Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Glorious Goodwood 2020

Thanks
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 997 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've done a couple tomorrow.i will join marb on seinsational and I've done zhui feng in the last.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Outsider For This Useful Post:

Danny (28th July 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 885 Posts
    I've backed Lake Lucerne 13/2 B365 & Sky, on the grounds that his 25/1 gp3 5th was a big improvement sfter 4 months off, and he'll likely improve again for the benefit of that run.

Thanks
    Proper gp1, the Sussex; Circus Maximus won't lack for a proper test with Frankie & Wm Buick fielding for him, and that could just give him the edge on the rest.
    Last edited by reet hard; 29th July 2020 at 12:28 AM.

Thanks
    This sharp 7f, on Summer ground is probably the ideal for Zhui Feng (4.20), who finished a close 3rd in a significantly better c/d contest last term, yet runs off an 8lb lower mark today. Runs without the blinds which might have cost him that day,and can't see Wm Hills's 16/1 (5 places) lasting forever.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

Outsider (29th July 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,497 Times in 2,754 Posts
    Mohaather is the only one today I feel very strongly about and have backed accordingly.

As far as the other races are concerned, this is what I'm looking at. The ones without prices I haven't backed just yet. I'm holding out for better odds but will go in soon either way.

1.10 Lake Lucerne 8/1; Dean Street Doll 11/1
    1.45 Mukha Magic 66/1 4pl; Coeur De Lion 8/1
    2.15 Encipher; Glenties; Kings Caper 18/1 4pl Sky
    2.45 Chief Little Hawk 8/1 B3
    3.15 Mohaather 3/1
    Illegitimi non carborundum

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Outsider (29th July 2020), Therightroad (29th July 2020)

Thanks
    [QUOTE=reet hard;739687]This sharp 7f, on Summer ground is probably the ideal for Zhui Feng (4.20), who finished a close 3rd in a significantly better c/d contest last term, yet runs off an 8lb lower mark today. Runs without the blinds which might have cost him that day,and can't see Wm Hills's 16/1 (5 places) lasting forever.[/QUOTE

9/1 now my follower must've gone daft.
    Last edited by reet hard; 29th July 2020 at 11:37 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 632 Posts
    Bit later than usual.
    1. Really liked Waliyak at Ascot. But could see Be More being a danger esp as course form and also beat Lady Bowthorpe last season
    2. V undecided on this race and may just plump for Johnston runner, Summer Moon. Always been a fan of The Grand Visio too and the Charlton horse has a v solid look to it’s form.
    3. Carlos Felix was visually impressive last time but I may have an interest in A Star Above off 8 2.
    4. Chief Little Hawk I wasn’t impressed with physically. Sardinia Sunset boasts best form for me and I like both Significantly and Night on Earth. Can’t comment on Irish raider other than 7 days quite quick to bring a 2yo over for second run.
    5. Pin time as you can make a case for every one. My pin leaning towards Mohaather but he’s going to have to be right at the top of his game to give 8lbs to Siskin. I think he’s most likely to handle track but equally I could see it being a v strong gallop and C Max outstaying them?
    6. Miss Jingles
    7. Mottrib. Verboten is in my tracker but is poorly drawn so I might have a look at Toro Strike too.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jinnyj For This Useful Post:

dvds2000 (29th July 2020), Outsider (29th July 2020)

Thanks
    Getting stuck on placed horses today! My irritating ex has had the first three winners....and yes I had ignored him!

Thanks
    Exceptional.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    I think it will be a good race for second place. Mohaather will win as easily as Strad.
    And in the same style. Stopped even more than Strad and still far too good. Value for at least four lengths.

Thanks
    And in the same style. Stopped even more than Strad and still far too good. Value for at least four lengths.
    Well done DO you got it spot on

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Therightroad For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (29th July 2020)

Thanks
    Backed Circus Maximus in a match bet vs Kameko. Was lucky.

First impressions is the 'racing tactics' from O'Brien's teams is leaving a sour taste in the mouth these days. The bump that Wichita gave the winner to force him into Kameko was blatant as was Vatican City being gunned from the get go to hem in Kameko. Keane did well to spot the antics - he has previous - on Siskin and moved out early. Anyone who backed Wichita and Vatican City (guineas runners up) were punting on domestiques for Circus Maximus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkWing View Post
    The bump that Wichita gave the winner to force him into Kameko was blatant
    I wondered about that incident but I'm not sure there was contact. I need to see it through again. It looked to me like Crowley gave M half an inch of rein and it shot forward faster than Crowley wanted so he hit the brakes, at the same point Wichita edged in to him but it looked to me like either M shied back or was still braking from crowley's manoeuvre. Hard to tell on only a couple of reviews. Either way, M lost further ground dropping back to come round the field and must have real class to overcome that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkWing View Post
    Backed Circus Maximus in a match bet vs Kameko. Was lucky.

First impressions is the 'racing tactics' from O'Brien's teams is leaving a sour taste in the mouth these days. The bump that Wichita gave the winner to force him into Kameko was blatant as was Vatican City being gunned from the get go to hem in Kameko. Keane did well to spot the antics - he has previous - on Siskin and moved out early. Anyone who backed Wichita and Vatican City (guineas runners up) were punting on domestiques for Circus Maximus.
    Not as I saw it:
    RM set out to make the pace, with the other 2 Coolmores shielding his outside to repel boarders. RM set a strong pace, and had Mohaather not got baulked he would, no doubt have been in the van,too.
    Sure enough, Frankie bumped him drifting down the camber, but to suggest it was intentional, is ridiculous .- on so many levels. As it turned out, that hiatus may well have helped M to win the race as; instead of chasing a strong pace he had to regroup, switch to the outside and run down the outside of those in front of him.
    Last edited by reet hard; 29th July 2020 at 4:45 PM.

Thanks
    I think that was as good a performance that I have seen at Goodwood. His biggest asset apart from his speed is that he is so well balanced, he’s easy to manoeuvre. I appreciate Kameko had a troubled trip and Oisin was very gracious in blaming himself. If the race was rerun with clear passages for both, I’d still expect Mohaather to win.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 997 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well done DO very confident selection.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Outsider For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (29th July 2020)

Thanks
    Siskin looks a bit of a monkey...poor enough traits today imho

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Anyone got any strong views for tomorrow?

I can't make such sense of it.

Breathtaking Look declared for Friday.
    Last edited by Marb; 29th July 2020 at 6:14 PM.

Thanks
    Always felt there would be at least one hard luck story in the Sussex.
    Siskin given a nice confident ride which I expected would apply to the winner. Clearly the horse has got Crowley out of trouble who was clearly very good.
    Shame for Kameko as Murphy had a lot of horse left at the end.
    All comers, all grounds, all beaten!

This perfect mix of poetry and destruction.

Thanks
    Putting this one up early as my gut tells me it will develop into a gamble over the next 36 hours and could go off as short as 9/4.

In Friday's Golden Mile, I think Prompting is a superb bet at 6/1. I've gone in heavily at the price. Despite a 3lbs penalty he's still 6lbs well in and has an inside draw. The main dangers on form are drawn wide and he won going away last time at 7f so has the speed to race just off the pace rather than from further back. Tudhope can't do the weight and doesn't come down for the stablemate.

If this one loses it will hurt...
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 29th July 2020 at 8:12 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (30th July 2020)