes of course the big races have been outstanding but some of the handicaps and other races have been a bit thin on the ground for me.
    Stewards Cup
    I think Nahaarr is a future Group horse. I’ve already backed Meraas at 10s, Watan and Atalantas Boy
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    I've done 5 in the stewards cup for different reasons and probably still wont get the winner.
    KIMIFIVE got 25/1 I have always backed this but needs a lot of luck.young fallen claiming 3lb is a bonus.
    OPEN WIDE 33/1 is another one I've followed and will need the gaps.last year it opened up just right and he flew into 2nd.
    HEY JONESY you would think this course would be ideal and after the wokingham I have to back it again.
    SUMMERGHAND just lost out in the wokingham but O'meara went and won a £6000 race with him so hes worse off now.didnt make sense to me but you still cant rule it out.
    STONES OF DESTINY is well in with a lot of these but the drift is worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I think I've gone with Tinto 40/1, Open Wide 33/1 Barbill 20/1 Silent Echo 28/1 and The Swindler 12's. So if Primo can run a big race I should have a fair bit of interest in the big one. Out Of them I probably like Tinto best but that may just be because his price is jucier. He is 3lb better off with Summerghand when beating him earlier in the season and this easier track should only help him uphold that form. He ran a shocker last time out that would be my only worry but I have my suspicions the ground was softer at Newbury than was declared back on proper fast ground tomorrow he should go well.
    This is making me feel quite hopeful as I find myself straddling camps with Outsider and Danny, two good judges of value longshots.

Just need Swedish Chef and a third leg...

I fully respect the profiles and claims of the likes of Nahaarr and Meraas and a win for either, or indeed any of the top half-dozen in the betting, wouldn't surprise me but I'm not convinced about their value. I'm happy to let them win unbacked.

I've gone in again on Angel Alexander at 40/1 with the offers. That's too much for a horse of his ability.

I've also taken Hey Jonesy 20+/1, Open Wide 22/1, Summerghand 25/1 (v1), Tinto 40+/1 and George Bowen 40/1.

I think I mentioned George Bowen before and I was immediately suspicious of his intentions last time out when he looked deliberately slow to trap and wasn't given a hard time. He'd looked on the way back the time before and that last outing might have got him back under the radar. But for that I think he'd be a 14/1 shot here. He is my main fancy for the race as he would pick up this lot and carry them on his best form. He's 2lbs better off with Summerghand having been unlucky in running at Pontefract the time before last. Last June he was trying to give Gulliver 8lbs and had earlier won a C2 hcap at Kempton off 102 for which he went up to 106, the mark off which in 2018 he was a close enough fifth in this. He's off 87 today (although it's for a reason).

Bottom line - I'll be happy if anyone finds the winner for the longshot thread!
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 1st August 2020 at 11:03 AM.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Made a horlicks of the 410
    When I saw the money for Society Lion, I did a f/c saver with mine which would have put me in front for the day. When I returned to my PC after the race, the screen said "Accept changes" which ensured the bet was never placed.
    Doh!!
    Last edited by reet hard; 1st August 2020 at 4:57 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Just watched the race again a couple of times. I think the sectionals will be informative. It looked to me like all three groups went too fast as the pace-setters all fell away late. Summerghand was second last in the middle, Kimifive was flat out and going nowhere with two to go and god knows where Brian The Snail came from.

I noticed Angel Alexander (forced the pace on the near rail) pulled up two out so hope it's nothing serious.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 979 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I thought MURAAD was quite impressive in the last at goodwood.what a good turn of foot to catch the leader.
    Bet there was a few took small odds that leader and had their fingers burnt.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (2nd August 2020)

Thanks
    See SR compiled his own figures for the Sussex, yet I swear I heard comments on 'the sectionals' on both ITV and UK racing last week.
    Darned if I can find the figures they quoted from though. Anyone else have a clue?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Heard you the first time!
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thought I’d say hello with a recent entry to my notebook.

It’s not often you see Ryan Moore make a bit of a fist of it, but he certainly got himself into lots of trouble riding Amanda Perrett’s MOOMBA who was up in class at Goodwood in the 13.10 Class 3 1m 3f handicap on Friday 31st July. He eventually extricated himself into the last furlong and MOOMBA finished best of all to get within 1/2 length of the winner Cepheus and finish second.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to Talking Horse, barjon.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......