Thread: Forget horses, bet on travel delays

Thanks

Forget horses, bet on travel delays

I think there's a touch of genius about this. $423k is a pretty good RoI

https://nextshark.com/flight-delays-...rrested-china/
    Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. _ Harry Limes

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Warbler For This Useful Post:

Wolf (14th June 2020)

Banned
    Thanks
    I admire anyone who takes advantage of a loophole like this. It's been patched now of course. She should have been rewarded for drawing attention to it maybe. She did cheat, mind, so maybe not.

Reminds me a bit of the Australian pools scam back in the 70s? A long time ago anyway, and it wasn't really a scam just someone taking advantage of a poorly thought out time limit to get your coupon into the office in Liverpool. Someone had worked out that you could have people in Aus at the matches and they just about had time to phone them through to their UK guy in phone box close to pools office, and he could hand the coupon in just before the time limit expired.

From memory, they were jailed for this. That didn't seem right to me at the time, and it still doesn't now. The pools people had set the time limit too late, so to take advantage of this was cunning rather than illegal, imo, that's where it differs from the one one posted above.